Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I smash or re-sell unauthorised cars parked in pte property?

Default Can I smash or re-sell unauthorised cars parked in pte property?

I noticed a couple of cars that dont belong to our residents and they have been parked overnight for a few days. We do have cases of residents nearby sneaking in to take advantage of the free parking in our enclosed private property development.

Since it is illegally parked, is there any recourse for the car owner if I smash the car to pieces or get it tow away and re-sell it as scrap?

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123 View Post
    I noticed a couple of cars that dont belong to our residents and they have been parked overnight for a few days. We do have cases of residents nearby sneaking in to take advantage of the free parking in our enclosed private property development.

Since it is illegally parked, is there any recourse for the car owner if I smash the car to pieces or get it tow away and re-sell it as scrap?
    Smashing the car to pieces is illegal and attracting too much attention to yourself. Get it towed away is not easy, as you have to prove ownership. I say train your dog to relieve itself on the hood of the car.

See u on stomp
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Never know that we can do that......................

Since it is an unauthorised item in a private property, cant the owner dispose it at will? What if the car explode? What if the car is used for crime? What if the car contains drugs?

Wheel clamp

Wheel clamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
    Wheel clamp
    wheelclamp also can escape one. I prefer destroying the car, or at least smash all the windows and put in rats and cockroaches.

Lets leave morality aside. I just want to know the legal perspective.

Default Alternatively

Call Police and inform them there is a suspicious guy that left his car outside your home for days....then problem solve. Police find him to move for you

'Illegal trespassers will be prosecuted' Doesn't this phrase apply anymore?

what was that famous NS quote again?
    "can do anything something something..."

what can you do to an illegal immigrant?

beat him up and can u get away scot free?
    kill him and can u get away scot free?

i didnt know you and condonewbie staying in the same condo.
    condonewbie is just borrowing his friend's car la.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=21190

Got to ask lawyer. I don't think you can just smash the car, even though the car is illegally parked.

nowaday alot of car got camera hor... dont pray pray..
    Ong lai ah!

Could be resident's family car right? Maybe car servicing, then drive their family car back?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    what was that famous NS quote again?
    "can do anything something something..."
    Haha... you can do anything you want, but don't get caught.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Do you mean landed ppty or condo. If it is condo, get your Mgt to deal with them. If it is landed, I would think since they never get on your way or affect anybody, just leave it, 方便别人也方便自己. If you still feel uncomfortable with it, get the police to deal with it. Don't get yourself into trouble, no matter how illegal it is, you smash people's car, you are in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    Do you mean landed ppty or condo. If it is condo, get your Mgt to deal with them. If it is landed, I would think since they never get on your way or affect anybody, just leave it, 方便别人也方便自己. If you still feel uncomfortable with it, get the police to deal with it. Don't get yourself into trouble, no matter how illegal it is, you smash people's car, you are in the wrong.
    Is an apartment development, so dont have security guard one. i 'accidentally' dropped a bag of rotten eggs from my balcony, right on it. I wish.

On a side note, if you discover a thief climbing into your house, is it alright to use a baseball bat to wack him into pieces? make him crippled for life?
    Last edited by leesg123; 26-04-14 at 21:34.

Is there any barrier? How would anyone know if the carpark is private?

You can't do anything to the car. You smash it, it is mischief or even theft if the owner reports something missing. Tow away and re-sell is 100% theft.

Why can't you or other owners build a barrier?

Let's say if I am a driver, how would I know if the land is private? Signs can be missed. The only way is to put a barrier. ERP style if you are rich. Key lock style if you want to keep the cost low.

I mean you do lock your house door to prevent unauthorized access right? You don't leave it open like a supermarket.

Is an apartment development, so dont have security guard one. i 'accidentally' dropped a bag of rotten eggs from my balcony, right on it. I wish.

On a side note, if you discover a thief climbing into your house, is it alright to use a baseball bat to wack him into pieces? make him crippled for life?
    I presume apartment also has mcst though no security guard. Do you pay maintenance fee? Call your mcst and tell them about the issue, maybe they can do something to it.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    Why can't you or other owners build a barrier?

Let's say if I am a driver, how would I know if the land is private? Signs can be missed. The only way is to put a barrier. ERP style if you are rich. Key lock style if you want to keep the cost low.

I mean you do lock your house door to prevent unauthorized access right? You don't leave it open like a supermarket.
    Got barrier, those cars belong to resident's friends or owner who rented out their units. So they go no legal rights to park there, what more overnight.

Got barrier, those cars belong to resident's friends or owner who rented out their units. So they go no legal rights to park there, what more overnight.

I think it is a warning for people who like to enjoy facilities for free that there are people who are seriously upset about this kind of freeloading.

Personally I feel that as long as no parking lot shortage should live and let live. Give others a chance, who knows whether or when you might need that chance one day?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Usually estate with no security guard most likely small estate, where got so many parking lots to spare for free loaders?
    I heard that free loaders are always a problem in heartland condos, particularly the new ones because number of car park lots available is either same or 80% that of number of units in the estate only!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    I think it is a warning for people who like to enjoy facilities for free that there are people who are seriously upset about this kind of freeloading.

Personally I feel that as long as no parking lot shortage should live and let live. Give others a chance, who knows whether or when you might need that chance one day?

If got barrier, then you and the owners of the land need to come out with a better way to manage your land. It is actually a no brainer situation here. I don't understand why you have to go to lawless acts like smashing someone's car.

It is just like a house with 10 owners. You all pass the keys around, then people come in, who is to be blamed?

Also, rented out or not, there is no definition of legal rights. As long as I own the land, I can park; regardless whether I have rented out my unit or not. Unless yours is a condo and someone is enforcing the condo rules.

I will suggest the owners come together and find a solution. It is a very small matter which can be resolved easily by mature adults.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    If got barrier, then you and the owners of the land need to come out with a better way to manage your land. It is actually a no brainer situation here. I don't understand why you have to go to lawless acts like smashing someone's car.

It is just like a house with 10 owners. You all pass the keys around, then people come in, who is to be blamed?

Also, rented out or not, there is no definition of legal rights. As long as I own the land, I can park; regardless whether I have rented out my unit or not. Unless yours is a condo and someone is enforcing the condo rules.

I will suggest the owners come together and find a solution. It is a very small matter which can be resolved easily by mature adults.
    but i find extreme joy in smashing the car leh They park free, I get free entertainment too. Fair? HAHAHA

They didn't park for free. They are entitled to park there - with the permission from the owners. I don't see anything wrong with that.

but i find extreme joy in smashing the car leh They park free, I get free entertainment too. Fair? HAHAHA