Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Commonwealth Towers condo sees strong demand at launch

Quote Originally Posted by walkthetiger View Post
    Have to know that no all will think the same, full respect. Some may think creating positive news is the way to help the gloom, there are some audiences too, we should know who they are… No matter how gloomy is now; there should be buyer for home staying, these people are no investor, I understand their pain waiting to own a shelter, so these people should not wait for some silly years for price to down…. Get a shelter first.

For investment, people should understand the truth of this business first, before jumping in blindly, the cycle in this business is very long, too many young investors have not seen the full cycle, they started during the period where the bull begins, buried all their hope in this business.
    First, listen to gov for the most likely things to happen...
    Lesser chance to happen, which I maintained that a crash should be the best way...haha.... but it needs big balls-of-steel to initial some collusion, which can't be those small flies, it my honor to assit them if needed... I cashed out and therefore ready for those action anyway.
    Last edited by walkthetiger; 03-05-14 at 10:07.
    A bottle of Lafite '82 for all my coffeeshop friends yesterday...many don't know what is it....haha...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    That's expert and practical opinion. But some will still say you can't change ceiling height or sewage pipes?
    You buy to rent or stay?????

This is the first question

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    That's expert and practical opinion. But some will still say you can't change ceiling height or sewage pipes?
    The conceptual design very very unlikely to change much, too obvious, all eyes can see .. for items that not spell out in details, or impossible to spell out all details, these things all depend developer want to give you or not....
    A bottle of Lafite '82 for all my coffeeshop friends yesterday...many don't know what is it....haha...

Lesser chance to happen, which I
    maintained that a crash should be the best way...haha.... but it needs big balls-of-steel to initial some collusion, which can't be those small flies, it my honor to assit them if needed... I cashed out and therefore ready for those action anyway.
    ...but not to worry all, these are actually near impossible to happen in singapore...Believe in the gov, they knew the best for all.... I believe in them too....

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    You buy to rent or stay?????

This is the first question
    .....haha.... if buy to rent, then it's is okay for developers give your lesser????....

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

You can't change what is the in the walls, in the pillars, in the floors and ceilings (less cement, less pure sand, less steel reinforcement, etc as long as meet minimum standard can already (don't know building can even last 99 years or not???)), sewage pipes, electrical cables (ex iron core copper coated vs pure copper wires)..........................

For me, I am not concern on interior.... Why??? If ceramic tiles u don't like, change to marble or granite on your own. If tap, u don't like, change lor...

The exterior is more important to me... Cannot suka suka change the common tile leh

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    You can't change what is the in the walls, in the pillars, in the floors and ceilings (less cement, less pure sand, less steel reinforcement, etc as long as meet minimum standard can already (don't know building can even last 99 years or not???)), sewage pipes, electrical cables (ex iron core copper coated vs pure copper wires)..........................
    ....It is the quality of material, that is where there money pay less... and many many others construction technique....They can pay for basic items that just good/barely enough to pass BCA.... the building can still be safe for living

.....haha.... if buy to rent, then it's is okay for developers give your lesser????....
    They give me less and charge me lesser better or gime me more and charge me more?????

Hahahahahaha

So if people who buy sky habitat are labelled 'stupid' by those who don't buy....

Then those who bought sky habitat label those who didnt buy 'stupid'

Zero sum game...

The seller who sold his properties to the buyer will call the buyer carot head....

My tenant in anchorage gave me rental exceeding 250k over past 5 years of rental. First 2 years > 4k/mth. Next 3 years >5k/month.... Last year they shifted out to they new home....

I feel so sad for them....

Why play Russian roulette ?????

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    But how to tell???? Which condo haven't top got this poor quality????

After hotel new world. You think more stringent????? Hahahahahaha

Even merc, BMW also recall cars... Why ar?????

They give me less and charge me lesser better or gime me more and charge me more?????

Hahahahahaha

So if people who buy sky habitat are labelled 'stupid' by those who don't buy....

Then those who bought sky habitat label those who didnt buy 'stupid'

Zero sum game...

The seller who sold his properties to the buyer will call the buyer carot head....

My tenant in anchorage gave me rental exceeding 250k over past 5 years of rental. First 2 years > 4k/mth. Next 3 years >5k/month.... Last year they shifted out to they new home....

I feel so sad for them....

Why play Russian roulette ?????
    First of all, I doubt they will reveal to all that they are giving less with less price. Self judgement is essential to help people to buy what they think it is worth ...there is no real stupid.... it's depend who see it... how they see it...
    Last edited by walkthetiger; 03-05-14 at 11:12.

First of all, I doubt they will reveal to all that they are giving less with less price. Self judgement is essential to help people to buy what they think it is worth ...there is not real stupid.... it's depend who see it... how they see it...
    See.... Doesn't mean a person buys today, he is stupid because he cannot see the crash coming rite....

My tenants rented 5 years from me waiting for the crash.... Came in 08... They thought it will drop more... It didn't....

Today, people see will crash... If it happens, it's a black swan event.... Black swan cannot be predicted... If not it will not be called a black swan event... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Black swan event - nobody expects it... Hahahahahaha

The way to solving problems today is spending your way out.... Not austerity... Hahahahahaha... Things have changed... In the past, pay phone were everywhere.... Today you will be lucky if you see one around... Hahahahaha

if not mistaken, the developer give lower quality furnishing for the Wharf Residence when the developer sell at lower price in 2009.

See.... Doesn't mean a person buys today, he is stupid because he cannot see the crash coming rite....

My tenants rented 5 years from me waiting for the crash.... Came in 08... They thought it will drop more... It didn't....

Today, people see will crash... If it happens, it's a black swan event.... Black swan cannot be predicted... If not it will not be called a black swan event... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Black swan event - nobody expects it... Hahahahahaha

The way to solving problems today is spending your way out.... Not austerity... Hahahahahaha... Things have changed... In the past, pay phone were everywhere.... Today you will be lucky if you see one around... Hahahahaha
    It is the choice of a person to decide the best for him... if he hope too much a crash... but didn't.... then he learnt something for your future decision... There are all sorts of different need from people.... all the collective "wanting" will contribute to some of form of result later on... the people have to decide and be responsible for his decision afterall... But when come to making money, there are some fundamentals (because human never change their greed), if there isn’t, then don't bother to read any books or care what is happening or will happen, just glue to self thinking will be good enough for oneself, as long he is happy...

It is the choice of a person to decide the best for him... if he hope too much a crash... but didn't.... then he learnt something for your future decision... There are all sorts of different need from people.... all the collective "wanting" will contribute to some of form of result later on... the people have to decide and be responsible for his decision afterall... But when come to making money, there are some fundamentals (because human never change their greed), if there isn’t, then don't bother to read any books or care what is happening or will happen, just glue to self thinking will be good enough for oneself, as long he is happy...

Not difficult really, when you see that construction costs of the estate is so cheap (in $PSF ppr), that is a BIG WARNING SIGN!!!!!!!

Working backwards you can also guess:
    Selling price (you know rough figure) - (est) Profit (usually 15% or more) - land costs (you know exact figure) = possible construction & selling costs.

If construction & selling costs <$500 psf ppr, then Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................................

But how to tell???? Which condo haven't top got this poor quality????

Just looking at LKS or WB, the core of understanding and methods, there are similarities... Your choice to believe them...if they tell you to sell now, your choice to believe them again...ask yourself if they really helping you or themselves…but if you see them selling now, then keeping asking why sell now?....self judgment still needed, bet the wrong horse… you can’t win… All these are words said by many different people already, cause fundamental never change…but people like their idol and prefer to hear it from their idol....haha...there are audience from all areas, some like to hear this and some like to hear that.... good things is that many are coming here recently to read...happy?

Let me say this again, I am here to kill time only, but seriously I have cashed out, and up to all the people to see how much they want to read for this.

The Wharf Residence has SUPER high maintenance fees! You know why?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    if not mistaken, the developer give lower quality furnishing for the Wharf Residence when the developer sell at lower price in 2009.

Care to share how much is the Wharf Residences maintenance fee? For 2 bedroom?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Thermofisher View Post
    Is it the right time to buy now? Everyone talks about correction but will correction even takes place?
    Scared don't buy. Buy don't scare....so simple logic!

Quote Originally Posted by RCR View Post
    Scared don't buy. Buy don't scare....so simple logic!
    Reminds me of a quote when I was younger....scared dun mod, mod dun scared (mod=modification of cars). But I agree with this saying which applies even more to Ppty investments.

Smile Commonweath Towers Floor Plans here

Commonweath Towers Floor Plans here :

http://newlaunch-sgcondo.com/commonwealth-towers/

Commonwealth Towers prices update and floor plans here
    http://newlaunch-sgcondo.com/commonwealth-towers/
    Thanks

My friend + wife just recently bought a unit 1077sqft (17 th floor) . They paid a total of est 1.8milliom (ABSD 10%+3% = $180k).
    I find it absurb as they have sold their condo just near Lakeside MRT late last year (profit est 300k -500k). The reason his give is that
    they just want to be close to his daughter school. Anyway, the wife's father is rich. The 10+3$ ABSD is paid by the father who own a few
    shop houses. The paid cash $1.2m. The rest 600k is on loan.

We jokilying thank him for helping to contribute part of the $180m in Medisave top-ups to be disbursed to Pioneer Generation .

https://www.facebook.com/AllThingsProperties/

Pretty good read and advise from here, saw their sponsor post as below regarding the recent GLS.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business...sify-portfolio
    With such a high bid for the land, substantial difference from the second bidder, what does it mean for the future selling price of this development?

Will prices go back to years before?
    Existing developments are set to move quickly because
    the new land sales are sold at a higher price.

You might want to consider making a move now before prices start to go up! Of course it has to be within your means.
    Projects in Queenstown area:
    - Queenspeak
    - Commonwealth Tower (TOP soon)
    Projects in Redhill area:
    - Artra (Mixed Dev)
    - Principal Garden
    - The Crest (TOP)

More information such as floor plans, unit distributions and other details are also available upon request.
    Email us now: [email protected]
    Register your interest with us now to get first hand information and 'Skip the line' at the show flat.

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post
    My friend + wife just recently bought a unit 1077sqft (17 th floor) . They paid a total of est 1.8milliom (ABSD 10%+3% = $180k).
    I find it absurb as they have sold their condo just near Lakeside MRT late last year (profit est 300k -500k). The reason his give is that
    they just want to be close to his daughter school. Anyway, the wife's father is rich. The 10+3$ ABSD is paid by the father who own a few

We jokilying thank him for helping to contribute part of the $180m in Medisave top-ups to be disbursed to Pioneer Generation .
    it's not absurb. it's called upgrading. From jurong east to queenstown.

Not absurd, rich people can do anything with their money 😉

They rushed to buy when the developer offer some discount. The discount was stoppped when the China developer submited a record $1 billion for Stirling Road site . They thought that the ABSD 7% is applied as they have only 1 HDB flat. His wife owns a HDB shop (from father) which should be considered as residential ,not commercial. To their surprise, HDB board says that HDB shop is considered as a "residential" not commerical. They went to HDB office & to reason with the officcer in charge for 1 hr. But no use.

When their condo is TOP. They have 6 mths to consider whether to sell the wife's HDB shop.

HDB flat - Husband & wife
    HDB shop - Wife

They rushed to buy when the developer offer some discount. The discount was stoppped when the China developer submited a record $1 billion for Stirling Road site . They thought that the ABSD 7% is applied as they have only 1 HDB flat. His wife owns a HDB shop (from father) which should be considered as residential ,not commercial. To their surprise, HDB board says that HDB shop is considered as a "residential" not commerical. They went to HDB office & to reason with the officcer in charge for 1 hr. But no use.

When their condo is TOP. They have 6 mths to consider whether to sell the wife's HDB shop.

HDB flat - Husband & wife
    HDB shop - Wife
    How young are ur friends...? Actually sometimes I tink is it worthwhile lockup 1.2 mil in a condo and pay 180k cash to the garment, sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    How young are ur friends...? Actually sometimes I tink is it worthwhile lockup 1.2 mil in a condo and pay 180k cash to the garment, sigh...
    age 40+. But I dont think the wife will sell her HDB shop to pay less 3% ABSD (10% to 7%).

I think it is absurb because they bought the Lakevilla (near popular school Ru lang) at 800+psf & later rented out.
    Tgt to sell at 1400psf. But was sold @1200+psf.

I thought there is a master Plan Proposals for Jurong east . ‘A District of the Future’ and Singapore’s Second CBD.
    Lakeside will be an outstanding leisure destination with the new Jurong Lake Gardens and Science Centre.

Upgrading to commonwealth condo & pay $1800psf. I dont think it is a wise decision.Anyway, the wife's father is
    rich enough to help them to pay for the 10% ABSD. We need more rich people like the father willing to pay ABSD.
    The more the merrier to help the "less fortunate" SG people.