Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Developers vs True blue ppty buyers ... who has the final laugh?

Quote Originally Posted by litechaser View Post
    hi Yuki,

Can share what's the take up rate now with more units being snapped up ? Is it the 2 bedders being snapped up ? Thanks
    Yes 2 bedders. Some stacks are like.fully sold. .My mum dislike the balcony n the living room..but love the toilet space n design. But furnishing no good..spotted quite a few defects n overall too small even for her standards. And next to mrt exposed tracks. .so very noisy..

Anyway...iirc pricing is minimally 1 million. Showflat was packed when we visited.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
    Yes 2 bedders. Some stacks are like.fully sold. .My mum dislike the balcony n the living room..but love the toilet space n design. But furnishing no good..spotted quite a few defects n overall too small even for her standards. And next to mrt exposed tracks. .so very noisy..

Anyway...iirc pricing is minimally 1 million. Showflat was packed when we visited.
    How much is these 2 bedders anyway?

thanks! so there is a reserve price...hmmm...and the problem is more of aggressive bidding rather than high reserve price...and developers are bidding aggressively because they have money...and it will only stop when people stop buying...which is what the govt is encouraging with the CMs...so its true that real buyers buying for stay end up the victims? and quality of houses will decline as developers cut corners to reap profits?

During a Bull run, buyer try not to miss the boat.

During a crash, everyone jump ship.

With CM8, most buyer are for self stay.

Those who can afford and have lots of cash in the Bank will be buying, people like me can only see.

44K, 50 years old, 1.8 million loan, time to de-leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermofisher View Post
    How much is these 2 bedders anyway?
    1.1 million onwards for the leftover units.

Quote Originally Posted by nydeidith View Post
    thanks! so there is a reserve price...hmmm...and the problem is more of aggressive bidding rather than high reserve price...and developers are bidding aggressively because they have money...and it will only stop when people stop buying...which is what the govt is encouraging with the CMs...so its true that real buyers buying for stay end up the victims? and quality of houses will decline as developers cut corners to reap profits?
    As long as the economy is good, low interest environment...people will buy. $ kept in bank is eroding...

i m buying for own stay...and it seems that the prices going forward is going to be a new norm...the land prices are going up n up..coz developers are flushed with money and so many players bidding for the limited land ...

1.1 million onwards for the leftover units.
    This is cheap, how big is the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    During a Bull run, buyer try not to miss the boat.

During a crash, everyone jump ship.

With CM8, most buyer are for self stay.

Those who can afford and have lots of cash in the Bank will be buying, people like me can only see.

44K, 50 years old, 1.8 million loan, time to de-leverage.
    Is the market still considered a bull stage? And artificially deflated by the CMs? Everyone pointing signs its going to be a bear stage now..

This is cheap, how big is the unit.
    How big would you expect the unit?

it is 65 or 68 sqf ..cant remember.

How big would you expect the unit?

it is 65 or 68 sqf ..cant remember.
    You must be joking, 65 or 68 sqf....

You must be joking, 65 or 68 sqm...

Oops typo. 689 sqft / 753 sqft.. u can see from the floorplans.

hi *litechaser; 2br units in commonwealth towers still available. blk 230 stack 06 and 07 for 2br are filling fast.

hi *yuki well no one can predict where is the market will be heading in the future. the current situation is just like in year 2008 when property prices was at the peak before layman's crisis, those buyers who went in to buy were condemned to be silly. even worst short after that it was hit by layman's crisis. however, it took close to less than a year for the market to pick up again. my point of view is that demand will still likely be here. the slight correction in terms of the transaction volume now were due to the effect of the CMs which i think that has been effective. whether price will continue to slide i think it will also largely depends on the macro factor such as the overall market economy (which in turn also affect bank interest rate) and any unforeseen crisis. not to forget property is also a tangible thing where it also follows the inflation rate accordingly.

hi *nydeidith whether any GLS there is any reserve price, i am not too sure about this

all my views here are neutral and stand no position for any sales pitch as i am also into small property investment and work with investors closely

Quote Originally Posted by nydeidith View Post
    i'm just wondering...when government release land for sale...is there a reserve price? if yes, does it mean they (rather than the market) are actually in control of property price since they are the party in control of land? and historically has the government ever release land at similar sites at a cheaper price compared to before?

hope my question make sense...
    on one hand, govt wan land bid prices to stop increasing. on the other hand, they dun wan developers to bid lower den recorded history!

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    I have multiple properties :shy: :shy:
    a = 1
    few = 2-3
    many = 4-5
    multiple means wat? 6 n above?

Quote Originally Posted by 玉格格 View Post
    a = 1
    few = 2-3
    many = 4-5
    multiple means wat? 6 n above?
    thought multiple is x X x...? i.e. 10 X 10?
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by 玉格格 View Post
    more developers losing their patience n hv started to leylong ... but a lot of buyers arent rushing in to grab bargains yet.

do u agree tat as long as CMs r not removed, prices is still not at its bottom, hence we shd still continue to sit back n relax n watch gan cheong developers churn more patterns?
    Just like the Coe price now still will drop further. Dun gan cheong to enter the market now.

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    Exactly

there are many layers of CM

beneath each layer there are buyer

Slowly peeling off each layer will be exciting

we just have to be patience
    You referring to peeling onion? If you know the song 洋葱. 一层一层地拨开。

I like your saying, "beneath each layer there are buyers"!

Quote Originally Posted by chan600 View Post
    Just like the Coe price now still will drop further. Dun gan cheong to enter the market now.
    What has COE and Property in common ?

COE price is coming down but if too many buyers rush in to buy then will push up the price again. Dun need to rush, next year COE quota will be more.

Property market also starting to soft. Dun need to rush.

Currently maybe not so linked. But Minister Tharman has said TDSR is a permanent measure. So in 5-10 years all things that incur debts will be linked.

It is a good thing actually. Prudence has brought us where we are (in relation to some other economies that allows people to overspend). The measure will continue to ensure stability in the long run. The short to medium term pain is "bitter medicine", quoting our Emeritus SM Goh.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.