Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Developers vs True blue ppty buyers ... who has the final laugh?

Lightbulb Developers vs True blue ppty buyers ... who has the final laugh?

more developers losing their patience n hv started to leylong ... but a lot of buyers arent rushing in to grab bargains yet.

do u agree tat as long as CMs r not removed, prices is still not at its bottom, hence we shd still continue to sit back n relax n watch gan cheong developers churn more patterns?

Quote Originally Posted by 玉格格 View Post
    more developers losing their patience n hv started to leylong ... but a lot of buyers arent rushing in to grab bargains yet.

do u agree tat as long as CMs r not removed, prices is still not at its bottom, hence we shd still continue to sit back n relax n watch gan cheong developers churn more patterns?
    Let them continue to chuut pattern

when time is ripe
    ka ka hoot

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    Let them continue to chuut pattern

when time is ripe
    ka ka hoot
    Ai zai... they still big high high this means that they are not gan cheong enough. Wait till the bid comes down, then buy the newer ones at much lower price. I suspect CM won't be removed until we see bid price coming down so it will happen sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by pmet View Post
    Ai zai... they still big high high this means that they are not gan cheong enough. Wait till the bid comes down, then buy the newer ones at much lower price. I suspect CM won't be removed until we see bid price coming down so it will happen sooner or later.
    Exactly

there are many layers of CM

beneath each layer there are buyer

Slowly peeling off each layer will be exciting

we just have to be patience

standing in a neutral point of view, i think that the CMs are there to stabilize the property market and not to bring down the price. it is implemented to cool down the fast increasing rate of the property market thus letting the property market to have a steady proportional and parallel growth rate in accordance with the economic market growth; which previously was not the case. Country GDP and economic is still strong, land is scarce and growing population plan, i generally feel that property will still have a high demand here.

Quote Originally Posted by kaedenong View Post
    standing in a neutral point of view, i think that the CMs are there to stabilize the property market and not to bring down the price. it is implemented to cool down the fast increasing rate of the property market thus letting the property market to have a steady proportional and parallel growth rate in accordance with the economic market growth; which previously was not the case. Country GDP and economic is still strong, land is scarce and growing population plan, i generally feel that property will still have a high demand here.
    Property prices ran up far too fast in the last few years thus slowing it down won't be sufficient. They want down, else CMs are deem ineffective, this has been mentioned by the ministers as "soft landing" many times already

Property prices ran up far too fast in the last few years thus slowing it down won't be sufficient. They want down, else CMs are deem ineffective, this has been mentioned by the ministers as "soft landing" many times already
    Let us see how soft it will be

As population ages and with so many upgraders, people will rent out yheir hdbs for income so PC owners have more competition and rentals r too high in Sg, one of the highest in the world, interest rates going to rise so I would advise caution against buying PCs hoping to depend on rental to cover the mortgage...if no holding power for long periods of vacancy and price drops and SSD, can incur big losses.

If want rental income, safer to buy good quality reits...

Soon... New citizens will grab anything left on the market. Immigration has a long list of applicants.

bid price has to come down as sales price cut. sales price don't cut no buyers also cannot. sooner or later developers will be cornered. it's self fulfilling. buyers just need to remain patient.

If the bid for GLS price drops, the government will not sell. They can reject the bids. So the government has the last laugh.

Hi good morning all! another personal neutral view. firstly the term CMs is cooling measures; that also clearly explain the measures are put in place to cool down the market. if its here to plunge the prices, i feel that property bubble will arise and that is not clearly what our leaders want. Liquidity is strong and interest rate low remain low, demands will still be here but of course with the CMs such as the TDSR in place, buyers now can only buy with prudence which i think is a good thing as the generally rule of thumb when come to property investment; invest only with our sustainable means even when the interest rate will to go up gradually that maybe cause by macro external factors which are not within one control

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise View Post
    Soon... New citizens will grab anything left on the market. Immigration has a long list of applicants.
    Why don't they soak it up now? It's a qns of whether demand > supply or vice versa.

Exactly

there are many layers of CM

beneath each layer there are buyer

Slowly peeling off each layer will be exciting

we just have to be patience
    i tink u will like strip poker....

Ong lai ah!

Hi good morning all! another personal neutral view. firstly the term CMs is cooling measures; that also clearly explain the measures are put in place to cool down the market. if its here to plunge the prices, i feel that property bubble will arise and that is not clearly what our leaders want. Liquidity is strong and interest rate low remain low, demands will still be here but of course with the CMs such as the TDSR in place, buyers now can only buy with prudence which i think is a good thing as the generally rule of thumb when come to property investment; invest only with our sustainable means even when the interest rate will to go up gradually that maybe cause by macro external factors which are not within one control
    Sure and pay hundred thousands for ABSD for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by onglai View Post
    i tink u will like strip poker....

Interesting

Believed there will be stale bulls when number of units TOP.
    This year(16k to 17k), 2015(21k to 22K) and 2016(26k to 27K)

But when see a unit that I like...will still buy (for own stay)

Interesting

Believed there will be stale bulls when number of units TOP.
    This year(16k to 17k), 2015(21k to 22K) and 2016(26k to 27K)

But when see a unit that I like...will still buy (for own stay)
    Just a reference illustration that happened in the HDB market in year 1997; when the Asian Financial Crisis struck that year, there were close to 31000 unsold units in the market. Soon after it started to recover, it started to sell off within 5 years. it was the booming property market in the mid 90s before the crisis. Demand was strong and properties were moving. from this case study, i feel that overall property market will only be likely to have a great impact hit when a crisis happen. another illustration was during the year 2000 where the dot com crisis happened. 2003 Sars period and 2008 layman brothers crisis; where it also resulted a slide in the property market.

Based on the coming housing supply and future population increase, i generally think that demand will still be higher than supply in the market. demand will remain strong.

Just a reference illustration that happened in the HDB market in year 1997; when the Asian Financial Crisis struck that year, there were close to 31000 unsold units in the market. Soon after it started to recover, it started to sell off within 5 years. it was the booming property market in the mid 90s before the crisis. Demand was strong and properties were moving. from this case study, i feel that overall property market will only be likely to have a great impact hit when a crisis happen. another illustration was during the year 2000 where the dot com crisis happened. 2003 Sars period and 2008 layman brothers crisis; where it also resulted a slide in the property market.

Based on the coming housing supply and future population increase, i generally think that demand will still be higher than supply in the market. demand will remain strong.

Those were HDB which were meant to be stayed in
    As for PC many were bought for yields therefore using this as case study ta pakai (for own stay and for investment different game)

PC boom started in early 2007 onwards to 201x ?

There is a thread here which monitor the sales,(those bought 2007 to 2010) and selling at a loss now ( will term them as Stale bulls)

not saying there are no buyer (mostly buy for self stay now)
    and yours sincerely is one of them

But have to be patient as developer are giving discount now and when more stale bulls come in...believed I will be spoilt for choices

so how far prices going to come down, nobody knows but as a buyer, the more the merrier

Cheers

Go into property investment the old fashion way: Hold long term.

This strategy will most likely work for Singapore real estate.

The Government will give themselves a pat on the back when prices remain sideways for 1 - 2 years followed by % increase equivalent to inflation from 2016 onwards...

Many will still choose to wait and wait while at the same time, watch the value of their cash in bank erode slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine23 View Post
    Go into property investment the old fashion way: Hold long term.

This strategy will most likely work for Singapore real estate.

The Government will give themselves a pat on the back when prices remain sideways for 1 - 2 years followed by % increase equivalent to inflation from 2016 onwards...

Many will still choose to wait and wait while at the same time, watch the value of their cash in bank erode slowly.
    Yes
    got a friend who sold away his semi d in Coronation Road West in 1985 for 670k

today is worth 7m ?

Property is bought to be kept, especially good FH ones.
    Yes
    got a friend who sold away his semi d in Coronation Road West in 1985 for 670k

today is worth 7m ?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Property is bought to be kept, especially good FH ones.
    I always asked myself if inflation will always be on-going. I guess the answer is yes.

In any case, if there is deflation in the economy, it should be time to sell all assets in that country. right?

As for PC many were bought for yields therefore using this as case study ta pakai (for own stay and for investment different game)

There is a thread here which monitor the sales,(those bought 2007 to 2010) and selling at a loss now ( will term them as Stale bulls)

But have to be patient as developer are giving discount now and when more stale bulls come in...believed I will be spoilt for choices

so how far prices going to come down, nobody knows but as a buyer, the more the merrier

Cheers
    Are you renting now? Or you intend to upgrade? In a falling market, it's good to upgrade IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaykj View Post
    Are you renting now? Or you intend to upgrade? In a falling market, it's good to upgrade IMO.
    I have multiple properties :shy: :shy:

Cheers
    well i agree with that, HDB buyers are mainly buying for own essential stay and not for investment purpose. but both market still share the same theory according to the past market trends; so long there is crisis, there will be a down turn in the market.

i believe buyers or investors who buy now are more for own stay or long term horizon investment. at these current state with all the SSD and TDSR in place, it is very hard to see capital appreciation within a short span of duration like 3-5 years. however no one will know where the market is heading. but i think there is still demand for property due to economy, employment rate and liquidity is still in the healthy state together with the future population plan and land scarcity here.

Thanks *simi* for sharing your view

Cheerios :

Received more updates that more commonwealth units are getting snapped up.

Nonetheless. ..I would like your views..current bidded land or launches aside. ..do you mean price falls such as psf falling for newly bidded lands n launches or smaller quantum? Especially for smaller units.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post

Nonetheless. ..I would like your views..current bidded land or launches aside. ..do you mean price falls such as psf falling for newly bidded lands n launches or smaller quantum? Especially for smaller units.
    Hi, i would like to contribute my sharing neutral of view; the pricing for any new launches depends on the land bid price too. if the developer bid at a higher price for the land, it will need to sell higher in order to break even the total cost adding in the construction and building cost. also due to the increase in land cost over the years; developers are also building smaller units in order to keep the price low. it is quite typical for every pc to have a higher psf for smaller units, however, based on my experience, this doesn't apply for all projects, the stack facing and for the premium stacks it can command at a higher psf compare to the smaller units.

as for commonwealth towers, i did share my view on it in district 3 forum: my two cents opinion for commonwealth towers; the joint developers for commonwealth towers has bidded the land at a much lower price which is at $883psf ppr compare to the latest bidded land at redhill and tiong bahru at $960psf ppr and $1163 respectively. with this supporting fact, i feel that those who have bought a unit there will stand a strong foothold to capitalize the opportunity due to the fact that, the two coming launches will definitely price it at a higher price to sell as to compare to commonwealth towers, and the fact that commonwealth towers is situated much nearer to the mrt or rather sheltered to mrt. probably that is one of the reason why commonwealth towers is moving at healthy rate compare to other launches.

thanks *yuki for allowing me to share.

cheerios

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post

hi Yuki,

Can share what's the take up rate now with more units being snapped up ? Is it the 2 bedders being snapped up ? Thanks

Hi, i would like to contribute my sharing neutral of view; the pricing for any new launches depends on the land bid price too. if the developer bid at a higher price for the land, it will need to sell higher in order to break even the total cost adding in the construction and building cost. also due to the increase in land cost over the years; developers are also building smaller units in order to keep the price low. it is quite typical for every pc to have a higher psf for smaller units, however, based on my experience, this doesn't apply for all projects, the stack facing and for the premium stacks it can command at a higher psf compare to the smaller units.

as for commonwealth towers, i did share my view on it in district 3 forum: my two cents opinion for commonwealth towers; the joint developers for commonwealth towers has bidded the land at a much lower price which is at $883psf ppr compare to the latest bidded land at redhill and tiong bahru at $960psf ppr and $1163 respectively. with this supporting fact, i feel that those who have bought a unit there will stand a strong foothold to capitalize the opportunity due to the fact that, the two coming launches will definitely price it at a higher price to sell as to compare to commonwealth towers, and the fact that commonwealth towers is situated much nearer to the mrt or rather sheltered to mrt. probably that is one of the reason why commonwealth towers is moving at healthy rate compare to other launches.

thanks *yuki for allowing me to share.

cheerios
    Yes. I agree..but baring in mind these its hard to know whether the price will drop further as speculated by the forummers. Good facing units will definitely get snapped up first whilst the no good units will perhaps be lelong..but the thing is that even with cheaper lands. Will the developer sell bigger units? I.e..80plus sqft for 2 bedders which was a norm back in 2006 to 2009? Or continue to build 68sqft to maximise their profits. Either way due to TDSR, hard to see units size going up..with higher psf is continue to stay. so sometimes I wonder when people say..wait for price drop ..in what sense? The existing unit I have been eyeing on cheaper? But most of the time price drop is only to clear the bad units what. If new development s means quantum smaller? Or psf lower? Bigger units. After looking at all these..hard to do apple to apple comparison n justify price has dropped.

i'm just wondering...when government release land for sale...is there a reserve price? if yes, does it mean they (rather than the market) are actually in control of property price since they are the party in control of land? and historically has the government ever release land at similar sites at a cheaper price compared to before?

hope my question make sense...