Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152025 ... LastLast

Thread: STOCKS THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Werther View Post
    Hi CBSH

Can share why you like like counter? I am also looking but it keeps dropping... kind of scary. tks
    1. Insider traders. http://yanlord.listedcompany.com/stock_insider.html

2. China gov maybe removing some of the COOLING measure to allow foreigner to buy. FYI, the cooling measure
    may not be lifted.

3, China gov cut rate.

I am a risk taker. But I made sure I buy at 52 weeks low . It may drop below 0.90.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Default S&P and US$ Update

S&P and US$ Update as of 20 March 2015:

S&P500 now 2103 (+1.11%).
    US$:S$ now 1.383 (+1.86%).

More to come?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    12 Feb 2015:

S&P500 now 2080.
    US$:S$ now 1.3577.

Now is probably good time into China stocks.

HK:2822 now HK$14.46.

I avoided HK:2823 because it is a synthetic ETF (make up of futures, ELN etc), not a real ETF. There is a considerable slippage compared to the real China A50 index.

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post
    I bought HK2823 @10.8 & hold for almost for 2 years. It went down to $8 in Apr14.
    Sold @12.08 last year. I believe I sold TOO early. It went up as high as >$13.
    Now $12.4.

Bought Russian equity USD equity fund @75.8 during the "FEAR" period last yr.
    I set a tgt of 20% profit. But watch too much BAD news from the media & it affect
    investment decision.Sold within 11 days.I sold TOO early @83.5 at 10% profit.
    Now price @93.

My banker told me to do ELN of Deutsche bank when the SPOT is @Euro$33 last yr.
    Did not execute the trade as the strike is quite deep & yield is high at that time.
    Suspect it may go down. Week later, it announce right issue for new share @Euro$22.5
    It drop as low as Euro$23.6 last OCt14. I did not buy at the "FEAR price" around Euro$24.
    I did pick up 1800 shares @Euro$27.5. Hope to sell >Euro$31.

I bought OUE @2.08 (CPF) during the FEAR period last wk. But I lost my patient & sold at a small profit
    & switch to Kepcorp. OUE is now @2.23. I switch to buy Keppcorp during the "Fear" period @8.12. But
    again sold too early @8.59. Now @8.75.

2. China gov maybe removing some of the COOLING measure to allow foreigner to buy. FYI, the cooling measure
    may not be lifted.

3, China gov cut rate.

I am a risk taker. But I made sure I buy at 52 weeks low . It may drop below 0.90.

When I buy stock. I never TRUST the analysis recommendation. I only trust when there is "FEAR".
    An inexperience investors who has not gone through the up/down , did not understand the human by nature are deceitful,
    the deceitful big speculators behind the manipulation of the share price etc . The inexperience investors will likely to follow.

==========================================================================
    Yanlord Land Group (YLLG SP, Z25)
    Technical BUY with 19.9% potential returns
    Last price: S$1.08
    Target price: S$1.295
    Protective stop: S$1.01

BUY with a target price of S$1.295 with stops placed at S$1.01.

The stock is likely to rebound as it could be forming a potential bullish wedge with immediate support at S$1.14.

The 14-day Stochastics indicator could move out of the oversold region after forming a bullish crossover.

Watch to see if the stock can close above S$1.14 first.

Expected timeframe: 2 weeks to 2 months
    ==============================================================================

Default S-Reit: Prices could slide as much as 9% this year

BEWARE(!!!) if you are holding mostly REIT stocks in your portfolio..............

S-Reit: Prices could slide as much as 9% this year. Share prices of Singapore real estate investment trusts (S-Reits) could slide
    by as much as 9% later this year as the segment faces further headwinds from a looming interest rate hike in the US, analysts warned.
    The FTSE ST Reit Index, which tracks the prices of Reits listed here, slipped 0.2% on Tuesday after tumbling 1.2% on Monday. Monday's
    drop was the index's biggest daily decline since 15 Sep 14, according to Bloomberg data. (The Business Times)

Default When it comes to stocks vs. cash, follow Buffett’s lead

When it comes to stocks vs. cash, follow Buffett’s lead - Hold stocks, not gold or bonds, but cash is the absolute loser....................

When it comes to stocks vs. cash, follow Buffett’s lead

By Mitch Tuchman
    Published: Apr 8, 2015 3:37 p.m. ET
    Reuters

Here's a trick question, see if you can figure it out. Of the following two investments, which one carries the lowest risk — cash or stocks?

You might be tempted these days to blurt out, "Stocks, of course!" Valuations certainly seem rich about now. Earnings are downbeat. Nobody seems to know what's next with the economy, employment, interest rates and so on.

The answer: Cash, hands down.

None other than billionaire investor Warren Buffett addressed this concept in his most recent letter to the shareholders of his company, Berkshire Hathaway BRK.B, +0.26% Many retirement investors, he said, tend to think that cash is safe and that stocks are risky. Many would put cash in their mattresses over buying equity in a public company.

But it really should be other way around.
    Stocks have a long-running record of handily outperforming the major investment choices, including gold and bonds. But it's cash that is the absolute loser, thanks to inflation, a relentless force that destroys purchasing power like rust gnawing away at an unpainted bridge.

Outrunning inflation
    As Buffett explains, during the five decades from 1964 through 2014, the S&P 500 Index returned 11,196%, including reinvested dividends. During those years, the value of a dollar fell by 87%.

If you owned U.S. bonds during those years, yes, you earned a "safe" rate of return, but you ultimately lost 87% of the purchasing power of those invested dollars.

The problem, Buffett notes, is that people equate volatility — the daily movement of stock prices up and down — with risk.
    In business schools, volatility is almost universally used as a proxy for risk, Buffett warns. "Though this pedagogic assumption makes for easy teaching, it is dead wrong: Volatility is far from synonymous with risk. Popular formulas that equate the two terms lead students, investors and CEOs astray," Buffett told his investors.

But what is risk, really? From the perspective of the experienced, long-term investor, risk is not about fluctuations in the prices of stocks. Rather, risk is defined as a permanent loss of capital. By definition, then, inflation is risk, a permanent loss of capital. You cannot reverse inflation. You can only attempt to outrun it.

What outruns inflation? Well, stocks do. Jeremy Siegel, the Wharton professor who wrote the investment classic Stocks for the Long Run, calculated the long-term return on stocks at 6.6% (including reinvested dividends) after inflation is factored in, known as "real" return. That was from 1802 through 2012.

Bonds, comparatively, returned 3.6% after inflation. For gold, the real return was just 0.7%. The dollar lost ground, naturally.

Making money

Let's try this another way. What's the better investment, money in a savings account or investing into your own business? "Well, duh, my own business!" you might say. Of course it is. You know perfectly well how to make your business run profitably. All things being equal, that's the obvious choice.

Are you better at it than 90% of the S&P 500? The heads of Toyota TM, -0.02% Nestlé or Apple AAPL, +0.76% ? Do you have some secret to growing money that eludes the folks in charge of IBM IBM, +0.30% ? ExxonMobil XOM, +0.70% ?

Nope, you don't. They are pretty good at making money, too, and when you own stocks, you own a piece of that growth, plus the dividends you plow back into your holdings, year after year.

Buying publicly traded stock is not risk free, but avoiding stocks for the "safety" of cash is a mirage, and a dangerous one for your retirement to be sure.
    [/COLOR][/I]

Update as of 4 April 2015:

S&P500 now 2091.
    US$:S$ now 1.3585.
    SGD 3M SIBOR = 1.02397%
    HK.2822 = HK$15.50

Going forward?????????????

S&P and US$ Update as of 20 March 2015:

S&P500 now 2103 (+1.11%).
    US$:S$ now 1.383 (+1.86%).

feels like funds are flowing into europe and asia while US takes a breather?

may not be lifted.

3, China gov cut rate.

Sold my yanlord at 1.055 to realise my profit which about 11%. Shall wait patiently again for
    other opportunities to come.

any reason why u choose not to hold on?

given that many other stocks in sg and the entire hk and china market has rallied a lot more, yanlord at < 20% off the 90c low actually "hasn't risen that much".

Sold my yanlord at 1.055 to realise my profit which about 11%. Shall wait patiently again for
    other opportunities to come.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    any reason why u choose not to hold on?

given that many other stocks in sg and the entire hk and china market has rallied a lot more, yanlord at < 20% off the 90c low actually "hasn't risen that much".
    My target is 8-10% for any stock using CPF.
    Profit $4k.

I believe Yanlord has room to go up as most of the Chinese ppty developers stock listed in HK have gone up by 20%

rdgs,
    Vic

that's why i was wondering why u sold becoz other developers have probably gone bonkers in china and hk.

but since u have a disciplined approach, i guess its good to do that too.

Profit $4k.

I believe Yanlord has room to go up as most of the Chinese ppty developers stock listed in HK have gone up by 20%

rdgs,
    Vic

Profit $4k.

rdgs,
    Vic
    Bought Yanlord 0.94 using CPF. Sold @1.055 $%^&**
    Bought Yanlord @0.97 using cash. Sold @1.16.

With China also printing $. It maybe a matter of time the resources stock will start to move again from all time low.
    Blackrock fund , 1st state resources fund etc.

Update as of now : 4 May 2015 -------- % Change
    S&P500 now = 2119 -------- 1.34%
    US$:S$ now = 1.3312 -------- -2.01%
    SGD 3M SIBOR = 0.895 -------- -12.60%
    HK.2822 = 17.68 -------- 14.06%

Update as of 4 April 2015:

S&P500 now 2091.
    US$:S$ now 1.3585.
    SGD 3M SIBOR = 1.02397%
    HK.2822 = HK$15.50

Last edited by teddybear; 04-05-15 at 22:35.

SGX was 7.20 in NOV14. Now @8.45. Has moved up 20%

HK0388 (HK Xchange) has gone up from HK$180 in Mar15 to HK$288 now.
    Almost 50% up.

I bought UOB Kayhian in 2013 @1.67 & Sold @1.73 using CPF.
    UOBKH stock price has yet to move up. Dividend yield est 3%+.
    Bought @1.525 using CPF.

H-Shares more fun? I bought BYD at about HK$25, now HK$47.45 for a gain of about
    89%............

SGX was 7.20 in NOV14. Now @8.45. Has moved up 20%

HK0388 (HK Xchange) has gone up from HK$180 in Mar15 to HK$288 now.
    Almost 50% up.

I bought UOB Kayhian in 2013 @1.67 & Sold @1.73 using CPF.
    UOBKH stock price has yet to move up. Dividend yield est 3%+.
    Bought @1.525 using CPF.

H-Shares more fun? I bought BYD at about HK$25, now HK$47.45 for a gain of about
    89%............
    Congrats. I am using CPF (1st 40k=3.5% --- >40k=2.5%) so I need to be careful.

[QUOTE=cbsh38584;505387]Bought Yanlord 0.94 using CPF. Sold @1.055 $%^&**

Yanlord price is now 0.98. High was 1.28 in May15.

Let make investing simple.

1. Money is made by sitting, not trading all the time

2. Patience is really key in investing. It takes time to make money.
    Just be very patience.

3. There is a timing for all things, but you & I don't know when.
    But we know that when there extreme fear in the mkt. It is the time.
    Herd investing is a guarantee for failure in long run.

4.Investing in crisis time will be very rewarding and it will shortened your journey
    to Financial Freedom.

5. Trust your remiser, your banker, your stock guru seminar recommendation, listen to hearsay,
    Goldman sach, Citibank, Credit sui, UBS research team , the western financial media like CNBC,
    Bloomberg too much. Chances of making $$$ is very slim.

6. Fool me ONCE , shame on YOU.
    Fool me TWICE, shame on ME.
    Fool me 3RD TIME,so STUPID I am.
    Fool me the FOURTH TIME, I need to be CONDEMNED.
    Fool me the FIFTTH TIME, SIX TIME ... I am really a hopeless GAMBLER, not a investor.
    The final tragedy hopeless GAMBLER stage will bring financial disaster to his/her family

[QUOTE=cbsh38584;508827]

Just be very patience.

4.Investing in crisis time will be very rewarding and it will shortened your journey
    to Financial Freedom.

5. Trust your remiser, your banker, your stock guru seminar recommendation, listen to hearsay,
    Goldman sach, Citibank, Credit sui, UBS research team , the western financial media like CNBC,

Fool me the FIFTTH TIME, SIX TIME ... I am really a hopeless GAMBLER, not a investor.
    The final tragedy hopeless GAMBLER stage will bring financial disaster to his/her family
    Below is Noble stock tgt price
    ===================
    27/01/2015 - Current 1.03 Tgt price 1.60 BUY Macquarie
    17/02/2015 - Current 1.09 Tgt price 1.30 BUY OCBC
    27/02/2015 - Current 1.01 Tgt price 1.12 HOLD DBS Vickers
    23/03/2015 - Current 0.90 Tgt price 0.96 HOLD Maybank Kim Eng

If U will to believe what the GURU tgt price for Noble . You are likely to lose in long run.
    Only believe "FEAR". Your truly best analysis is "FEAR".

Noble is expected to report second-quarter 2015 earnings on Jul 29, after the market closes.
    There is a FEAR that that the result will be very bad. I am not sure whether Noble price will
    drop further. Some says it below drop to 0.50. It was 1.20 in July 14. Noble is only for trading
    & cannot be a long term investment.

FYI, I bought 1st state resources fund in [email protected]. Sold a few mths later @1.15. In 2007,
    it shoot up to 1.80. Today, the price is 0.76. So be careful f U will to be high beta unit turst
    fund like mining fund.

I do not think well of Noble, but then Olam is just as bad IMHO.............
    The best SGX-listed stock in soft commodity space is still Wilmar.............

[QUOTE=cbsh38584;508843]

Below is Noble stock tgt price
    ===================
    27/01/2015 - Current 1.03 Tgt price 1.60 BUY Macquarie
    17/02/2015 - Current 1.09 Tgt price 1.30 BUY OCBC
    27/02/2015 - Current 1.01 Tgt price 1.12 HOLD DBS Vickers
    23/03/2015 - Current 0.90 Tgt price 0.96 HOLD Maybank Kim Eng

If U will to believe what the GURU tgt price for Noble . You are likely to lose in long run.
    Only believe "FEAR". Your truly best analysis is "FEAR".

Noble is expected to report second-quarter 2015 earnings on Jul 29, after the market closes.
    There is a FEAR that that the result will be very bad. I am not sure whether Noble price will
    drop further. Some says it below drop to 0.50. It was 1.20 in July 14. Noble is only for trading
    & cannot be a long term investment.

FYI, I bought 1st state resources fund in [email protected]. Sold a few mths later @1.15. In 2007,
    it shoot up to 1.80. Today, the price is 0.76. So be careful f U will to be high beta unit turst
    fund like mining fund.

Noble today drop 11.9% to S$0.52.............
    Doesn't seem to be in good shape................................

I do not think well of Noble, but then Olam is just as bad IMHO.............
    The best SGX-listed stock in soft commodity space is still Wilmar.............

[QUOTE=cbsh38584;508827]

Just be very patience.

to Financial Freedom.

Commodities Collapsed
    ===================
    When global economic activity slows down, the demand for raw materials sinks and prices drop.Global commodities such as copper, iron ore, Oil etc are all considered to be key “leading indicators” that can tell us a lot about where things are heading next, recession.

So better be extra careful not to over leverage especially on private housing and car. Don't assume your job will be safe & that you will not be retrenched.

Noble share price = 31Jul2014@US$1.40
    31 Jul2015@US$0.48

Ezra share price = 31Jul2014@$0.69
    = 31Jul2015@$0.14

Ezion share price = 31Jul14@$1.75
    31Jul15@$0.92

Kepcorp share price = 31Jul14@$10.90
    31Jul15@$7.65

SembCorp share price = 31Jul14@$5.50
    31Jul15@$3.65

Unit trust 1st state resources [email protected] in 2006
    Sold @1.15 six months later
    2007 price @1.80
    31st Jul 2015 price @0.75.

One Aust dollar = S$1.34 in 2012
    One Aust dollar= S$1.00 in July 2015

One Canada dollar = S$1.27 in 2012
    One Canada dollar = S$1.06 in Jul 2015

One NZ dollar = S$1.05 in 2012
    One NZ dollar = S$0.905 in Jul 2015

[QUOTE=cbsh38584;508968]

Commodities Collapsed
    ===================
    When global economic activity slows down, the demand for raw materials sinks and prices drop.Global commodities such as copper, iron ore, Oil etc are all considered to be key “leading indicators” that can tell us a lot about where things are heading next, recession.

So better be extra careful not to over leverage especially on private housing and car. Don't assume your job will be safe & that you will not be retrenched.

Noble share price = 31Jul2014@US$1.40
    31 Jul2015@US$0.48

Ezra share price = 31Jul2014@$0.69
    = 31Jul2015@$0.14

Ezion share price = 31Jul14@$1.75
    31Jul15@$0.92

Kepcorp share price = 31Jul14@$10.90
    31Jul15@$7.65

SembCorp share price = 31Jul14@$5.50
    31Jul15@$3.65

Unit trust 1st state resources [email protected] in 2006
    Sold @1.15 six months later
    2007 price @1.80
    31st Jul 2015 price @0.75.

One Aust dollar = S$1.34 in 2012
    One Aust dollar= S$1.00 in July 2015

One Canada dollar = S$1.27 in 2012
    One Canada dollar = S$1.06 in Jul 2015

One NZ dollar = S$1.05 in 2012
    One NZ dollar = S$0.905 in Jul 2015
    Thanks for your timely reminder.. Yes getting impatience now..want to get in but also scared. Can share what you looking at now? thanks

[QUOTE=Werther;509037]

Thanks for your timely reminder.. Yes getting impatience now..want to get in but also scared. Can share what you looking at now? thanks
    Currently, there is no blue chip stock I would like to buy as there is little FEAR in the market. Maybe wait for Keppcorp to fall below $7.
    There is only one speculative stock I am interested in . That is NOBLE. GROUP. That is extreme FEAR in this stock. But it is not suitable
    for U as it is TOO SPECULATIVE.

SHAREHOLDER NO OF SHS PERCENTAGE RECENT ACTION/STATUS

1 NOBLE HOLDINGS 1436327737= 21.94%
    2 CHINA INVESTMENT CORP 630559454= 9.63%
    3 ORBIS HOLDINGS LTD 541038094= 8.26%
    4 FRANKLIN RESOURCES 531277670= 8.11%
    5 PRUDENTIAL PLC 529795371 =8.09%
    6 INVESCO LTD 331416270= 5.06%

I doubt those shareholders like number 3-6 really knows what they are really owning..........

[QUOTE=cbsh38584;509043]

Currently, there is no blue chip stock I would like to buy as there is little FEAR in the market. Maybe wait for Keppcorp to fall below $7.
    There is only one speculative stock I am interested in . That is NOBLE. GROUP. That is extreme FEAR in this stock. But it is not suitable
    for U as it is TOO SPECULATIVE.

SHAREHOLDER NO OF SHS PERCENTAGE RECENT ACTION/STATUS

1 NOBLE HOLDINGS 1436327737= 21.94%
    2 CHINA INVESTMENT CORP 630559454= 9.63%
    3 ORBIS HOLDINGS LTD 541038094= 8.26%
    4 FRANKLIN RESOURCES 531277670= 8.11%
    5 PRUDENTIAL PLC 529795371 =8.09%
    6 INVESCO LTD 331416270= 5.06%

Maybe wait for Keppcorp to fall below $7.
    I have no patience and started buying keppcorp from $7.83 on Thursday to $7.55 on Friday. Ready to average down to keep for long term.

Bought sembawang corp on Thursday too from $3.70 to $3.59 on Friday. Don't know where the bottom is, so I am just accumulating
    and averaging down.

Hi Money Talk...see you here..just drop you a note.

move out from Singapore market.
    buy into US
    reasons :

much more money there after all QE...
    US$ is strong against S$
    much better potential.

[QUOTE=teddybear;509044]I doubt those shareholders like number 3-6 really knows what they are really owning..........

Look at Noble straight bond price. It did not CRASH except for the Noble Perp bond
    Noble USD bond 4.85% due 8th Aug15 Price=99.6/100
    Noble USD bond 3.62% due 20th Mar18 Price=91.5/91.8
    Noble CNY bond 4% due 20th Jan 2016 Price = 98/99

Noble USD Perp bond 6% callable 24th Jun 2019. Price 70/72

That is why I prefer trading bond rather than stock. I only buy stock when there is
    extreme FEAR. Noble is one of the stock now trading with extreme FEAR in
    investors mind.

Sometimes, you should not buy 2 same sectors stocks. Kepcorp & SembCorp.
    If the oil rigs biz is not good & are in downturn.Both stocks also suffer.
    Diversification. One in oil rig & the other in bank or healthcare etc .

Angry

Sometimes, you should not buy 2 same sectors stocks. Kepcorp & SembCorp.
    If the oil rigs biz is not good & are in downturn.Both stocks also suffer.
    Diversification. One in oil rig & the other in bank or healthcare etc .
    Actually, i also bot into some O & G stock. Not doing well now. Since cannot buy pty now, go hoot stock... stock also down. Headache...