Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924 ... LastLast

Thread: STOCKS THREAD

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

No lah, not US$2.2M position lah, only US$220,000 position, a small sum only to play play...........

This is what we call medium-risk high-gain, where to find such good deal that earns more than $1m a year sitting in front of the computer and you have the freedom to do whenever and wherever you want..........

Obviously we cannot be making profits every day, but average out over a year is still a very big profit indeed........

Quote Originally Posted by richwang View Post
    Assuming a 1% movement of the market, so you are taking a position of US$2.2M?

If you are not leveraged, that's fine.

For retail investors, leverage will one day kill ALL your earnings.

Happy trading!
    Cheers!

Another day of good returns on futures trading - Netted EUR2425 + US$3625 (about S$8542) in 1 day!
    Just for people who are interested in trading...............

Quote Originally Posted by richwang View Post
    Assuming a 1% movement of the market, so you are taking a position of US$2.2M?

If you are not leveraged, that's fine.

For retail investors, leverage will one day kill ALL your earnings.

Happy trading!
    Cheers!

S&P500 up again to 1978..........
    This bull market has a lot more to run till at least end of 2017 (but will be bumpy along the way)..............

Correction now, but longer term positive still in sight, buy and hold on dips, trade on swings...........

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    This bull market has a lot more to run till at least end of 2017 (but will be bumpy along the way)..............

Sold all FCOT, HPH Trust and CRCT ...

Bought ARA Asset Mgmt, 2800.HK, 3085.HK, cut 30% in QQQ, X2 position in A2 rated corp bond

Both CMA (delisted) and CRCT are my best trades of the year :-)
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post
    Cash will be eventually the King. But we don't know when. Hope I have the courage to take profit & keep more cash or cut loss before the really big crisis comes. So far I managed to keep leveraging at manageable level.

The whole world is in manipulation.
    Manipulating everything from currency to commodity to stock to Government fake data , fraud accounting etc.

rdgs,
    Vic
    Hi cbsh

Long time no hear from you here.

Now, is it the time to hold cash? What yr views...

30 July 2014: S&P500 was 1978.
    5 Jan 2015: S&P500 is now 2040, +3.13%

What happening to Swiss Franc ?
    NEW YORK (AP) -- One of the world's safest investments — the Swiss franc — has swung wildly this week after the central bank in Switzerland announced it would scrap its policy of limiting the rise of the currency.

It may seem like an arcane move, but it's not. The Swiss National Bank's surprise decision on Thursday caused the franc to surge against the euro and dollar, sending shockwaves through the global financial system.

Holders of Swiss francs profited handsomely, but many investors and brokerage firms, were pounded with losses. Two brokerage firms in London and New Zealand have announced huge losses and will have to close. A New York-based currency broker said clients suffered significant losses, and it needed an emergency loan to stay in business.

Time to switch your $Singdollar to US dollar and gold ?

watch up India market

26 Jan 2015:
    S&P500 now 2052.
    US$:S$ now 1.3438.

More to come?????????????

30 July 2014: S&P500 was 1978.
    5 Jan 2015: S&P500 is now 2040, +3.13%

What is your thoughts on oil related counters? They seems to havd taken quite a beating...

Quote Originally Posted by chiongkakis View Post
    What is your thoughts on oil related counters? They seems to havd taken quite a beating...
    Be greedy when others are fearful !

So, what is your suggested actions?

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderkind View Post
    Be greedy when others are fearful !

Default S&P and US$ Update

12 Feb 2015:

S&P500 now 2080.
    US$:S$ now 1.3577.

26 Jan 2015:
    S&P500 now 2052.
    US$:S$ now 1.3438.

12 Feb 2015:

S&P500 now 2080.
    US$:S$ now 1.3577.

Already bought in US$ a few months ago.... didn't expect it to go so fast so soon.

For oil related stocks, the whole scenario reminds me of the 2008-2009 financial meltdown.

I am not saying oil price will bounce back to $110 per barrel, but as the economy of US, China and even EU improve, the demand for oil will pick up in a year or two. So, getting in early on those oil related stocks while they are still low in valuations will reap good returns.

Already bought in US$ a few months ago.... didn't expect it to go so fast so soon.

For oil related stocks, the whole scenario reminds me of the 2008-2009 financial meltdown.

I am not saying oil price will bounce back to $110 per barrel, but as the economy of US, China and even EU improve, the demand for oil will pick up in a year or two. So, getting in early on those oil related stocks while they are still low in valuations will reap good returns.
    In the 2008-2009 financial meltdown, who dares to buy BAC at $3 a share ?

I am watching a few counters like Keppel Corp, ChinaAVOil. Might go into small position first, this require longer holding power...

I am watching a few counters like Keppel Corp, ChinaAVOil. Might go into small position first, this require longer holding power...
    Eurozone finance ministers agreed in principle on Friday (Feb 20) to extend Greece's financial rescue by four months, averting a potential cash crunch in March that could have forced the country out of the currency area.

If you are into equities....buy into US stocks.

The US market is currently the only safe haven of all stock markets.

European investors are moving away from Euro markets due to the Greece's problems potentially dragging down the markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    watch up India market
    posted this 4 weeks back....
    new high...awaiting for their budget

The People’s Bank of China, the central bank, cut the benchmark one-year lending rate by 25 basis points.
    First time using CASH to buy stock, Yanlord @0.97 (52 wk low) last week. The 52 wk high was $1.22.

PBOC cutting rates appear to impact China-listed stocks significantly.
    I am using CSOP China A50 ETF (index fund) listed on HKSE (stock code 2822) as a proxy to investing directly in China-listed stocks......
    Expect HK:2822 to climb tomorrow.........

The People’s Bank of China, the central bank, cut the benchmark one-year lending rate by 25 basis points.
    First time using CASH to buy stock, Yanlord @0.97 (52 wk low) last week. The 52 wk high was $1.22.

PBOC cutting rates appear to impact China-listed stocks significantly.
    I am using CSOP China A50 ETF (index fund) listed on HKSE (stock code 2822) as a proxy to investing directly in China-listed stocks......
    Expect HK:2822 to climb tomorrow.........

I bought HK2823 @10.8 & hold for almost for 2 years. It went down to $8 in Apr14.
    Sold @12.08 last year. I believe I sold TOO early. It went up as high as >$13.
    Now $12.4.

Bought Russian equity USD equity fund @75.8 during the "FEAR" period last yr.
    I set a tgt of 20% profit. But watch too much BAD news from the media & it affect
    investment decision.Sold within 11 days.I sold TOO early @83.5 at 10% profit.
    Now price @93.

My banker told me to do ELN of Deutsche bank when the SPOT is @Euro$33 last yr.
    Did not execute the trade as the strike is quite deep & yield is high at that time.
    Suspect it may go down. Week later, it announce right issue for new share @Euro$22.5
    It drop as low as Euro$23.6 last OCt14. I did not buy at the "FEAR price" around Euro$24.
    I did pick up 1800 shares @Euro$27.5. Hope to sell >Euro$31.

I bought OUE @2.08 (CPF) during the FEAR period last wk. But I lost my patient & sold at a small profit
    & switch to Kepcorp. OUE is now @2.23. I switch to buy Keppcorp during the "Fear" period @8.12. But
    again sold too early @8.59. Now @8.75.

I bought HK2823 @10.8 & hold for almost for 2 years. It went down to $8 in Apr14.
    Sold @12.08 last year. I believe I sold TOO early. It went up as high as >$13.
    Now $12.4.

Bought Russian equity USD equity fund @75.8 during the "FEAR" period last yr.
    I set a tgt of 20% profit. But watch too much BAD news from the media & it affect
    investment decision.Sold within 11 days.I sold TOO early @83.5 at 10% profit.
    Now price @93.

Did not execute the trade as the strike is quite deep & yield is high at that time.
    Suspect it may go down. Week later, it announce right issue for new share @Euro$22.5
    It drop as low as Euro$23.6 last OCt14. I did not buy at the "FEAR price" around Euro$24.

I bought OUE @2.08 (CPF) during the FEAR period last wk. But I lost my patient & sold at a small profit
    & switch to Kepcorp. OUE is now @2.23. I switch to buy Keppcorp during the "Fear" period @8.12. But
    again sold too early @8.59. Now @8.75.

Bro

Thanks for sharing again. It is always easier to look from the hindsight. But if overall investment still in positive territory, it is good already. I also bot Kep at $8.05 and holding till now. Thinking of taking some $$ off the table as price stagnant at $8.7x.

Please continue to share so we can learn from you...

Published on Feb 1, 2014

Weather gives clear signs in prophecy by the Spirit for the end of summer season of 2015, to be on high alert for economic collapse with an alert for the California tsunami and mega quake as the possible trigger point. Note: this is not a prophecy, but a prophetic watch based on very strong signs herein. See qwakeup.org for much more, including 40+ prophetic dreams and visions given to Weather

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky-KzEaOCB4

http://www.danielloh.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    Published on Feb 1, 2014

Weather gives clear signs in prophecy by the Spirit for the end of summer season of 2015, to be on high alert for economic collapse with an alert for the California tsunami and mega quake as the possible trigger point. Note: this is not a prophecy, but a prophetic watch based on very strong signs herein. See qwakeup.org for much more, including 40+ prophetic dreams and visions given to Weather

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky-KzEaOCB4

http://www.danielloh.com/
    Thank for your sharing.
    This is what I am very very concern about at the time. If it happen, I don't think I have enough time to CUT LOSS
    way ahead.

Thank for your sharing.
    This is what I am very very concern about at the time. If it happen, I don't think I have enough time to CUT LOSS
    way ahead.
    Agree with you
    but just have to be cautious and not be aggressive

Q to buy Ezra at 0.49 and 0.495

so far none was done

Today, My banker told there is a ELN (Twin win) on Deutsche bank.
    Spot price $29.41
    Deep barrier 77% of $29.41 = $22.6
    Knock out 96% of $29.41 = $28,23
    Strike 100% of $29.41 = $29.41
    6 mths (Apr15 to Sept15)

With this Twin win ELN on Deutsche bank info. It maybe a indication that
    $29.41 price is at a peak & correction on this stock may happen.
    But analyst long term tgt is still >$33.

So I decide to sell my current holding Deutsche bank which I bought
    at $27.50. Sold at $29.31. Est 6%+ profit. Not to hold till it reach $31
    which is my tgt price to sell. If it drop below my buy price, may consider
    buy back again.

Sometime, ELN pricing (deep barrier & high coupon) can be a indication that
    particular stock maybe due to sell down. I may not be 100% accurate.

Now price is @29.11 (drop1%).

Buy Yanlord more @0.94 but using CPF.

Buy Yanlord more @0.94 but using CPF.
    Hi CBSH

Can share why you like like counter? I am also looking but it keeps dropping... kind of scary. tks