Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MontView (D10, Freehold, Ho Bee)

Unregistered Guest

Wink Re: MontView (D10, Freehold, Ho Bee)

I also think Montview is a very good buy.
    For the size, for the district 10 title deed, for the exclusiveness ............

My 2 cents thoughts ..... Ho Bee is under pressured now to give quality works, after all the hype it has created in its Sentosa developments so I am confident of the quality Montview will have.

Anyone selling...?

Landlord 2 Guest

Anybody know the potential rental for a 3 and 4 bedder unit at this development? Any done deal and rental done?

dafrankcode Guest

Default Montview

Montview is an investor's and owner's dream. Current market is at 1300-1400 psf a true bargain still at these levels. Why ? Singland will soon launched its project at Himiko court which it acquired at abt 850 per square feet and expected to launched this new project between 1600-1800. psf.

Montview is within 1 KM to Henry Park School , 500 M from International School, 10-15 minutes walk to Dover MRT and is exclusive and serene. Marbella is 3 years old and is transacted at 1400-1500 psf.

Montview's finishing and layout is second to none and comes with full complete facilities including tennis court which is very rare nowadays despite its size and has a grand entrance and lobby which is filled with water features for Feng Shui that is only seen in super luxury project.

Do your own research , view the units there and you will be amazed.

Montview Lover Guest

Talking Good Potential

Quote Originally Posted by dafrankcode
    Montview is an investor's and owner's dream. Current market is at 1300-1400 psf a true bargain still at these levels. Why ? Singland will soon launched its project at Himiko court which it acquired at abt 850 per square feet and expected to launched this new project between 1600-1800. psf.

Montview is within 1 KM to Henry Park School , 500 M from International School, 10-15 minutes walk to Dover MRT and is exclusive and serene. Marbella is 3 years old and is transacted at 1400-1500 psf.

Montview's finishing and layout is second to none and comes with full complete facilities including tennis court which is very rare nowadays despite its size and has a grand entrance and lobby which is filled with water features for Feng Shui that is only seen in super luxury project.

Do your own research , view the units there and you will be amazed.
    I cannot agree with you more. A bargain in District 10! Think the current rental is in the region of S$6K to S$8K per month for 3/4 bedders depending on whether its partial or fully furnished. Above average return base on current market price.

pinball Guest

Montview's furnishings, designs and location are indeed very good. however if you are considering rental or even buying for short term stay, there is an important factor you need to consider. There is a nearby (less than 50 meters away) enbloc construction going on at the former Himiko Court site. They havent even tore down the few high rise blocks, you can imagine the noise, dust and flies/mosquitoes that come with it when the real work begins!Before the complaint to NEA they actually start work at 7 plus in the mornings, Monday to Sunday! After complaint, they now start work at 8. still monday to sunday. You will have to bear with the noise and dust and the flies.To me rental at 6-8 k is way too high given these factors.

dafrankcode Guest

Default montview

Agreed that there will construction activities at former Himiko court. The nettings are up on both the blocks and tearing it down will commence in a week two time and will normally take 1-2 months, this is when the noise is at its worse. Beyond that it's bearable.

All units in Montview face either north or south. Thus no danger of blockage at your living rooms and balcony. Only certain bedrooms view may be effected depending on how the design of Singland project and which stack in Montview. Anyway it's almost impossible to find any project with clear and unblocked views in all directions.

Being near 2 good co ed schools for locals and foreigners ie.henry park and an international school will command a premium over most locations.

Montview has yet to reached it fullest potential and a real gem which is ideal for those who treasure serenity, privacy and exclusivity.

Take a closer look at it and judge for yourselves.

Montview Lover Guest

Default Noise

I guess with windows closed and aircon on, noises and what nots should be minimal. In any case, construction works on former Himiko Court is only but a very short term phenomenon. Where else in Singapore can you get a FREEHOLD with full facilities in a prime location at the current price?

pinball Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Montview Lover
    I guess with windows closed and aircon on, noises and what nots should be minimal. In any case, construction works on former Himiko Court is only but a very short term phenomenon. Where else in Singapore can you get a FREEHOLD with full facilities in a prime location at the current price?
    you cant possibly on your aircon first thing in the morning all the way till 7pm right? in fact if not for the noise and dust, it is usually very breezy and windy if you open all the balcony doors. and yes, most units are hardly blocked.

Dafrankcode Guest

Default montview

With current high construction cost n materials n market sentiment,buying newly launch project under construction is a risk as compared to completed project. Few developments other than super luxury projects can provide furnishings n materials such as montview. Another thing to note is mount Sinai will be in between new f&b hub such as rochester and renovated hub like holland v n sunset way. Why be in center of downtown which will be really congested and cost> 100% more when one can owe a more tranquil place 10 minutes away from orchard. Do ur sums and comparison ?

Agreed that there will construction activities at former Himiko court. The nettings are up on both the blocks and tearing it down will commence in a week two time and will normally take 1-2 months, this is when the noise is at its worse. Beyond that it's bearable.

All units in Montview face either north or south. Thus no danger of blockage at your living rooms and balcony. Only certain bedrooms view may be effected depending on how the design of Singland project and which stack in Montview. Anyway it's almost impossible to find any project with clear and unblocked views in all directions.

Being near 2 good co ed schools for locals and foreigners ie.henry park and an international school will command a premium over most locations.

Montview has yet to reached it fullest potential and a real gem which is ideal for those who treasure serenity, privacy and exclusivity.

Take a closer look at it and judge for yourselves.
    Actually I find all the units @ montview has bad qualities. Those that face Himiko, Ridgewood will have their unit's views blocked while the other side will have to endure the full harsh west sun. As the units have full windows, most of the rooms will have to endure oven hot rooms at night.

In terms of land area, its rather small footprint means it feels rather conjested. All in all, the plus point is its location and free-hold status but @ $1.4k psf, there r many other choices available. Btw, within 1km to henry Park is no guarantee of entry, even for Phase 2B, still must ballot sometimes.

Montview Lover Guest

Talking Location

Quote Originally Posted by Farnie
    Actually I find all the units @ montview has bad qualities. Those that face Himiko, Ridgewood will have their unit's views blocked while the other side will have to endure the full harsh west sun. As the units have full windows, most of the rooms will have to endure oven hot rooms at night.

In terms of land area, its rather small footprint means it feels rather conjested. All in all, the plus point is its location and free-hold status but @ $1.4k psf, there r many other choices available. Btw, within 1km to henry Park is no guarantee of entry, even for Phase 2B, still must ballot sometimes.
    I beg to differ. From the balcony actually you can view part of the MRT and greenery plus the part of the sea further out, i.e. if you are facing east. You can also have the city view. But of course, you have to get the units on the high floor. In many developments, low floor units are usually blocked.

Other plus points - you are only one MRT stop away from One North and Clementi both ways. You are also only 15 minutes away from The Singapore Polytechnic located at Dover MRT Station. You are also within 1 to 2 km away from Dunman Govt High School(former RJC). Jelita Cold Storage is also nearby. If you drive, its only about 5 to 10 minutes to Holland Village. Plus there is feeder service right at the doorstep of this development. Also 5 to 10 minutes away, there is jogging cum cycling track next to the canal which about 4.0 km both ways! One additional feature is once Himiko Court is torn down, the view from the rooms will not be blocked for next 1 to 2 years abeit a short advantage!

dafrankcode Guest

Default Montview

You are right but only 1 or 2 bedrooms will be affected. Depends on the design on former Himiko Court, stack 2 bedroom will likely to have unblcoked view for at least 2 years and possibly swimming pools view after that based on the configuration of the land at himiko court.

More importantly I think for most is that the living room to have unblocked view and no afternoon sun. like I say Its almost impossible to find apartment with unblocked views all around...

I guess for most its difficult to find any development that meet 100% of desired criteria's . For me Montview meets 90% of mine's.

Montview Lover Guest

Talking Differing Views

In short 'One man's food is another's poision'. To each his own!

In short 'One man's food is another's poision'. To each his own!
    We are all here to share the merits and demerits of a condo so that buyers can make a more informed decision. Maybe for some buyers once they step into a place, can immediately recognise all the +/- points but for sure I need a few visits. And if I have additional info prior to visiting a unit, I can verify it for myself on the spot or seek clarification from the Agents/ seller.

Indeed, there is no perfect place, but @ $1,200-$1,400 psf asking, I would rather go for other developments.

dafrankcode Guest

Default Montview

We are all here to share the merits and demerits of a condo so that buyers can make a more informed decision. Maybe for some buyers once they step into a place, can immediately recognise all the +/- points but for sure I need a few visits. And if I have additional info prior to visiting a unit, I can verify it for myself on the spot or seek clarification from the Agents/ seller.

Indeed, there is no perfect place, but @ $1,200-$1,400 psf asking, I would rather go for other developments.
    Good to see objective comments rather than mere unsubstantiated personal view with vested interest. I have seen more than 20 units in district 9,10 & 11 in various developments and was living in Newton and Balmoral . The congestion in downtown will likely worsen once all projects is completed.

Mount Sinai is an area for those who prefer privacy and being away from the hustle and bustle of District 10. I prefer smaller projects to large ones personally for more exclusivity and this is what Montview and Mount Sinai area has which not many other developments can offer especially at this price level.

Btw what are the other developments that you prefer to go with at 1300-1400 psf price range ?

yes there is Guest

As far as I know, Newton Suites, 3 bedrooms stack is smack in the central area with clear and unblocked views. Very rare to find these days.

Pretty much permanent, until govt turns landed property of Bukit Timah into high rise, which is highly unlikely.

See to believe.

Montview Lover Guest

Default Newton Suites

Quote Originally Posted by yes there is
    As far as I know, Newton Suites, 3 bedrooms stack is smack in the central area with clear and unblocked views. Very rare to find these days.

Pretty much permanent, until govt turns landed property of Bukit Timah into high rise, which is highly unlikely.

See to believe.
    What is the psf for Newton Suites currently?

dafrankcode Guest

Default montviewvs newton suites

Quote Originally Posted by yes there is

See to believe.
    Newton Suites is a eye catching building from the outside.

plus points is the nice view if the unit faces bukit timah but noisy with heavy traffic along newton road. noise travels upwards.

its rather small with the 3 bedrooms at 1238 sq feet and 2 roomers is 787 sq feet which includes large balconies abt 150-200 sq feet . thus more suitable for couples or singles.

near mrt and shopping centre but in the midst of many new developments and
    congestions. good for those who dun drive but not for those that prefer tranquility.

Montview Lover Guest

Default Newton Suites

Newton Suites is a eye catching building from the outside.

plus points is the nice view if the unit faces bukit timah but noisy with heavy traffic along newton road. noise travels upwards.

its rather small with the 3 bedrooms at 1238 sq feet and 2 roomers is 787 sq feet which includes large balconies abt 150-200 sq feet . thus more suitable for couples or singles.

near mrt and shopping centre but in the midst of many new developments and
    congestions. good for those who dun drive but not for those that prefer tranquility.
    Do the units come with baywindows and planters as well?

dafrankcode Guest

Default montview vs newton stuites

Do the units come with baywindows and planters as well?
    not that i remember,,,,no planters or bay windows or even proper place for hanging up clothes like montview adjustable hangers if my memory serve me right .

Montview's planters is one of the most unique that i have seen. not only it's located inside the balcony, its sunken and comes with tap and drainage pipes. this prevent the danger of standing next to the glass panel for those who are scared of heights like me and makes gardening a breeze. i have not come across any other balcony that have these features yet

Montview Lover Guest

Talking Former Himiko Court

I would like to see the design and the asking price of this Singland project when launch. If attractive, can consider getting a unit there too!

dafrankcode Guest

Default former himiko court

I would like to see the design and the asking price of this Singland project when launch. If attractive, can consider getting a unit there too!
    my guess is that they will launch it at between 1600-1800 psf based on their land purchase and current construction cost which is why montview is undervalued at 1300-1400. marbella is still fetching a premium over montview and is 3-4 years older...this does not add up.

it will be a 300 plus unit project and based on the land my guess is that the bedrooms facing east in montview may have the pool view of this project.

Good to see objective comments rather than mere unsubstantiated personal view with vested interest. I have seen more than 20 units in district 9,10 & 11 in various developments and was living in Newton and Balmoral . The congestion in downtown will likely worsen once all projects is completed.

Mount Sinai is an area for those who prefer privacy and being away from the hustle and bustle of District 10. I prefer smaller projects to large ones personally for more exclusivity and this is what Montview and Mount Sinai area has which not many other developments can offer especially at this price level.

Btw what are the other developments that you prefer to go with at 1300-1400 psf price range ?
    Like you, I have visited lots of show-flats and completed units. I actually like Gilstead/ Buckley area and of coz Residences @ Evelyn. Couple of months back, the units were looking @ $1,800psf but last week my agent said she has 1 looking at $1,550psf. Thus with a bit of time (I'm in no rush), I believe the px will drop further.

Another project which I like is Floridian. That one is tricky becoz its by a famous developer who always px at a premium. It was asking $1,650 psf when I visited it as a VVIP but till date not much were sold. I think if there is a down-turn, px will be revised downwards.....but of coz Montview would also be revised downwards but I prefer the peacefulness of Floridian (but its not within D10 I believe).

Well, Wharves Residences was launched @ $1,500 psf, which means the px are coming down. Its just a matter of time before the effect ripples to the rest of the area. As an investor, I believe the time of entry is very important and I don't believe now is the right time. But if its for own stay, buy within financial means so as long as one likes a place, then shld go for it regardless of the timing.

i did consider Montview and thought it was a nice project. I currently stay in D10 Holland area so I'm familiar with this area. Thus went to see a few units but decided that while its not a bad project, but in a couple of yrs time, I'm sure there will be significant noise and dust in that area so I decided I will look at other areas instead. Besides, the asking was also not that attractive to begin with.

Good luck to your search!

Went to see a unit there. One of the best layouts i have seen recently. Only downside is that it is quite far from the city... almost clementi liao.

dafrankcode Guest

Default Montview

[QUOTE=Newbie Homebuyer]Went to see a unit there. One of the best layouts i have seen recently. Only downside is that it is quite far from the city... almost clementi liao.[/QUOTE)

Aiyoyo ...for most foreigners and locals a 10-15 minutes drive to town is a dream .

[QUOTE=dafrankcode]
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie Homebuyer
    Went to see a unit there. One of the best layouts i have seen recently. Only downside is that it is quite far from the city... almost clementi liao.[/QUOTE)

Aiyoyo ...for most foreigners and locals a 10-15 minutes drive to town is a dream .
    Must be for drivers definitely... public transport almost non-existent. NOt sure how much rental it can fetch though... anyway, would be crazy to buy investment property now to rent out lah... the rents will only go down in the next few years... why lock at such high purchase prices now?

dun bullshit us lah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie Homebuyer
    Went to see a unit there. One of the best layouts i have seen recently. Only downside is that it is quite far from the city... almost clementi liao.

10-15 mins is when there is no traffic.

with rush hour traffic is about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by dun bullshit us lah
    10-15 mins is when there is no traffic.

with rush hour traffic is about an hour.
    No shit.. how to get to work in town... must wake up so early???

Fully Occupied? Guest

Anybody know whether this development is fully occupied now?

registered Guest

if you can live with the noise for 3 more years (piling and construction), then Montview is not bad. forgot to add if you don't mind just one carpark for each unit (where are your guests going to park their cars?