Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MontView (D10, Freehold, Ho Bee)

fabulous Guest

Default MontView (D10, Freehold, Ho Bee)

The Vantage Point of District 10

This freehold condominium is located in the prestigious District 10 and is within walking distance to Dover MRT Station. Nestled on a hillock amidst the lush tropical greenery of Mt Sinai, this single block of 24-storey apartment commands a panoramic view of the surroundings.

The building is designed with pure clean lines. Glass and muted palette are used to create a contemporary feel and are juxtaposed with the use of natural materials such as stones at the ground level. This 115-units development comprises two-, three-, four-bedroom apartments and penthouses. All the units are oriented north-south to enjoy the views of the Bukit Timah and Pandan Valley.

Address: 63 Mount Sinai Drive
    No. of Units: 115
    Estimated Physical Completion Date: 30 June 2008

FAB Guest

Default Re: MontView (D10, Freehold, Ho Bee)

The Electric New Paper :
    Wide open spaces

Don't let small rooms cramp your style. MontView offers that last vestige of apartments of the old days

EXCLUSIVE condominiums in prime locations tend to skimp on one precious commodity - space.

By Seto Nu-Wen

13 August 2005

EXCLUSIVE condominiums in prime locations tend to skimp on one precious commodity - space.

So it's quite a relief to find one development at Mount Sinai Drive bucking the trend.

With more than 1,700 sq ft of space for the four-bedroom units, you can really relax and stretch in your MontView apartment.

Even the two-bedroom-plus-one-study units are generous in space - averaging more than 1,200 sq ft.

That's more than the size of an average four-room HDB flat.

'We analysed the Holland area and found that residents there tend to look for larger units,' explained Mr Chong Hock Chang, managing director of marketing of developer Ho Bee Group.

'We are also targeting families and they prefer apartments with more space.'

Since the first 60 units of the development were launched about a month ago, the take-up rate has been more than 30 per cent.

Said Mr Chong: 'Most of the buyers are families and upgraders. The market has been picking up so this good response has been within our expectations.'

Of course, at the average of $720 psf, the price is weighty on the pocket.

But with only 115 units in the 24-storey freehold development, exclusivity is guaranteed.

The highlight of this development are the four-bedroom units which feature private lifts that'll take you right to your front door.

Another bonus is a cosy, little 'powder room' next to the lift where guests can freshen up in style if they want to arrive with their hair perfectly coiffed and noses consummately powdered.

JUNIOR MASTER

Apart from the master bedroom in the four-bedroom units, another bedroom - called the junior master - also comes with an attached toilet.

This is especially useful if you have guests or if your teenage daughter spends a lot of time washing her hair.

As for the kitchen, all units feature a sliding glass door which keeps smells and oil out of the living room while maintaining the spacious feel of the unit.

Balconies in the various units offer views of Bukit Timah Hill, the West Coast sea or Orchard Road area, depending on which direction the unit faces.

Location is big plus point as the development is near Holland Village and Orchard Road and top schools such as Henry Park Primary School, Hwa Chong Institution and the National University of Singapore.

For those who prefer public transport, it is a 15-minute walk to Dover MRT station.

The development is built in a north-south alignment so the units will not be hit by the afternoon sun.

MontView's facilities include a 31m lap pool, a clubhouse with a fitness centre, tennis courts and BBQ pits.

Said Mr Chang: 'There will be a lot of water features.

'The vehicular entrance will feature a cascading waterfall so you will be welcomed by a lovely view when you drive in.'

Construction on the development will start in three months on the former Yang Gardens Village site.

Ho Bee bought the site last year for $52 million. MontView is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2008.

FYI

MontView
    Type: Freehold
    Size: From 1,227 sq ft (two bedrooms plus one study) to 3,412 sq ft (penthouse)
    Price: Average $720 psf
    Selling points: Spacious, exclusive, good location

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

ryan Guest

Situated at the top of elevated land, fantastic view of the southwest (Clementi, Dover, West Coast).

At the price it sold at last year: $750-$850 psf, was quite a good deal.

Congrats to early buyers of Montview.

Unregistered Guest

Now sellers are asking $1200 psf!

Unregistered Guest

Is this still a good buy at S$1,200 psf? Pros and cons of the location. Location next to Ridgewood - enbloc potential? and Himoko Court - expected launching in 2008/2009?

beavis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Is this still a good buy at S$1,200 psf? Pros and cons of the location. Location next to Ridgewood - enbloc potential? and Himoko Court - expected launching in 2008/2009?
    Hmmm .

9 10 11 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by beavis
    Hmmm .
    what is hmmm... means no good?

Unregistered Guest

Frankly speaking, $1200 psf was previously unheard of in Mount Sinai area. This area is not the Botanika part of Holland Road. This area is the Ghim Moh/Clementi/Buona Vista part, AKA near HDB heartlander estate. But hey, everything is going up these days so I guess $1200 psf is fair price to pay. Just don't regret it when this place goes down under $700psf during the downturn. This area will go down faster than other D10 areas nearer the city, as this area is far away and the buyers here are traditionally not that rich and are more sensitive to price.

Unregistered Guest

Frankly speaking, $1200 psf was previously unheard of in Mount Sinai area. This area is not the Botanika part of Holland Road. This area is the Ghim Moh/Clementi/Buona Vista part, AKA near HDB heartlander estate. But hey, everything is going up these days so I guess $1200 psf is fair price to pay. Just don't regret it when this place goes down under $700psf during the downturn. This area will go down faster than other D10 areas nearer the city, as this area is far away and the buyers here are traditionally not that rich and are more sensitive to price.
    Agreed. This is cheaper than Marabella which is going at S$1,400 to S$1,500 psf currently and this development is already 3 years old! Also further down at Buona Vista MRT there is another development, 1 North - a 99 year leasehold now calling for > S$1000 psf and I understand another upcoming development, 1 Rochester - also a 99 year leasehold now under preview, is very hot with a few hundred potential aiming to a get a unit there !!! Looks like the whole place here is going up????????????

beavis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 9 10 11
    what is hmmm... means no good?

. Ok not trying to be bias here .I personally will not buy Montview because we still have to go into smaller road from the main road. Quite a long walk. It is next to quientera showhouse right??? at mount sinai??

At $1200 I think you still can get a condo around river valley area.
    If you are lucky, You can get lower floor Urbana about 1200-1300 I think.

Latest URA subsale for urbana on May is $1100-1380 psf.
    Last edited by beavis; 01-06-07 at 23:02.

D10 Investor Guest

Why think about prices in Mount Sinai going down in a property downturn?!when prices at Mount Sinai have yet to move up in this current property upturn?

What do you think the price of Montview will be during TOP during when neighbouring Himiko plot is launched 1 year later at 1500 psf, just look at Marbella 100 meters down the road already doing 1300 psf.

Last check I dont think you can get any Urbana unit below 1400 psf anymore,
    Urbana just TOPed, URA caveats on Urbana way outdated.

I am also curious where can I get a high rise brand new condo in River Valley now for 1200psf?? I will be the first to queue up.

Unregistered Guest

Novena area is also quite good for investment I think. Still in d9 yet more affordable.

Pavilion II and montebleu are good buy I think.
    It was sold at around 800-900psf for 3 bedroom pavilion II. now being subsale at 1050.

This April and May property prices jump significantly even D3 and D21 increased in price.

If you want to buy you better be hurry because each day of if you just look at the increasing price you will end up not buying.

Unregistered Guest

Pavilion should be d11 sorry for mistake.

Unregistered Guest

Talking Re: MontView (D10, Freehold, Ho Bee)

Current asking price S$1,300 psf. Is this still a good buy? More upside expected? What do you guys think? Thinking of getting a unit there before it runs away.

D10 Investor Guest

Montview is for sure one of the better buys in Holland area, one unit in nearby Marbella just sold for around 1500psf.

Unregistered Guest

Talking Re: MontView (D10, Freehold, Ho Bee)

Just bought 1 unit at Montview at S$1,200 psf. Paid about S$600,000 premium for not having bought at the launch last year! Wish me luck!

Unregistered Guest

is it 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom? high floor, mid floor or low floor? I also looking for a unit, but cannot get for 1200 psf, sellers all asking much higher.

Unregistered Guest

is it 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom? high floor, mid floor or low floor? I also looking for a unit, but cannot get for 1200 psf, sellers all asking much higher.
    3 bedder high floor above 15th. If what you say is true, then I should be considered lucky!

open your eyes Guest

Investing or to live?

If investing, for $1500 psf which is the price sellers are asking for Montview and Marbella, I would rather buy Novena and/or Holt, Nathan, Shanghai Road. At least those have very high potential to go up above $2500 psf, based on recent and coming events (en blocs, launches etc).

Mount Sinai is a nice place but I just cannot see $2500 psf for Mount Sinai area, sorry. It is too far from town and closer to Clementi/Jurong East than it is to Orchard/IR. I remember during the last 2 decades, places like Ridgewood, Himiko Court, etc all "boh lang ai" (not in demand). Location not very good lah.

If Mount Sinai $2500 psf average in the future, then Novena and Nathan Rd areas will be worth $4000 psf average. Which will not happen during this cycle lah.

Unregistered Guest

This one is easily worth $5000 psf. Super location, jewel of the town, great layout and design.

Unregistered Guest

If The Rochester is going for $1,200 to $1,300, this place which is freehold and is only one MRT station away should be worth more!

Unregistered Guest

too small with limited facilites and no mrt.

Unregistered Guest

montview is single block, district 10, full condo facilities, freehold, tennis, pool, gym, bbq pit. such an exclusive condo should command even higher prices than larger developments, unless you are interested to pay more so that you can stay with more neighbours.

Unregistered Guest

single block + "exclusive" = higher mthly charges

Unregistered Guest

too small with limited facilites and no mrt.
    Only 15 minutes walk to Dover MRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You walk pass Fontana across the canal!

Unregistered Guest

Montview is an undervalued gem.

It's design is nicer than Marbella, more exclusive, yet nearer to the main road.

It also has easy access to both AYE and West Coast Highway.

Regret not buying when the price was lower during its launch.

It's definitely a better buy than Rochester/One-North.

Unregistered Guest

I Agree!

However, Marbella is by reputable developer, but Montview is by Ho Bee - not sure of their quality.

Unregistered Guest

Wink Re: MontView (D10, Freehold, Ho Bee)

Ho Bee is the lead developer on Sentosa. They bought a lot land there for property development bought by foreigners. If they do not Montview well, imagine what happen to those projects on Sentosa!

Unregistered Guest

I am sure if Montview is launched now, it will be sold like hot cakes!!!!!!!