Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential of Telok Kurau Area? Your Views

737 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered00000
    Agree. The shoebox developments lack character ancd facilities. In terms of good schools, the east side only have the 2nd tier schools like TKGS, Dunman, victoria - not top choice for most. The prestigious top tier affiliated schools are still in west Bukit Timah (Nanyang Pri, MGS, SCGS, RGPS, Hwa Chong etc.)or bishan (RI). So I don't see how anyone would choose the east because of the schools - which are 2nd rate at best.
    huh... there're really families that move closer to telok kurau/marine parade/east coast stretch to be near those u termed "2nd tier good schools" .. besides other appealing traits.

ER - do learn to be gracious... you dont want to scare Jaded who's eagerly planning your welcome party in his/her PH *P ... this is an open forum for anyone who is interested to share and seek info..

Everyone buys for their own reasons.Just like marrying.

ER Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 737
    huh... there're really families that move closer to telok kurau/marine parade/east coast stretch to be near those u termed "2nd tier good schools" .. besides other appealing traits.

ER - do learn to be gracious... you dont want to scare Jaded who's eagerly planning your welcome party in his/her PH *P ... this is an open forum for anyone who is interested to share and seek info..
    Precisely, to share and seek info... not to condemn one area and recommend another area for own benefit.

To me, any area is fine so long as one personally placed value on the unit he bought in that location... different things mean differently to every individual anyway... which is why you have so many stalls in food court/hawker.

737 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ER
    Precisely, to share and seek info... not to condemn one area and recommend another area for own benefit.

To me, any area is fine so long as one personally placed value on the unit he bought in that location... different things mean differently to every individual anyway... which is why you have so many stalls in food court/hawker.
    hi ER, i didnt condemn the area and in fact, had highlighted what types of profile telok kurau is better suited for given its neigbourhood personality ... and personally for me, being a kampong person, i perfer my neighbourhood to be more lively... we'll all professional and adult enough.. nobody, even agents would or should condemn any area unless it's really rotten. but everyone can voice their personal likes and dislikes, merits and demerits of an area

and there's a truly need to distinguish between buy to stay or invest cos the appeals of each condo project are different and given the different future potential customer base, investment buyers need to rate and buy projects based on its potential rate of investment returns and location plays a critical role here.

more importantly, personally i feel that all smart potential buyers should always hear as much negative feedback anyone can dig out, and evaluate and investigate, based on their own criteria whether such highlighted stuff matters to them or not as everyone has different tastes & yardsticks...

buyers should also try to understand their agents, their tastes and ways of thinking to ascertain how objective and professional their agents' inputs are, how much they should rely on their agents' recommendations or whether their agents are simply pandering to buyers' voiced wants so as to determine what roles (driver, secretary, friendly adviser, trusted adviser, professional adviser) they want their agents to play in their choice of a property. afterall, buyers and agents should work as a team.

my case is, as previously mentioned, if to buy for stay, by all means go ahead. find a box of good size and decorate the interiors to your liking; if to invest, then rethink location.

ER Guest

hi ER, i didnt condemn the area and in fact, had highlighted what types of profile telok kurau is better suited for given its neigbourhood personality ... and personally for me, being a kampong person, i perfer my neighbourhood to be more lively... we'll all professional and adult enough.. nobody, even agents would or should condemn any area unless it's really rotten. but everyone can voice their personal likes and dislikes, merits and demerits of an area

and there's a truly need to distinguish between buy to stay or invest cos the appeals of each condo project are different and given the different future potential customer base, investment buyers need to rate and buy projects based on its potential rate of investment returns and location plays a critical role here.

more importantly, personally i feel that all smart potential buyers should always hear as much negative feedback anyone can dig out, and evaluate and investigate, based on their own criteria whether such highlighted stuff matters to them or not as everyone has different tastes & yardsticks...

buyers should also try to understand their agents, their tastes and ways of thinking to ascertain how objective and professional their agents' inputs are, how much they should rely on their agents' recommendations or whether their agents are simply pandering to buyers' voiced wants so as to determine what roles (driver, secretary, friendly adviser, trusted adviser, professional adviser) they want their agents to play in their choice of a property. afterall, buyers and agents should work as a team.

my case is, as previously mentioned, if to buy for stay, by all means go ahead. find a box of good size and decorate the interiors to your liking; if to invest, then rethink location.
    I hear different opinions from different agents, which is to be expected. But very kind and gracious of you to explain. I agree we are adults and should not resort to mud slinging.

But i still differs from your opinion. TK can also be good for investment for a different sectors of market.

Star Investor Guest

Hello fellow investors and home owners, I have been following the threads and find the comments very interesting.

It is human nature to demand and ask for the best things in life eg. freehold, big developments, near MRT, near town or even within town itself!!! But then, it comes to a key consideration factor, i.e. Price!!!

This is the reason why prime locations are charging 1300 to 3000 psf versus Telok Kurau 700 to 1000 psf.

For home stay, I guess there is nothing much to complain about TK as it is definitely nearer to town (just 5 to 10 mins drive via ECP or Nicoll Highway) as compared to other areas charging at similar price. There are good schools around, famous east coast beach, mrt stations, shopping complexes, library, eateries. It is exotic asian lifestyle to stay there where u can experience a good mix of conservation shophouses and modern infrastructures and even a small glimpse of the Geylang night life. ;-) And it is a class on its own to be populated with low rise private apartments and landed houses versus some neighbourhood areas where one gets immediate blockage or surrounded by public housing. When u tell someone u stay in Kovan / AMK / Toa Payoh / Balestier versus Telok Kurau, which is more prestigious?

Comparing it with the condos in prime districts is like comparing apples and oranges. Same dollar amount of investments, u live in a studio box in the prime district versus a 3 bedrm apt in Telok Kurau, the choice lies with the individual.

For investment, the rule of high risk = high returns always prevails. The upside and downside for properties located within the prime locations will be significantly more than Telok Kurau.

My 2 cents worth.

Thank you

ER Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Star Investor
    Hello fellow investors and home owners, I have been following the threads and find the comments very interesting.

It is human nature to demand and ask for the best things in life eg. freehold, big developments, near MRT, near town or even within town itself!!! But then, it comes to a key consideration factor, i.e. Price!!!

This is the reason why prime locations are charging 1300 to 3000 psf versus Telok Kurau 700 to 1000 psf.

For home stay, I guess there is nothing much to complain about TK as it is definitely nearer to town (just 5 to 10 mins drive via ECP or Nicoll Highway) as compared to other areas charging at similar price. There are good schools around, famous east coast beach, mrt stations, shopping complexes, library, eateries. It is exotic asian lifestyle to stay there where u can experience a good mix of conservation shophouses and modern infrastructures and even a small glimpse of the Geylang night life. ;-) And it is a class on its own to be populated with low rise private apartments and landed houses versus some neighbourhood areas where one gets immediate blockage or surrounded by public housing. When u tell someone u stay in Kovan / AMK / Toa Payoh / Balestier versus Telok Kurau, which is more prestigious?

Comparing it with the condos in prime districts is like comparing apples and oranges. Same dollar amount of investments, u live in a studio box in the prime district versus a 3 bedrm apt in Telok Kurau, the choice lies with the individual.

For investment, the rule of high risk = high returns always prevails. The upside and downside for properties located within the prime locations will be significantly more than Telok Kurau.

My 2 cents worth.

Thank you
    Agree with u.

Agree with u.

Balanced comments, agree with you too!

Sniper Guest

Thumbs up

My 2 cents worth.

Thank you
    Well said, Thumbs up for u!!!

737 Guest

Wink

Star Investor => exactly, nothing new esp for those familiar with the market.

but the question here is, let's neuralised as much factors as possible, with the same psf - maybe 800-1000psf, same budget, the differentiator probably a freehold vs a leasehold, which area(s) would bet on personally, esp for investment?

TK boy Guest

My 2 cents worth.

Thank you
    You are right. Worth 2 cents.

737 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TK boy
    You are right. Worth 2 cents.
    hahaha.. nice humour!

hahaha.. nice humour!

2c long ceased to mean anything... nowadays in Spore, $200,000 can barely buy you 3r HDB in some ulu place!

Properties in Singapore ...

Inflation???

Over-valued???

Or under-valued???

everything will only increase

Quote Originally Posted by buy
    everything will only increase
    I dun wanna lose this tread..
    keep informations coming in brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by jaded
    I dun wanna lose this tread..
    keep informations coming in brothers.

Well, we're still looking aroundbut so far, not many fits our bill. Keep looking...

We love Telok Kurau though! Still think it's one of the best places in the East!

can take bus 15 which take one to marine parade or parkway easily

ER Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TKT
    Well, we're still looking aroundbut so far, not many fits our bill. Keep looking...

We love Telok Kurau though! Still think it's one of the best places in the East!
    Strongly agree with you TKT.

Star Investor Guest

Star Investor => exactly, nothing new esp for those familiar with the market.

but the question here is, let's neuralised as much factors as possible, with the same psf - maybe 800-1000psf, same budget, the differentiator probably a freehold vs a leasehold, which area(s) would bet on personally, esp for investment?
    Hello bro, needless to say, TK is a good area. The only weakness I can think of is the lack of a cinema threatre. Otherwise, u can find almost everything within Marine Parade area.

Hello bro, needless to say, TK is a good area. The only weakness I can think of is the lack of a cinema threatre. Otherwise, u can find almost everything within Marine Parade area.

Think the nearest cinema around TK area could be the one next to Marine Parade, though i've never been there before, just remember ever passed by, wonder if it still operational, haha... Hopefully Paya Lebar or somewhere near Kembangan area or even Siglap will have a nice big 15 screen cinema in the next 5-10yrs development plan! haha...

Meanwhile, we have a 42in HDTV home theatre system, it's good enough.

Default Naturalis

Hi Buyers,
    Naturalis FH appt launching now... 43 exclusive units located at Telok Kurau Lor M... Along Still Rd.... Mins to Parkway, Tao Nan, eateries, library, etc....

Call Me 92718723 for viewing appt... Thanks....

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by v2offer
    Hi Buyers,
    Naturalis FH appt launching now... 43 exclusive units located at Telok Kurau Lor M... Along Still Rd.... Mins to Parkway, Tao Nan, eateries, library, etc....

Call Me 92718723 for viewing appt... Thanks....
    any details?

ER Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    any details?
    saw this over the weekend. Opposite Maya.. unit is small as compared to Amery but the prices is lower compared to Amery too....

Small Project but the design is pretty good... BUT for the same price, i think i prefer Beacon Heights, at St Michael, to Naturalis (both are freehold). Beacon is nearer to the city

Unregistered2 Guest

saw this over the weekend. Opposite Maya.. unit is small as compared to Amery but the prices is lower compared to Amery too....

Small Project but the design is pretty good... BUT for the same price, i think i prefer Beacon Heights, at St Michael, to Naturalis (both are freehold). Beacon is nearer to the city
    Beacon Heights is not freehold, 999-leasehold.

Hmm Guest

St Michael - that location is quite boring imho, and it may take you just 15 mins getting stucked by the heavy traffic to get in or out to the main road...hehe

Maya is totally nonsense.
    Hope Naturalis is much better, if not waste time to go showflats.

Sama sama Guest

The Telok Kurau apartments all the same template - small developers with small pockets will not spend money on architecture or good quality finishing and the first to offer agents the highest commission. They would rather spend on commission to sell the flats as quickly as possible. Don't waste your time with the showflat. It's a wannabe place who cannot afford better furnishings.
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Sama sama
    The Telok Kurau apartments all the same template - small developers with small pockets will not spend money on architecture or good quality finishing and the first to offer agents the highest commission. They would rather spend on commission to sell the flats as quickly as possible. Don't waste your time with the showflat. It's a wannabe place who cannot afford better furnishings.
    I agree with you on the furnishing and the landscaping, but i like it for its location, and its exclusiveness.
    I hate the roads though.
    Impt point for me are that TK condos are all FH.
    TK has its good and bad points.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe
    Call me @ 92718723 for viewing appt at Naturalis.... Thanks.....

Beacon Heights 1st phrase 80% sold... Just sold a penthouse there... If you wish to view the showflt, give me a call @ 92718723 on Sat... I got duty there.... Thanks...