Thread: Welcome back Andy Ong

Default Welcome back Andy Ong

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Back from my hiatus,I have tonnes to share!

Its has been 8 long months! I have decided not to write any more entries but I strongly feel I need to forewarn you again. In the second half of 2013, I turned decidedly bearish and for good reasons. I looked carefully at the demand and supply situation and further considered many many other factors. They include the very ample liquidity, world economy, and a host of other considerations.

My conclusion? A very decided sell on the residential front. For those who heeded my advice, very good for you. I predicted a 20% drop by the end of the year. And so far the market is on the way there, in fact, the premium segment has already breached the 20 percent mark. I am not being sarcastic here but the worse is yet to come. I am starting to see more and more mortgagee sales coming off the auction blocks and this is just the start.
    Interest rates have not moved up that significantly yet!

I still do not see a crash coming especially when next year will most probably be an election year. The government of course has the option of removing the cooling measures and stabilise the market. However, with the global economy a little shaky and the very ample liquidity gushing in a little less aggressively then before, I prefer to play it safe for the time being. I have sold off my whole residential portfolio save my residence, well you decide what you want to do.

I have been very busy on the business front. The hotel, education and real estate businesses are all doing very well. I applaud my team for their dedication and I am extremely blessed to have such a talented team on our side. Till the next entry, God Bless and take care.

Yours humbly,

Andy

http://www.andy-ong.com/2014/08/back...tonnes-to.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Ong

No mention of his legal trouble?

It is better for him to say than for us to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Thursday, August 21, 2014

Back from my hiatus,I have tonnes to share!

Its has been 8 long months! I have decided not to write any more entries but I strongly feel I need to forewarn you again. In the second half of 2013, I turned decidedly bearish and for good reasons. I looked carefully at the demand and supply situation and further considered many many other factors. They include the very ample liquidity, world economy, and a host of other considerations.

My conclusion? A very decided sell on the residential front. For those who heeded my advice, very good for you. I predicted a 20% drop by the end of the year. And so far the market is on the way there, in fact, the premium segment has already breached the 20 percent mark. I am not being sarcastic here but the worse is yet to come. I am starting to see more and more mortgagee sales coming off the auction blocks and this is just the start.
    Interest rates have not moved up that significantly yet!

I still do not see a crash coming especially when next year will most probably be an election year. The government of course has the option of removing the cooling measures and stabilise the market. However, with the global economy a little shaky and the very ample liquidity gushing in a little less aggressively then before, I prefer to play it safe for the time being. I have sold off my whole residential portfolio save my residence, well you decide what you want to do.

I have been very busy on the business front. The hotel, education and real estate businesses are all doing very well. I applaud my team for their dedication and I am extremely blessed to have such a talented team on our side. Till the next entry, God Bless and take care.

Yours humbly,

Andy

http://www.andy-ong.com/2014/08/back...tonnes-to.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Ong
    Smart guy.

Arcachon, was all his previous prediction zhun or not? He mentioned he sold off all his properties except the one he is staying...

You think this is the right move now?

Quote Originally Posted by Werther View Post
    Smart guy.

Arcachon, was all his previous prediction zhun or not? He mentioned he sold off all his properties except the one he is staying...

You think this is the right move now?
    Can Money appreciate over time, how many currency is still around after 100 years, hope this answer your question.

In the US, you can buy a property that cost less than the Material to build it can you do the same in Singapore, if not why.
    Last edited by Arcachon; 22-08-14 at 13:56.