Thread: Condos at West Coast worth 2.4mil for penthouse of abt ~2000sqft?

Default Condos at West Coast worth 2.4mil for penthouse of abt ~2000sqft?

Hi
    I would like to get opinions from gurus here. Do you think the penthouses/condos, at West Coast area (eg Parc Condo, Carabelle, Botannia) with size about 1800-2000 ish sqft and asking price tag of >1300psf worth it? it works out to be in the range of 2.4 mil asking price. Or is it more value for money to buy in Bukit Timah (eg Maplewoods, The Nexus, Sterling, even Tessarina) but slightly smaller unit? This is for own stay. Thank you in advance for all views.

For own stay..... Go for the bigger size. You should be the king of your castle (not the shack).

Quote Originally Posted by metta View Post
    Hi
    I would like to get opinions from gurus here. Do you think the penthouses/condos, at West Coast area (eg Parc Condo, Carabelle, Botannia) with size about 1800-2000 ish sqft and asking price tag of >1300psf worth it? it works out to be in the range of 2.4 mil asking price. Or is it more value for money to buy in Bukit Timah (eg Maplewoods, The Nexus, Sterling, even Tessarina) but slightly smaller unit? This is for own stay. Thank you in advance for all views.
    1300psf? That should be 100 trees?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    1300psf? That should be 100 trees?
    HI Ringo,
    It is not HUndred Trees. If you look at propertyguru, almost all big units in the 3 projects i mentioned, especially Botannia and Carabelle are asking for more than 1300psf. I'm quite perplexed with such asking price because, the smaller units are only asking for 1200psf range. So, i'm not too sure if it is really worth it. Thanks.

HI Ringo,
    It is not HUndred Trees. If you look at propertyguru, almost all big units in the 3 projects i mentioned, especially Botannia and Carabelle are asking for more than 1300psf. I'm quite perplexed with such asking price because, the smaller units are only asking for 1200psf range. So, i'm not too sure if it is really worth it. Thanks.
    In the absence of more information, I would think not. Penthouses tend to transact at lower psf than other units within the same development because there's less livable space. So if you paid more than 1,300 psf for a penthouse in a development where other units are selling for 1,200 psf, you will effectively be paying more for less. The only reasons I can imagine that a penthouse will transact at a higher price than the other units within the same development is if the penthouse has a fantastic view and / or a lovely terrace / outdoor jacuzzi, etc. And if I am not wrong, most of the West Coast developments are low-rise, so unless there is some other standout feature, I would probably pass.

Quote Originally Posted by propertyguru View Post
    In the absence of more information, I would think not. Penthouses tend to transact at lower psf than other units within the same development because there's less livable space. So if you paid more than 1,300 psf for a penthouse in a development where other units are selling for 1,200 psf, you will effectively be paying more for less. The only reasons I can imagine that a penthouse will transact at a higher price than the other units within the same development is if the penthouse has a fantastic view and / or a lovely terrace / outdoor jacuzzi, etc. And if I am not wrong, most of the West Coast developments are low-rise, so unless there is some other standout feature, I would probably pass.
    Sound advice by propertyguru. I agree with the reasoning.

HI Ringo,
    Only way to know is to go view them.

In the future size is the only major determining factor in sg property, because location advantage is being diluted by transport networks and progress of infrastructures.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie View Post
    In the future size is the only major determining factor in sg property, because location advantage is being diluted by transport networks and progress of infrastructures.
    Quite true, quite many projects are seeing bigger units transacted at higher psf, but be careful and give a discount to those less-useful areas like terrace, balcony, planter, etc.

Agree.............

Thank you for the comment. It is quite a different perspective that I never thought of, very interesting.

Thank you all for your comments. I was looking through the transaction prices and it seems such pricing (1300-1400 psf) for large units started somewhere in 2013. Before that it was still quite reasonable, about 2mil ish for condos at West Coast where the nearest MRT is at least 1 km away and not many bus services plying the roads there. I'm not sure if such pricing is here to stay or there will be like a 10% drop like the CCR projects?

Thank you all for your comments. I was looking through the transaction prices and it seems such pricing (1300-1400 psf) for large units started somewhere in 2013. Before that it was still quite reasonable, about 2mil ish for condos at West Coast where the nearest MRT is at least 1 km away and not many bus services plying the roads there. I'm not sure if such pricing is here to stay or there will be like a 10% drop like the CCR projects?
    Look at this map and you will find the answer

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...805#post487805
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

For own stay, I think one factor that weights the decision is which place is more convenient to you, west coast or Bukit Timah.

The second factor is then which place gets more potential and whether if the place has been overpriced, taking all potential into account.

Quote Originally Posted by economist View Post
    Quite true, quite many projects are seeing bigger units transacted at higher psf, but be careful and give a discount to those less-useful areas like terrace, balcony, planter, etc.
    What's a reasonable discount to account for PES, terrace, balcony, etc.

Hi
    Aiyo not need to bother whether is >1300psf or 1500psf.. As long as the property is "within those circles" just grab and you won't regret!! Haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Look at this map and you will find the answer
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...805#post487805

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk View Post
    Aiyo not need to bother whether is >1300psf or 1500psf.. As long as the property is "within those circles" just grab and you won't regret!! Haha
    It's all about the circles.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    The closer you get to the epic center, the better the potential.
    If its 999 or FH, that will be even better **hint-hint**

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Is just an illustration effect of a nuclear bomb.. you'll be the hardest hit if you are the closer to the epic center..
    And if you're at the epic center confirm no chance of survive lah!!