View Poll Results: Is It a Good Time to Buy Residential Property in Singapore Now?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Time to Buy

16 55.17%
  • Bad Time to Buy

12 41.38%
  • Not Sure

1 3.45%

Thread: Buying Attitude Index - Q4 2014

Default Buying Attitude Index - Q4 2014

Why this index?
    In Singapore, there is no official index to show Buyers' Attitude for residential properties. This forum is the best place to fill in that gap.

How does it work?
    Everyone is entitled for one vote, the index is calculated by:
    the percentage of bulls - percentage of bears
    (Please vote even if you are neutral because it will change the overall percentage scores).

Historical Numbers:

Quarter, Votes, Index
    Q4 2012, 65, 12
    Q1 2013, 35, 6
    Q2 2013, 56, 0
    Q3, 2013, 59, -34
    Q4, 2013, 53, -45
    Q1, 2014, 45, -33
    Q2, 2014, 43, -44
    Q3, 2014, 48, -19
    (The max of the index is 100, the minimum of the index is -100)

The high-end Sentosa property prices have dropped like we are already in a financial crisis, is it a good time to start bargain hunt or shall we wait for the "mass market" crisis to come and shop? Your votes will give us a clue.

Thank you for voting - regardless of which camp you are in.
    Richard

Default FEDERAL RESERVE 100 years of - Money for Nothing

If a piece of paper back by nothing, can buy property, will you sell your property.

What better way to trade nothing for physical asset. Are there people smart enough to sell you their physical asset for nothing.

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/industri...finance-674278

Former Fed Boss Ben Bernanke Denied Mortgage Refinance

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    If a piece of paper back by nothing, can buy property, will you sell your property.

What better way to trade nothing for physical asset. Are there people smart enough to sell you their physical asset for nothing.

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/industri...finance-674278

Former Fed Boss Ben Bernanke Denied Mortgage Refinance

If only it was truly trading nothing with physical assets...

First, you give up a huge proportion of or all of your current savings. Next you sign a loan guaranteeing the bank you will bring in that few thousands a month.

If there are no tenants, you continue to pay your new earnings and savings on it. All these might be to the Govt and bankers nothing. But they might possibly represent many years for slavery as well as working for "nothing" for the individual?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Many RICH are exchanging their paper $$$ with physical assets to ensure that they don't get eroded and inflated into pennies by all those money printing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the same as why people willingly pay more $$$ to buy Freehold properties instead of paying less $$$ to buy cheaper 99-years Leasehold properties because "Freehold" means you keep your $$$ safe from erosion!!!!!!!!!

People with lots of spare money (other than than liquidity required for everyday living and paying mortgage instalments) can change into physical assets and keep it there for long long time as long as it is safer to do so, and as long as paper money printing continue every time there is a financial crisis or recession.................

People with no spare money? Ops, they will say if exchange into physical assets then no money to pay instalments, not enough money to survive for even 6 months! Well, then it just means this strategy of "preventing assets erosion" is not for them! And too bad, there isn't any other way to prevent their money from being eroded into "pennies" worth!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post

First, you give up a huge proportion of or all of your current savings. Next you sign a loan guaranteeing the bank you will bring in that few thousands a month.

If there are no tenants, you continue to pay your new earnings and savings on it. All these might be to the Govt and bankers nothing. But they might possibly represent many years for slavery as well as working for "nothing" for the individual?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post

Low risk Low return, No Risk No return put your money in the Bank confirm negative return.

1. In 2006 I borrow SGD 428,000 from the Bank, The system start to print money called QE and instead of paying SGD 428,000 the Bank email to me and ask me if I am interested to have some cash....

2. Government tell you they are going to bring in FT because of so and so, Yellen tell you she will keep the rate low, Singaporean not going for 2.1 overnight, Singapore going to grow the land very slow and expensive, what better things to buy then property.

3. If you have children, what better things other than education than property.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Actually, now spending too much money on education may not be worth it liao especially overseas education because:

1) Last time (in 199x), you just need to spend $60k to get your child an overseas University degree (and good university some more!), and your child can recoup the cost within 2 years (say earning $2.4k per month, which is the salary of an average graduate at that time).

2) Now, you need to spend >$320k to get your child an overseas University degree, and your child need to take 8.33 years just to recoup the costs (say earning $3.2k per month, which is the salary of an average graduate now)! Mind you, that is just recoup costs, no money for living!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Imagine your child is 25 years old when graduate, and spend half of what he/she earned, she need to take 16.66 years before he/she can repay back the "study loan" to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Low risk Low return, No Risk No return put your money in the Bank confirm negative return.

1. In 2006 I borrow SGD 428,000 from the Bank, The system start to print money called QE and instead of paying SGD 428,000 the Bank email to me and ask me if I am interested to have some cash....

2. Government tell you they are going to bring in FT because of so and so, Yellen tell you she will keep the rate low, Singaporean not going for 2.1 overnight, Singapore going to grow the land very slow and expensive, what better things to buy then property.

Look at your EOI of your cash put upfront for your SB. That is how rich becomes richer. No more such lobang with TDSR.

Number of Votes: 9
    Index: 33 - 56 = - 23

Apparently we need more votes - regardless which camp you are.
    Thanks,

The low participation is one indicator itself that property investment is falling out of favour now ... at least currently.

Try removing TDSR and you know the answer.

Try removing TDSR and you know the answer.
    TDSR is a permanent feature of credit management in SG.

Any answer you seek has to take it into consideration.

Maybe consider the effect of ABSD or SSD removal instead?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

I must confess I voted in direct opposite to my recent action. depends on one's calculated reading of the future, new vs resales, location, liquidity, absd and strategic planning.

Number of votes: 20
    Index: 50 - 45 = 5

Is the sentiment start to turn positive ... or this index has a nature upwards bias?

Thanks for voting.

Got money do you put in the Bank or will you buy property.

Got money do you put in the Bank or will you buy property.
    put in the bank, no commitment no loan no worry, free my mind.

Prices are beginning to look interesting now. I wasn't considering getting another one until recently. The rental yield is looking more acceptable with the decline in prices.

The main thing holding me back now ABSD.

So i'm looking for good FH properties with price declines that can more then cover the ABSD.

Interest rates are still low.... make hay while the sun shines....

No worry for now but will worry later when money not enough later as it cannot beats inflation.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMCK View Post
    put in the bank, no commitment no loan no worry, free my mind.

Number of votes: 23
    Index: 57 - 39 = 18

For the first time in a long time, it is turning positive now.

Some Developers are offering 15% discount. This should be good enough to offset ABSD.

Number of votes: 25
    Index: 56 - 40 = 16

Quote Originally Posted by richwang View Post
    Number of votes: 25
    Index: 56 - 40 = 16
    Just wondering if the sample size big enough to reflect the real sediments?

I do think it's a good time to buy since there are many units to choose from.

There will be more units in 2015 with many units without SSD