Thread: Garment Steamer

Default Garment Steamer

Does anybody use the garment steamer before? Any recommendations? I saw some garment steamers, during ironing, the water will "spill" on the clothes while some does not (maybe a bit damp). Is it normal for the clothes to get wet while ironing.

It's a die die must have household tool for me at home. I am in my 3rd one in the last 10 years. Anyway, ur clothes will not be wet wet. U will see like ur clothes got damp but that dampness is gone in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    It's a die die must have household tool for me at home. I am in my 3rd one in the last 10 years. Anyway, ur clothes will not be wet wet. U will see like ur clothes got damp but that dampness is gone in seconds.
    Thanks, Arcachon and Jem. Someone told me that the water spill out while she was steaming her clothes. BTW, Jem what brand did you use?

Now using Akira. Get a cheap one will do. The philips, rowenta and princess costs 4x the price and doesn't necessary last longer. function wise u wun see a difference either.

Now using Akira. Get a cheap one will do. The philips, rowenta and princess costs 4x the price and doesn't necessary last longer. function wise u wun see a difference either.
    Thank you. More important is it serves the purpose of ironing, don't wet the clothing like what others say, damp damp is ok.

How about the handheld garment steamer, is it ok?

Haven't tried a purely handheld one. Not sure if it functions as well.

Haven't tried a purely handheld one. Not sure if it functions as well.
    Thanks. If I'm not wrong I think there is only 1 model for the Akira garment steamer. Does your Akira garment steamer spill water while ironing. Once I bought a chiffon shirt from a shop in a shopping centre and she was kind enough to help me iron but need to collect 1 hour later because she said it would be wet and true enough when I saw her iron, the water just wet my shirt (Not sure what brand she was using). At that time, I thought all garment steamers were like that until I saw a demonstration in one of the JB shopping centre, shirt was not wet and yet straight but it was expensive, cost about M$700 (approx S$280) with a free gift of handheld vacuum cleaner. He said S'pore sell about $300+ but I couldn't find it in S'pore leh. Anyway if Akira garment steamer can do the job without wetting my shirt, then most likely I will go for it.

Err no. It doesn't wet it. It take secs to dry after steaming. It's like 2 to 3 secs. So by the time I hang up the steamer handle my garment is dry. By the way I use it only mostly on silk, chiffon, satin and cotton tee-shirts or jerseys material. For shirts and uniforms I still use a normal iron to get a proper job done. U can also try euroace which should be cheap too.

Err no. It doesn't wet it. It take secs to dry after steaming. It's like 2 to 3 secs. So by the time I hang up the steamer handle my garment is dry. By the way I use it only mostly on silk, chiffon, satin and cotton tee-shirts or jerseys material. For shirts and uniforms I still use a normal iron to get a proper job done. U can also try euroace which should be cheap too.
    Thank you for sharing with me your experience. Cheers.