Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: My plan to retire in Malaysia soon -part 2

Junior

User Info Menu

Default My plan to retire in Malaysia soon -part 2

Hi guys, missed my old thread and thought since someone rated it 5 stars and it survived so long, there might be people interested in my plan still. Anyway, part 1 was deleted by Admin to erase evidence of harrassment by Thermofisher who has been banned and has an IP address in US as Admin afraid I make police report and police shut down this forum...

Anyway, for new viewers, my plan is to retire in Malaysia in my JB house using my Sg terrace and MM unit either for sale or by renting them out...

I am in the healthcare industry and currently quite freaked out by the spreading Ebola virus though it has not reached Sg as yet. Thinking of selling my properties in Sg and retiring now as can get about $4500 a mth if I put the money into Malaysian fixed deposit of 4% for 4 years and 4.2% for 5th year with a Malaysian bank now....

Junior

User Info Menu

S$4500 converted to Rm$11500 a month that is. Should be enough for us but only thing is kids education as I have 2 young kids....hmm, maybe they can study in international school and come back when RTS is up to study in the local universities...

User Info Menu

If you Sell you can have passive income $4500. How much your passive income if you rent out SG properties. Just one to know more about the options that you have.

Junior

User Info Menu

Maybe with current market, only $2500 per mth, provided I pay off my MM mortgage and stretch my terrace loan...

User Info Menu

S2500 is around RM6250. I am not sure for your life style whether it is enough to leave in JB. It is not easy choice I guest.

Junior

User Info Menu

Main push factor is Ebola now, when it gets under control and no other scary germs, I guess I can get back to work....an alternative is to look for admin work in MOH....

Junior

User Info Menu

Planning to stay in my JB semid for 4 days in December....invited my mum and brother to join us since so many bedrooms....will get a better feel of living in JB from there....

Looking forward to explore all the value for money massages and good food in JB with my family and also using the pay per use pool and gym in my estate....

Hmm, very tempted to retire now and enjoy life but hubby says toonshort term thinking as interest rates may fall on fixed deposit and currency depreciate....dun think he understands how I feel fully as he is not in the healthcare line and frontline.

Junior

User Info Menu

Scary as Ebola has 50% death rate in States but 90% in Africa apparently. Afraid of seeing black patients from Africa as they can lie like Duncan who died in US did....the virus invades and destroys the liver which produces clotting factors that is why there is bleeding in stools and orifices. Though not airborne, it can spread in respiratory droplets and survive for days on surfaces so personal hygiene and frequent hand washing is important...had a dream last night that I was exposed and came down with a fever, waking me up from my sleep....

Ultimate Underdog

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    Scary as Ebola has 50% death rate in States but 90% in Africa apparently. Afraid of seeing black patients from Africa as they can lie like Duncan who died in US did....the virus invades and destroys the liver which produces clotting factors that is why there is bleeding in stools and orifices. Though not airborne, it can spread in respiratory droplets and survive for days on surfaces so personal hygiene and frequent hand washing is important...had a dream last night that I was exposed and came down with a fever, waking me up from my sleep....
    The high mortality is what allows control over it ironically.

Low or zero mortality viruses are much scarier.

What is worrying is an increase in the incubation length, decrease in mortality and/or increase in morbidity rate.

The threat of new viruses is always there.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    The high mortality is what allows control over it ironically.

Low or zero mortality viruses are much scarier.

What is worrying is an increase in the incubation length, decrease in mortality and/or increase in morbidity rate.

The threat of new viruses is always there.
    That is easy for u to say but if you r handling it, would u like it to have high mortality and u die from it? And worse spread it to yr family members and they die from it?

Singaporeans r really one kind which makes me not want to risk my life for them....during SARS, you would praise healthcare workers and call us yr heroes when u need us but during good times, u can make such cavaliar statements....

Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast