Thread: Yahoo news on JB

User Info Menu

Default Yahoo news on JB

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/singaporea...inkId=10502526

Going to Johor Bahru (JB) this weekend to stock up on groceries and eat some good seafood? Be careful you don't get tricked into a car accident, chased down an expressway and potentially robbed, like Coconuts Singapore reader 'Mr. R'.

Read about his harrowing experience on Sept. 9:

"Dear editor,

I'd like to share the experience I had with my family when we were last in JB for a shopping trip.

My stepfather, mother, wife and myself, arrived at Aeon Bukit Indah at about 3pm. I parked my red Hyundai Getz at their open-air carpark and went into the mall. At about 8:30pm, we returned to the car.

I reversed slowly after checking that the road was clear through the rear view mirrors and signalling my intentions. Suddenly, a black Mercedes with the registration number BKA1666 rushed into the back of my car, hitting it. The vehicle then moved to the front of my car and stopped. Everyone in my family alighted to inspect the damage. My car had only suffered slight scratches on the bumper and there were no dents visible. But to my astonishment, the damage on the old black Mercedes was bad it had multiple deep dents and even scratches from his bumper past the solid metal body right to the back of the car. I immediately became suspicious his damage did not tally with mine at all......(can read it all from the link at yahoo news)

---------------------------------------------

Bottomline is brothers and sisters becareful in JB. You may say it never happen but remember it only need to happen ONCE and it's the end.

Ultimate Underdog

User Info Menu

How can it be the end?

If just kenna once, maybe lose 100K. But the shopping savings and housing savings already easily half a million.

Personally I don't. But I have many friends who go very regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed73 View Post
    https://sg.news.yahoo.com/singaporea...inkId=10502526

Going to Johor Bahru (JB) this weekend to stock up on groceries and eat some good seafood? Be careful you don't get tricked into a car accident, chased down an expressway and potentially robbed, like Coconuts Singapore reader 'Mr. R'.

Read about his harrowing experience on Sept. 9:

"Dear editor,

I'd like to share the experience I had with my family when we were last in JB for a shopping trip.

My stepfather, mother, wife and myself, arrived at Aeon Bukit Indah at about 3pm. I parked my red Hyundai Getz at their open-air carpark and went into the mall. At about 8:30pm, we returned to the car.

I reversed slowly after checking that the road was clear through the rear view mirrors and signalling my intentions. Suddenly, a black Mercedes with the registration number BKA1666 rushed into the back of my car, hitting it. The vehicle then moved to the front of my car and stopped. Everyone in my family alighted to inspect the damage. My car had only suffered slight scratches on the bumper and there were no dents visible. But to my astonishment, the damage on the old black Mercedes was bad it had multiple deep dents and even scratches from his bumper past the solid metal body right to the back of the car. I immediately became suspicious his damage did not tally with mine at all......(can read it all from the link at yahoo news)

---------------------------------------------

Bottomline is brothers and sisters becareful in JB. You may say it never happen but remember it only need to happen ONCE and it's the end.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    How can it be the end?

If just kenna once, maybe lose 100K. But the shopping savings and housing savings already easily half a million.

Personally I don't. But I have many friends who go very regularly.
    Well, they can "poke" u if they are unhappy with u.

A lot of scenario could occur, being aware and alert is utmost important.

The purpose of my posting is to create awareness, I have no say if a person should go or not. (nor I really care)

Ultimate Underdog

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed73 View Post
    Well, they can "poke" u if they are unhappy with u.

A lot of scenario could occur, being aware and alert is utmost important.

The purpose of my posting is to create awareness, I have no say if a person should go or not. (nor I really care)
    Yah actually give me half a million to subject to one such ordeal for the family, I would probably still reject. But there might come a time when it becomes feasible.

Thanks for raising the awareness. I guess the option is only for certain types of people, and they would be well advised to be fully aware of the risks.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Yah actually give me half a million to subject to one such ordeal for the family, I would probably still reject. But there might come a time when it becomes feasible.

Thanks for raising the awareness. I guess the option is only for certain types of people, and they would be well advised to be fully aware of the risks.
    To be honest, the article is a bit of a head scratcher. Most pple would know that collision with a foreign registered vehicle is tricky business, and v v diff to claim damages. Most deliberate collisions in MY occurred because of an intention to rob, not to claim damages against SG cars.