Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pay more fee to go malaysia.

Junior

User Info Menu

Default Pay more fee to go malaysia.

Slowly malaysia will screw singaporeans who bought property in JB.

[url]http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobile/singapore/malaysia-to-charge-s-7-60/1541870.html[/url]

Ultimate Underdog

User Info Menu

Both govts have the same intention but it's to equalize the costs of living more. There are many who switch to live in Malaysia and still earn SG dollar. Overall costs are still way lower in Malaysia after hike. The small amount is still easily recouped by fuel and other necessities buying in bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post

[url]http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobile/singapore/malaysia-to-charge-s-7-60/1541870.html[/url]
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Junior

User Info Menu

Just the house and car in Malaysia will save the Singaporean who lives in JB and work in Sg hundreds of thousands if not millions in Sing dollars...

User Info Menu

in summary, $7.50 VEP is sup sup water
    no impact after the 1st week of knee jerk reaction
    the toll hikes had tested and proven the case
    sporean willingness to pay is extremely high
    msia govt price VEP at RM20 after a careful calculated move ... sure win

Junior

User Info Menu

More will probably switch to taking public transport into Sg like buses and trains or carpool with others which is a good thing....can you imagine 7 million or 10 million in Sg with everyone wanting to or able to afford driving?

Junior

User Info Menu

The Malaysian government also does not want every Tom, Dick or Harry from Sg to buy a house in Iskandar and work in Sg...ha ha...hence their rules on 1 mil to buy a property and increased tolls....also remember MM2H where if you want to stay in Malaysia longterm, you need to put a certain amt in their bank and earn at least rm10000 or S$4000 from your own country if below 50 I think. If above a certain age, to have an income of rm10000 from your pension or our CPF ... I think but have yet to verify if rental income counts...

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post

I think most Sgpn who buy Malaysia property already feel screwed by their own govt, hence they buy overseas....I think if we could, we would have migrated....for me it is because my hubby refuses to migrate as all his family is here...unlike me, I have relatives all over the world...

Ultimate Underdog

User Info Menu

Highest ERP rate in SG gantry is $6 or $7?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    More will probably switch to taking public transport into Sg like buses and trains or carpool with others which is a good thing....can you imagine 7 million or 10 million in Sg with everyone wanting to or able to afford driving?
    I don't mind pay $20 for round trip if totally no jam , as Malaysia shopping is good! as for properties, It really doesn't make sense to buy in Jb, travelling everyday.

User Info Menu

the problem is 90% dont mind to pay $20 if no jam.
    end result, pay $20 still jam for hours
    $20 will not deter anyone from going to jb

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    I don't mind pay $20 for round trip if totally no jam , as Malaysia shopping is good! as for properties, It really doesn't make sense to buy in Jb, travelling everyday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast