Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: SOR rate holder- Its high time to manage your loan!

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop View Post
    Any contacts for MB to call or email for this fixed rate package?
    You can just call Maybank hotline number and someone will call you back very soon which is what I did...very efficient...the guy emailed me the rates soon after I called and stays back late frequently so I could meet him at 8pm tonight..

Junior

User Info Menu

There r a few packages, some with legal subsidy with sl higher rates, mine has no legal subsidy but he worked out still better so I went with that..

User Info Menu

All these refinancing won't work one lah! I mean come'on let's be realistic. How much do you save for another 3yr of fixed rate? Usually when ppl take loan it's more than 20yrs so what's 3yrs? If you can see the direction we're moving towards, it's going to be grim for the next several years. I'm fully prepared for the increased interest rates and like those guys on MCF say, if you can't afford the fuel don't buy a car (referring to those who go to JB for a pump)!

That said, alot of Singaporeans are living on the edge today.

Global recession is coming....

User Info Menu

Think people can hedge against rising interest rate?

Quote Originally Posted by pmet View Post
    All these refinancing won't work one lah! I mean come'on let's be realistic. How much do you save for another 3yr of fixed rate? Usually when ppl take loan it's more than 20yrs so what's 3yrs? If you can see the direction we're moving towards, it's going to be grim for the next several years. I'm fully prepared for the increased interest rates and like those guys on MCF say, if you can't afford the fuel don't buy a car (referring to those who go to JB for a pump)!

yup, i did my refinancing last aug.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Think people can hedge against rising interest rate?
    Why hedge when you have a huge cash buffer?

Banned

User Info Menu

May I know what is the interest you are paying for your mortgage at the moment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ling Ping View Post
    May I know what is the interest you are paying for your mortgage at the moment?
    The FED hasn't even touched interest rates and ppl are already fumbling. I can't be bothered with these little savings and went with float. It's actually optional and it keeps my bank happy.

User Info Menu

Rates likely to stay low for a very long time and it will be at a NEW NORM (about half of OLD NORM)..........
    Those taking fixed rate loan now may not be the right choice after all!

The FED hasn't even touched interest rates and ppl are already fumbling. I can't be bothered with these little savings and went with float. It's actually optional and it keeps my bank happy.

User Info Menu

Another day has passed, and SOR shot up again, this time by 15.9% in 1 day!!!!!!! :

3M SIBOR : 0.62052%
    3M SOR : 0.92956

Surprisingly SIBOR dropped!
    I hard warned about risk of SOR loan before. Hope nobody here took up SOR or could refinance if having SOR floating loan...
    If you are with SIBOR, you could hedge it!

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    today SIBOR 3M 0.637, and SOR3M 0.802 already.

every one is expecting SGD to drop

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast