Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Botanique @ Bartley

Quote Originally Posted by Strata View Post
    Imagine all smaller units are up for rental to FTs...cant imagine the quality of life there....good luck to those who have bought it for stay..
    It also looks like more will be renting out at lower rents instead of holding a vacant unit for which they have to pay property tax...wonder what kind of foreigners will move in? Having too many vacant units for too long is not a nice feeling for people staying there...

Quote Originally Posted by stannes View Post
    It also looks like more will be renting out at lower rents instead of holding a vacant unit for which they have to pay property tax...wonder what kind of foreigners will move in? Having too many vacant units for too long is not a nice feeling for people staying there...
    Could also be rented out to young couples or singles working in the vicinity awaiting their flats?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Could also be rented out to young couples or singles working in the vicinity awaiting their flats?
    The rental market has also suffered nowadays. More competition, lesser tenants, increasing interest rate....cant imagine still can depend on rental as passive income anymore..i know of some frens they rather rent their PC out at loss than leaving it empty. You might have noticed some PC or EC rental rate is quite close to hdb rate nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Strata View Post
    The rental market has also suffered nowadays. More competition, lesser tenants, increasing interest rate....cant imagine still can depend on rental as passive income anymore..i know of some frens they rather rent their PC out at loss than leaving it empty. You might have noticed some PC or EC rental rate is quite close to hdb rate nowadays.
    Ya, wen market is gloomy , is best time to buy, waiting for crash , how long u tink we need to wait ?

Long ago, probably 2011, there was Basic. Nobody knew where he/she came from but there were suggestions that he is D**** L**. Not that I actually knew who that was anyway...

Then from maybe 2012-2013 there was a Seletar who kept searching for all the negative news in the Internet to post.

Very recently, Strata and Stannes emerged (one who coincidentally live in Seletar region) who kept harping on the weaknesses of every new condo project.

I don't necessarily think they are linked, but I think at any one point, there will be the negatives (and positives) anywhere.

I work in a different way - people say very good I will see and say the reverse, and if people say until very bad, I will start to see and say the good things. That's just me rambling haha... Sorry for hijacking Botanique thread.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Me and my wife recently bought a 2br there. Overall I think the quality of the project is really good, location wise and future developments are also promising...

It's small place but unfortunately for us, we belong to a class that can't qualify for a BTO or EC but yet don't have enough to down pay for a 3br. At the same time we are wary of getting an expensive resale flat and essentially paying for someone else to upgrade and get stuck with the lease over 30 years old.

After viewing many projects we are happy to say this is one of the better ones we like!

Looking forward to meet the neighbors!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever84 View Post
    Me and my wife recently bought a 2br there. Overall I think the quality of the project is really good, location wise and future developments are also promising...

It's small place but unfortunately for us, we belong to a class that can't qualify for a BTO or EC but yet don't have enough to down pay for a 3br. At the same time we are wary of getting an expensive resale flat and essentially paying for someone else to upgrade and get stuck with the lease over 30 years old.

After viewing many projects we are happy to say this is one of the better ones we like!

Looking forward to meet the neighbors!

Fully agreed. The pricing is slightly higher than it's neighbour development but I feel the quality is better than others. I have been searching for a while and end up vested in a 3 br there. Initially looking for a bigger unit but the quantum at that area is high. The amenities might not be as fantastic as Northpark residences but the location is definitely better (personal view). Once that area is developed eg. biddadari then there will be more amenities and hope the price will move up. Anyway, it's for own stay so even if stays still fine. Looking forward too!!

Agents lai liao.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger123 View Post
    Fully agreed. The pricing is slightly higher than it's neighbour development but I feel the quality is better than others. I have been searching for a while and end up vested in a 3 br there. Initially looking for a bigger unit but the quantum at that area is high. The amenities might not be as fantastic as Northpark residences but the location is definitely better (personal view). Once that area is developed eg. biddadari then there will be more amenities and hope the price will move up. Anyway, it's for own stay so even if stays still fine. Looking forward too!!
    True true......3 years ago, I saw the bidadari development, and tell myself it is a growth area, so I bought the last available Nin residence , .....and nver regret, sent my agent there to negotiate on sun and clinched the deal on the same day, didnt see and didnt ask much why still available..... I just feel right

I believe there is nothing gain for an agent to post comments here.
    I'm just sharing my view after viewing quite a number of development before deciding.

Unlikely to be agents lah. Its more effective for agents to station at showflats or other means of passing of their contact info directly. Worse if they encourage sales but the money all goes into fellow agents' pockets because they faked postings at forums. It's a very competitive and tough vocation right now.

So many people bought, maybe we can estimate 10% would visit forums to learn from each other's experience and you would have a few posts by the subscribers / buyers. Most don't post anyway and just "take info" but never "give info". We should encourage those who share experience and give info, shouldn't we?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

That's the reason why maybe left only 10% of the real buyer post in forum. When you say the development good, people say you are agent. If you say the development sucks, people complain also. So everyone just view. ��

Yes. Information is key to knowledge gathering. What you do with the knowledge is entirely up to you. Agents also can be a source of knowledge and information. If you believe everything you read on forums, then there is really nothing stopping you from being called naive.

Quote Originally Posted by cnud View Post
    Yes. Information is key to knowledge gathering. What you do with the knowledge is entirely up to you. Agents also can be a source of knowledge and information. If you believe everything you read on forums, then there is really nothing stopping you from being called naive.
    Even when information given face to face, cannot trust blindly too. But calling people agents just because they support a project is just overly judgemental.

That said, agents did post very actively in this forum a few years back. Now I think much lesser posts overall.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    Hi, are u first time buyer? Do u need to pay 7% ABSD? U buy to stay?
    I just sold my Hdb so no ABSD for me.

How's the price now compared to VVIP? Hope we got it at a steal

Quote Originally Posted by jmyopic View Post
    IMHO, VVIP is just a marketing gimmick. The after-all-discounts nett price is in fact the targeted price that the developer is willing to let go of the unit. Any pre-discount transacted price will be additional bonus to them. This is of course based on assumptions that the developer does not undertake any drastic measures to clear the remaining unsold leftover units before and/or after TOP. Regret if I bring anyone back to planet earth reality.

Yes, I agree with MrTan. In fact, those who go for VVIP preview sales are buyers with super high interest and hence developers are able to achieve higher prices from them. After all, anyone can buy during the preview sales, it is not as if the preview is only for "Very Very Important Persons".

Heard it went up by 1%. Still I am not sure how true is that. Hoping it TOPs early hahaha

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    IMHO, VVIP is just a marketing gimmick. The after-all-discounts nett price is in fact the targeted price that the developer is willing to let go of the unit. Any pre-discount transacted price will be additional bonus to them. This is of course based on assumptions that the developer does not undertake any drastic measures to clear the remaining unsold leftover units before and/or after TOP. Regret if I bring anyone back to planet earth reality.
    Wise words and so true. I hope such drastic measures won't happen though.

Wise words and so true. I hope such drastic measures won't happen though.
    Is it a concern that 3 sides of the estate is surrounded by road? It is going to be really noisy?

Quote Originally Posted by muffin_lover View Post
    Is it a concern that 3 sides of the estate is surrounded by road? It is going to be really noisy?
    3 sides? I visualize this development site primarily as a triangle with 1 short side facing bartley residences and 2 long sides flanked by 2 major rds - upper paya lebar rd and bartley rd. Good news is that it is well connected in terms of roads, buses and MRT with respect to accessibility and proximity. The bad news is some noise will be inevitable. It all depends which unit u choose - outward facing or inward facing, and the level of the unit. Hope helps.

3 sides? I visualize this development site primarily as a triangle with 1 short side facing bartley residences and 2 long sides flanked by 2 major rds - upper paya lebar rd and bartley rd. Good news is that it is well connected in terms of roads, buses and MRT with respect to accessibility and proximity. The bad news is some noise will be inevitable. It all depends which unit u choose - outward facing or inward facing, and the level of the unit. Hope helps.
    Didn't think much about the noise and triangular plot until someone mentioned this... We are looking at stack 13. Does anyone know how's the sales? Need to take into consideration the possibility of cheap sale by developer in case there are too many unsold units...

Didn't think much about the noise and triangular plot until someone mentioned this... We are looking at stack 13. Does anyone know how's the sales? Need to take into consideration the possibility of cheap sale by developer in case there are too many unsold units...
    Based on last news reports...

The Straits Times dated 14 Apr...
    "Botanique at Bartley, a 797-unit condominium in Upper Paya Lebar Road, also did well.

About 200 of the 360 units released for sale by UOL Group on April 4 have found buyers, 81 per cent of whom are Singaporean."

The Business Times dated 14 Apr...
    "The weekend also brought good news for Botanique at Bartley. Another 50 units were moved over its second weekend of sales, raising its total number sold to more than 200. Units at UOL Group's 797-unit condominium in Upper Paya Lebar Road sold for an average price point of S$1,290 per sq ft. Two-bedroom units have been especially popular among buyers.

Botanique at Bartley offers 200 one-bedders, 382 two-bedders and 215 three-bedders. Unit sizes for a one-bedroom ranges from 495 sq ft to 689 sq ft, a two-bedroom ranges from 657 sq ft to 958 sq ft and a three-bedroom ranges from 926 sq ft to 1,356 sq ft"

Development just launched. Still too early to tell if there will be a cheap sale or not due to too many unsold units. Can only tell after a year or two. By that time, the more preferred units would have already been sold. Only left the less preferred units. Hence need to balance between timing and pricing and also buyer's mentality, preference, thinking, needs, wants and wishes.

Main Brochure
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/co...CBy8qyA45?dl=1

Floorplans
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/co...V9Vt1soV4?dl=1
    Last edited by MrTan; 19-04-15 at 14:09.

I initially had this concern as well. but also worried if we bought too late there might only be left with less ideal and high floor units. We felt the additional cost in height especially facing inwards is not worth the difference.

Also, due to road we picked inside facing units. Though bit of afternoon sun it's likely blocked by the unit nearby

I initially had this concern as well. but also worried if we bought too late there might only be left with less ideal and high floor units. We felt the additional cost in height especially facing inwards is not worth the difference.

Also, due to road we picked inside facing units. Though bit of afternoon sun it's likely blocked by the unit nearby
    I read the article too, the developer didn't mention the exact units sold when we went to view the show room again yesterday. All units are facing inwards right? We are interested in the 926 but also concerned about the afternoon sun and feel the dry kitchen/entrance area is a bit cramp. The blocks seem to be v near the main road judging by the model. I heard high floors will get more noise, not sure is this true. We are looking at mid levels. Have you exercised the option?

I read the article too, the developer didn't mention the exact units sold when we went to view the show room again yesterday. All units are facing inwards right? We are interested in the 926 but also concerned about the afternoon sun and feel the dry kitchen/entrance area is a bit cramp. The blocks seem to be v near the main road judging by the model. I heard high floors will get more noise, not sure is this true. We are looking at mid levels. Have you exercised the option?
    We still waiting for the s&p to come but we will buy for sure haha

If facing inwards I think the best is mid floor ba... No point getting high floor and see the block opposite. At least mid floor still can see pool and cheaper haha

Facing inwards think noise is okay, also that road should only be busy during weekday, ie when you're at work.

Kitchen is small have to say

We still waiting for the s&p to come but we will buy for sure haha

If facing inwards I think the best is mid floor ba... No point getting high floor and see the block opposite. At least mid floor still can see pool and cheaper haha

Facing inwards think noise is okay, also that road should only be busy during weekday, ie when you're at work.

Kitchen is small have to say
    I think above 3rd floor shd be ok. One problem is there is no store room. Very challenging to fit big items. May need to trash 1/3 of my belongings if we move in.

Have someone done any research on which bank loan is more attractive?

Cool

How about Stack 15? Any cons to a mid floor Below #8?

Thanks

How about Stack 15? Any cons to a mid floor Below #8?

Thanks
    Stack 15 (926) is slightly smaller than stack 13 (958), but it (15) is more reclusive from upper paya lebar r&d than 13.

Both stacks main view are facing south west, with limited or no view to the other directions.

Afternoon sun will have a bigger impact on stack 15 than stack 13, though the latter will be getting the morning sun impact.

Low floor, mid floor, high floor all have their lovers and haters. Price is one factor. The view is another.

For high floor, I would think that the view to the opposite block is not that bad for stack 15, though I can't say the same for stack 13.

For low floor, stack 13 will be facing clubhouse, stream deck, aquatic gym whereas stack 15 will be facing family deck, lazy pool, green deck. It looks like there will be small trees planted between these 2 stacks and the mentioned facilities, hence the views may be blocked.

IMHO, if for own stay, I would get a mid to high floor in stack 15. If for investment/rental purposes, I would get the cheapest unit. This is just my own personal preference and opinion. Different people different needs different wants different wishes.