Thread: The ones that started: The real Singapore forum

Default The ones that started: The real Singapore forum

Now you know two out of three that started the website are not Singapore. They just want to see the downfall of Singapore and make some money from adverts. Be careful of what u read on website.

See this:
    http://www.tnp.sg/news/people-behind-real-singapore

Welcome to the Real World.

You read the ST for propaganda news, you read TRE, TOC and TRS for truths that are not reported in ST. I think Singaporeans have to read mainstream n non mainstream media to form better judgement.

The truth is two out of three are not Singaporean. Monetary benefits for themselves. Stiring up people trust.

I am a Singaporean n i find what they post very informative. I don't care if they come from Africa or Antarctica.

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    The truth is two out of three are not Singaporean. Monetary benefits for themselves. Stiring up people trust.

Stats don’t lie, but the people who use them do.

http://www.crabdribbles.com/stats-dont-lie/

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators View Post
    I am a Singaporean n i find what they post very informative. I don't care if they come from Africa or Antarctica.
    What we do know is that your name is Jayden Lim and you go around setting up multiple social media accounts to giving false rating; such as giving all round 5 stars rating for Regent Heights, and giving all round 1 star for property such as J Gateway.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singa...nt-heights-187

As the saying goes, bird of same feather flock together, and you Regulators is are no different to those despicable people at TRS who uses fake identity to post rubbish.

Ringo33, continue hallucinating that I am Jayden Lim, actually I really don't mind your hallucinations coz it keeps my real identity further from your imagination.

How is your business at CHT technologies? You may want to spend more time promoting your business here than talking nonsense..lol

I see you are very active in skyscrapercity as CHT, why do you keep coming back here when you have been thrown out? There is nothing more shameless than being an uninvited guest? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenlim View Post
    What we do know is that your name is Jayden Lim and you go around setting up multiple social media accounts to giving false rating; such as giving all round 5 stars rating for Regent Heights, and giving all round 1 star for property such as J Gateway.

As the saying goes, bird of same feather flock together, and you Regulators is are no different to those despicable people at TRS who uses fake identity to post rubbish.

Ringo33, Please confirm if this is the address and number to contact you if we looking for computer products. Don't be shy leh, share with us your product offering...

Blk 134 #04-309, 134 Jurong Gateway Road, (S)600134, Tel: 65637972

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...1575097&page=5

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ho...m-4934592.html

You read the ST for propaganda news, you read TRE, TOC and TRS for truths that are not reported in ST. I think Singaporeans have to read mainstream n non mainstream media to form better judgement.
    Propaganda news such as ST and fake news websites such as TRS are totally different things.

I hope the TRS editors would be handed with severe punishment - please bear in mind one of the admin is a Japanese-Australian woman who is not even a singaporean! Why is she meddling with Singapore???

Ringo33, continue hallucinating that I am Jayden Lim, actually I really don't mind your hallucinations coz it keeps my real identity further from your imagination.

How is your business at CHT technologies? You may want to spend more time promoting your business here than talking nonsense..lol

I see you are very active in skyscrapercity as CHT, why do you keep coming back here when you have been thrown out? There is nothing more shameless than being an uninvited guest? Lol

benjonson12@gmail is the email account used by Regulators to registered in this forum, its the same email account that is used by Jayden Lim asking for information about Australia Mickey Mouse (Yes <500sqft) apartment in another forum, and its the same name used by your fake account Patrickstar. And Jadyen Lim also appeal in Propertyguru site to give all round 5 stars rating for Regents Height, a condo which Regulators repeatedly brag about in this forum for years.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...-is-Jayden-Lim

Burying your head in the mud is not going to make you invisible, so please stop trying.

Ringo33, You have wasted your precious time barking up the wrong tree. Continue making yourself the joke of this forum and don't forget to take your medicine.

Btw we are awaiting your confirmation of your contact info at CHT technologies in Jurong Gateway (Tel:65637972). You may want to provide your mobile number so people can contact you to order computer products as well...lol

http://www.streetdirectory.com/busin...ranchid=157967

benjonson12@gmail is the email account used by Regulators to registered in this forum, its the same email account that is used by Jayden Lim asking for information about Australia Mickey Mouse (Yes <500sqft) apartment in another forum, and its the same name used by your fake account Patrickstar. And Jadyen Lim also appeal in Propertyguru site to give all round 5 stars rating for Regents Height, a condo which Regulators repeatedly brag about in this forum for years.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...-is-Jayden-Lim

Burying your head in the mud is not going to make you invisible, so please stop trying.
    Last edited by Regulators; 21-02-15 at 17:26.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Foreigners cannot comment on Singapore?
    But why Singapore can comment on other countries?

Singapore urges China to clarify South China Seas claim:
    Singapore has called on China to clarify its claims in the South China Sea following recent confrontations with Vietnam and the Philippines.
    Singapore said China's "ambiguity" had caused international concern.
    Singapore has no territorial claims in the area, but said it had an interest "in anything affecting freedom of navigation in international sea lanes".

Please lah, the rules have to be applied bilaterally, don't be so lobe-sided!

I don't think it has to do with commenting on Singapore because anybody can, but rather it is true or not.....
    Why would anybody be afraid of criticism if they have nothing to be afraid of?

We can't comment on whether that is true or not, since we are not present at that time...
    Are there evidence to suggest otherwise that what they said is not true?

Compare the above to the below at the following URL by WP Yee Jenn Jong...

"Minister Heng (Swee Kiat) said I evaded a resident’s question on Thursday and walked away quickly. We had 2 groups doing HV at Pasir Ris that evening, so I had to check with everyone who were there on Thursday to find out if anyone did turn and walked away quickly when asked about AHPETC. No one had asked the other group about the TC, which was led by another WP CEC member. I had two helpers with me. I was sure I did not walk away without answering anyone on anything. Just to be very sure, I asked both of my helpers and they all were sure that I did not. Here’s the texted message from one of them, “I can’t remember the exact number of residents that asked about the AHPETC but you did not walk away nor not answer any resident.”"

There is an interesting question here:
    * When something has been said by a person (said A) about B, especially something that is bad about B, I suppose it is A's responsibility to substantiate what A said if there is dispute?

So, in TRS case, it becomes the TRS's writer to substantiate what they said since what they said are in dispute? That is why they are investigated by the police?

If so, then let's compare to what Minister Heng Swee Kiat said about Yee,
    "Minister Heng (Swee Kiat) said I evaded a resident’s question on Thursday and walked away quickly."

Since that comment gave WP Yee Jenn Jong a bad reputation, and Yee Jenn Jong disputed what Minister Heng said, so it is now Minister Heng responsibility to proof that what he alleged about Yee is true? (Just like TRS's writer now need to substantiate what they wrote is true?)

I suppose Singapore will not practise double standard right?

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs View Post
    Propaganda news such as ST and fake news websites such as TRS are totally different things.

I hope the TRS editors would be handed with severe punishment - please bear in mind one of the admin is a Japanese-Australian woman who is not even a singaporean! Why is she meddling with Singapore???
    Last edited by teddybear; 21-02-15 at 20:32.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post

Singapore has called on China to clarify its claims in the South China Sea following recent confrontations with Vietnam and the Philippines.
    Singapore has no territorial claims in the area, but said it had an interest "in anything affecting freedom of navigation in international sea lanes".

I don't think it has to do with commenting on Singapore because anybody can, but rather it is true or not.....

We can't comment on whether that is true or not, since we are not present at that time...

"Minister Heng (Swee Kiat) said I evaded a resident’s question on Thursday and walked away quickly. We had 2 groups doing HV at Pasir Ris that evening, so I had to check with everyone who were there on Thursday to find out if anyone did turn and walked away quickly when asked about AHPETC. No one had asked the other group about the TC, which was led by another WP CEC member. I had two helpers with me. I was sure I did not walk away without answering anyone on anything. Just to be very sure, I asked both of my helpers and they all were sure that I did not. Here’s the texted message from one of them, “I can’t remember the exact number of residents that asked about the AHPETC but you did not walk away nor not answer any resident.”"

* When something has been said by a person (said A) about B, especially something that is bad about B, I suppose it is A's responsibility to substantiate what A said if there is dispute?

So, in TRS case, it becomes the TRS's writer to substantiate what they said since what they said are in dispute? That is why they are investigated by the police?

"Minister Heng (Swee Kiat) said I evaded a resident’s question on Thursday and walked away quickly."

Since that comment gave WP Yee Jenn Jong a bad reputation, and Yee Jenn Jong disputed what Minister Heng said, so it is now Minister Heng responsibility to proof that what he alleged about Yee is true? (Just like TRS's writer now need to substantiate what they wrote is true?)

As usual LIES AGAIN. YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT FROM THOSE EVIL FOOLS TRYING TO HARM SINGAPORE. U ARE SO STUPID CANNOT TELL THE DIFFERENT FROM A ""COMMENT" OR BLATANT TWISTING OF FACTS!???
    WOW!! OH FORGOT YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE WHO TWIST FACTS FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL GAIN!!!!

FACT THOSE PEOPLE IN TRS ONLY HAVE ONE WISH! MAKE $$$ BY CREATING DISTRUST AND CHAOS WITH MISINFORMATION AND TWISTING FACTS AND TELLING LIES!!! OHH JUST LIKE U!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

You mean inciteful.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

minority,
    you BIGGEST LIAR and BLATANT TWISTER OF FACTS here
    , and you want to say other people telling lies and twisting facts?

Didn't you telling us $308 per month is enough for basic necessities living for a person in Singapore BUT WHAT YOU SAID CONTRADICTED what CPF Advisory Panel recommended to Singapore Government?

Could you explain to us what is the difference between "A ""COMMENT" OR BLATANT TWISTING OF FACTS!??? "
    AND who is making a comment and who is making blatant twisting facts when we have yet to see EVIDENCE and FACTS to back up both of them for what they said yet?

In the 2 cases I quoted, both are comments, and if they are backed by EVIDENCE and FACTS that they do happened, then both are FACTS and TRUE, otherwise both are just BLATANT TWISTING OF FACTS, unless you are telling us otherwise because you are practising DOUBLE STANDARDS and trying to twist facts and LIE to all of us here AGAIN?!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    As usual LIES AGAIN. YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT FROM THOSE EVIL FOOLS TRYING TO HARM SINGAPORE. U ARE SO STUPID CANNOT TELL THE DIFFERENT FROM A ""COMMENT" OR BLATANT TWISTING OF FACTS!???
    WOW!! OH FORGOT YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE WHO TWIST FACTS FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL GAIN!!!!

FACT THOSE PEOPLE IN TRS ONLY HAVE ONE WISH! MAKE $$$ BY CREATING DISTRUST AND CHAOS WITH MISINFORMATION AND TWISTING FACTS AND TELLING LIES!!! OHH JUST LIKE U!!!!!!!!!!!!!

minority,

Didn't you telling us $308 per month is enough for basic necessities living for a person in Singapore BUT WHAT YOU SAID CONTRADICTED what CPF Advisory Panel recommended to Singapore Government?

Could you explain to us what is the difference between "A ""COMMENT" OR BLATANT TWISTING OF FACTS!??? "
    AND who is making a comment and who is making blatant twisting facts when we have yet to see EVIDENCE and FACTS to back up both of them for what they said yet?

In the 2 cases I quoted, both are comments, and if they are backed by EVIDENCE and FACTS that they do happened, then both are FACTS and TRUE, otherwise both are just BLATANT TWISTING OF FACTS, unless you are telling us otherwise because you are practising DOUBLE STANDARDS and trying to twist facts and LIE to all of us here AGAIN?!!!!

As usual you talk cock again. the whole min basic sum spend essential comes from your KPKB that GST hurt the poor! I tell you in your bloody face NO!!! FACT GST rebate and vouchers! and its show time and again GST voucher are adjusted yearly as time goes by!! this yer BUDGET shows it. more GST voucher and more for the low income!!! so go suck on your lies!!!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

http://mothership.sg/2015/02/beginni...far-from-dead/

Ah, finally. Socio-political site The Real Singapore (TRS) gets its just deserts.

Two of its editors have been arrested last week for offenses under the Sedition Act, though TRS said that only one editor was investigated for a crime that could result in a fine of up to S$5,000, three years of imprisonment, or both.

Its only known members being three university students (one of them not ironically even a Singaporean), TRS’ editorial team has built up a fan-base that is to be reckoned with. Its modus operandi utilises four of these classic tactics, often used in conjunction.

1) Flagrant plagiarism – check out the obvious similarities in structure between this article by Straits Times and this by TRS. Tut-tut. Need more proof? Check out point 2.

st trs

2) Sensationalise news reported by mainstream media -

Here’s a classic example. After plagiarising this article about decreasing size of Executive Condominium units from Channel NewsAsia, TRS’ version sneakily adds this line:

“As the government continues to import new immmigrants, population pressures will likely cause our homes to continue shrinking.”

So much for a website that claims not to encourage xenophobia. There are only two ‘M’s in immigration, by the way.

3) Publishing stories from unidentifiable/unverifiable sources -

Straight from the horse’s mouth:

hard to verify

Well, if you can’t verify it, then maybe you shouldn’t be publishing it. #justsaying.

4) Validating racism and xenophobia, as seen in the latest Thaipusam incident which led to their arrest –

many xenophobic posts

We know freedom of speech is important, but it has its limits in a diverse society like Singapore. As a Singaporean, I consider lending a voice to xenophobes and racists as unethical and unacceptable. Is The Real Singapore shirking its responsibility just because they believe the racists’ concerns?

Disturbingly, this content strategy has worked miracles. From a pure marketing standpoint, TRS’ founders would put most local publications (this one included, sadly) to shame. Their brainchild is by all standards, wildly popular.

With over 412,000 fans on Facebook, TRS outranks Singapore’s most famous blogger Xiaxue (349,315), troll-page SMRT Ltd (Feedback) (230,108) and comes really close to giving both Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong (495, 263) and mainstream daily The Straits Times (474,321) a run for their money.

A search on web traffic data company Alexa reveals that it is the 68th most popular site in Singapore, just 12 places behind The Straits Times’ ‘citizen journalism’ site STOMP – another menace that deserves an article of its own. TRS claimed to have over 1.2 million unique visitors each month, with more than 10 million monthly page views.

Nothing short of impressive, considering that the site has been around for less than a decade, and has what appears to be a relatively small team.

It all just goes to show that sensationalism and vitriol always sells.

And sell it did. While you were shaking your fist at yet another ‘Foreigners are taking our jobs’ story or sympathising with how the poor were living hand to mouth, TRS’ editors were reportedly making a small fortune thanks to the website’s considerable advertising and bragging to their families about it.

Yes, Singaporeans have fed the proverbial troll.

According to various site evaluation websites, TRS’ monthly advertising revenue could be any of the following: US$7,918 [S$10,778] (SitePrice.org), US$11,619 [S$15,817] (Webuka.com) and US$30,690 [S$41,778] (MCJonline). Not too shabby, if you ask me.

Turns out that being an expert with ‘CTRL + V’ does offer a lucrative career path, after all.

Let’s recap. A site spouting untruths that threaten Singapore’s peaceful society whose founders are getting paid handsomely for sowing discord.

“But wait, two editors have been brought to light,” you exclaim.

In fact, Yahoo News reported that there were “more cheers than jeers online” over the arrests. Ex-Singapore Democratic Party member Jeremy Chen has called for TRS to be “held accountable for all the xenophobia it promotes and profits off of”.

Perhaps moderate opposition supporters would soon celebrate the downfall of a site that makes all non-PAP supporters seem like radical extremists.

So problem solved, right?

But the battle is far from over. The questionable practices of TRS’ editorial team are only the tip of the iceberg. If there is one thing we can learn from this unfortunate episode, it is that ignorance has reached epidemic levels. TRS was only so successful because there are too many Singaporeans who read online news and take things at face value.

Killing TRS won’t solve the problem. Before long, TRS could see itself resurrected. Another name, different editors. The same shoddy excuse for a different type of journalism online.

Because if there is one thing that Singaporeans love more than a site that feeds their confirmation bias, it’s money. There are profits to be made from hate. Opportunists rejoice.

It’s strange that while the average Singaporean (forgive the pun) is a healthy skeptic of reporting by mainstream media, the same savviness is not observed with alternative media.

The average Singaporean needs to be more aware about agenda-setting, advertorials, who’s-paid-to-write-what and the extent that people will go to obtain page-views, likes, and clickthroughs. That means questioning everything we read, and being aware of concepts such as self-censorship, media ethics and how media organisations make money in general.

But yes, we could all start by not feeding the troll.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

minority,
    Don't talk cock again!

What GST rebate and vouchers? What has that to do with costs of basic necessity living? Are you telling all of us here that everybody in Singapore is entitled to a lot of GST rebate and vouchers and that is why you said $308 per month is enough for basic necessity living? What a pathetic lie!

FACT: Your government appointed CPF Advisory Panel recommended that even if fully owned your property and don't need to pay rent, you need AT LEAST $650 per month just to have basic necessity living in Singapore!

This year budget more GST vouchers and more for low income?
    How about you tell us whether the Government will raise the GST or more taxes from Singaporeans after the General Election or not?
    May be Singaporeans will need to pay back everything including interests after receiving the budget "goodies"???

As usual you talk cock again. the whole min basic sum spend essential comes from your KPKB that GST hurt the poor! I tell you in your bloody face NO!!! FACT GST rebate and vouchers! and its show time and again GST voucher are adjusted yearly as time goes by!! this yer BUDGET shows it. more GST voucher and more for the low income!!! so go suck on your lies!!!
    minority,

Good COMMENT but not good enough (because sounds biased to me, the author appeared to be very clever in writing you know........):

"It’s strange that while the average Singaporean (forgive the pun) is a healthy skeptic of reporting by mainstream media, the same savviness is not observed with alternative media.
    The average Singaporean needs to be more aware about agenda-setting, advertorials, who’s-paid-to-write-what and the extent that people will go to obtain page-views, likes, and clickthroughs. That means questioning everything we read, and being aware of concepts such as self-censorship, media ethics and how media organisations make money in general."

My comment:
    Read everything with a BIG pinch of salt, regardless of mainstream media and alternative media. Everything wrote may be from their own personal view or with some agenda (either from their organization or from themselves)! Use your own brain and trust your own analysis, not others! Even statistics they quote can be used to fool you!

We have seen too many of such cases already!

http://mothership.sg/2015/02/beginni...far-from-dead/

Ah, finally. Socio-political site The Real Singapore (TRS) gets its just deserts.

Two of its editors have been arrested last week for offenses under the Sedition Act, though TRS said that only one editor was investigated for a crime that could result in a fine of up to S$5,000, three years of imprisonment, or both.

Its only known members being three university students (one of them not ironically even a Singaporean), TRS’ editorial team has built up a fan-base that is to be reckoned with. Its modus operandi utilises four of these classic tactics, often used in conjunction.

1) Flagrant plagiarism – check out the obvious similarities in structure between this article by Straits Times and this by TRS. Tut-tut. Need more proof? Check out point 2.

st trs

2) Sensationalise news reported by mainstream media -

Here’s a classic example. After plagiarising this article about decreasing size of Executive Condominium units from Channel NewsAsia, TRS’ version sneakily adds this line:

“As the government continues to import new immmigrants, population pressures will likely cause our homes to continue shrinking.”

So much for a website that claims not to encourage xenophobia. There are only two ‘M’s in immigration, by the way.

3) Publishing stories from unidentifiable/unverifiable sources -

Straight from the horse’s mouth:

hard to verify

Well, if you can’t verify it, then maybe you shouldn’t be publishing it. #justsaying.

4) Validating racism and xenophobia, as seen in the latest Thaipusam incident which led to their arrest –

many xenophobic posts

We know freedom of speech is important, but it has its limits in a diverse society like Singapore. As a Singaporean, I consider lending a voice to xenophobes and racists as unethical and unacceptable. Is The Real Singapore shirking its responsibility just because they believe the racists’ concerns?

Disturbingly, this content strategy has worked miracles. From a pure marketing standpoint, TRS’ founders would put most local publications (this one included, sadly) to shame. Their brainchild is by all standards, wildly popular.

With over 412,000 fans on Facebook, TRS outranks Singapore’s most famous blogger Xiaxue (349,315), troll-page SMRT Ltd (Feedback) (230,108) and comes really close to giving both Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong (495, 263) and mainstream daily The Straits Times (474,321) a run for their money.

A search on web traffic data company Alexa reveals that it is the 68th most popular site in Singapore, just 12 places behind The Straits Times’ ‘citizen journalism’ site STOMP – another menace that deserves an article of its own. TRS claimed to have over 1.2 million unique visitors each month, with more than 10 million monthly page views.

Nothing short of impressive, considering that the site has been around for less than a decade, and has what appears to be a relatively small team.

It all just goes to show that sensationalism and vitriol always sells.

And sell it did. While you were shaking your fist at yet another ‘Foreigners are taking our jobs’ story or sympathising with how the poor were living hand to mouth, TRS’ editors were reportedly making a small fortune thanks to the website’s considerable advertising and bragging to their families about it.

Yes, Singaporeans have fed the proverbial troll.

According to various site evaluation websites, TRS’ monthly advertising revenue could be any of the following: US$7,918 [S$10,778] (SitePrice.org), US$11,619 [S$15,817] (Webuka.com) and US$30,690 [S$41,778] (MCJonline). Not too shabby, if you ask me.

Turns out that being an expert with ‘CTRL + V’ does offer a lucrative career path, after all.

Let’s recap. A site spouting untruths that threaten Singapore’s peaceful society whose founders are getting paid handsomely for sowing discord.

“But wait, two editors have been brought to light,” you exclaim.

In fact, Yahoo News reported that there were “more cheers than jeers online” over the arrests. Ex-Singapore Democratic Party member Jeremy Chen has called for TRS to be “held accountable for all the xenophobia it promotes and profits off of”.

Perhaps moderate opposition supporters would soon celebrate the downfall of a site that makes all non-PAP supporters seem like radical extremists.

So problem solved, right?

But the battle is far from over. The questionable practices of TRS’ editorial team are only the tip of the iceberg. If there is one thing we can learn from this unfortunate episode, it is that ignorance has reached epidemic levels. TRS was only so successful because there are too many Singaporeans who read online news and take things at face value.

Killing TRS won’t solve the problem. Before long, TRS could see itself resurrected. Another name, different editors. The same shoddy excuse for a different type of journalism online.

Because if there is one thing that Singaporeans love more than a site that feeds their confirmation bias, it’s money. There are profits to be made from hate. Opportunists rejoice.

It’s strange that while the average Singaporean (forgive the pun) is a healthy skeptic of reporting by mainstream media, the same savviness is not observed with alternative media.

The average Singaporean needs to be more aware about agenda-setting, advertorials, who’s-paid-to-write-what and the extent that people will go to obtain page-views, likes, and clickthroughs. That means questioning everything we read, and being aware of concepts such as self-censorship, media ethics and how media organisations make money in general.

But yes, we could all start by not feeding the troll.

minority,

TCSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Good COMMENT but not good enough (because sounds biased to me, the author appeared to be very clever in writing you know........):

"It’s strange that while the average Singaporean (forgive the pun) is a healthy skeptic of reporting by mainstream media, the same savviness is not observed with alternative media.
    The average Singaporean needs to be more aware about agenda-setting, advertorials, who’s-paid-to-write-what and the extent that people will go to obtain page-views, likes, and clickthroughs. That means questioning everything we read, and being aware of concepts such as self-censorship, media ethics and how media organisations make money in general."

My comment:
    Read everything with a BIG pinch of salt, regardless of mainstream media and alternative media. Everything wrote may be from their own personal view or with some agenda (either from their organization or from themselves)! Use your own brain and trust your own analysis, not others! Even statistics they quote can be used to fool you!

BIAS??? I WONDER WHO IS BIAS HERE. CANNOT HANDLE THE FACTS???? LOL The REAL SINGAPOREAN ARE NOT REAL SINGAPOREAN! LOL THATS THE BIGGEST JOKE!!!! ONLY THING REAL IS THEY MILKING THE SINGAPOREANS SUCKERS LIKE U!!!!!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

WHERE IS ROY AH?? IN LONDON HOLIDAY WITH DONATIONS $$$$

SO WHO ARE THE SUCKERS? WHATS THE MOTIVE?? VERY CLEAR IS ABOUT $$$$$$$$$$$$

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

What is the difference between AIM and AHPETC?
    Why the newspapers never provide infographics for AIM vs AHPETEC?
    Is this sign of being biased?

And you can't take the fact when I said that we should take everything we read with a BIG PINCH OF SALT, including the 135th globally-ranked Singapore media?

Even what ministers said we also need to take with a BIG PINCH OF SALT right? How to expect us to trust when there people are saying they are practising double standard, like at this website............

Let me quote parts of the relevant section here:

BKR50: Buffett doesn’t do PAP SG50 BS
    04/03/2015 at 12:21 pm

But then he doesn’t face a general election. He lets this metric talk the walk: Over the last 50 years,the stock is up 1,826,163 percent.

But to be fair to the PAP, he like the PAP did better in the early yrs than in the recent past: https://atans1.wordpress.com/2015/02...-versus-brk50/

But then he doesn’t pay himself so much and he is no hypocrite unlike Jos Teo https://atans1.wordpress.com/2015/03/04/jos-teos-double-standards-walk-the-talk-chiams/ and Gan Kim Yong (See below for Gan’s hypocrisy and double standards.

——-
    Well Gan, what about ministerial pay monetising public service?

Introducing a direct caregiver allowance may monetise family support and filial piety, said the Minister for Heath Mr Gan Kim Yong in Parliament on Tuesday (Mar 3).

In a written response … about whether the Ministry will consider the provision of allowance to caregivers taking care of an elderly, a family member with special needs or disabilities, Mr Gan said family support and filial piety are “priceless” and should not be monetised.
    ———————-

And another one of double standards at this webpage.........

Jos Teo’s double standards/ Walk the talk, Chiams
    In Political governance on 04/03/2015 at 4:40 am

One for people like herself* and another for the “little” people?

More than 100 Singaporeans gave their feedback on Budget 2015 at a forum on Thursday (Feb 26), organised by feedback unit REACH … Senior Minister of State for Finance and Transport Josephine Teo was also present …

While she noted the importance of giving NSmen recognition, Mrs Teo said service for the country cannot be measured in dollars and cents.

Right so why you, Hen and Grace have bitched about the sacrifices you made to serve S’poreans: https://atans1.wordpress.com/2014/09...y-money-money/

I’ll leave the final word on her words to a tua kee blogger who posted on Facebook:

Our National Servicemen who are compulsorily enlisted have it far worse. While the Budget for Defence spending keeps going up year-after-year, most NSmen are paid far less than cleaners.

While our Ministers command top-dollars for their service to the country, they suppress a more appropriate allowance for our citizen-soldiers for the very same reason – that service for the country cannot be measured in dollars and cents.

BIAS??? I WONDER WHO IS BIAS HERE. CANNOT HANDLE THE FACTS???? LOL The REAL SINGAPOREAN ARE NOT REAL SINGAPOREAN! LOL THATS THE BIGGEST JOKE!!!! ONLY THING REAL IS THEY MILKING THE SINGAPOREANS SUCKERS LIKE U!!!!!

My comment:

minority,
    So tell us, what is YOUR MOTIVE to spread lies to us in this forum like $308 pm is enough for basic necessity living in Singapore? Like raise GST to help the poor???

How about you tell us whether the Government will raise the GST or more taxes from Singaporeans after the General Election or not?

How about you tell us whether this year "Ang Pao" budget that benefits the middle-income families will be continued every year or just a one-off case before the coming General Election???

If one-off, then what is the motive????????????
    And who are the suckers or want to become suckers?

Oh gosh, posh apartments vs posh bungalows! How to compare?!

Who told us that "service for the country cannot be measured in dollars and cents."?

If so, why they are demanding MILLIONS $$$ SALARY just to have a chance to service their own country - Singapore, when they don't expect other people to measure their service in dollars and cents and don't deserve to be rewarded???? Furthermore, the former is VOLUNTARY, the latter is made COMPULSORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE IS ROY AH?? IN LONDON HOLIDAY WITH DONATIONS $$$$

SO WHO ARE THE SUCKERS? WHATS THE MOTIVE?? VERY CLEAR IS ABOUT $$$$$$$$$$$$
    minority,
    Don't talk cock again!

What GST rebate and vouchers? What has that to do with costs of basic necessity living? Are you telling all of us here that everybody in Singapore is entitled to a lot of GST rebate and vouchers and that is why you said $308 per month is enough for basic necessity living? What a pathetic lie!

FACT: Your government appointed CPF Advisory Panel recommended that even if fully owned your property and don't need to pay rent, you need AT LEAST $650 per month just to have basic necessity living in Singapore!

This year budget more GST vouchers and more for low income?
    May be Singaporeans will need to pay back everything including interests after receiving the budget "goodies"???
    Last edited by teddybear; 04-03-15 at 19:45.