Thread: Rental Scammer

Default Rental Scammer

https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/vi...p?f=39&t=95311

Hi ,
    Many thanks for your response let me introduce myself. I am Sumawati,single singaporean, nonsmoker lady coming to Singapore from Thailand. I work at the moment and I have limited time to surf the internet and also phone calls are also strictly limited due to nature of my work. I will like you to kindly make the arrangement for the total cost covering my first 2 months’ rent together with deposit. I will also like you to get back to me with some pic and your full home address for me to forward it to my mover to calculate the total cost of moving my stuffs to Singapore. I will be waiting to read back from you.

Cheers

Hi ,
    Many thanks for getting back to me again. I am very social person that respect humanity and this make it so easy for me to get along with whoever that comes my way in life. I am arriving on 4thof march and stay more than a year in singapore working. I will be transferring the rent to you through PayPal and if you do not have one kindly set up an account with them in less than 5 minutes on www.paypal.com. I would have requested for your bank details but for the safety of you and me with giving bank details online, I prefer going through PayPal. I will be so happy to secure the room as soon as you get back to me with the PayPal name and email. I had attached pic of myself for you to know me. I will like to pay in advance through PayPal and my reason is that, I will be presenting the proof of my rent payment to my employer
    Cheers

SUMANRIC.pdf

so real even got NRIC.

Another type of scammer. -

First they hack your email account, then email to your love one or you someone who can help you.

Hi,

Apologies for having to reach out to you like this, but I made a quick trip to London,United Kingdom and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and credit cards in it. The embassy is willing to help by authorizing me to fly without my passport, I just have to pay for a ticket and settle Hotel bills. Unfortunately, I can't have access to funds without my credit card, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me some quick funds that I can give back as soon as I get in. I really need to be on the next available flight.

I can forward you details on how you can get money to me. You can reach me via email or the hotel's help desk, 08715046355. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Another scammer - Hello xx...,
    Thanks for your message, i really do Understand all what you mean and i think i will don't have time to come and view the Unit Due that am Currently here in Malaysia , Working on the Flood Viticm Site so that its why ,and i already view the Unit on the pics and i like it me and my wife , but before i move in i will come and see it so , i will need you to give me the total amount and i will need the Unit this First Week of February between 7th to 12th FEB .., And i will like you also to give me the total amount for the rental between 6 , months to 1 year lease and am having a PR from Malaysia and also am an American , .But i will be Issue you a Cashier Check Payment and send it to you... P's if so i will need you to give me your
    Full Name :Home Address :Phone Number:So that i will call you and once i made out the Check Payment i will send you the Tracking Number also to know when its will delivered .., Thanks
    Mr Mark C .E . O - This scammer is still active in the website - http://singapore.gumtree.sg/c-Proper...AdIdZ618193516

what can they get from these?

When you lost, you will know what they get from these.

For all the scam, the purpose is to ask you to sent money to them.

They can use Love, greed, your worry for you love one or friends etc. to get you to sent money to them.

i also encountered before. there will definitely be some story about seeing your property and coming over in a few weeks time and needs to do some transactions over paypal, etc..

Can share your encounter.

Please help SHARE!
    Help us to find other affected victims and also prevent your friends and family from being a victim of Car Dealer's Fraud !

Be extremely cautious when making your purchase with 2nd hand car dealers!
    It's getting too easy for them!

If you bought a car from Cars Today Pte Ltd since 2013, please check that the vehicle you purchased is being listed as your assets in http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/

If it is not listed as one of your assets, it is most likely an asset of Kenso Leasing Pte Ltd instead and your vehicle is in danger of being repossessed! It is most likely on the repo list already!

There are many cars affected and only a handful of us are in contact.
    If you are one of the victim or have any information for us, please email us at
    [email protected]

Please SHARE!!
    For those who wants to know more about the incident, do continue reading...

So it happened like this,
    I bought a car at almost $50k from them last December and paid fully (no loan) to James Poh and Matthew Poh of Cars Today Pte Ltd. (I should have given them in 10 cents!)

This dealer sells on consignment basis so the car they sell do not belong to them. What they earns is an agent fee from seller and buyer.

However after the purchase and making full payment, they transferred the ownership to Kenso Leasing Pte Ltd instead of me which is the actual owner.

I am still unsure why they did that or how are they even allowed to do that. Also funny that Kenso Leasing will just take other people's car allowing Cars Today to transfer the to them. It's not just one but many.

Anyway, the ownership of the car I bought is being given to Kenso leasing and they have the rights "by Law" to repossess the cars. So my car is on the Repo list. And I lived in fear now that my car that I bought with my hard earned money will be taken from me anytime to be resell by Kenso Leasing.

It is obvious that it is a planned fraud that James Poh transferred the car to Kenso leasing after I bought it and did not inform me. (Hopefully the police sees this as a fraud)

Found out that the car was still not being transferred to me in Jan and when I questioned James, he only gave other excuse and did not state the truth. He even asked me to go down to his office to pay the 6 months road tax renewal of $898.

Police report had been made and also tried to contact the investigation team to provide more details to them before Chinese New year but they won't provide me with contact of the team and they also did not get back to me as promised.

After the news broke out about the case, James can still ask me to get a lawyer to file a suit against Cars Today Pte Ltd!
    This shows his confidence that there is nothing we can do about it as his company is a Private Limited! We will not be able to retrieve our losses if the company closes and we still have to pay the legal fees.

Feeling lost.

Anybody have any information on James Poh, please let us know at [email protected].

Thank you very much for sharing and reading this super long post.

Happy Chinese New Year to you and your family! Have an Awesomely Healthy and happy Year round!

Attached is the picture of James Poh.

-Victim of the Fraud-

http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/art...-dealer-beware
    Last edited by Arcachon; 24-02-15 at 00:30.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/room-renta...inkId=12592982

A 36-year-old man believed to be involved in at least six cases of rental scams has been arrested, the Police said in a statement yesterday.
    There were at least six similar reports lodged between January and February 2015 by victims who responded to online advertisements regarding a room rental at Block 262 Serangoon Central (pictured).
    All the victims were then directed to make deposits ranging from $800 to $1900 before they would be able to move into the flat.
    After collecting the deposits, the suspect would be uncontactable.
    The suspect was arrested on 25 February 2015 in Eunos after extensive follow-up investigations and enquiries, and he will be charged in court today for Cheating under Section 420 of the Penal Code, Chapter 224. If found guilty, he may be imprisonment for a term which may extend to 10 years and face a fine.
    Tenants are advised to visit the flat they want to rent and ensure the person they are dealing with is the rightful flat owner. They should also request documentary proof of flat ownership that bears the flat owners name.
    Additionally, flat owners should register the subletting with HDB within seven days from the subletting date.
    Police also advises members of the public to seek service from a licensed estate agent or registered salesperson.

Muneerah Bee, Senior Journalist at PropertyGuru, wrote this story. To contact her about this or other stories [email protected]