Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kingsford Waterbay (99 LH, D19)

As developer, their objective is to maximize profit.

It is natural and common to price at cost plus a good margin.

The developer has bidded the land in 3Q 2013 when market was doing well. This explains why they paid $520+ psf for the land.

The market has changed quite significantly now.

Sales have slowed down by more than half.

An important question to ask is how can the developer clear the 9XX units if they remain at the current pricing of $1,1XX psf?

Quote Originally Posted by propertybuyer073 View Post
    As developer, their objective is to maximize profit.

It is natural and common to price at cost plus a good margin.

The developer has bidded the land in 3Q 2013 when market was doing well. This explains why they paid $520+ psf for the land.

The market has changed quite significantly now.

Sales have slowed down by more than half.

An important question to ask is how can the developer clear the 9XX units if they remain at the current pricing of $1,1XX psf?
    maybe throw in one car including coe for every unit sold

hmmm... so face the long kang better? or the estate with poolview better?

Ringo33 the shameless dog is barking again....woof woof!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenlim View Post
    Hi Jayden Lim (aka Reguators / Patrickstar / [email protected]) why not 8xx 7xx or 6xxpsf?

Or why would developer sell at or below breakeven cost at launch?

I think the pool view looks better in the day and night.

Quote Originally Posted by absolutwild View Post

Developer is actually very smart to combine both plot into one as it will help to cut down on construction cost especially on the facilities and infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators View Post
    I think the pool view looks better in the day and night.
    Hi James, if Regent Heights is 5 stars all round this should be 6 stars right?

Woof woof....Shameless dog barking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenlim View Post
    Hi James, if Regent Heights is 5 stars all round this should be 6 stars right?

My spouse and myself are keen in this development and am contemplating to get a 2 bedder at least but we are unsure if we will have the loan approved. Any one has any idea or more information on this project i.e. pros and cons?

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan View Post
    My spouse and myself are keen in this development and am contemplating to get a 2 bedder at least but we are unsure if we will have the loan approved. Any one has any idea or more information on this project i.e. pros and cons?
    Have you spoken to a banker? With TDSR and a 10k combined income, it's unlikely this is a viable option unless you're flushed with cash but from previous posts, it doesn't seem to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by invigorated View Post
    Have you spoken to a banker? With TDSR and a 10k combined income, it's unlikely this is a viable option unless you're flushed with cash but from previous posts, it doesn't seem to be the case.
    Can I mimic someone in this forum who uses equity loan? Possible?

Can I mimic someone in this forum who uses equity loan? Possible?
    That depends on whether you have the face of Scarlett Johansson and the body of a Greek godess.

Go get a sugar daddy, faster approval.

On a more serious note,why don't u just find a banker? Very difficult meh.

or can check with mortgageguru from property financing lah. he's online now. see if he wanna take up ur case.

ur bro in law not interested in this?

Quote Originally Posted by absolutwild View Post
    face the long kang
    then dead leaves gather there
    then stagnant water
    then breed mosquitoes
    then tell maid to go clean and scrub long kang

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    ur bro in law not interested in this?
    We factored in his share into our household income profile (3.5k+4k+3k) to make up approximately 10ksgd.
    The landed property is under my spouse and myself name.

We factored in his share into our household income profile (3.5k+4k+3k) to make up approximately 10ksgd.
    The landed property is under my spouse and myself name.
    Able to buy is one thing.

Able to main ongoing interest is another.

3-month SIBOR is nearing 0.8%. It has been very low in the last few years and have been inching up recently.

It is expected to go up further.

If you think 0.8% is high, check out the historical 3-month SIBOR.

It was more than 3% before 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by propertybuyer073 View Post
    Able to buy is one thing.

Able to main ongoing interest is another.

3-month SIBOR is nearing 0.8%. It has been very low in the last few years and have been inching up recently.

It is expected to go up further.

If you think 0.8% is high, check out the historical 3-month SIBOR.

It was more than 3% before 2008.
    If we rent the unit out, would it be helpful then?

if u dun have sinai, u r actually in a much better position than all of us. if u dun have sinai, u can buy a new hdb already. not many of us can buy that anymore. alternatively, since ur bro in law fund ur sinai, u can fund him buying a new hdb. if u wan atas, can try ec.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    if u dun have sinai, u r actually in a much better position than all of us. if u dun have sinai, u can buy a new hdb already. not many of us can buy that anymore. alternatively, since ur bro in law fund ur sinai, u can fund him buying a new hdb. if u wan atas, can try ec.
    We do consider to get my bro-in-law to get HDB flat if all alternatives have exhausted. Looking resales housing 5 room HDB?

We do consider to get my bro-in-law to get HDB flat if all alternatives have exhausted. Looking resales housing 5 room HDB?
    glad that u have a back up plan on earth. guess that's ur only plan left. depends on wat u wan out of an additional property. rental or own stay? new hdb appreciates (confirm! stamp! chop!) the fastest, not resale, not private, regardless new or resale. pls read more, research more and think more. good luck.

Default Are the showroom and floorplan drawn to scale?

My agent did not give me the hardcopy floorplan but gave me the softcopies.

When I measured the width of the master bed room for the 3 rooms and 4 rooms (such as 97 sq m, 111 sq m, 113 sq m in the floorplan), I observed that the distance between the walls are the same.

However, when I measured the width of the master bed room for the 3 rooms and 4 rooms in the showflat, they seem to be different.

Any one has noticed this?

Is it a URA requirement that the showroom (and the floorplan) must be drawn to scale?

similar issues as below?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
    Was there in the afternoon.

The workmanship of the showroom can't make it
    it.

The balcony size looKS very suspiciously supersized.

2 bedder toilets no windows...n sooo tiny.

Condo facilities are too limited. Clearly developer maximizing the 2 sites Dann well for profits. 1 tennis court for 1100 plus dwellers.wow...no visitor lots...

best part? The floorplan has a few printing errors..nonexistent 2 bedders..erroneous layouts..n site plan too!!

Amazing ...HB was saying he couldn't imagine anyone would commit when developer did such a sloppy job. Wait end up like buyers of The Aristo.

I just found some of the rules for developers

For example, "developers are to make available the price list of units in a project at least 2 days before the launch of the project. The launch date of a project refers to the first day when units are made available for sale to prospective home including previews or any other occasion which may take place before the official launch of the project."

However, my agent did not give me the price list.

The agent wanted me to come down to the show flat on 7 Mar (Sat) am, the launch day, to view the price list.

I got to know the price only after the start of the draw in the waiting area. The prices are only for selected units which I asked for and he took some time to revert as he needs to check with his colleague inside the showflat.

Is this the norm?

Is this ethical?

For those who have bought on Sat am without viewing the price list 2 days before the launch", what should we do???

Can we "return" the units???
    Last edited by condo8888; 10-03-15 at 21:05.

Quote Originally Posted by condo8888 View Post

For example, "developers are to make available the price list of units in a project at least 2 days before the launch of the project. The launch date of a project refers to the first day when units are made available for sale to prospective home including previews or any other occasion which may take place before the official launch of the project."

The agent wanted me to come down to the show flat on 7 Mar (Sat) am, the launch day, to view the price list.

I got to know the price only after the start of the draw in the waiting area. The prices are only for selected units which I asked for and he took some time to revert as he needs to check with his colleague inside the showflat.

Is this the norm?

Is this ethical?

For those who have bought on Sat am without viewing the price list 2 days before the launch", what should we do???

Prepare to forfeit 1.25% of the purchase price for aborting as you signed off the PDI form first and OTP next.

Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    Prepare to forfeit 1.25% of the purchase price for aborting as you signed off the PDI form first and OTP next.
    Thanks for the advice. 1.25% is about $12,500 for a $1mil property.

On the requirement for the developer to release price list 2 days before the launch of the project, I subsequently found that it is one of the few proposals put up by URA in 2011.

Was it eventually accepted? <Most of the other proposals are accepted>

I know for ECs, the price list is released at least 2 days before the launch.

How about private condos, is the price list also released 2 days before the launch?

I'm a newbie here...

Is this the norm?

Is this ethical?

So u still wanna buy? Haven't buy yet u already feel uneasy. Buy already will u feel better? Pre sales service already not up to ur std. U think post sales service will get better? U still have a choice now. Ball is in ur court. It's ur call.

Thanks for the advice. 1.25% is about $12,500 for a $1mil property.

On the requirement for the developer to release price list 2 days before the launch of the project, I subsequently found that it is one of the few proposals put up by URA in 2011.

Was it eventually accepted? <Most of the other proposals are accepted>

I know for ECs, the price list is released at least 2 days before the launch.

How about private condos, is the price list also released 2 days before the launch?

I'm a newbie here...
    Its not a requirements for prices to be release 2 days prior to launch day for private. Anyway prices was shown to you, thats why you booked and the price was written on OTP clearly before you sign, so no case but to forfeit the 1.25%.

In psf, it is rather high in today's buyer market.

Even the very small 96 sq m 4-room starts from $1.1 mil.

Some agents advertised earlier that it starts from $9XX,XXX.

Is this misleading?

Terrace and semi d units all sold...