Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: North Park Residences

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies View Post
    Looks cheap for an integrated development, if there is no LTV/ABSD limitation, will have bought 1 to keep.
    Hillion & Watertown with many units went above $1600+

Hillier not even integrated with ITH and much smaller mall - $1700 +

despite the highest land price among these listed above, top end psf $1500+

together with other amenities nearby, indicative prices look attractive

pg 7, got 1 auntie in purple super happy. can't see her eyes.

Wah....if tis yishun integrated is such a Hugh crowd,.... and can sell at $1400 psf ...The next one at potong pasir mrt integrated project will be v strong, near to city also, above 1.5k psf ....congrats to tose who have bought Nin, senette

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888 View Post
    Hillion & Watertown with many units went above $1600+

Hillier not even integrated with ITH and much smaller mall - $1700 +

despite the highest land price among these listed above, top end psf $1500+

together with other amenities nearby, indicative prices look attractive
    There wasn't that many units in Watertown that went for above $1600 psf. The highest achieved was a Sky Patio in Feb 2012 that sold for $1654 psf.

Bad Feng shui to stay in integrated development.

Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy View Post
    Bad Feng shui to stay in integrated development.
    Y Leh? Kindly educate us.

Home is a place to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy View Post
    Home is a place to rest.
    Ah. That's assuming the buyers r buying a home to rest and not to invest lah.

Less competition from those who believe in Feng Shui

u save time on travelling, shopping, eating, den more time to rest lor...
    Ong lai ah!

Hear from the developers themselves...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KHDiSbqqNM&t=37

Quote Originally Posted by Duff_Beer View Post
    Hear from the developers themselves...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KHDiSbqqNM&t=37
    The developers got a stake in it mah. Best to hear from an unbiased impartial neutral non stakeholder.

Showflat will be opened on...

19/3 Thu 5pm-8pm
    20/3 Fri 12pm-8pm
    21/3 Sat 10am-8pm
    22/3 Sun 10am-8pm
    23/3 Mon 12pm-8pm

Official word is that TOP is 2020. Streetdirectory.com put it at 2018. I wonder where that website get their info from.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/gove...r-lee-kuan-yew

Several events postponed as a mark of respect for Lee Kuan Yew

A HANDFUL of business events that were originally planned for this week have been postponed as a mark of respect for Singapore's founding father, the late Lee Kuan Yew, who passed away on Monday morning.

Thailand's Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha has postponed his visit to Singapore this week, according to a statement from Singapore's Ministry for Foreign Affairs.

At the invitation of Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, General Prayuth was originally scheduled to make his first official visit to Singapore from Tuesday to Wednesday to attend the Singapore-Thailand Leaders' Retreat.

But both sides had agreed to postpone the visit in view of the condition of Singapore's founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew, the statement said.

The visit will be resumed at a mutually convenient time, it added.

Elsewhere, Frasers Centrepoint Limited has delayed the launch of its development, North Park Residences. The project, which has been touted as the largest integrated development in Singapore's north, was originally slated to open for sales this weekend.

The Business Times Leadership Conference 2015, which is jointly organised by The Embassy of the Netherlands and The Business Times, has also been rescheduled from this Wednesday to March 31.

Lee Kuan Yew was 91 when he passed away at the Singapore General Hospital at 3.18am on Monday. Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Monday declared a period of national mourning from March 23 to March 29.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/gove...ark-of-respect

Host of events in Singapore postponed as mark of respect

Cancellations stream in from Monday afternoon, as organisers defer to period of national mourning

25 Mar5:50 AM
    Singapore

NUMEROUS events - including official functions and the Business Times Leadership Conference - that were originally planned for this week have been postponed as a mark of respect for the late Lee Kuan Yew, Singapore's founding father, who died on Monday morning.

Malaysian property company EcoWorld was quick to postpone the Tuesday launch of its gallery in Singapore. Husni Zai Yaacob, the high commissioner of Malaysia to Singapore, is the event's intended guest-of-honour. The company has yet to confirm a new launch date.

Frasers Centrepoint also delayed the official sales launch of its development, North Park Residences. The project, which has been touted as the largest integrated development in Singapore's north, was originally slated to open for sales this weekend but will now be pushed back to April 3 "in deference to the passing of Mr Lee Kuan Yew", a company spokesman said.

Also postponed is the Business Times Leadership Conference 2015, which is jointly organised by the Dutch embassy and this newspaper. The event has been pushed from this Wednesday to March 31.

The Institute of Service Excellence at the Singapore Management University has also deferred a Friday results forum for releasing its latest Customer Satisfaction Index of Singapore scores. In its place, it will announce the scores on April 2 and will conduct a breakfast roundtable on April 17.

Elsewhere, fashion label Kate Spade New York has rescheduled the grand opening of its Marina Bay Sands boutique, which was originally planned for Thursday. "We are deeply saddened by the passing of the honourable founding Prime Minister, Mr Lee Kuan Yew," a Kate Spade spokeswoman said.

Travel Revolution 2015, the rival fair to Natas Travel, has been postponed from March 27-29 to April 3-5.

NTUC FairPrice has also cancelled its charity walk this Sunday, joining the nation "in mourning the loss of Singapore's first Prime Minister, Mr Lee Kuan Yew", a company statement read. However, the FairPrice Foundation will still be donating S$150 to charity for each of the 8,000 registered participants, as well as all proceeds from participation fees.

The string of event cancellations started to stream in on Monday afternoon. Mr Lee was 91 when he passed away at the Singapore General Hospital at 3.18am on Monday. He had been hospitalised since Feb 5 for severe pneumonia and was later put on life support. A seven-day period of national mourning has been declared.

The Esplanade was among the first few to announce changes to its plans, cancelling at least 24 non-ticketed performances, and one ticketed performance - Virtuosos of Chinese Music. The National University of Singapore (NUS) has also called off five of its Arts Festival performances taking place between this Wednesday and Sunday.

Marina Bay Sands' daily 13-minute light and water show, Wonder Full, at the Event Plaza has been turned off until next Monday; while a spokesman from Resorts World Sentosa said "resort-wide events and activities will be cancelled or toned down".

In the food and beverage industry, Makansutra has postponed a media conference for the World Street Food Congress 2015, which was scheduled to take place on Tuesday morning. The event itself however, will still run from April 8-12.

Food festival Savour, on the other hand, intends to go on as planned this weekend, with the exception of the cancellation of its Sunday lunch session when the state funeral is taking place. A post on their Facebook page on Monday afternoon read: "Echoing PM Lee's message this morning, we intend to honour Mr Lee Kuan Yew's spirit by doing our utmost to deliver an event of which Singaporeans can be proud."

Jeremy Monteiro's Shanghai Jazz Project shows with Jasmine Chen on Thursday and Friday at The Arts House's Chamber will also proceed as planned but the shows will be slightly altered to keep the mood "sentimental". Evergreen Chinese ballads like Lover's Tears and The Moon Represents My Heart - which were popular during the era when Mr Lee was a young man, will be performed; as well as Mr Monteiro's jazzy rendition of One People, One Nation, One Singapore. As a mark of respect, Mr Lee's seat in the former Parliamentary Chamber will be left vacant; and the performers and audience will observe a minute of silence followed by a minute of applause.

Thailand's prime minister Prayuth Chan-o-cha was originally scheduled to make his first official visit to Singapore from Tuesday to Wednesday to attend the Singapore-Thailand Leaders' Retreat. This has now been postponed, according to the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.

I am one of those who visited the showflat...wanted to buy one unit, but eventually decided against it...based on simple maths calculation..

imagine buying even the cheapest unit which is a studio..price is around S$600K+...around 400+ sqft,...with ABSD and BSD, ...close to 700K..

rental prospect?...2K per month would be very good liao..look around the area..tons of HDB flats for tenants to choose from...bigger and cheaper..want the amenities?..just walk over.

not forgetting....maintenance..maybe $200 - $250..

property tax...maybe $200-300 per month.

so net rent is $1.5k....i calculated around 2.5% p.a. and we are not even counting in interest if borrowing from bank (none if assume is an all cash deal) and agent fees, minor reno and service etc...

2.5% net rental returns used to be a good deal when banks IR are low and deposits earned almost nothing and cost of borrowing is super low.

Bank interest rates are going up slowly,..today's Fixed Deposit rate will go up over the next few months along with increase in SIBOR...its already happening...bank of china is offering around 1.7% p.a. for FD.

so hitting 2.5% p.a. with bank deposits would be reachable in due time..so no real need to park idle cash in properties anymore...

capital gains?...do note that any capital gains is tied to how much is the rental returns vs the cost of capital,..i.e. the person buying from you will do his own calculation also...it would not be spectacular...i reckon at most $100K for that small studio if the market is good at TOP time (i.e. if the macro economic factors improves for properties - no more immigration tightening, no more cooling measures, economy is growing strong, interest rates are low...putting it another way, will we see the spectacular run up like the one from 2008 to 2012?..my personal take..not likely.....thats why prospect of spectacular capital gains is muted.

to me NPR is maciam paying yesterday's land prices for tomorrow's uncertain market prices...location is the Best..no doubt,...but only in Yishun. I would advise going for it if buying for own stay (then again, decent family sized 3 bedroom units are priced beyond what Yishunites can really afford) or if u are really loaded with cash and dont know what to do with it. but if you are thinking of parking idle cash there for rental returns like me, then wait patiently and there will be better alternatives soon (without the tenant headaches). definitely not for people who need to borrow a lot and/or who are investing their 3rd or 4th property (10% ABSD)..

i will give this a miss. all the best to those who are gunning for it.

cheers all.

hi boonlaysg, i guess u r currently staying in boon lay or have stayed in boon lay before? care to share what properties you are holding currently, including own stay? cheers.

Balloting starts now

What is the price like?

Quote Originally Posted by l1127 View Post
    What is the price like?
    1350psf and up for the popular units. Accompanying agents dun have the full price list. Will only know the price for that stack u r interested in upon ur ballot number is called.

Didnt expect the crowd when i headed there.
    Heard from my agent the smaller units sold very fast.

MrTan speaks like agent, are you?
    Anyway, good luck to those buying.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by aceivan View Post
    Didnt expect the crowd when i headed there.
    Heard from my agent the smaller units sold very fast.

MrTan speaks like agent, are you?
    Anyway, good luck to those buying.

Cheers
    Lol. Aceivan, u buying? Too bad I'm not. Hahaha

Ur good luck as in real good luck or "good luck"?

U no hurry to buy, but other people may have their own reasons, not all buy to rent..... Not all need pay 10% absd, ..... It will be interesting to watch how the market unfolds in the next 3 years, hajaha..... I already stuck with 4....... I doubt I can buy anymore, as banks won't want to lend me anymore money

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    U no hurry to buy, but other people may have their own reasons, not all buy to rent..... Not all need pay 10% absd, ..... It will be interesting to watch how the market unfolds in the next 3 years, hajaha..... I already stuck with 4....... I doubt I can buy anymore, as banks won't want to lend me anymore money
    I am stuck with 1 mt Sinai landed and I have problem repricing my loan with my bank standard chartered. I am stuck with sibor floating now.

Real good luck to those buying la.
    As this is for own stay. Was not really disturb whether market nosedive in the next few yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by aceivan View Post
    Real good luck to those buying la.
    As this is for own stay. Was not really disturb whether market nosedive in the next few yrs.
    True. Well said. Really depends what u buy it for.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan View Post
    I am stuck with 1 mt Sinai landed and I have problem repricing my loan with my bank standard chartered. I am stuck with sibor floating now.
    How much did u buy ur mt Sinai landed for?