Thread: Paper Loss in homes in Singapore's north east

Default Paper Loss in homes in Singapore's north east

THE combined value of private and public homes in Singapore's north-east is $396 million less today than when they were bought, a new report has found.

The report by SRX Property sought to calculate the "paper losses" faced by home owners across Singapore, given the recent slide in property prices.

Of the 7,619 Housing Board flats in Sengkang with caveats lodged historically, 46.9 per cent or 3,575 owners would suffer losses if they were to sell at today's estimated market value, SRX Property said.

This calculation is based on the price the owners paid for their homes.

The total amount of paper losses for HDB flats in the area is $164 million, SRX found.

Of the 3,730 HDB flats in Punggol with caveats lodged, 49.6 per cent or 1,849 owners would suffer losses if they sold at today's value - a total paper loss of about $114 million.

As for private homes, out of 3,615 non-landed homes in Seletar, 43.7 per cent or 1,578 are looking at a paper loss totalling $118 million.

The top five projects in the district with the highest percentage of units with paper losses are The Topiary, Seletar Park Residences, Floraville,

- See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/hom....UYOkyX8N.dpuf

News - I chose to report want I want you to know.

Maybe can report when they brought private and public homes in Singapore's north-east from 2006 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post

Maybe can report when they brought private and public homes in Singapore's north-east from 2006 instead.
    Suppose it is not easy for one to stomach losses especially the losses are not caused by economic factors ( the economy is still humming along) , but by policy changes. Of course , this is not reported. People have to read it analytically from the report.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...at-record-lows

Only securities due between a minimum two years and a maximum 30 years and 364 days at the time of purchase will be eligible, and there are other limits on how many bonds can be bought to reach the target of 60 billion euros a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderkind View Post
    Suppose it is not easy for one to stomach losses especially the losses are not caused by economic factors ( the economy is still humming along) , but by policy changes. Of course , this is not reported. People have to read it analytically from the report.
    With the "columbarium" saga and now the report on paper losses on their houses, it has been hard luck for Sengkang's residents. Minister Khaw had tried to undo the fallout on the columbarium 's issue. He gave a good spin with the "butterfly lover" fable. Will he also attempt the same for the "paper losses" ? Will his new fable be " everything is ready... except waiting for the East wind"?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

And analyze on why the property prices dropped, like effects of the property cooling measures?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    And analyze on why the property prices dropped, like effects of the property cooling measures?
    Property price rise and drop are all relative to the date you compare. Compare to 1960 the price of property have raise too high.

Compare to 1996 the price have just raises a bit.

News reporting is about what the reporter want you to know.

Will the property price drop until 2006, then Southbank 2 Bedroom will cost SGD 535,000 for 958 sqft.

Singapore money supply also have to reduce by 250,000 million dollar.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/sing...oney-supply-m2

Recently I read my son CPF statement and begin to understand where part of the printed money go to, he have just completed his 2 year National service.
    Last edited by Arcachon; 08-03-15 at 16:47.

Property is just another form of saving, instead of money in the Bank depreciated by the money printing, it hold it value and appreciate over long term.

Show me any piece of paper currency printed in the 60's and I can assure you the paper currency have lost it value.

My father brought his 3 room HDB for SGD 6,600 and now it value for SGD 300,000 after staying for more than 40 years.

You can build a dam to control the water from flowing but there will be a time the water will overflow.

Many have finally know why their CPF is not enough while other is still thinking why.

http://business.asiaone.com/news/per...e-silver-years
    Last edited by Arcachon; 08-03-15 at 16:58.