Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 小红点 (新加坡) Little Red Dot (Singapore). 向李光耀致敬 - 白振华. Tribute to Lee Kuan Yew

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post

A fair and equitable law should not differentiate whether you are a GREAT MAN or not or whether you are doing something for a GREAT MAN or not before the judge decide whether you are guilty of an offence, if that action is indeed an offence.
    That I agree.

The way you are saying is that if a commoner commit a crime, it is an offence.
    If the emperor or some GREAT MAN commit the same crime or somebody commit a crime for the benefit of a GREAT MAN, it is not an offence?

I don't believe law in a fair and equitable and democratic country is like that................
    Please don't "twist" my words. There are always some exceptional for certain occasions. For eg.
    1) celebration at Orchard Road once a month. People litter the floor with tissue papers, drinks etc, did anybody get charged and why the celebration still carry on?

2) 7th month - some people still burning the incense paper on the floor or grass patch, so far ever heard of people get charged during this month and why this type of habit still carry on?

3) When one of the family's member die, some of them has it held at the ground floor of their HDB flats and throw the incense paper all over the floor one night before the funeral and on the actual day of the funeral, ever heard that they get charged?

法律也有人情味的。
    Last edited by irisng; 04-04-15 at 09:48.

Ok, regarding this case:

"(3) 5 or more people (6 PAP activists) together do something (to distribute flyers) is NOT an offence and DOES NOT CONSTITUTE "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY"?? "

1) Police report had been made!
    2) Identity of the leader had been identified!

Above 2 criteria had been fulfilled! (wah, nowadays police not pro-active, must furnish them above 2 criteria then they investigate????)

Not only that, NEW EVIDENCE of photo showing all those people (photo shows 6 people) distributing flyers had appeared!

So, only waiting for Police to report back on their investigation..........

So far, the Police has been shown to be very efficient, for example they only took 4 days to bring Amos Yee to court! That is REALLY SUPER FAST!
    So, could the Police be very efficient in above case regarding possibly "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY" as well and let us know the investigation results and provide clarifications on queries from the people about above mentioned case?

HMMMM APPARENTLY SOME BLUE COLOR DRESSED EX LAWYERS ARE HAVE ALSO BEEN GOING AROUND GIVING OUT FLY PAPER. AND THAT GANG HAVE SO MANY LAWYERS. WHY ARE THEY SILENT??? WHY WHY?? CAN YOU TELL ME WHY?? WHY THEY NOT CHARGED ALSO SINCE LIKE YOU SAY??? WHY?? OHHH FORGOT YOU ARE A LIAR!!!!! GO READ THE CHARGE LAZY !!!!! OR NO YOU JUST WANT TO TWIST THE TRUTH ????
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

minority,
    We all know you are the biggest LIAR here, and always try to mislead and cheat us! Please answer the following queries about your allegation first:

1) Are the blue color dressed ex lawyers distributing flyers during General Election period?
    If so, the laws allow it right?

2) If they are distributing flyers NOT during General Election period, do you have photo evidence of them showing that all 5 or more of them are together in the photo distributing flyers?
    If so, please make a police report.
    The police protocol seems to be that somebody must make a police report before they will investigate.
    I believe the police will be very efficient to deal with them as a case of "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY" right?
    Isn't this the case with the Funan debt collectors whom have been charged with "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY" very quickly?????

However, until now, we still do not have clarification from the relevant authority as to why the 6 PAP activists together do something without permit is NOT CONSIDERED "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY" despite the fact that a Police report and query has been made.
    It would help very much if they can come out to clarify to avoid any misunderstanding here!

We can't rely on you to clarify and give us a satisfactory reply since you are the biggest liar here and only know how to mislead and beat around the bush!
    You declaring yourself as a PAP supporter is a big blemish and disgrace to PAP since you are totally different from genuine PAP spirit - You have totally ZERO INTEGRITY, HONESTY, and is a SCOUNDREL!

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    HMMMM APPARENTLY SOME BLUE COLOR DRESSED EX LAWYERS ARE HAVE ALSO BEEN GOING AROUND GIVING OUT FLY PAPER. AND THAT GANG HAVE SO MANY LAWYERS. WHY ARE THEY SILENT??? WHY WHY?? CAN YOU TELL ME WHY?? WHY THEY NOT CHARGED ALSO SINCE LIKE YOU SAY??? WHY?? OHHH FORGOTYOU ARE A LIAR!!!!! GO READ THE CHARGE LAZY !!!!! OR NO YOU JUST WANT TO TWIST THE TRUTH ????

法律也有人情味的?
    I thought Laws are based fairness and equity, and treat everybody the same, and not because of other reason like you or the judge think otherwise contrary to what has been written in the law concrete in black and white? May be what you are referring to are those actions that falls into grey areas?

If all the cases you mentioned were brought to court, the people guilty of doing those actions which are really against the law will NOT BE GUILTY? I don't think so! May be the sentence will be lighter, BUT definitely no declared as "NOT GUILTY"!

My opinion that why those people were not charged is because of a combination of below reasons:
    1) Nobody make a police report or because police didn't nab the culprit.
    2) The culprit has not been identified.
    3) There needs to be evidence (e.g. photos, video, reliable witnesses etc) to nail down the offence on the culprit.
    4) Nobody has been convicted of the SAME OFFENCE before and they have just been let off by the Police / law enforcement officers with warning not to repeat the offence before. (and nobody make a Police report subsequently to protest police / law enforcer action).

However, if there are precedence that some people do something had been charged, e.g. "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY" for seemingly not serious/no harmful actions, then it is only fair the same CHARGES be brought to subsequent cases (what lawyers say "case law")!

E.g., Funan centre debt collectors, opposition activists, all 5 or more people gather to do something (didn't harm anybody) without permit BUT had been charged with "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY", then we would find it strange that why the same thing like 6 PAP activists gather to do something without permit have not been charged with "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY"??????

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    That I agree.

Please don't "twist" my words. There are always some exceptional for certain occasions. For eg.
    1) celebration at Orchard Road once a month. People litter the floor with tissue papers, drinks etc, did anybody get charged and why the celebration still carry on?

2) 7th month - some people still burning the incense paper on the floor or grass patch, so far ever heard of people get charged during this month and why this type of habit still carry on?

3) When one of the family's member die, some of them has it held at the ground floor of their HDB flats and throw the incense paper all over the floor one night before the funeral and on the actual day of the funeral, ever heard that they get charged?

法律也有人情味的。

法律也有人情味的?

However, if there are precedence that some people do something had been charged, e.g. "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY" for seemingly not serious/no harmful actions, then it is only fair the same CHARGES be brought to subsequent cases (what lawyers say "case law")!

E.g., Funan centre debt collectors, opposition activists, all 5 or more people gather to do something (didn't harm anybody) without permit BUT had been charged with "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY", then we would find it strange that why the same thing like 6 PAP activists gather to do something without permit have not been charged with "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY"??????
    I can't really answer your question because my law knowledge is really very very very limited. What I can think of is the intention behind the "unlawful assembly". If everytime there are 5 or more people gather together eg students or volunteers asking for charity donation or friends gather together and drink in the public places, is it they will get charged also? So I think policeman will check more thoroughly on suspected gathering only, if not for other "unlawful assembly" maybe will just give them some warning.

Sounds like that "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY" law is illogical or can have too much subjective interpretation?

But we also know that in those cases, you also need the following before the Police charge those people for "UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY":
    1) A Police report must be made by at least 1 individual. (What I am not sure is: Can a police made a police report of the incident themselves rather than a member of the public?)
    2) The people in question must be identified. (If the police can made a police report of the incident themselves, then the police can round up the people involved immediately and (2) of checking the people's identify becomes chicken-feet).
    3) The Police take enforcement action.

In all those of your cases mentioned, if (1) and (2) is not present, then (3) will not happen.

However, for the PAP activists case, (1) and (2) are already present, but (3) didn't happen. May be they would want to clarify?
    After all, the PAP activists' case looks very similar to the Funan Centre debt collectors' case to me, but those debt collectors had already been charged!

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    I can't really answer your question because my law knowledge is really very very very limited. What I can think of is the intention behind the "unlawful assembly". If everytime there are 5 or more people gather together eg students or volunteers asking for charity donation or friends gather together and drink in the public places, is it they will get charged also? So I think policeman will check more thoroughly on suspected gathering only, if not for other "unlawful assembly" maybe will just give them some warning.
    Last edited by teddybear; 05-04-15 at 23:12.