Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Parc SeaBreeze (D15, Freehold, Tiong Aik)

There are too many condos launched in shoe box size but not everyone goes for it.
    Last edited by Shawn; 20-02-12 at 19:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    The Cape vs amber residences
    Well u cant compare these 2. The Cape was launched last year whereas Amber Residences was launched years back. Price psf was much much different and cheaper then. Its better to compare same period launch project to have a better gauge.

In addition, The Cape is located at a better location compared to Amber Residences which is on a busy road. Even entrance and exit Amber Residences is chaotic. The Cape is less congested while Amber is stacked between lots of condos. There are lots of issues to compare like land size as The Cape has a bigger land area for just 76 units whereas Amber Residences seriously look congested for a big development of more than 114 units.

In addition, The Cape architecture is more promising and regular shape compared to Amber Residences which look more mundane and pale. The land shape for Amber Residence is of an odd slanted rectangle shape making it extremely congested to fit a building there stacked in the middle between the old Amberglades, Amber Park, 38 Amber, Vertis. Needless to say, every unit is facing a building just like 20-30 metres away from it.

I guess when u talk about Amber itself, it varies depending on which part of Amber it is.

I am only trying to show an example of 500-600psf which is quite suitable for case study purposes.

Whether parc seabreeze will be pulled up by future launches with smaller unit configuration

I am only trying to show an example of 500-600psf which is quite suitable for case study purposes.

Whether parc seabreeze will be pulled up by future launches with smaller unit configuration
    You are right developer can make more $$ if they launch MM units at prime district 15 like Amber and Marine Parade Road. But then again, some of the buyers profile for this location would prefer bigger units thats why we see the popularity of big-sized unit condos in Meyer Road.

As far as we can see, D15 is a very popular district for residence, and its price psf does not swing drastically compared to other speculative locations like Balestier, Orchard, City areas.

Do you think the psf price will be pushed up further with the announcement of the marine parade mrt station? Did the katong mall pushed up the price recently? If the answer is yes, then there may be upside potential going forward

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wong
    Do you think the psf price will be pushed up further with the announcement of the marine parade mrt station? Did the katong mall pushed up the price recently? If the answer is yes, then there may be upside potential going forward
    your answer is 'cryptic' leh. the obvious answer from an owner's perspective is yes but the real issue is - will a prospective buyer pay more than $2m for a condo unit (which is the equivalent of a terrace unit in TK)?

The Cape vs amber residences
    I had the impression that this particular discussion was on projects that have not TOPed with a disparity of 500-600 psf?

Anyway, lets not speculate and wait for the announcements of the new launch and ERL patiently.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    your answer is 'cryptic' leh. the obvious answer from an owner's perspective is yes but the real issue is - will a prospective buyer pay more than $2m for a condo unit (which is the equivalent of a terrace unit in TK)?
    I know what you mean bro but you can't really compare a condo unit with landed. In my area, people buy 5-6 mil condo units when the IT and CT are going for 4-5 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    I know what you mean bro but you can't really compare a condo unit with landed. In my area, people buy 5-6 mil condo units when the IT and CT are going for 4-5 mil.
    bcoz condos free flow for foreigners mah.....

rules of the game had changed hor.....

wow, where is this area of yours where a condo is more expensive than a landed unit? assuming that both are of equal size eh?

wow, where is this area of yours where a condo is more expensive than a landed unit? assuming that both are of equal size eh?
    orchard lor....where else

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    orchard lor....where else
    pardon me being a mountain tortise.....but why would a landed be cheaper than a condo unit in town, other than foreigners having limited access to landed properties?! unless u are using the marq as a yardstick?

pardon me being a mountain tortise.....but why would a landed be cheaper than a condo unit in town, other than foreigners having limited access to landed properties?! unless u are using the marq as a yardstick?
    possible wat....

he nvr say comparing wat size leh

can be smallest IT in orchard area vs BIG BIG condos like ardmore park?

landed built in vs condo built in cud be the similar but condo cost more....y not....like verte PH cost more den IT in TK rite?

Core D9. Condo psf is higher than landed psf.

If I compare the landed psf in my area behind Lucky Plaza, the last done IT at Jalan Kayu Manis is $2576 psf with a land size of 1650 sqft vs the last done TOR across the road at $3600 psf with a strata size of 2465 sqft. You decide.
    Last edited by bullman; 21-02-12 at 08:24.

possible wat....

he nvr say comparing wat size leh

can be smallest IT in orchard area vs BIG BIG condos like ardmore park?

landed built in vs condo built in coz be the same but condo cost more....y not....like verte PH cost more den IT in TK rite?
    eh already put up a disclaimer to say that must compare equal size units....

bcoz condos free flow for foreigners mah.....

rules of the game had changed hor.....
    You are back bro. been bargain hunting over the past few weeks? Or more like a quiet reflection moving forward.

eh already put up a disclaimer to say that must compare equal size units....
    dun understand leh....

landed built in shd be comparable to 2k+ sqft rite?

You are back bro. been bargain hunting over the past few weeks? Or more like a quiet reflection moving forward.
    i will only touch SG ppty again once cm4 and 5 REMOVED

however i still got visit showflats.....my hobby mah....tcss wif agts too....hehehe

PAP is double cfm gearing towards populist liao hor.....u see latest budget......

i will only touch SG ppty again once cm4 and 5 REMOVED

however i still got visit showflats.....my hobby mah....tcss wif agts too....hehehe

PAP is double cfm gearing towards populist liao hor.....u see latest budget......
    Yes. I tend to agree with you. The foreign big players are all gone after the latest CM. I see the smaller players moving towards the 4xx , 5xx and 6xx k new launches as the 10% ASD is more acceptable to them.

Prices are pretty stagnant moving forward, so there are many opportunities for everyone to board the boat.

Yes. I tend to agree with you. The foreign big players are all gone after the latest CM. I see the smaller players moving towards the 4xx , 5xx and 6xx k new launches as the 10% ASD is more acceptable to them.

Prices are pretty stagnant moving forward, so there are many opportunities for everyone to board the boat.
    even MM new launches psf stagnant/softening liao....no more record breaking.....

guillemard edge 1250psf whereas cosmo across the road oredi tx 1650psf lor for similar size......shdnt be such a big discount for the address rite? LOL

Anybody hear anything about the lawsuit between The Seaview vs developer? Both are done by same contractor (Tiong Aik); including Coralis.

According to the Straits Times, complaints also included shoddy workmanship and bad smells in the units.
    Floor traps and pipes in the kitchen were not installed properly, leading to food waste being stuck in the pipes, resulting in foul smells and flies in the units.
    In addition, the estate's water bill for common areas once spiked to about $20,000 a month, from $4,000.

I can understand if quality on finishes is substandard but how to live in smelly unit everyday? I think no tenant would want to live in it too.

Hope history does not repeat itself.

Quote Originally Posted by HCJH
    Anybody hear anything about the lawsuit between The Seaview vs developer? Both are done by same contractor (Tiong Aik); including Coralis.

According to the Straits Times, complaints also included shoddy workmanship and bad smells in the units.
    Floor traps and pipes in the kitchen were not installed properly, leading to food waste being stuck in the pipes, resulting in foul smells and flies in the units.
    In addition, the estate's water bill for common areas once spiked to about $20,000 a month, from $4,000.

I can understand if quality on finishes is substandard but how to live in smelly unit everyday? I think no tenant would want to live in it too.

Hope history does not repeat itself.
    there are 4 parties named in the complaint so can't be sure what's wrong

even MM new launches psf stagnant/softening liao....no more record breaking.....

guillemard edge 1250psf whereas cosmo across the road oredi tx 1650psf lor for similar size......shdnt be such a big discount for the address rite? LOL
    Cosmo above 4th floor unblocked view. Many units got marina bay and city view plus fireworks view. GE how to compare? Maybe Nicole Green. But this 99LH and older.

Worried, as Parc Seabreeze's developer and main contractor is the same "Tiong Aik".

Went to take a look at their finishing product last weekend and to my horror, the void level 2, 3 and 4 below stack 05/06 has all the big big pipes exposed in full view of any passerby!!!! How could this happen? I suppose all pipes should be concealed for condos unlike the HDBs??

Or at least there should be some designed raillings to camouflage those huge pipings.

Worried, as Parc Seabreeze's developer and main contractor is the same "Tiong Aik".

Went to take a look at their finishing product last weekend and to my horror, the void level 2, 3 and 4 below stack 05/06 has all the big big pipes exposed in full view of any passerby!!!! How could this happen? I suppose all pipes should be concealed for condos unlike the HDBs??

Or at least there should be some designed raillings to camouflage those huge pipings.
    are u vested in the development then?

I think these two years count as high construction cost era so a lot of them do away with non essentials such
    as what you mentioned. I am starting to really believe when a project chooses to TOP will also affect its value... I think Citylights also right? First floor super elevated can clearly see all the running piping etc...

Really? I have not seen any condo with this design. Even mass market project is properly if not beautifully done. I would consider Parc Seabreeze a mid end to high end project considering the price we have to pay > $1.5mil condo !!!

The finishing product looks like a barely $1.2mil-$1.3mil rental apartment instead (of course taking into account of its location).

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wong
    The answer is obvious. Price will go up but will solidify this year before the next up cycle.

In addition, prime D15 location like Amber, Meyer and Marine Parade will always call a higher price compared to many other districts. This has been proven throughout the past 20 years. This location is extremely popular with locals as well as foreigners.

Did u get to see the finishings & fittings in the development? I thought it should be of good quality & standard!
    Any idea when is the top?

I noticed the prices of a few projects at Meyer Road TOP 1 or 2 years back the caveat dropped one transaction after another and it is of high end market and expensive fittings and finishes.