Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: High Park Residences from 3xxk?

thx bro

Basically the studios are like a hotel room.

Recently there is this trend of selling void spaces as if they exist. Have seen it in a few projects including this one.

But actually these void spaces are just higher ceilings that are very hard to be used.

I wonder if these void spaces are included in the total GFA allowed for the project.

Anyone feel the same way?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

If they do not count the void spaces, it will only result in an inflated PSF price. In the end, the price of the unit will be the same.

High ceilings offers that unique feel and is only available at the top floor units. Many includes furniture decks as well.

I drove past High Park Residences and there's quite a crowd there.

Can't tell if more agents or more customers.

Quote Originally Posted by alfanutz View Post
    I drove past High Park Residences and there's quite a crowd there.

Can't tell if more agents or more customers.
    I was there. Think should be 50 50. Just submitted my cheque for studio. Don't know if I should buy for investment and capital appreciation

Any comments about this project. Looks like not a very popular project

key selling point i find is the low quantum and psf ...but at the back of a declining general market... its hard to make it a very attractive buy when u can patiently wait for bargains at the near horizon i feel

Quote Originally Posted by highboy View Post
    If they do not count the void spaces, it will only result in an inflated PSF price. In the end, the price of the unit will be the same.

High ceilings offers that unique feel and is only available at the top floor units. Many includes furniture decks as well.
    high ceilings are also there for the older freehold condos i feel or those old freehold apartments ...better locations out there as compared to this current project location no ?

Riverbank @ Fernvale might be another interesting project to look up too.

Below $1,000psf Average
    North-South Orientation For All 4 Blocks
    Functional, Flexible & Efficient layout: Movable Dining Table, Extendable Kitchen Worktop
    Developed By UOL Group Limited - Winner of President’s Design Award 2013

Hi, anyone going for the balloting on Friday? What constitutes a good buy for an investment in terms of psf? Looking at 2rm/3rm. Thanks.

Any idea how many cheques were collected for this project?

Quote Originally Posted by 2824 View Post
    Any idea how many cheques were collected for this project?
    Last I saw on some website was that over 3000 cheques collected but many are for the small units.

Quote Originally Posted by SSPG View Post
    Hi, anyone going for the balloting on Friday? What constitutes a good buy for an investment in terms of psf? Looking at 2rm/3rm. Thanks.
    Hi, I am going for balloting tomorrow too but the news as of now isn't pretty. As of today, there's a developer "associates" preview booking currently going on where only those whom are invited are allowed to book ahead of tomorrow's so-called VVIP preview launch. I just got this news from my agent that the 2Br deluxe (2D5 floor plan) at Blk 31, 8th floor is selling for $640K (@ $1011 psf). Looks pricey to me and this might burst my budget of 650K as I'm too looking at 2Br deluxe (2D3 floor plan) for staying.

A Good buy for an investment requires some diligence in doing your homework as I take it that you intend to rent out. Be wary of a lack of tenants due to over-supply in the Sengkang region i.e. projects such as Riverbanks, Rivertrees, H2O Residences. Remember, tenants can afford to be picky as the tagline for the other projects also quoted their close proximity to the nearby amenities such as Seletar Mall. On top of that, if you're buying it as an investment, you should do your sums wisely to sustain at least 6 months without rental income and yet still able to pay off the mortgage. Today's news just announced that Janet Yellen of Fed Reserve will be increasing the interest rate which some people estimate the increments to be 2 quarter-point increase. So factoring that in which assuming SIBOR increases from the current 0.82 to 1.32, will the mortgage loan still be serviceable if assuming under duress whereby there are no tenants for 6 months?

How possible is to have no tenants for 6 months? It's all about pricing

Quote Originally Posted by homeworld76 View Post
    Hi, I am going for balloting tomorrow too but the news as of now isn't pretty. As of today, there's a developer "associates" preview booking currently going on where only those whom are invited are allowed to book ahead of tomorrow's so-called VVIP preview launch. I just got this news from my agent that the 2Br deluxe (2D5 floor plan) at Blk 31, 8th floor is selling for $640K (@ $1011 psf). Looks pricey to me and this might burst my budget of 650K as I'm too looking at 2Br deluxe (2D3 floor plan) for staying.

A Good buy for an investment requires some diligence in doing your homework as I take it that you intend to rent out. Be wary of a lack of tenants due to over-supply in the Sengkang region i.e. projects such as Riverbanks, Rivertrees, H2O Residences. Remember, tenants can afford to be picky as the tagline for the other projects also quoted their close proximity to the nearby amenities such as Seletar Mall. On top of that, if you're buying it as an investment, you should do your sums wisely to sustain at least 6 months without rental income and yet still able to pay off the mortgage. Today's news just announced that Janet Yellen of Fed Reserve will be increasing the interest rate which some people estimate the increments to be 2 quarter-point increase. So factoring that in which assuming SIBOR increases from the current 0.82 to 1.32, will the mortgage loan still be serviceable if assuming under duress whereby there are no tenants for 6 months?
    Did u get a unit?
    The prices for 2br with decent facing seems pricy. It's around $1000 Psf. its not exactly near to the aerospace hub. However, the agent mentioned about capital gain from the buy but there's hardly any historic data to support.
    3br prices seemed reasonable but its off budget for me.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie11 View Post
    How possible is to have no tenants for 6 months? It's all about pricing
    That's why we call it worst-case scenario. Remember the last crisis took a year before it started tapering off. Our government had to dip into the reserves before the economy started recovery in late 2009.

Pricing will only get you this far. You need to see for yourself the rental market and the audience you're targeting. Eg. Condo market usually try to aim professionals, expats, foreign students. These are in limited supply mind you. If you've looked at the recent figures, it doesn't paint you a rosy picture at all and most condo rentals are bleeding. If the owners price their rentals too low, they hurt their own ability to repay the mortgage loans. Please bear in mind, Janet Yellen had announced just a few days ago, interest rates will creep up. This will affect your mortgage loans.

On the other hand, HDB rentals are still going strong. Based on what I'm seeing, the support base is there. Of course, the audience they attract could be your typical Malaysian chef from the nearby eateries in the shopping malls or even chap chye png chef in the kopi-tiams renting the HDB. So there you have it, rentals hardly drop at all if assuming the HDB location is decent. Don't believe go check out HDB website for the market rentals :

http://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/B...2PSearch.faces

I'm speaking from experience after helping my Mom to rent out her HDB rooms which is not in a fantastic location but still decent.

Quote Originally Posted by SSPG View Post
    Did u get a unit?
    The prices for 2br with decent facing seems pricy. It's around $1000 Psf. its not exactly near to the aerospace hub. However, the agent mentioned about capital gain from the buy but there's hardly any historic data to support.
    3br prices seemed reasonable but its off budget for me.
    I didn't manage to get. The queueing system is not very transparent and certain agents have all their ballot numbers of their clients called while mine can wait until the cow comes home and I don't get called. In the end, the units I wanted are sold. So I walked away after deliberating for some time in the thinking box. The agents were trying their best to convince me to buy the units which I don't want. Upgrading to a 3 bedder did cross my mind but I have to think of the interest rates later on that's gonna affect my monthly mortgage repayments , even though I have an IPA from the bank that is within the range of most 3 bedders.

The 2 Br lower floors are near to the average indicative pricing of 960 psf. Higher floors obviously isn't. Capital gain only works if the prices you bought are cheap at that point in time as compared to current pricing. Doesn't mean a person buy high can sell high. Gone are the days where people "flip" within one year in part due to SSD. Case-in-point, look at Kingsford waterbay. Had a person bought a 2Br at launch will now probably experience a drop in their value as the last done transaction is now lower.

Certain properties have more resale value than others. For instance, a 2 Br Rivertrees residences low floor commanded a high premium selling for about $922psf. Now their last done transaction is almost 40K cheaper, whereas a 3 Br apartment at the same development is still experiencing slight growth.

Even ECs like Ecopolitan is not spared. Their almost million dollar 3 Br Cospace has now diminished in value by almost $80K.

At the end of the day, the properties' value depends on many factors. On average, most properties should increase their value as time goes by. Ultimately, it depends on your holding power. Please use SRX X-value to determine the value. I usually look at the floor plan, site plan, key in the apartment numbers into SRX and see for yourself. Another noteworthy website is squarefoot research. This also shows generic data of the project.
    Last edited by homeworld76; 18-07-15 at 09:08.

so many other unsold condos...why u ppl die die must buy this one?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    so many other unsold condos...why u ppl die die must buy this one?
    The answer is very simple. I buy something that is affordable and for staying instead for investment. Obviously, the 2 parameters I look for is vastly different from investment perspectives. Investment parameters such as Net Rental Yield and Cash-on-Return in my opinion is quite weak as far as HPR is concerned after you factored in the operational costs of renting out the condo and assuming if you've the tenants to rent from you.

As for other unsold condos, it's usually they've already achieved capital gains so I'm most unwilling to pay for such condos especially those sold during 2012 and recently TOPed. Of course, we can talk about Rivertrees also giving out $15K discounts for unsold units but these are for those big units that cost above $1Mil and is therefore not within my budget.

So what % sold after 2 full days of preview ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2824 View Post
    So what % sold after 2 full days of preview ?
    Anything 2 Bedders and below should be sold out as of now. Go work-out the %.

Was hoping for leftovers for the 3pm public launch, but nothing left Liao, only big units.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    Really impressive. Applause...

Can smell the winds changing as predicted.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Really impressive. Applause...

Can smell the winds changing as predicted.
    Impressive. Most impressive.

The force is strong with this one.

I sense something…a presence I haven't felt since…

my aunt queued and brought a 2 bedders...8th floor

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    Impressive. Most impressive.

The force is strong with this one.

I sense something…a presence I haven't felt since…
    It strongly signals the underlying willingness to buy.

The only curtailing factor is the ability to buy.

Even that and interest rate is no longer becoming an issue for the masses because of the TDSR buffer.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    my aunt queued and brought a 2 bedders...8th floor
    My friend queued and waited and waited from morning till night for her ballot number to be called and finally bought a 2+study... 17th floor. Not her first choice though. Initial choice is a 2 bedder.

Seems like everyone here will know someone who has bought a unit there...