Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore election 2015

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop View Post
    Govt should remove absd for citizens since tdsr is so effective now.
    Currently must show the oversupply as evidence of sufficient housing for everyone and to stabilize prices.

Remove ABSD, and the real people that Yowetan imagined will snap up all the remaining stock.

After that Govt in trouble again.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    Lots of people take things for granted, forgotten what our government has done so much for Singapore, if not for the effort of government, we will not be what we are today, though there are still some unfortunate ones around but some of the cases, government is not aware of it, it need citizens to help to highlight. To highlight doesn't mean need lots of opposition parties in the Parliament to create argument and blaming the other party, if this is the case, will it turn out to be like Taiwan.

One of our MP pointed out that we are lucky to have separated from Malaysia, if not, we are now Malaysian already. My Malaysia sister-in-law was actually quite angry with this phrase because she said why, "Malaysian very disgracefully meh?". Actually I think what our MP is trying to derive is, government is important, without a good government, the country will be in a mess, just like Malaysia now. He is not looking now on Malaysian or another other foreigners. He is just happy that he is a Singaporean, so do I.

Opposition attacking at the MRT and foreigners. If opposition take over, can they guarantee that the MRT will function well and won't breakdown and will they chase the foreigners away because Singapore is over-populated?
    PAP has shown that in the last 10 years they have not made real good policies and some policies like having large influx of immigrants without having the infra to support this grow shows they have not been forward looking enough. These are some topics that were already debated in the last election. Nothing much has change in the last 4 years in these areas. The current batch of PAP ministers are merely taking over the system of good foundation laid by the pioneer batch of PAP ministers. With no competition, and many of their ministers and candidates coming only from civil service background there is a lack of real diverse talent in the PAP now and resulting in complacency and group think and quite obviously they have seem to be unable to find new breakthroughs. We need new perspectives. They answer might be just right in front of you but the same group of people just fail to see it.

As we all acknowledge our peace, fortune and count our blessings, instead of looking back, looking around, looking out, we should be looking FORWARD.

For those who fail to embrace change will not fail in the long run.

Why rock the boat when the boat isn't sinking? But it might be too slow too late only to react when the boat starts to rock.

As responsible citizens I urge those who stay in constituencies with where opposition is fielding candidates of good calibre to think seriously on giving them an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Lots of things need improvement for current government, and transparency and accountability is top most of them.
    No transparency breeds non-accountability, and when things happen, we non-the-wiser.
    Where large amount of $$ is involved even whiter than white can become grey.

You only need one or two black sheep. The party's values may be of utmost integrity but how can anyone ensure that there is 100 percent integrity. It's as good as saying a police officer will never commit any crime?

It's just too trying for me logically and intellectually when the governing party's sweeping statements on transparency and accountability. Pun intended!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

But there are fear factor being drummed into the citizens, saying that if PAP did not come back to Power, nobody knows how to run the country and Singapore will collapse!

But there is a simple solution:
    For citizens all over Singapore, Just vote WP will do! They will only take up 28 seats max, so PAP will still be in Power! And you have strong co-drivers to watch over and speak up alternative voice for you (PAP MP can't because they are gagged by PAP party whip)!

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    PAP has shown that in the last 10 years they have not made real good policies and some policies like having large influx of immigrants without having the infra to support this grow shows they have not been forward looking enough. These are some topics that were already debated in the last election. Nothing much has change in the last 4 years in these areas. The current batch of PAP ministers are merely taking over the system of good foundation laid by the pioneer batch of PAP ministers. With no competition, and many of their ministers and candidates coming only from civil service background there is a lack of real diverse talent in the PAP now and resulting in complacency and group think and quite obviously they have seem to be unable to find new breakthroughs. We need new perspectives. They answer might be just right in front of you but the same group of people just fail to see it.

As we all acknowledge our peace, fortune and count our blessings, instead of looking back, looking around, looking out, we should be looking FORWARD.

For those who fail to embrace change will not fail in the long run.

Why rock the boat when the boat isn't sinking? But it might be too slow too late only to react when the boat starts to rock.

As responsible citizens I urge those who stay in constituencies with where opposition is fielding candidates of good calibre to think seriously on giving them an opportunity.

Lots of people take things for granted, forgotten what our government has done so much for Singapore, if not for the effort of government, we will not be what we are today, though there are still some unfortunate ones around but some of the cases, government is not aware of it, it need citizens to help to highlight. To highlight doesn't mean need lots of opposition parties in the Parliament to create argument and blaming the other party, if this is the case, will it turn out to be like Taiwan.

One of our MP pointed out that we are lucky to have separated from Malaysia, if not, we are now Malaysian already. My Malaysia sister-in-law was actually quite angry with this phrase because she said why, "Malaysian very disgracefully meh?". Actually I think what our MP is trying to derive is, government is important, without a good government, the country will be in a mess, just like Malaysia now. He is not looking now on Malaysian or another other foreigners. He is just happy that he is a Singaporean, so do I.

Opposition attacking at the MRT and foreigners. If opposition take over, can they guarantee that the MRT will function well and won't breakdown and will they chase the foreigners away because Singapore is over-populated?

before opposition takes over the MRT already breaks down so often .... can PAP guarantee it wont breakdown ?

Since both parties cannot guarantee, then it's a draw.

Any other things that one party can guarantee and the other cannot?

How about foreign affairs and attractiveness to global investors?

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    Assume there is no PAP. Assume WP, NSP, RP, SDP, SingFirst, SPP, SDA and PPP win all the seats in this election.

Which ward do you think will get their old HDB upgrade first?

Carrots and threats are part and parcel of campaign activities. Which party is not doing that?
    Right, even some parents occassionally use threat on their children too. Eg. If you are naughty, I don't want you. If you can pass your exam, I will buy you this and that, or bring you overseas etc etc. Though by using monetary rewards is not a good method for the children but that is the fastest results seen. Then again, some children take for granted for their parents love, parents care too much, they think they are "lo so" or restrict their freedom, parents ignore them, they said parents don't love them, and worst is some children treat their friends better than their parents.

Didn't opposition said if you vote me, I will give $300 monthly to the old people and children. Just wonder where they get the money if they will to do that.

What most citizens want is the peace, harmony and stability of the country and not lots of arguments and fighting around.

And one more thing, if they think what they do is good for the country, why should they form so many opposition party?
    Last edited by irisng; 09-09-15 at 08:11.

But what you said can't be true because firstly, their own people are still using that piece of asset! So facts tell us that it can't be worthless!

Secondly, if the "assets" offered to another party whom they deprived from using, they can still sell for 10x or much more than what they sold to their associates/friends!

Given the above, the CEO deprived their shareholders of getting a fair value for the "assets" and intentionally sold it to his friends/associates at super low price?
    I would think that since it is a public company, that's means it involves the shareholders. Shareholders also have a share of the profit, so if the CEO will to sell way below market value (unless the company is in need of cash or market crisis), is not fair to the shareholders, who know is there any under-table money or not. But if the company completely belong to the CEO, then, that's different, he can do what he likes, afterall it is his money.

In that case, HDB should seek permission from us, because their land to build HDB flats all comes from landlords like us, taken from us under "Compulsory Land Acquisition Act" at a pittance (and significantly below market rate).............

We made great sacrifices and contributed our land that leads to the prosperity and availability of land to build HDB flats, so that >80% of Singaporeans have HDB flats to live, not just the contributions of PAP!
    It needs both hands to clap. If HDB does not come out with the idea or approve to build HDB flats, we will have no chance to contribute like what you claim.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    [/COLOR]

before opposition takes over the MRT already breaks down so often .... can PAP guarantee it wont breakdown ?
    Is because of the often break down, opposition takes this as a debate but did they come up with a solution to solve it. It might be due to human error, technical error or environmental error.

Nobody can guarantee, including the PAP, but can the opposition guarantee if they take over, I don't think so, right? If PAP can guarantee, opposition will not have this opportunity to debate on this topic.

If we revolt and riots, same same, is Lee Kuan Yew going to send the tanks into our land? If so, the PAP government and Lee Kuan Yew will lose their reputation. So they can't!

Therefore, without us allowing government to take over our land peacefully, Singapore will not have the prosperity and most people will still have no HDB flats to live in because government don't have so much land to build HDB flats!

So please give due recognition to all those ex-landlords who had sacrificed their land so that >80% of Singaporeans have their HDB flats to live in.

It needs both hands to clap. If HDB does not come out with the idea or approve to build HDB flats, we will have no chance to contribute like what you claim.

If we revolt and riots, same same, is Lee Kuan Yew going to send the tanks into our land? If so, the PAP government and Lee Kuan Yew will lose their reputation. So they can't!

Therefore, without us allowing government to take over our land peacefully, Singapore will not have the prosperity and most people will still have no HDB flats to live in because government don't have so much land to build HDB flats!

So please give due recognition to all those ex-landlords who had sacrificed their land so that >80% of Singaporeans have their HDB flats to live in.
    As I said, it needs both hands to clap. I give you money, you give me your land (if not, no so many people are hoping their land to be enbloc). If you don't let me have your land, I can't do anything also, then I need to source elsewhere. Govt is not a barbarian, they will turn burn your land and force you to leave.

Sorry, you made a big mistake!

CEO = Town Council Chairman
    Company Shareholders = Town Council's Residents who pay conservation fees (CEO don't even own 0.00000000001% of the company!)
    company owned by CEO's associates/friends = AIM

So now from above you can see, CEO sold software worth >$20 Millions belonging to the company he managed (but don't own) to another company owned by his friends at a few thousand dollars, and hence the Company shareholders in this case lost close to >$20 Million of useful asset!

So you are telling us that this is legal in the commercial world?
    I don't believe this is legal and will not be investigated by CAD/CPIB?
    Anyway, precedent has happened before in other listed companies and the CEO had run away.
    The only difference now is that this CEO has been cleared and he is still walking around yaya papaya!

I would think that since it is a public company, that's means it involves the shareholders. Shareholders also have a share of the profit, so if the CEO will to sell way below market value (unless the company is in need of cash or market crisis), is not fair to the shareholders, who know is there any under-table money or not. But if the company completely belong to the CEO, then, that's different, he can do what he likes, afterall it is his money.

What give us money?
    Your land and property worth $1 Millions and I pay you $10,000 to forcibly take over, you willingly want?
    But that is precisely what happened at that time!
    If you want I can make similar offer to you too!

Please wise up and check the facts!
    Regarding your other comments of what they will do if you refuse to let them take over, please go read history of the dark ages.............

As I said, it needs both hands to clap. I give you money, you give me your land (if not, no so many people are hoping their land to be enbloc). If you don't let me have your land, I can't do anything also, then I need to source elsewhere. Govt is not a barbarian, they will turn burn your land and force you to leave.

Donkey years problem, still being brought up again and again.

All parties evolve. Please look at them using a evolving perspective too.

What give us money?
    Your land and property worth $1 Millions and I pay you $10,000 to forcibly take over, you willingly want?
    But that is precisely what happened at that time!
    If you want I can make similar offer to you too!

Please wise up and check the facts!
    Regarding your other comments of what they will do if you refuse to let them take over, please go read history of the dark ages.............

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill View Post
    Donkey years problem, still being brought up again and again.

All parties evolve. Please look at them using a evolving perspective too.
    What? So this is the donkey year dark secret that some want us to not know & others to forget?

Did LKY mention this in his autobiography or was this event recorded in Singapore history?

Please give a thought to those who had to "give up" acres of land

these people can forgive but easy to forget

Quote Originally Posted by Simi View Post
    Please give a thought to those who had to "give up" acres of land

these people can forgive but easy to forget
    amend

should read as

can forgive but not easy to forget

I think many younger people, including yourself, do not know what was the situation then.
    but I can safely assume those "giving up their land" have signed the dotted line, meaning their have agreed to do that.

without LKY, would the land worth this much?

Quote Originally Posted by heehee View Post
    What? So this is the donkey year dark secret that some want us to not know & others to forget?

Did LKY mention this in his autobiography or was this event recorded in Singapore history?

Sorry, you made a big mistake!

CEO = Town Council Chairman
    Company Shareholders = Town Council's Residents who pay conservation fees (CEO don't even own 0.00000000001% of the company!)
    company owned by CEO's associates/friends = AIM

So now from above you can see, CEO sold software worth >$20 Millions belonging to the company he managed (but don't own) to another company owned by his friends at a few thousand dollars, and hence the Company shareholders in this case lost close to >$20 Million of useful asset!

So you are telling us that this is legal in the commercial world?
    I don't believe this is legal and will not be investigated by CAD/CPIB?
    Anyway, precedent has happened before in other listed companies and the CEO had run away.
    The only difference now is that this CEO has been cleared and he is still walking around yaya papaya!

Lol.. IT software actually appreciate in price after use? u mean u bought window 7 4 yrs ago use it the last for years u can still sell it at your purchased retail price or with a appreciation? in IT world thing depreciate with life cycle. Your Laptop or IPAD is worth half after a year a 1/3 after 2 and by 3rd yr basically is IT junk. Don't talk like IT systems are like property u can buy use it for 10yrs and still sell it for a profit.

What BS is that.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

[/COLOR]

Even New York Trains break down weekly. so to expect 100% on a aging system I doubt its possible.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

I think many younger people, including yourself, do not know what was the situation then.
    but I can safely assume those "giving up their land" have signed the dotted line, meaning their have agreed to do that.

Even in the eighties, freehold land wasn't worth a lot. I knew a family who gave up 50,000 sq ft of freehold land in quite a good area to a developer
    in exchange for 2 small apartments of less than 1100 sqft on that same piece of land. The documentation wasn't done properly, which led to the developer cheating them. In the end they received only a 99 sq m apartment, after giving up the 50,000 sq ft freehold land.

My late father's land and even his long driveway were acquired by the government for road widening. He wasn't bitter and never complain about the government.

In those days, people just don't value land as much, maybe because it was cheap.

Certain group of Singaporeans will never appreciate what PAP has built until they get a chance to experience life without them.
    And there is no point for PAP to keep telling voters how important they are because the reason they are unhappy is because they feel poor. Personally I would like to give these opposition an opportunity prove themselves in the parliament as I dont believe 4 years is going to make or break this country.

when recession hit, jobless rate goes up, PAP will have a good opportunity to turn the table and ask what these opposition parties are going to do.

Lets just sit back and enjoy your pop corns.

It is really a huge crowd at WP rally for east coast GRC at BEDOK stadium.
    Never see such a big big crowd for WP rally at east coast GRC during the past
    many election. It will be a very close fight for East coast GRC.

If opp party will to get the "DREAM" seat of 20. It will be a tough times ahead.
    Hopefully will not scare away foreigner investors.

Really?
    If people willingly sign on the dotted line,
    Why we cannot say No, we don't want to sell?
    Why Lee Kuan Yew wanted to push to sign "Compulsory Land Acquisition Act" into law?

Without LKY, the land is worth much more than what he compensated all the landlords, that I am sure!

May be you are too young right?

And you know when Low Thia Khiang challenged Lee Kuan Yew to stand in Hougang for election to kick him out, why Lee Kuan Yew is afraid to go to stand for election in Hougang?

Think think think!

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post
    Victor,

It would be sad if the PAP loses East Coast GRC. Gerald Giam, a new candidate in 2011, hit the jackpot on his first try and became an NMP. Are we going to give easy victory again to these unknown candidates on a silver platter? We don't even know if these new candidates have their hearts in the right places. They don't even bother to visit or get to know us but they want to represent our views in parliament.

I heard the bookies are expecting a WP win in East Coast GRC. If this becomes true, then two hardworking ministers would be kicked out by these new, unknown and untested candidates.

It seems so unfair as these two ministers have been actively walking the grounds and taking part in community activities. Even our PM LHL came by in 2013 and planted a tree.

The minister in charge of my area is friendly and approachable. I once emailed him about a clogged drain on vacant land. I was surprised to receive a prompt reply and fast action was taken to sweep the leaves and cleared the drain.

Last Sunday the minister came by our area again and walked past by our house. He has lost a lot of weight and his voice was coarse from too much talking. He has put in a lot of effort and put up a good fight. It would be a shame if all the hard work were to go down the drain. How do you think he would feel?

This morning I was at the market and asked the coffee lady, also a east Coast GRC voter, which party is she supporting. She told me that PAP will surely win the election, so she will give her vote to the opposition. Of course I talked to her and advised her to reconsider her decision.

Don't bullshit lah.

Depreciate in price is accounting jargon,
    like we have machinery that has depreciated to ZERO but are able to manufacture lots of products to allow us to make lots of money!
    The same is true for the Town Council software sold to AIM!

If no value can give free to WP AHPETC, They want it very much! Even sell them for 10x more than what AIM paid WP also very willing!

You want to fool who?

No wonder, crook like you will do such thing to deceive the ignorant people!

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Lol.. IT software actually appreciate in price after use? u mean u bought window 7 4 yrs ago use it the last for years u can still sell it at your purchased retail price or with a appreciation? in IT world thing depreciate with life cycle. Your Laptop or IPAD is worth half after a year a 1/3 after 2 and by 3rd yr basically is IT junk. Don't talk like IT systems are like property u can buy use it for 10yrs and still sell it for a profit.

What BS is that.

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Even New York Trains break down weekly. so to expect 100% on a aging system I doubt its possible.

no lah

i live in NYC ... hardly break down ... but they do close a lane every week for inspection and the people respect that ...

precisely my point ... NO ONE WILL Guarantee our MRT wont breakdown .. not even PAP ...

which is why is it stupid or unfair to even question ... IF OPPOSITION TAKES OVER, CAN THEY GUARANTEE MRT WONT BREAKDOWN ..

when i pose the question back ... CAN PAP guarantee it ... i get reply ... like ''' human error , machine fault etc etc

no lah

i live in NYC ... hardly break down ... but they do close a lane every week for inspection and the people respect that ...

precisely my point ... NO ONE WILL Guarantee our MRT wont breakdown .. not even PAP ...

which is why is it stupid or unfair to even question ... IF OPPOSITION TAKES OVER, CAN THEY GUARANTEE MRT WONT BREAKDOWN ..

when i pose the question back ... CAN PAP guarantee it ... i get reply ... like ''' human error , machine fault etc etc
    Large number of sgreans have been tuned to believe that without PAP we are nothing. It will be most ungrateful to vote against them. It's also impossible to have a logical convo with them.

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post

If opp party will to get the "DREAM" seat of 20. It will be a tough times ahead.
    Hopefully will not scare away foreigner investors.

When this song was written ... it was not written for PAP but for SINGAPORE, its people, its Spirit....

Whatever happen to that Spirit ??? Why so pessimistic ???

Why if opposition wins more seat means 'End of world' for Singapore ???

We have a vision for tomorrow, just believe, just believe
    We have a goal for Singapore, we can achieve, we can achieve
    You and me, we'll do our part, stand together, heart to heart
    We're going to show the world what Singapore can be
    We can achieve, we can achieve

There is something down the road that we can strive for
    We are told no dream's too bold that we can't try for
    There's a spirit in the air, it's a feeling we all share
    We're going to build a better life, for you and me
    We can achieve, we can achieve

Count on me Singapore, count on me to give my best and more
    You and me, we'll do our part, stand together, heart to heart