Thread: pIano

Default pIano

I thought of selling my old piano or to dispose off, does anybody has any contact or know of which shop have such service? Thanks.

http://www.cristofori.asia/ver4/serv...cal-servicing/

Piano Assessment
    Our Senior Technicians will help you assess the condition of your piano and provide you a technical report (available upon request) so you know your piano’s trade-in and market value. We provide FREE assessment for your old/used piano after your confirmation of piano purchase.

To make an appointment for the services mentioned above, please kindly call our
    Technical Department
    6243 9555 ext 13
    Daily 10am – 6pm

Confirmation of piano purchase? Meaning have to buy a new piano from them first before they will assess the old piano for trade in at market value? Boh hua leh...

Thanks. I bought it from Cristofori but because mine is a Shanghai brand, so not much people want to buy back. Check with other company about the cost of the disposal, is $110, worth it or not?

Need to pay in order to dispose off piano? Ever consider donating to Salvation Army or other charity bodies and ask them to come collect it themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    Thanks. I bought it from Cristofori but because mine is a Shanghai brand, so not much people want to buy back. Check with other company about the cost of the disposal, is $110, worth it or not?
    example 1
    how much is the difference between new shanghai brand and other more expensive brands? lets say $400
    how much is the difference between secondhand shanghai brand and other more expensive brands? lets say $600
    then it is better to buy other more expensive brands rather than shanghai brand, since there is net savings of $200.
    buy more expensive model is better.

example 2
    how much is the difference between new shanghai brand and other more expensive brands? lets say $400
    how much is the difference between secondhand shanghai brand and other more expensive brands? lets say $200
    then it is better to buy shanghai brand rather than other more expensive brands, since there is net savings of $200.
    buy cheaper model is better.

so when buying expensive stuff, look at the compare the difference of resale values and new values.

Thinking of selling your used Piano? Call/Email Us now!
    Wee 81238186 Leonard 90616111
    [email protected] [email protected]

bought my 2nd hand piano from the above. but i not sure whether they want cristofoti piano. no harm calling them.
    Ong lai ah!

Thank you everybody.

I ever tried to donate my set of sofa to Salvation Army but they wanted me to send it to them, so I wonder this time, will they still want me to hire my own transport and send the piano to them or not?

First time bought the piano for my children, so never think of the brand, saw the advertisement from newspaper and there we went. After dispose off, maybe get an organ will do, can save up some space, next time want to dispose also easier. This time will get a better brand.

Quote Originally Posted by onglai View Post

bought my 2nd hand piano from the above. but i not sure whether they want cristofoti piano. no harm calling them.
    Thanks for the contact. I will give them a call tomorrow. I had called Cristofori this morning too since I bought from them. She asked me to email her the detail so that she can give me a quote.

Thank you everybody.

I ever tried to donate my set of sofa to Salvation Army but they wanted me to send it to them, so I wonder this time, will they still want me to hire my own transport and send the piano to them or not?

First time bought the piano for my children, so never think of the brand, saw the advertisement from newspaper and there we went. After dispose off, maybe get an organ will do, can save up some space, next time want to dispose also easier. This time will get a better brand.

i had bad experience with Salvation army ...

i had some BRAND new stuff to donate ... i called to ask how i can donate them ... didnt want to drop at those DROPOFF points and get dirtied or damaged ..

i was told to bring in to show them ... let them assess ... and THEY DO NOT ACCEPT EVERYTHING...

so i went to an old folks home at Hong Kah area ... and donated to them ...

since then i donated alot of stuff to the old folks home :

1. Like an almost new Solid wood Mahjong table - they loved it ..
    2. 2 mini fridge (brand new) - they used it to keep medications
    3. 10 pairs of slippers ... they specifically asked for these , non slip ...
    4. pill boxes - with Mon to Sunday indication to help them remember to take their medications

you can check with them .. if they want a piano ... for the old folks to 'play' or someone to entertain them .. if they want .. just deliver it .. for a good cause

Thank you everybody.

For bulky items, usually they want you to arrange your own transport to bring it there. but salvation army may not be the best place to donate it to. i donated some used toys before.. u see the heaps of mountains of used items placed under the sun. new toys oso become old..
    Ong lai ah!

For bulky items, usually they want you to arrange your own transport to bring it there. but salvation army may not be the best place to donate it to. i donated some used toys before.. u see the heaps of mountains of used items placed under the sun. new toys oso become old..
    I called the Salvation Army before that I had some soft toys to donate and was told that there is a collection point near IMM, so I went there. I was surprised to see that that's just a small little room near the side of the entrance to the carpark with nobody around to attend to it. The door was locked but the small windows were wide opened so I needed to push my soft toys through the windows. Since it is so opened and nobody in charge, any passers-by can just take any stuff through the window if they happen to like it but more important is, it might get damaged or dirtied by the time they collected it and in the end have to throw it away, it will be a waste. I would rather give it to someone who know how to treasure it. First time went there, saw such a situation, very reluctant to put it there because in fact I love the items so much and they were quite new, so I went home and checked again whether is there any other places that have somebody to attend to it so that I could personally pass it to the person-in-charge but in the end, I still ended up putting my items inside that small room.

Actually we have not been using the piano for quite a while and also didn't get it tune but still working. The exterior wood also not very good already, will it be nice to donate it to the old folks home?
    Last edited by irisng; 26-09-15 at 11:48.

Get the picture post here. Some of the folks here might be interested.

http://www.salvationarmy.org/singapore/dik_fts

For donations of bulky items like furniture and big appliances, you may arrange for a collection service via the following:
    Online booking: www.redshieldindustries.com
    Tel: (65) 6288 5438
    Email: [email protected] with a brief description of the items you wish to donate, your collection address and contact number
    In lieu of rising costs to provide door-to-door collection service for bulky items, we are appealing for an optional contribution of $60 for every collection. A collection note with the contribution amount will be given upon collection and an official NON-TAX DEDUCTIBLE receipt mailed to the recipient in due course.

seems like they do provide door to door collection service nowadays.
    Ong lai ah!

I had called them yesterday but they don't buy back Shanghai branch. Now waiting for Cristofori to reply my email, then I will decide what to do next. Thanks everybody for all your help.

Cristofori had replied me, they offered $50 including transportation.

maybe send to the old folk's place is a better choice...
    I know a professor who started to learn piano at age 60 because he was too busy when he was young. Two years later, he really plays decent piano.

How to upload photos? It seems do not have this function now.

"Go Advanced", you can then find the options there.

$50? Maybe can check with the garang guni man. Perhaps he can offer more.

I thought of selling my old piano or to dispose off, does anybody has any contact or know of which shop have such service? Thanks.
    Why don't you try listing both the sofa and piano on Carousell for a cheap price. Managed to clear quite a lot of stuff there; even dining table and sofa. Just state in your ad that the buyer has to arrange own collection.

Cristofori had replied me, they offered $50 including transportation.
    it's an insult to the very piano dat they are selling...
    Ong lai ah!

Quote Originally Posted by electron View Post
    Why don't you try listing both the sofa and piano on Carousell for a cheap price. Managed to clear quite a lot of stuff there; even dining table and sofa. Just state in your ad that the buyer has to arrange own collection.
    My piano is already >10 years but seldom play, just got it tuned about 2 yrs back but the external wood (formica) has some crack lines but piano still ok.

Maybe can tell to advertise in gumtree or carousell to try my luck. How much do you think it can fetch?

Try to upload the photos here but have error message.

My piano is already >10 years but seldom play, just got it tuned about 2 yrs back but the external wood (formica) has some crack lines but piano still ok.

Maybe can tell to advertise in gumtree or carousell to try my luck. How much do you think it can fetch?

Try to upload the photos here but have error message.
    Just search carousell for 'piano' and compare yours to others on sale; then price accordingly. a bit like pricing your house when selling haha

Normally a piano needs to be tuned twice in a year (at least once in a year). So if you tuned it 2 years back, it is likely out of tune.
    If you are not playing it, then likely you don't keep the heater on. (In Singapore humidity weather, you need to have that. Otherwise, the worst case is to have white ants.).
    A piano is like a house, if you leave it idle (or empty), the value actually drops faster. I enjoy playing piano (when my wife is not around.)

The going market price can be as low as S$100 for a piano which doesn't "sound" right.

Maybe you can get it tuned and polished (S$200), and sell at S$1,000? ... or you will simply pick up playing piano?

http://www.pianosg.com/forsale/
    Last edited by richwang; 11-10-15 at 13:07.

Quote Originally Posted by richwang View Post
    Normally a piano needs to be tuned twice in a year (at least once in a year). So if you tuned it 2 years back, it is likely out of tune.
    If you are not playing it, then likely you don't keep the heater on. (In Singapore humidity weather, you need to have that. Otherwise, the worst case is to have white ants.).
    A piano is like a house, if you leave it idle (or empty), the value actually drops faster. I enjoy playing piano (when my wife is not around.)

The going market price can be as low as S$100 for a piano which doesn't "sound" right.

Maybe you can get it tuned and polished (S$200), and sell at S$1,000? ... or you will simply pick up playing piano?

http://www.pianosg.com/forsale/
    Actually we have the heater on since day 1. A year back, we had the piano re-arranged and then yesterday just realised that my spouse had forgotten to put back the plug.

My son wants to change to another type of piano which can record music one.