Thread: One hubby gone

Default One hubby gone

One of my hobbies when we lived in Singapore was to visit show flats. There wasn't much to do in Singapore except for visiting Botanic Garden and shopping on Orchard. So, we often went out to visit show flats as a way to kill time. Now the condo market is dying a slow death. I guess Singaporeans no longer have much interest in visiting show flats. The days of seeing mountains of flip-flops at the entrance of show flats is gone. That is kind of sad because visiting show flats has been ingrained so much into the Singaporean existence and psyche. Lives in Singapore have become so much less exciting without this particular public hobby.

I guess this is a side effect that the policy makers never thought about when they took measure to cool the market. It is not a laughing matter. It may have a dampening effect on the economy, by making people less excited and optimistic about the future, not to mention taking away the only hobby of many people.

The most recent mega sales is at high park residences.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad View Post
    One of my hobbies when we lived in Singapore was to visit show flats. There wasn't much to do in Singapore except for visiting Botanic Garden and shopping on Orchard. So, we often went out to visit show flats as a way to kill time. Now the condo market is dying a slow death. I guess Singaporeans no longer have much interest in visiting show flats. The days of seeing mountains of flip-flops at the entrance of show flats is gone. That is kind of sad because visiting show flats has been ingrained so much into the Singaporean existence and psyche. Lives in Singapore have become so much less exciting without this particular public hobby.

I guess this is a side effect that the policy makers never thought about when they took measure to cool the market. It is not a laughing matter. It may have a dampening effect on the economy, by making people less excited and optimistic about the future, not to mention taking away the only hobby of many people.
    Most of the Sunday, I stay at home watching video. There seems to have nowhere to go, recently I had already visited Chinese Garden, Japanese Garden (nothing to see), Botanic Garden, MacRitchie Reservoir, Pierce Reservoir, Hoticulture Park (nothing to see if no event), Guilin, these are what I can think of the places to visit without paying any entrance fees. I don't like shopping unless I need to get something, so shopping is out of my list. Any suggestions where else to go, is feeling so boring and boring during week end, I'm not an active type of people, just like to take some photos from any nice scenery or flowers.

Because of overcrowding. Singaporeans are against overcrowding. So now have all the space to take their time and think through their shopping needs.

The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    Most of the Sunday, I stay at home watching video. There seems to have nowhere to go, recently I had already visited Chinese Garden, Japanese Garden (nothing to see), Botanic Garden, MacRitchie Reservoir, Pierce Reservoir, Hoticulture Park (nothing to see if no event), Guilin, these are what I can think of the places to visit without paying any entrance fees. I don't like shopping unless I need to get something, so shopping is out of my list. Any suggestions where else to go, is feeling so boring and boring during week end, I'm not an active type of people, just like to take some photos from any nice scenery or flowers.
    Exactly how I felt when I lived there. I guess most people kill their boredom by working very hard, even on weekends, and by watching their bank accounts grow. Others can't wait to get out of Singapore every chance they get. Flights out of Singapore usually are solidly booked long before every public holiday.

We visited show flats to kill boredom. We lived in West Coast, and we even went to woodlands to visit show flats there. That is how bored we were.

The worse is the weather in SG now..
    It's getting hotter n hotter n very humid.Visiting botanic gardens or other outdoor places is very uncomfortable. Will avoid such places.

We visited show flats to kill boredom. We lived in West Coast, and we even went to woodlands to visit show flats there. That is how bored we were.
    ... clearly you have issues. go see a shrink

... and while you are at it, correct your english spelling please ... for a moment I was shocked ... that's before I clicked on it

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    ... clearly you have issues. go see a shrink

... and while you are at it, correct your english spelling please ... for a moment I was shocked ... that's before I clicked on it
    One hobby gone is what I meant. Long and hard as I tried, I couldn't find a way to correct the misspelling.

Wink One woman's hubby is another woman's hobby.

One hobby gone is what I meant. Long and hard as I tried, I couldn't find a way to correct the misspelling.
    It's ok. One woman's hubby is another woman's hobby.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500 View Post
    The worse is the weather in SG now..
    It's getting hotter n hotter n very humid.Visiting botanic gardens or other outdoor places is very uncomfortable. Will avoid such places.
    Especially now with the haze. Why didn't the Indonesian govt set any rule or serious punishment for those who burn the plantations. Just wonder whether the plantations belong to the govt or individual own. This haze causes health hazard not only to their own residents but affect other neighbouring countries too. My father was one of the victims in Yr xx due to asthma attack.

Ya, forgotten to mention, I do visit the Garden By The Bay too, is quite a nice place to visit especially in the evening where the "trees" are all lighted up and there is a 'tree music" performance at certain time of the night. For a cool down, buy the tickets and go inside the "Dome" but of course not possible to do that every time unless you bought the annual pass.

Haze do not blow to Jakarata.
    Just Do It! 要拼才会赢!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberknight View Post
    Haze do not blow to Jakarata.
    According to this morning news, haze has already blown to part of the Jakarta.

Try visiting Coney Island, nice and natural place, different from Singapore mainland. But be careful of mosquitoes.

According to this morning news, haze has already blown to part of the Jakarta.
    In 1997-98, there was a bout of El Nio. The haze was so bad, many expats pulled up stakes and went home. El Nino returned this year to Southeast Asia, the same old same old. Forest fires, haze, economic crises and so on. It seems people don't learn anything from history. 20 years from now when another bout of El Nino hits Southeast Asian, I bet nothing will have changed.

Haze and Singapore are inseparable twins. I lived there for 17 years, and in not even one year did I not experience a few weeks of haze. Not one.

We need to thanks people like him for the hazy.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...l-sad-for-them

Quote Originally Posted by Wynyard View Post
    Try visiting Coney Island, nice and natural place, different from Singapore mainland. But be careful of mosquitoes.
    Thanks. One of this days, must go and see see look look when the "sky is clearer". This round, haze seems to be longer and more serious than previous, right? I wonder why those people who set up the fire, do not think of their families too. Money can't buy back life.

In 1997-98, there was a bout of El Nio. The haze was so bad, many expats pulled up stakes and went home. El Nino returned this year to Southeast Asia, the same old same old. Forest fires, haze, economic crises and so on. It seems people don't learn anything from history. 20 years from now when another bout of El Nino hits Southeast Asian, I bet nothing will have changed.

Haze and Singapore are inseparable twins. I lived there for 17 years, and in not even one year did I not experience a few weeks of haze. Not one.
    Do you mean you are an Indonesian? My Indonesian sister-in-law's mother came to Singapore last week to visit her daughter and stay with her for the time being, I think because of the serious haze over there too.

I think use money to fine the culprits will not help, best is confiscate their burn plantations and see whether do they still have any more plantations to burn or not. 用钱可以解决问题的就不是问题。

Thanks. One of this days, must go and see see look look when the "sky is clearer". This round, haze seems to be longer and more serious than previous, right? I wonder why those people who set up the fire, do not think of their families too. Money can't buy back life.
    I think use money to fine the culprits will not help, best is confiscate their burn plantations and see whether do they still have any more plantations to burn or not. 用钱可以解决问题的就不是问题。
    1) burning is cheapest way to land clear.

2) "kiasu"
    farmer A burn land, farmer B & C suffer the effect.
    farmer B & C think "i dont burn land yet i suffer, might as well burn land."
    so farmer B & C also burn their land.

3) "safety in a herd"
    if only farmer A burn land, farmer A will 99% face the law.
    if farmer A, B, C and so on burn land, only an unlucky few will face the law.
    the more people burn, the less chances of an individual being caught.

4) why deprive the farmers of improving their economic livelihood?
    planting oil palms do improve their livelihood.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post

---------------------------------
    At the expense of people's health and life? Wonder will they remorse or regret when their love ones or he, himself get affected by the haze and die? How much inconvenience, money, energy and effort have been wasted to fight the fire just because they want to improve their livelihood, these are all at people's expense and they can live like nothing happen and nice of their business.
    Last edited by irisng; 26-10-15 at 20:30.

At the expense of people's health and life? Wonder will they remorse or regret when their love ones or he, himself get affected by the haze and die? How much inconvenience, money, energy and effort have been wasted to fight the fire just because they want to improve their livelihood, these are all at people's expense and they can live like nothing happen.
    In short, for their convenience and in order to save money, they use the fastest and easiest method and on the other hand, their govt has to spend money and get help from neighbouring countries to clear the "dirt" for them. Wonder which one is more expensive, money, effort, energy, health and country reputation as compared to they so called fastest and cheapest way out to clear their plantations.

At the expense of people's health and life? Wonder will they remorse or regret when their love ones or he, himself get affected by the haze and die? How much inconvenience, money, energy and effort have been wasted to fight the fire just because they want to improve their livelihood, these are all at people's expense and they can live like nothing happen and nice of their business.
    In short, for their convenience and in order to save money, they use the fastest and easiest method and on the other hand, their govt has to spend money and get help from neighbouring countries to clear the "dirt" for them. Wonder which one is more expensive, money, effort, energy, health and country reputation as compared to they so called fastest and cheapest way out to clear their plantations.
    i am pretty sure they understand that they can't make omelette without breaking eggs. something has to be done to break the cycle of poverty. n.

i am left wondering, what has the govt and neighbouring countries done to improve their livelihood? so the farmers have to give a s**t about neighbouring countries?

i approached my heroine HC of TH fame about investing in a zero-burning, green, environmentally friendly, happy smiling high income employees oil palm company. The only question asked what is the PE? i answered best case scenario PE is 5 and that was the end of discussion. at least HC picked up the tab. ahh....my sweet heroine.

the good news: 1.7million burnt this year is 1.7million ha not burnt next year
    the bad news: it is only 1.7million ha burnt, so there will still be burning next year, and the year after that....

i am pretty sure they understand that they can't make omelette without breaking eggs. something has to be done to break the cycle of poverty. n.

i am left wondering, what has the govt and neighbouring countries done to improve their livelihood? so the farmers have to give a s**t about neighbouring countries?

i approached my heroine HC of TH fame about investing in a zero-burning, green, environmentally friendly, happy smiling high income employees oil palm company. The only question asked what is the PE? i answered best case scenario PE is 5 and that was the end of discussion. at least HC picked up the tab. ahh....my sweet heroine.

the good news: 1.7million burnt this year is 1.7million ha not burnt next year
    the bad news: it is only 1.7million ha burnt, so there will still be burning next year, and the year after that....
    Hi Hopeful, I was trying to PM you.

Can I catch up with you? Please advise. Thanks.

YoweTan

as usual, candid "hopeful" style
    to be honest, I dun feel angry at the ppl burning the forest; I just felt sad. it one more time shows how unfair the world is.

poor indonesian farmers have no other means to make more money. who cares abt someone thousands of miles away ? "i need to eat, I dun do this you give me money ?"
    When buying cheap toilet rolls no one is complaining "all these come from unfriendly deforested lands". I watched on TV, one guy was asked "will you support sustainable sources", answer is "I of course support AS LONG AS THEY ARE SAME PRICE OR LOWER". How more hypocritical can you get ? Ppl are not willing to sacrifice even a single bit to support good cause. You need to pay MORE to support such gd cause. (Any one remember "fair trade coffee" ? it costs A LOT more than "usual" price)

also poor indonesian maids work in SG like slaves but get paid miserable sum, losing dignity as human. No one complains. In EU, a "maid" has a salary of EUR2000 and has medical/labor benefits.

To global scale, rich industrialized countries polluting the world for 200 years getting rich, now tell the rest poor countries "no your carbon emission too much, must save the world. you dun know what you do is destroying earth ??! stop your coal plants." Ppl don even have sufficient electricity, clean water, clean food. not my problem. "that's because your government is corrupt".

then go rear fish or bird as hubby. or go trade stocks as hubby everyday go visit SGX see stocks so many other things to do.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    as usual, candid "hopeful" style
    to be honest, I dun feel angry at the ppl burning the forest; I just felt sad. it one more time shows how unfair the world is.

poor indonesian farmers have no other means to make more money. who cares abt someone thousands of miles away ? "i need to eat, I dun do this you give me money ?"
    When buying cheap toilet rolls no one is complaining "all these come from unfriendly deforested lands". I watched on TV, one guy was asked "will you support sustainable sources", answer is "I of course support AS LONG AS THEY ARE SAME PRICE OR LOWER". How more hypocritical can you get ? Ppl are not willing to sacrifice even a single bit to support good cause. You need to pay MORE to support such gd cause. (Any one remember "fair trade coffee" ? it costs A LOT more than "usual" price)

also poor indonesian maids work in SG like slaves but get paid miserable sum, losing dignity as human. No one complains. In EU, a "maid" has a salary of EUR2000 and has medical/labor benefits.

To global scale, rich industrialized countries polluting the world for 200 years getting rich, now tell the rest poor countries "no your carbon emission too much, must save the world. you dun know what you do is destroying earth ??! stop your coal plants." Ppl don even have sufficient electricity, clean water, clean food. not my problem. "that's because your government is corrupt".
    I read a post on another forum in 1998 that said the same thing you are saying. Poor Indonesian farmers polluted the environment because they needed to eat. How true! What saddens me is that nothing has done to improve their livelihood in 20 years. And nothing will happen when the next bout of El Nino comes around in 20 years' time. I have long given up on Indonesia. It is country stuck in the stone age and will remain so for generations to come. It is a country where corruption runs rampant and people don't give a sh*t about the plight of the peasant farmers, not to mention a lack of education makes it impossible for people to improve their living.

My hubby is buy property, so sad now cannot buy anymore.

Another hubby is to post and read condosingapore.com too bad have to stop after 26 Nov 2015, going back Singapore don't think got time for this hubby.

The Last hubby is to create Facebook closed group for condo resident and owner, this also have to go after 26 Nov 2015.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...#post126823016

Learn a lot from guru from skyscrapercity.com since Jan 2008, so sad most guru disappear.
    Last edited by Arcachon; 28-10-15 at 01:44.

Default BUYING UP OF SHARES of a partner in a condo unit, wat are the COSTS involved?

Especially now with the haze. Why didn't the Indonesian govt set any rule or serious punishment for those who burn the plantations. Just wonder whether the plantations belong to the govt or individual own. This haze causes health hazard not only to their own residents but affect other neighbouring countries too. My father was one of the victims in Yr xx due to asthma attack.

Ya, forgotten to mention, I do visit the Garden By The Bay too, is quite a nice place to visit especially in the evening where the "trees" are all lighted up and there is a 'tree music" performance at certain time of the night. For a cool down, buy the tickets and go inside the "Dome" but of course not possible to do that every time unless you bought the annual pass.
    I would like to find out wat are the costs involved in buying the shares of a partner in the condo unit? Can any experts advise on this?