Thread: Anyone knows how to identify if a marble is crack or is a design?

Default Anyone knows how to identify if a marble is crack or is a design?

I am not sure if I can post the pics I took from my new condo, contractor has been claiming it is design, but I could feel a line on the "crack design", however the developer and contractor both claim the same thing, but when they brought to other units, could not find similar kind of "design", so is would need an advice if there are expert here. Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by See View Post
    I am not sure if I can post the pics I took from my new condo, contractor has been claiming it is design, but I could feel a line on the "crack design", however the developer and contractor both claim the same thing, but when they brought to other units, could not find similar kind of "design", so is would need an advice if there are expert here. Many thanks!
    the developer and contractor are both wrong. the "crack design" is not design, it is an 'unadvertised' feature.
    check your brochure/s&p, what kind of marble is being supplied? compressed/natural?
    Last edited by hopeful; 14-11-15 at 08:37.

The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Thanks for responses. I am trying to attach pics, but i failed to do so. It is natural marble, so this why both contractor and developer kept claiming it is natural design and each marble is special. I do understand that each marble forms differently, but mine seem horrible in a way that there is big gaps between those cracks, when i used my nails to touch carefully, i could touch the lines, but both contractor and developer claimed they could not feel anything and i am trying to be unreasonable. I am not sure if i am a lady and i am always alone, this is how i am treated? This is why i am seeking advices so that i have a fact to claim the right i have.

If it is slab marble (not one whole piece) I think they will replace if you insist. But the color may look different from the others?

How many pieces are affected?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

women are treated differently since they understand little of technical stuff. a few words of technical mumbo-jumbo and a woman will admit defeat.
    a fitting example is a woman who dont understand technical stuff, like being unable to attach pics in forums.condosingapore.com

bring a guy friend who knows his stuff to meet the contractor/developer, stand your ground and submit defect reports. if after a while, still no news from them, threaten to repair the marble on your own, show them the (highly markup 500%) contractor's estimates of the marble repair. and threaten to deduct the cost from the remaining balance.
    Last edited by hopeful; 14-11-15 at 11:24.

Thanks for responses. I am trying to attach pics, but i failed to do so. It is natural marble, so this why both contractor and developer kept claiming it is natural design and each marble is special. I do understand that each marble forms differently, but mine seem horrible in a way that there is big gaps between those cracks, when i used my nails to touch carefully, i could touch the lines, but both contractor and developer claimed they could not feel anything and i am trying to be unreasonable. I am not sure if i am a lady and i am always alone, this is how i am treated? This is why i am seeking advices so that i have a fact to claim the right i have.
    Don't use the attched photo function in the forum.

Upload your photo to your facebook account, then open your photo, right click your mouse, select copy image URL.

Then go to the forum and do the following.

paste the URL.

Thank you so much for the tips for attaching images, unfortunately i could not see the same icons pop up after Go advanced, but i tried uploading the pics to FB and copy image addresses on below, hope it works, at least 4 pieces of them have such "design".

https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...67&oe=56B96B62

https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...f9&oe=56B79CB4

https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...54787403_o.jpg

https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...4d&oe=56E9B2A4

After few round of confrontation for unacceptable "design" which they could not accept, they are going to get architect to do final valuation? Will architect able to even help on this or they will be on contractor and developer side? What other action i can take for this?

After few round of confrontation for unacceptable "design" which they could not accept, they are going to get architect to do final valuation? Will architect able to even help on this or they will be on contractor and developer side? What other action i can take for this?
    https://www.bca.gov.sg/QM/quality.html

By right, should not feel crack when running over.

Arcachon should have some reference for actions possible.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    https://www.bca.gov.sg/QM/quality.html

By right, should not feel crack when running over.

Arcachon should have some reference for actions possible.
    I play a very simple game, this is how I will do.

1. update the defect list.
    2. Do not sign the accepted defect rectify.
    3. Tell them politely if the defect not rectifies, you will get the lawyer to write in.

What condo is this?

Thanks guys! I will do that! It is sad to see new house has such cracks in it and it did not seem like proper talk as contractor even raised his voice over me.

Is it ok for me to mention the condo name? my friend asked me to be careful about this.

Lol. Tan is a common surname. Not quite sure which part of ur name is See. Anyway, if u worry, then dun reveal it publicly. Pm me.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

What is wrong with that?
    If it is a fact, the contractor/developer can't sue you for telling the fact...........
    You should tell so that they get pressured to rectify (otherwise they thought they can don't care since you don't dare to reveal their names and nobody will know what they are doing/behaving anyway).........

Is it ok for me to mention the condo name? my friend asked me to be careful about this.

it is obvious that it is not a "crack design". it is a crack, filled with filler.

is your problem "not smooth" or cracked marble?
    if "not smooth", then it is only a matter of filler and repolish, so even a fingernail cannot find a "line".
    if cracked marble, then it is a more serious matter.

since you don't know the difference between a crack and a "crack design", it is obvious why they try to "shout" you down with technical mumbo jumbo.
    but i find the developer, contractor stupid also. so easy to fool small kid. if problem is a line only felt by a fingernail, why not they just repolish. you happy. they also happy with cheap cost of repolishing.
    however if you insist that it is a crack instead of "crack design", then expenses of repairing are much greater.

this kind of obviously shoddy workmanship usually indicates more serious hidden problems, like poor plumbing and poor carpentry. poor plumbing means pipe leaking, blockage, poor water sealing.

please give us the project name so that forummers can evaluate whether to buy or not the units in the project in the resale market, or they would want a higher yield to compensate for the higher upkeep cost. lets help each other, shall we?
    Last edited by hopeful; 16-11-15 at 08:47.