Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Tanjong Rhu Road Condo

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    Welcome. Just excited that this area is getting better by the day
    Yepp, thanks! Can't wait for the day I can walk to work. Kinda like millenium bridge across the thames!

Scroll down on this blog to see what Millenium Bridge is like. Would be awesome if we could have sormething similar at Tanjong Rhu

Quote Originally Posted by electron
    Yepp, thanks! Can't wait for the day I can walk to work. Kinda like millenium bridge across the thames!
    Last know is suppose to be a bridge that is wide enough for buggie to travel on. I believe is similar and an extention from the current buggie system used in Marina south garden. So should be a nice walk. However, yet to get a confirmation on that.

The other facility I am looking forward is the water taxi that is going to serve this area.

Electron, you have vested interest in Tg Rhu? If yes, wish you all the best in your value investment. Cheers!

Last know is suppose to be a bridge that is wide enough for buggie to travel on. I believe is similar and an extention from the current buggie system used in Marina south garden. So should be a nice walk. However, yet to get a confirmation on that.

The other facility I am looking forward is the water taxi that is going to serve this area.

Electron, you have vested interest in Tg Rhu? If yes, wish you all the best in your value investment. Cheers!
    Yepp! Cheers

tg rhu always been quite "laid back". "so near yet so far" from the city. with a new bridge, it would spoil the tranquility.

its a nice place. feel like a slow enclave where u can walk to the gardens by the bay. once the ERL comes announced the price wont be where it is now. Its a interesting place.

Yeps indeed this is a very tranquil enclave, where you get fresh air and don't get to see heavy traffic.

I remember during one of the recent new year eve or cny eve, there were road blocks by TP to allow only residents with car labels or resident passes to enter.

wow .. the photo shot is really great!

I also like TR, the tranquility, the picturesque environment, full condo environment ..
    But it really seems like all these did not translate into true high-end value ... it seems that the "newer" people nowadays value convenience of public transport and convenient stores etc ..

So will this area ever progress like the rest of the island?

Quote Originally Posted by ichigo55
    wow .. the photo shot is really great!

I also like TR, the tranquility, the picturesque environment, full condo environment ..
    But it really seems like all these did not translate into true high-end value ... it seems that the "newer" people nowadays value convenience of public transport and convenient stores etc ..

So will this area ever progress like the rest of the island?
    Yes, but have to borrow the power of GLS. But that will mean the place will be more croweded. Cant have the cake and eat it right.

Yes, but have to borrow the power of GLS. But that will mean the place will be more croweded. Cant have the cake and eat it right.
    Flxcat, since u r also vested in this area, may I know what is your take?

Do you hope to see more new developments in Tj Rhu such that the prices of the existing ppties will be pushed up, or would you rather this enclave maintains its tranquility without any construction noise and air pollution?

Personally, I rather this place maintains its current peace and beauty. Can't imagine if they start digging the mrt lines... This place would be real messy

view from my unit at tanjong rhu. will be renting out in 3 years time when my kid attend P1. very nice place, sad to go

not going to sell the place at all. hope to move back one day

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro

Do you hope to see more new developments in Tj Rhu such that the prices of the existing ppties will be pushed up, or would you rather this enclave maintains its tranquility without any construction noise and air pollution?

Personally, I rather this place maintains its current peace and beauty. Can't imagine if they start digging the mrt lines... This place would be real messy

tell u. once the costal Express way is done. the ERL is announced. the GLS there will start. so want better enter.. esp the 1st timmers. dont want. then just stand n watch

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    tell u. once the costal Express way is done. the ERL is announced. the GLS there will start. so want better enter.. esp the 1st timmers. dont want. then just stand n watch
    I don't have much problems renting out my unit there for the past decade. I believe most tenants there value the tranquility. But once the surrounding construction starts, I wonder if it will become a challenge...

I don't have much problems renting out my unit there for the past decade. I believe most tenants there value the tranquility. But once the surrounding construction starts, I wonder if it will become a challenge...

no choice... u can't have everything right. have to bare with lower rental that 3-4 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    no choice... u can't have everything right. have to bare with lower rental that 3-4 yrs.
    Yeah, mabbe I should heed yr advice. Almost wanted to cash out this unit a couple of yrs back, until I see how lovely the Garden Bay East is ......and it's within walking distance!

rental seem rather strong still over there
    Yeah, mabbe I should heed yr advice. Almost wanted to cash out this unit a couple of yrs back, until I see how lovely the Garden Bay East is ......and it's within walking distance!

Personally I enjoy the current tranquility. However, having a mrt is definitely a plus.

As for the GLS, I just embrace it and flow with the tide as is partly of govt planning of this area long time ago and I invest in this area with my wide eyes opened .

Being very pragmatic, hoping that nothing is going to change the tranqulility is futile. So I choose to enjoy what I can now instead before it is gone

how to walk there?
    your legs are long....

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    how to walk there?
    your legs are long....
    Can... the walk is about 5 km.
    I prefer to cycle.

Check out this blog :

http://sgwalkingroutes.blogspot.sg/2...a-barrage.html

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    how to walk there?
    your legs are long....
    Actually Gardens by the Bay East is just next to Costa Rhu. There's a path that leads beneath Benjamin Sheares Bridge. Within very short walking distance. It's only the other half of Gardens (with the Supertrees and conservatories) that is a bit further across the barrage. Going there for afternoon jog now!

Actually Gardens by the Bay East is just next to Costa Rhu. There's a path that leads beneath Benjamin Sheares Bridge. Within very short walking distance. It's only the other half of Gardens (with the Supertrees and conservatories) that is a bit further across the barrage. Going there for afternoon jog now!
    Just went to garden east. Very hot leh, can jog meh. I rather sit by pool sudden sip kopi

Evening time not nice to jog along the Bay East garden ..... cos of the direct west-sun. Morning would be nice ... and of course night time would be a fantastic spot to admire the Singapore city skyscrapers...

Just went to garden east. Very hot leh, can jog meh. I rather sit by pool sudden sip kopi
    Just came back. Sipping kopi on balcony now

Just came back. Sipping kopi on balcony now
    Cool. Enjoy.

Yes night jog is fantastic if breezy and nice skyline

Cool. Enjoy.

Yes night jog is fantastic if breezy and nice skyline
    Scary or not?
    Got other joggers around or secluded?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Scary or not?
    Got other joggers around or secluded?
    Depend on timing. If 7pm to 10pm I felt is very safe.

Quote Originally Posted by puffer_fish
    view from my unit at tanjong rhu. will be renting out in 3 years time when my kid attend P1. very nice place, sad to go

not going to sell the place at all. hope to move back one day
    Puffer_fish,
    Nice view you have there. Costa rhu I guess

the two gardens (south and east) lack tall trees like botanic garden, hence very hot.

nope, sanctuary green

bought in 2003, times really flies...

now, this place flooded with ang moh......still a nice place.

cos, it was the cheapest around the area when launched during SARS period.
    developer throw price thinking it wont sell. so i grab.

out of all the investments, sanctuary green is the one i truly love.

but soon need to move and rent it out,
    Last edited by puffer_fish; 01-02-13 at 22:39.

Quote Originally Posted by puffer_fish
    nope, sanctuary green

bought in 2003, times really flies...

now, this place flooded with ang moh......still a nice place.

cos, it was the cheapest around the area when launched during SARS period.
    developer throw price thinking it wont sell. so i grab.

out of all the investments, sanctuary green is the one i truly love.

but soon need to move and rent it out,
    Despite being close to 10 yr old, sanctuary green is superbly well maintained. That's why it has been very popular with rental....