Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Tanjong Rhu Road Condo

Quote Originally Posted by august
    the two gardens (south and east) lack tall trees like botanic garden, hence very hot.
    Agreed, this gardens being new and trees are young hence not much shades. Same as sengkang park and no way near to botanic garden

Hence go at a cooler time of the day, one can enjoy the gardens much better. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by puffer_fish
    nope, sanctuary green

bought in 2003, times really flies...

now, this place flooded with ang moh......still a nice place.

cos, it was the cheapest around the area when launched during SARS period.
    developer throw price thinking it wont sell. so i grab.

out of all the investments, sanctuary green is the one i truly love.

but soon need to move and rent it out,
    Arh... Indeed is one of the most value for money condo in Tg Rhu. Happy that you are in a very good position due to your early investment.

Hope that with MCE opening soon, more vehicles, big trucks and super cars(which unlikely the case) will be diverted away from Benjamin shears bridge.

Ironically, I find the super cars are the ones that make the most noise when they speed up the bridge towards city.

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Despite being close to 10 yr old, sanctuary green is superbly well maintained. That's why it has been very popular with rental....

yes, agreed. the management is very on. they been repairing or replacing things around the estate. that is one of the reason why i enjoy my stay here

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    Arh... Indeed is one of the most value for money condo in Tg Rhu. Happy that you are in a very good position due to your early investment.

Hope that with MCE opening soon, more vehicles, big trucks and super cars(which unlikely the case) will be diverted away from Benjamin shears bridge.

Ironically, I find the super cars are the ones that make the most noise when they speed up the bridge towards city.

yup.when i bought the place. every one was commenting i must be crazy to pay such high price. very lucky not to hear noise and went ahead with our decision

now waiting for the 41000 sq m stadium mall to be launch in 2014

Was at Tg Rhu park connector a while ago. Man, the place is full of Indians. Indians cycling, indians walking their dogs, Indian children playing cricket. etc. I thought I was in India. Seriously, one sure feels like a minority here. My relative who moved out told me it was bad, but I never knew it was that bad. Ironically my relative also sold to an Indian. And even the stadium MRT station is full of Indians. Nothing against any race, but one sure feels like a minority here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Was at Tg Rhu park connector a while ago. Man, the place is full of Indians. Indians cycling, indians walking their dogs, Indian children playing cricket. etc. I thought I was in India. Seriously, one sure feels like a minority here. My relative who moved out told me it was bad, but I never knew it was that bad. Ironically my relative also sold to an Indian. And even the stadium MRT station is full of Indians. Nothing against any race, but one sure feels like a minority here.
    huh? it is well known for that.

ok, quite balance, currently the stadium is under construction. many indian workers are staying at the hostel within the site, once the stadium mall complete. they should have left

have to agree indians love the area. that why when i move to the estate near to my kids school. most likely the 2 main group wanting to rent my unit would be indian and caucasians.

same like my mohamed sultan road unit, only can find japanese and caucasians staying there

from a positive angle, you wont lack tenants keen to rent your units

Indians there have very deep pockets..... They can afford to pay ....on the other hand, many angmohs do not have similar budget

Despite being close to 10 yr old, sanctuary green is superbly well maintained. That's why it has been very popular with rental....

as long u are not facing ECP it is actually great!

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    as long u are not facing ECP it is actually great!
    My view is the location that is key.Even units facing ECP, it thus provides a good view of the flyer and city skyline, as per view Puffer_fish unit warrant based on the picture he/she posted.

Many tenants will just close the windows and on the aircon. Is really a choice between view and privacy vs highway noise and looking into another.

Just the uniqueness or rather the characteristics of different projects, and this happens to be that of Sanctuary Green.

Now I'm wondering ... How will the east coast reclamation affect this area?
    I don't think it will affect at all since the bay garden and supposed commercial use of golf course is definite .. With linkage directly to east coast .. And will probably take many years for the new land to settle down.
    What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by ichigo55
    Now I'm wondering ... How will the east coast reclamation affect this area?
    I don't think it will affect at all since the bay garden and supposed commercial use of golf course is definite .. With linkage directly to east coast .. And will probably take many years for the new land to settle down.
    What do you guys think?
    Do not see how it can be impacted. Only thing is once the MCE is completed and the PCN is going to link to east coast park, there will be more option for residents in Tg Rhu to cycle. Can go towards marina bay area or hit towards east coast parkway.

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    Do not see how it can be impacted. Only thing is once the MCE is completed and the PCN is going to link to east coast park, there will be more option for residents in Tg Rhu to cycle. Can go towards marina bay area or hit towards east coast parkway.
    Yep! Directly linked to both parks without hitting the road. MCE by end of this year, and PCN by 2014. Connectivity will be improved. Also, the golf course is zoned as residential, predominantly, with a little commercial. New GLS sites there are likely to be pretty costly, and hopefully will help to support, or even pull up values in Tanjong Rhu. Just hope it won't become too crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by electron
    Yep! Directly linked to both parks without hitting the road. MCE by end of this year, and PCN by 2014. Connectivity will be improved. Also, the golf course is zoned as residential, predominantly, with a little commercial. New GLS sites there are likely to be pretty costly, and hopefully will help to support, or even pull up values in Tanjong Rhu. Just hope it won't become too crowded.
    Based on my understanding the golf course lease is generally 30yrs, and MBGC opens on Nov2006, those units facing the golf course in Tg Rhu still get to enjoy the unblock view for sometime. Once it is build up, the view will then restrict towards the flyer and city skyline.

Objectively speaking, Costa Rhu is more superior in terms of view than say WaterPlace and Sanctuary Green 20yrs down the road, ha ha ha a long time from now, so all Tg Rhu owners enjoy and have fun in the meanwhile.

Also to note that for east side condos... as long as you have city view, you are facing west sun ... Costa Rhu 's city facing units are all subjected to west sun.

I personally prefer Pebble Bay with bay view.

Also to note that for east side condos... as long as you have city view, you are facing west sun ... Costa Rhu 's city facing units are all subjected to west sun.

I personally prefer Pebble Bay with bay view.
    Western sun will be minimal or at an angle for costs rhu units that is facing the marina east garden. Generally no block and probably can go for nice afternoon coffee at the new PA water leisure center as it looks chic.

Agreed if facing Conrad will have direct afternoon sun.

PB, especially units facing the basin is a gem.

Parkshore is the only FH, in fact is another gem in its own way, but not much view.

Why so far the discussion only centre SG,PB,CR and WP. Why no one talk about Camelot-by-the-water? Super jumbo units like 3000+sf and bigger transact at 1500+psf?

Talking about Camelot, how come next door Tanjong Ria and Casuarina Cove going for much lower psf than Camelot? Anyone know why? They are more or less same years old.

Quote Originally Posted by lkm
    Why so far the discussion only centre SG,PB,CR and WP. Why no one talk about Camelot-by-the-water? Super jumbo units like 3000+sf and bigger transact at 1500+psf?

Talking about Camelot, how come next door Tanjong Ria and Casuarina Cove going for much lower psf than Camelot? Anyone know why? They are more or less same years old.
    I also duno the why the price difference.... but Camelot is at least 4-5yrs younger than TR and CC .. which is significant for a 99yr LH. Never been inside, but from outside it also looks much newer and nicer than TR ....

2013-01-24 PEBBLE BAY 136 Tanjong Rhu Road #XX-XX 3,480,000 1,658

2013-01-21 PEBBLE BAY 130 Tanjong Rhu Road #XX-XX 2,900,000 1,531

Pebble Bay is still fetching v high prices despite being more than 15yr old

I also duno the why the price difference.... but Camelot is at least 4-5yrs younger than TR and CC .. which is significant for a 99yr LH. Never been inside, but from outside it also looks much newer and nicer than TR ....

Camelot units are big.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Camelot units are big.
    Ya, but lkm was asking why the huge price difference between Camelot and Tanjong Ria + Casuarina Cove....

I notice bay facing projects like Camelot and Pebble Bay are fetching the highest psf ... despite having very large units. Sea/City/ECP facing projects are not doing as well...

Ya, but lkm was asking why the huge price difference between Camelot and Tanjong Ria + Casuarina Cove....

I notice bay facing projects like Camelot and Pebble Bay are fetching the highest psf ... despite having very large units. Sea/City/ECP facing projects are not doing as well...

yeah in the east if u see sea most likely u will have either morning or afternoon sun.

or too near to ECP.

for the perfect sea view? my take Reflection offer one of the best sea view from the high floors.

More exciting days ahead at the Tanjong Rhu Enclave =)

With the ERL MRT to be announced. The value of the place is pose to go up.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    With the ERL MRT to be announced. The value of the place is pose to go up.
    most tanjong rhu condos are 99LH. compared to the meyer road FH ones i think meyer road has more upside? generally meyer road condos are also more atas. similarly it will benefit from the ERL. just saying.
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

While it great to know the place is adding more facilities but hope the serenity of the place would still be intact

Quote Originally Posted by puffer_fish View Post
    While it great to know the place is adding more facilities but hope the serenity of the place would still be intact
    Can't agree with you more!

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post
    most tanjong rhu condos are 99LH. compared to the meyer road FH ones i think meyer road has more upside? generally meyer road condos are also more atas. similarly it will benefit from the ERL. just saying.

Yes, I agree meyer ones are more atas for sure, but rental is a lot more stronger at the tanjong rhu side due to the proximity to Kallang Leisure Mall, Stadium Mrt and the Bay front + Gardens By the Bay (East).

Did some research earlier to compare the prices between the condos at that area. I see that Pebble Bay (despite being 99LH and more than 15yrs gone), is still holding strongly to the price. The Makena (FH of around the same age), is transacting at around the same psf, if not lower.

I learn from agents several tenants after staying in Meyer are looking for units at Tj Rhu for their next lease. But for my own stay, i would prefer Meyer =)

Quote Originally Posted by puffer_fish View Post
    I think the serenity of the place has been disturbed quite a fair bit in the recent years. I am seeing many families from elsewhere driving to the enclave, park their cars by the roadside for picnics on the grass patches by the bay. The place becomes extremely packed during new year eve or national day, with people flocking to the GBTB (east) to enjoy the fireworks. Sometimes, the TP would set up road blocks, allowing only cars with resident passes to drive into the enclave.

I personally don't look forward to the building of a MRT station there. Rental is going to suffer for many years during the construction.