View Poll Results: What will alleviate the oversupply of property from 2015-2018?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Increase migration in-flows

2 100.00%
  • Loosening up some (not all) cooling measures

0 0%
  • Attracting more MNCs into Singapore

0 0%

Thread: Curbing current oversupply of housing through aggressive migration

Lightbulb Curbing current oversupply of housing through aggressive migration

Property prices have been artificially capped in the last few years (through multiple rounds of cooling measures) and most probably still continue until prices have fallen by another few more percentage points. That has tapered demand since 2013. Housing market supply exceeds demand.

Public infrastructure upgrades including public transport are currently vastly upgraded. My thoughts are that the Singapore government is spreading out the population (i.e. spreading population density to areas like Punggol), building new satellite towns like Woodlands and Jurong East to minimise the impacts of congestion of CCR and making sure the roads/trains are well greased for the next wave of foreign migration to Singapore.

Tying back to property market here, I cannot fathom who will be able to absorb this current oversupply with our low birthrates and greying population trajectory. Chinese buyers who are one of our biggest property buyer pool have also declined significantly.

Some form of rebound is in place if we are to open doors again and lift some of the cooling measures. I believe this will be done in moderation without stirring up too much negativity.

Fellow forum members care to share your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    Some form of rebound is in place if we are to open doors again and lift some of the cooling measures. I believe this will be done in moderation without stirring up too much negativity.

Fellow forum members care to share your thoughts?
    Make sense