Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The Parc (D5, Freehold, Chip Eng Seng & Lehman Brothers)

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I also prefer the no-holds-barred approach. As long as it is related to the project, why not? What's the point of saying every project is wonderful or trying to tone down our views? Only people with character have strong views - imagine everyone come in and say this project is "ok" and that project is "ok" or "it depends". These are the WORST "cover your a*s" comments. In real life, we are plastic enough, but in a forum there is no need to be so plastic. But PERSONAL ATTACKS or racial rants which are prevalent in some threads would be a no-no.
    wat r the properties u have currently?

the aqua pool concept quite cool yeah can be Parc USP? But its a challenge to exercise in water?

I am quite disappointed with the interior thou...make me think it seems more like HDB btw, the samsung digital lock I also have wor... :P

Quality of interior furnishings are quite good...

Master bathroom:

Only some windows are frosted glass, Haha...the others fully clear... so must install blinds...
    Last edited by plan; 04-08-10 at 00:25.

i am easily contented...got marbles happy oredi

but hor...may nid to build a cabinet below the sink to cover the ugly thingy

Yup need some reno works lah... but also quite decent as it is already. Yup intend to build more cabinets for storage space...
    Last edited by plan; 04-08-10 at 00:31.

Default The Parc

Well, in this world, such clowns exist, and they simply make this world more exciting to live in, these clowns im referring to are those ppl who badmouth at this project.

When Im staying in The Centris at Jurong West, lots of such clowns appear too and condemn for the west pollution issue, noisy shopping centre, crowded area and traffic..blah blah blah the list goes on and on, now The Centris price peaks at 900+ PSF, so if this place is crap, why the transacted price is still so high? Fools buying?

Now i had hop over in The Parc, still saw these bunch of clowns exists, a clown staying in Crappybelle says Parc is ugly, well Crappybelle looks more like a old crappy HDB estate in my opinion.

Nothing beats convenience, The Parc is situated near the MRT and the upcoming mega mall in Clementi, with its FH status, no project in the vicinity actually catch my eyes. So it does not surprise me that this project is well sought after and are the Top popular condo in Singapore, as Singaporeans still prefers convenience and Freehold project, the price explains itself again, it has been rising steadily since TOP.

So to the clowns here, pls continue to excite my day
    Last edited by kongming; 06-08-10 at 17:59. Reason: Adding of additional words

Quote Originally Posted by kongming
    Well, in this world, such clowns exist, and they simply make this world more exciting to live in, these clowns im referring to are those ppl who badmouth at this project.

When Im staying in The Centris at Jurong West, lots of such clowns appear too and condemn for the west pollution issue, noisy shopping centre, crowded area and traffic..blah blah blah the list goes on and on, now The Centris price peaks at 900+ PSF, so if this place is crap, why the transacted price is still so high? Fools buying?

Now i had hop over in The Parc, still saw these bunch of clowns exists, a clown staying in Crappybelle says Parc is ugly, well Crappybelle looks more like a old crappy HDB estate in my opinion.

Nothing beats convenience, The Parc is situated near the MRT and the upcoming mega mall in Clementi, with its FH status, no project in the vicinity actually catch my eyes. So it does not surprise me that this project is well sought after and are the Top popular condo in Singapore, as Singaporeans still prefers convenience and Freehold project, the price explains itself again, it has been rising steadily since TOP.

kongming is smart...don't bother about what others say lah... if it is true, its true.. even if price is $1000 psf and keep on increasing.. don't take price as a single measure for project success and disregard the rest... centris $900 psf.. the rest also increased right? Unless u r saying centris $900, rest did not increase at all, then I would say u r right....

centris is a $4xx psf project... buyers are paying for $4xx psf quality... that's why they are fools.....

oh, more parabooneks there...

rising tides lift all boats, ugly or pretty. the low interest environment makes all condo more pricey than before, including the parc condo and centris. but the fact remains that the parc condo is the king of ugly condos. so ugly that I would not live in it it you offer me a unit for free.

It is silly to argue just because the price is going up, it must not be ugly. just look at hdb homes. prices are skyrocketing, but are these dwellings pretty to look at?

btw, kudos to you for having lived in two of the most ugly condos in singapore. you sure have a sense of beauty.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Personally I believe Parc is the most convenient of all the condos along the West Coast area along AYE, the only one which can barely walk to Clementi MRT station (though still far but the rest are not even considered walkable!). Besides it is the stadium and some eateries (vs the rest with zero amenities within walking distance). Quality wise I don't know but just the location itself wins hands-down compared to the others in West Coast along AYE (and location itself is the mostx3 important!)

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    rising tides lift all boats, ugly or pretty. the low interest environment makes all condo more pricey than before, including the parc condo and centris. but the fact remains that the parc condo is the king of ugly condos. so ugly that I would not live in it it you offer me a unit for free.

It is silly to argue just because the price is going up, it must not be ugly. just look at hdb homes. prices are skyrocketing, but are these dwellings pretty to look at?

btw, kudos to you for having lived in two of the most ugly condos in singapore. you sure have a sense of beauty.
    every1 taste different....to me both looks ok leh...arte looks abit ugly though with the iron balcony railings....

i very simple: which ever ppty makes $ for me...it is damn beauitiful....lose $ DAMN UGLY!
    got $ just buy landed and build ur dream homes la...buy big big land...build 50m lap pool, own tennis court, gym etc and employ tons of bikinis maids haha ...y buy condo

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Wah, you like that insult the many billionaires/multi-millionaires now living in penthouses of many luxury condos in Singapore (like Modhi in The Sail and those on top of Orchard Residences and The MarQ@Paterson bought at $5k psf)?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    every1 taste different....to me both looks ok leh...arte looks abit ugly though with the iron balcony railings....

i very simple: which ever ppty makes $ for me...it is damn beauitiful....lose $ DAMN UGLY!
    got $ just buy landed and build ur dream homes la...buy big big land...build 50m lap pool, own tennis court, gym etc and employ tons of bikinis maids haha ...y buy condo

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Wah, you like that insult the many billionaires/multi-millionaires now living in penthouses of many luxury condos in Singapore (like Modhi in The Sail and those on top of Orchard Residences and The MarQ@Paterson bought at $5k psf)?
    build own dream house according to their taste...so tat dun have to argue my condo is nicer den others....which is so so silly

build own dream house according to their taste...so tat dun have to argue my condo is nicer den others....which is so so silly
    not arguing for the sake of winning an argument. it is true that the parc is very ugly. not just me. if you get a panel of ten persons plucked off the street, probably 9 would say "what is wrong with this condo, why is it so ugly looking?"

then, what is a nice looking condo in this area? both clementiwoods and botannia are pretty well designed and built. I don't own a unit in either condo. Moreover, convenient is a relative word. while the parc is closer to clementi MRT, it is farther from that mrt station than condos in other areas to their nearest MRT stations. Metropolitan is ugly, but it has an MRT track overhead. That is how convenient it is. So, what is the selling point of the parc condo? none probably. that is why, the current price is about the same as that at the launch.

not arguing for the sake of winning an argument. it is true that the parc is very ugly. not just me. if you get a panel of ten persons plucked off the street, probably 9 would say "what is wrong with this condo, why is it so ugly looking?"

then, what is a nice looking condo in this area? both clementiwoods and botannia are pretty well designed and built. I don't own a unit in either condo. Moreover, convenient is a relative word. while the parc is closer to clementi MRT, it is farther from that mrt station than condos in other areas to their nearest MRT stations. Metropolitan is ugly, but it has an MRT track overhead. That is how convenient it is. So, what is the selling point of the parc condo? none probably. that is why, the current price is about the same as that at the launch.
    y clemwood and botannia nice looking and y metro is ugly? i find them pretty norm...

I thought there was a discussion some time back in the forum ...

The conclusion of which house is nicer is ultimately dependent on the buyer who stay in it or invest in it.. and is a factor of price and location and nothing to do with the design and facilities... keke..

eg, if you stay in HDB, you look out..view not nice.. everything not nice..
    if you stay in $1mil condo, you look out..view nicer than hdb.. everything nicer than hdb.. but you will feel it's not as nice as your friend's $3mil condo somewhere else.
    if you stay in a $3mil condo, you look out ..view nicer than $1mil condo.. everything nicer than $1mil condo .. but you will feel it's not as nice as your other friend's $6mil condo... keke

This is a good question - why is Parc still so cheap and selling price now comes close to launch price? If buyers are buying to flip, surely they can't break even at this rate? I was wondering why this is a very popular subsale condo - if it's like One Amber it makes sense cos the flippers earn tons of profit (700psf selling at 1300psf) but it's funny to buy at 750psf and sell at 800psf+ in case of The Parc. Apart from the comments on its aesthetic sense, any other reasons? Too many units perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    I thought there was a discussion some time back in the forum ...

The conclusion of which house is nicer is ultimately dependent on the buyer who stay in it or invest in it.. and is a factor of price and location and nothing to do with the design and facilities... keke..

eg, if you stay in HDB, you look out..view not nice.. everything not nice..
    if you stay in $1mil condo, you look out..view nicer than hdb.. everything nicer than hdb.. but you will feel it's not as nice as your friend's $3mil condo somewhere else.
    if you stay in a $3mil condo, you look out ..view nicer than $1mil condo.. everything nicer than $1mil condo .. but you will feel it's not as nice as your other friend's $6mil condo... keke
    That's right. The value of a house depends on the view outside which in turns depends on the price inside.

This is called the "Inside-Outside-Inside" law in PROPERTISM.

For example, some people keep saying that Singapore's seaview is not nice compared to other countries'.

Along the coast of Africa and South America, for a few thousand kilometres, you can easily get views like these but they are cheapskate and hence not nice. See how grey and murky their water is ... YUKS!!!

In contrast, see how crystal clear blue our Sentosa Cove water is in front of these $20 million houses.

You are absolutely WRONG! How can you prove that recent transactions of The Parc are only 800+? Those 800+/psf are those buyers who bot it during launch 2007 and now secure a loan, currently this condo is transacted over 1k/psf. Pls open your eye big big and check

15 West Coast Walk #17-26
    Freehold
    $977
    $1430k
    21 Jul 10
    11 West Coast Walk #09-22
    Freehold
    $1022
    $1320k
    21 Jul 10
    1 West Coast Walk #08-01
    Freehold
    $946
    $1344k
    19 Jul 10
    3 West Coast Walk #03-06
    Freehold
    $960
    $1167k
    12 Jul 10
    15 West Coast Walk #17-27
    Freehold
    $1080
    $1639k
    08 Jul 10
    9 West Coast Walk #01-17
    Freehold
    $860
    $1028k
    02 Jul 10
    15 West Coast Walk #21-27
    Freehold
    $1070
    $1624k
    30 Jun 10
    15 West Coast Walk #11-27
    Freehold
    $1020
    $1548k
    24 Jun 10
    7 West Coast Walk #20-15
    Freehold
    $1077
    $1600k
    24 Jun 10

Quote Originally Posted by successnowhere
    You are absolutely WRONG! How can you prove that recent transactions of The Parc are only 800+? Those 800+/psf are those buyers who bot it during launch 2007 and now secure a loan, currently this condo is transacted over 1k/psf. Pls open your eye big big and check

15 West Coast Walk #17-26
    Freehold
    $977
    $1430k
    21 Jul 10
    Freehold
    $1022
    $1320k
    21 Jul 10
    1 West Coast Walk #08-01
    Freehold
    $946
    $1344k
    19 Jul 10
    3 West Coast Walk #03-06
    Freehold
    $960
    $1167k
    12 Jul 10
    Freehold
    $1080
    $1639k
    08 Jul 10
    9 West Coast Walk #01-17
    Freehold
    $860
    $1028k
    02 Jul 10
    15 West Coast Walk #21-27
    Freehold
    $1070
    $1624k
    30 Jun 10
    15 West Coast Walk #11-27
    Freehold
    $1020
    $1548k
    24 Jun 10
    7 West Coast Walk #20-15
    Freehold
    $1077
    $1600k
    24 Jun 10

If i remember correctly the parc was launched at $950psf so even at $1000psf or $1080psf the owner only barley makes 100+psf and that is 2-3 years later which is very pathetic and mind you if you minus stamp duty and bank loan penalty that is almost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by cher
    If i remember correctly the parc was launched at $950psf so even at $1000psf or $1080psf the owner only barley makes 100+psf and that is 2-3 years later which is very pathetic and mind you if you minus stamp duty and bank loan penalty that is almost nothing.
    that plus the fact that condos nearby have all doubled in value. so, who said that looks don't matter? chuck Yeager famously said that a airplane that doesn't look good will not fly right. does that apply to condos? sure it does. as I said, the squashed looks of the parc, which reminds me of a squashed cake, mean low ceilings, which mean uncomfortable and claustrophobic living for residents.

chuck Yeager famously said that a airplane that doesn't look good will not fly right.
    yea a plane's no good if it can only turn left

Quote Originally Posted by cher
    so I got my figures wrong paiseh

but if you buy at 950psf, break even is around 1020 psf - had the same money been invested in somewhere else the gain would be a lot more.

i may be wrong.. but iirc probably launched at avg 800psf

Aiyo! Guess I shall stop visiting this forum and go back to myhometown forum, here lots of brainless and nonsence people who only know how to talking rubblish here

Quote Originally Posted by successnowhere
    Aiyo! Guess I shall stop visiting this forum and go back to myhometown forum, here lots of brainless and nonsence people who only know how to talking rubblish here
    Haha, in this forum, there are some with hidden agenda when they post. I had proven that this particular person is totally biased in his opinion.

Look how he said abt Nanhua pri school when he couldn't get his sons into it. Before that, he was worried whether his son could get in but when he lost his chance during balloting, he started bad-mouthing about the school. It is the same logic when he talks about condos here...as long as he doesn't hold a stake in it, he will start bad-mouthing about them when given a chance. You can be sure, all his remarks about other condos are sarcastic except when it comes to his 'centre of universe'.

So just have a good laugh when he starts posting...afterall, you need a stage for a clown to perform...

Happy National Day to all Singaporeans!!

Quote Originally Posted by august
    i may be wrong.. but iirc probably launched at avg 800psf
    No, you are wrong. we were at the showflat. while we did get in, the word at that time was the average is 900 to 1000 psf.

No, you are wrong. we were at the showflat. while we did get in, the word at that time was the average is 900 to 1000 psf.
    He is not wrong... Those having "Privilege" got to buy the unit there at around 800psf.

anyway, average launch prices around 850psf

The Parc:

Freehold
    $1022
    $1320k
    21 Jul 10
    1 West Coast Walk #08-01
    Freehold
    $946
    $1344k
    19 Jul 10
    3 West Coast Walk #03-06
    Freehold
    $960
    $1167k
    12 Jul 10
    Freehold
    $1080
    $1639k
    08 Jul 10

Carabelle:

61 West Coast Way #12-20
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $891
    $1850k
    08 Jul 10
    51 West Coast Way #12-02
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $938
    $1635k
    05 Jul 10
    59 West Coast Way #11-15
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $1000
    $947k
    28 Jun 10
    51 West Coast Way #12-03
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $863
    $1820k
    31 Mar 10
    51 West Coast Way #08-02
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $1045
    $922k
    25 Mar 10
    59 West Coast Way #09-16
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $889
    $1120k
    24 Mar 10

Botannia:

29B West Coast Park #03-21
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $1029
    $930k
    21 Jul 10
    33A West Coast Park #10-40
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $947
    $1540k
    20 Jul 10
    29B West Coast Park #05-21
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $1048
    $880k
    18 Jun 10
    31 West Coast Park #05-24
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $935
    $1500k
    17 Jun 10
    31 West Coast Park #10-25
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $898
    $1150k
    09 Jun 10

100 Trees:

93 West Coast Drive #03-29
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $1208
    $585k
    29 Jun 10
    81 West Coast Drive #04-04
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $915
    $1201k
    15 Jun 10
    93 West Coast Drive #08-28
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $1252
    $606k
    23 Apr 10
    81 West Coast Drive #06-04
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $926
    $1216k
    20 Apr 10
    81 West Coast Drive #07-04
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $930
    $1221k
    13 Apr 10
    81 West Coast Drive #02-04
    956 Yrs From 27/05/1928
    $902
    $1184k
    09 Apr 10

based on latest caveats: The Parc is on par with the rest....even it looks ugly to some....the free market doesnt tink so apparently.

it is vy funny to use % gain to determine the beauty of a project....The Parc was launched at the previous peak....so buyers bot in the wrong timing and dun make much profit not bcoz the facade is ugly.

If the facade is so ugly and the masses feels the same, their current prices shd be lower compared to the rest

I bought a mid floor premium stack at below 800psf during their 1st preview in2007. I sold it for more than 1000psf recently for a decent net profit of more than 300K.

I think this is a nice project. I don't understand why so many forumers here condemn this project.