Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Vue 8 Residences

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
    Is the price quoted an estimate? Think it's $300 or 6 lots? Read at other forum.

Honesty I like the serene surrounding a lot. As compared to the development at the mrt.

But interior I like seastrend the best.
    Just to add what I have mentioned in my other thread...I lived quite near an mrt track before for many many years. very noisy. Even if buffer by the flats I still think noisy.

I prefer somewhere quiet and serene. I am surprised quite a few units left for this project. But it is just next to an international school maybe not so quiet (not sure got school bells??). Walkable to MRT for those who walk a lot like me. The units facing towards the pasir ris heights terrace will very breezy and unblocked.

I used to go to that end of the pasir ris park instead of downtown east side coz more exclusive.

The side near downtown east too many condo development. The downtown east usually very packed with people.

Is the price quoted an estimate? Think it's $300 or 6 lots? Read at other forum.

Honesty I like the serene surrounding a lot. As compared to the development at the mrt.

But interior I like seastrend the best.
    All maintenance fees are estimates for new projects. Only finalised by the developer when the project TOP.

What is the maintenance fee like for the 2 bedders? inc of gst?
    how much does the owners have to set aside for the sinking fund?
    Estimated $50 per share...and most 2 bedders at Vue8 have 6 shares so yes about $300

Default 2 bedders

Any 2-bedders left for this launch? Looking for own stay. Budget around 700-750k.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingjupiter View Post
    Any 2-bedders left for this launch? Looking for own stay. Budget around 700-750k.
    This project has poor sales. Since launch, only about 35% of total number of units sold. Therefore, likely to have 1 and 2 bedders still available.

Hi dancing Jupiter,

Yes, there are 2 Bedroom units at Vue8 fitting your budget...Please contact me at 91087536. ..Raymond SLP

Rental should be ok with Overseas Family School beside it completed next year

Quote Originally Posted by amazon777 View Post
    Rental should be ok with Overseas Family School beside it completed next year
    Coco palms "Coco Palms is the latest condominium in the private residential enclave along Pasir Ris Grove, just minutes' ... Tenure of Land, 99 years lease w.e.f 7 Jan 2008." will take 5 years to build...so TOP will be around 2019? By then 10 years would already have lapsed.

comes with lots of Bay windows (even in toilet), planter ledge although with no balcony..generally smaller units too... do correct me if I am wrong.

So Vue 8 is a better buy for home owners, no planter ledge and bay windows...more sensible buy with more livable space..Tenure of Land, 99 years lease w.e.f 7 Jan 2012...estimate TOP is in 2017. By then 5 years would already have lapsed. And again do correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
    Hi dancing Jupiter,

Yes, there are 2 Bedroom units at Vue8 fitting your budget...Please contact me at 91087536. ..Raymond SLP
    Hmm, I contacted the developer sales team and was told that the cheapest 2 bedder is 798 k. Where is the discrepancy in price coming from?

Saw the floor plan of various 2-bedders.. Kind of disappointed that there's no yard area. Is there space for dryer in the kitchen?

Hmm, I contacted the developer sales team and was told that the cheapest 2 bedder is 798 k. Where is the discrepancy in price coming from?

Saw the floor plan of various 2-bedders.. Kind of disappointed that there's no yard area. Is there space for dryer in the kitchen?
    If u study the floor plan carefully.. Should be able to mount on top of the washing machine..?

So fast the cheaper units sold out? Last month still have.

N there is no yard or bombshelter for 2 bedders designs for quite some time liao...been looking around ..maybe waterview project resale still have.

If u study the floor plan carefully.. Should be able to mount on top of the washing machine..?

So fast the cheaper units sold out? Last month still have.

N there is no yard or bombshelter for 2 bedders designs for quite some time liao...been looking around ..maybe waterview project resale still have.
    Do you reckon there will be further price drop towards the end of the year? Heard this condo is not selling very well. Maybe i'll wait until then to get a 3-bedder if the price is right.

Do you reckon there will be further price drop towards the end of the year? Heard this condo is not selling very well. Maybe i'll wait until then to get a 3-bedder if the price is right.
    Honesty I dunno if the price going to "drop" further. I m still looking around since my HB is overseas.. Can't really discuss with him on the choice units. Wanna buy for our own stay.

You have to weigh the pros n cons...we have been waiting since 2011 or 2012 for the price to drop. Well in the end the price did drop - in terms of quantum lor. But so are the sizes. We have seen sizes shrunk from 2 bedders with yard to the current sizes..In other words you get a smaller unit...pay lesser...but in terms of psf it's higher.

For the launches you are seeing right now..The developers have already paid a certain price for the piece of land...for this piece it's relatively cheaper than stratum next door. So the prices not too ex or cheap..middle region ba.

if you can really afford to wait..let's say another 5 -6 years or so for really cheaper units..the subsequent developer land biddings should be moderated..maybe slightly cheaper ba. But no guarantee that they will sell bigger 2 bedders with yard store etc coz the current market already indicate that there is demand for 2 bedders with no yard etc. Why they want to spoil market n cut into their profits?

N do keep in mind that these developers might have suffered losses for their past projects n thus would want to recoup their past losses by maybe building smaller units with cheaper materials etc for their future projects.

In short there is still a risk you get smaller unit..be it.2 room or 3 room. N the longer u wait the loan tenure u qualify will be shorter..with Fed tapering soon. N if u choose to wait for the later launches...by the 7-8 years when the project TOP... the bank interes rates would have restored to norm. Currently the bank rates is at historical low...so cheaper units but higher bank loan rates with shorter loan tenure ba.

N if it's for your home stay..u might not want to get the left over units..coz will be either face noisy roads..or substation. I remember the cheapest stack for d'nest 2 bedder n 3 bedder is just next to the substation!!

So it's really up to u. There is no guarantee that price will drop further or u will end up with a unit you love at a cheaper price.

My feel is that the good units are always all sold out quickly...

We can only say we would have brought at the 2012 back then instead of waiting.

N the projects we have seen so far vue 8 is the best..for own stay lar. It's exclusive.. Not too ulu...still .accessible to amenities.. Elias mall..west plaza...the stack 99 n 83 facing the landed..definitely no block in future.. Got sea breeze..N no west sun!! plus not at a potential traffic jam point near the MRT if u studied the lta maps..etc..

As for the sea horizontal..ripple bay..water colors condo area that.side..iirc Those sea facing units Kenna west sun.....only one bus service that stretch of road..N nearest amenities is downtown east..

If u compare the upcoming coco launch with so many unusable spaces such as bay windows..planter ledge etc somemore left 89 years of lease..this project seems more worth it.

So in the end really up to u..to do the research n decide.
    Last edited by Yuki; 02-05-14 at 20:59.

Btw if size is really of an issue to u..then u should consider resale..see anyone very desperate to sell. But bearing in mind if it's resale..need to check really carefully before takeover.

Wait until 10% GST kick in after 2015/2016 GE completed...all prices will definitely go up...

Quote Originally Posted by Strata View Post
    Wait until 10% GST kick in after 2015/2016 GE completed...all prices will definitely go up...
    Huh do we need to pay gst for property purchases?

N here is the article on shrinking Units:http://www.condosingapore.com/forums...ad.php?t=21340

Btw if size is really of an issue to u..then u should consider resale..see anyone very desperate to sell. But bearing in mind if it's resale..need to check really carefully before takeover.
    I've been eyeing on resale condos and HDB in various locations for awhile now. I'm currently renting a spacious 2-bedder in D23 for 2.8k a month and my lease ends next february. If I buy a new launch, i'll have to continue renting until the condo achieves its TOP.

I've lived small units before (~ 700sqft) so that's the minimum I'm willing to go. Bigger is of course better but location matters even more as I have an infant. Proximity to schools and amenities are crucial.

For resale I'm considering Maysprings or Hillview Regency in D23 - cheapest and nearby to schools and amenities. Condos in the north are nice and reasonably priced for its size but abit far out.

For new launch I'm looking at Riversails (1st choice as its reaching TOP soonest), Riverbank or Vue 8.

Worst case I'll just go for a spacious HDB in Queenstown/Redhill/Clementi where good schools and amenities are abundant.

I've been eyeing on resale condos and HDB in various locations for awhile now. I'm currently renting a spacious 2-bedder in D23 for 2.8k a month and my lease ends next february. If I buy a new launch, i'll have to continue renting until the condo achieves its TOP.

I've lived small units before (~ 700sqft) so that's the minimum I'm willing to go. Bigger is of course better but location matters even more as I have an infant. Proximity to schools and amenities are crucial.

For resale I'm considering Maysprings or Hillview Regency in D23 - cheapest and nearby to schools and amenities. Condos in the north are nice and reasonably priced for its size but abit far out.

For new launch I'm looking at Riversails (1st choice as its reaching TOP soonest), Riverbank or Vue 8.

Worst case I'll just go for a spacious HDB in Queenstown/Redhill/Clementi where good schools and amenities are abundant.
    I have been to riverbank..fell in love with the loft 2 bedders...4m ceiling iirc...

Riversails slighter bigger 2 bedder...nicer interiors..N it's cheap..but the thing I dislike about the 2 is the location. Not very convenient...
    Both near rivers or canals..

But if u intend to move to red hills..etc..can look at the Commonwealth launch..But 2 bedders starting from 90k? Hdb should be very ex..need to set aside reno cost..

In the end it's up to you.N your lifestyle.. Budget..needs..pasir ris very popular with families coz near park activities.. Kids will love it.

Anyway..we lived in the east since young.. .so know the place quite well..we just want to move near our parents.

A happy riverbank 2br loft buyer here

Yeh u will really fall in luv with it, 4.5m to be exact and loft platform provided by developer too

When seletar mall opens end of this year it's gonna be convenient

Quote Originally Posted by juztin View Post
    A happy riverbank 2br loft buyer here

Yeh u will really fall in luv with it, 4.5m to be exact and loft platform provided by developer too

When seletar mall opens end of this year it's gonna be convenient
    How much did you pay for it? I think all 2-bedders are sold out now.

How much did you pay for it? I think all 2-bedders are sold out now.
    Loft 2 bedders with furniture deck hovering around 860k or more..

2 bedders loft no furniture is 50k lesser.

Other units depending facing other units or river is priced similar to vue 8..which has 700k onwards.

After factoring in the location n that pasir ris is a mature estate..we moved on to the east.

I looked at the 2 bedders left in vue 8 n understand why not much 700k to 800k units left..Mostly left with high floor..

Side track a bit... Anyway if location is the reason why units in vue 8 are not moving fast enough.. I wondered How come stratum which is only one busstop away sold much better?

When I first saw the vue 8 showflat then I immediately understand liao..the interior designer for the project really cmi. She used bulky thick urniture n dark colors n made the rooms look far smaller than it is..especially since the ceiling height is not a generous 2.9 or 3m!

She still make patterns at the ceiling edges to draw people attention to the height...N used hanging dining lights somemore which is a nono! Aiyo!

No showcase of multi functional furniture to let prospective buyers rethink how they can reuse the space. Left a big gap between the basin n wall for what?! Let the items roll off the basin n down on the floor?

Even left the precious space above the wardrobe.. In the ceiling boxed up with false walls..used hdb look alike tiles...the bulky furniture used so old school.. Like just throw a few chairs together n that's it..? Hello..the units have been shrinking.. Really not in tune with what homeowners pain points n their concerns .

.Cdl designers at coco palms used mirrors on the ceiling to further make their 2.9m ceiling higher than it actually is..used all the available space for storage. In short the designer should.take a leaf from them..

Although homeowners should not purchase the units based on the interior design..they should at least know what potentially they can do with their units..

first impressions always make it or kills..my family even mistaken that the 904 sqm unit at coco palms is far bigger than the 1044 sqm unit at vue 8 until I told them otherwise.

I remember the designer at the flo residence did a better job..will someone please feedback this to the developer?
    Last edited by Yuki; 04-05-14 at 12:11.

Typo..904 sqf unit at coco palms is far bigger than the 1044 sqf unit at vue 8 until I told them otherwise.

Loft 2 bedders with furniture deck hovering around 860k or more..

2 bedders loft no furniture is 50k lesser.

Other units depending facing other units or river is priced similar to vue 8..which has 700k onwards.

After factoring in the location n that pasir ris is a mature estate..we moved on to the east.

I looked at the 2 bedders left in vue 8 n understand why not much 700k to 800k units left..Mostly left with high floor..

838k to be exact, loft decking cost 50-80k to do. Add 50sqf livable space

Recent transaction $925psf for 947 3-br

Side track a bit... Anyway if location is the reason why units in vue 8 are not moving fast enough.. I wondered How come stratum which is only one busstop away sold much better?

When I first saw the vue 8 showflat then I immediately understand liao..the interior designer for the project really cmi. She used bulky thick urniture n dark colors n made the rooms look far smaller than it is..especially since the ceiling height is not a generous 2.9 or 3m!

She still make patterns at the ceiling edges to draw people attention to the height...N used hanging dining lights somemore which is a nono! Aiyo!

No showcase of multi functional furniture to let prospective buyers rethink how they can reuse the space. Left a big gap between the basin n wall for what?! Let the items roll off the basin n down on the floor?

Even left the precious space above the wardrobe.. In the ceiling boxed up with false walls..used hdb look alike tiles...the bulky furniture used so old school.. Like just throw a few chairs together n that's it..? Hello..the units have been shrinking.. Really not in tune with what homeowners pain points n their concerns .

.Cdl designers at coco palms used mirrors on the ceiling to further make their 2.9m ceiling higher than it actually is..used all the available space for storage. In short the designer should.take a leaf from them..

Although homeowners should not purchase the units based on the interior design..they should at least know what potentially they can do with their units..

first impressions always make it or kills..my family even mistaken that the 904 sqm unit at coco palms is far bigger than the 1044 sqm unit at vue 8 until I told them otherwise.

I remember the designer at the flo residence did a better job..will someone please feedback this to the developer?
    TDSR is a critical factor for Vue8 to not be able to clear units when first launch to create the hype, thus losing the momentum thereafter. And Stratum is priced at the same price range compared to Vue 8, somemore it has lower patio ratio and resorts-like low-rise building structure. And then later on Inflora launched and set the price benchmark for those who are out there looking for OCR properties in the East, which worsened the sales of Vue8. It's just my two cents on the Vue8's situation. It could be totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveYoung View Post
    TDSR is a critical factor for Vue8 to not be able to clear units when first launch to create the hype, thus losing the momentum thereafter. And Stratum is priced at the same price range compared to Vue 8, somemore it has lower patio ratio and resorts-like low-rise building structure. And then later on Inflora launched and set the price benchmark for those who are out there looking for OCR properties in the East, which worsened the sales of Vue8. It's just my two cents on the Vue8's situation. It could be totally wrong.
    Indeed, Vue8 Residence had the misfortune of being the first condo launch after the introduction of TDSR.

From investment point of view, Vue8 being just next to the future Overseas Family School has a lot going for it.

As for criticism regarding the decor...Please note that new condos come bare with only the flooring and the wardrobes, kitchen cabinets & selected appliances.
    So how your condo will look ultimately depends on the skill of your interior designer.

Indeed, Vue8 Residence had the misfortune of being the first condo launch after the introduction of TDSR.

From investment point of view, Vue8 being just next to the future Overseas Family School has a lot going for it.

As for criticism regarding the decor...Please note that new condos come bare with only the flooring and the wardrobes, kitchen cabinets & selected appliances.
    So how your condo will look ultimately depends on the skill of your interior designer.
    I think you totally missed my point.

The developer could have used nicer tiles, wardrobe laminate finishing instead of making the interior look so hdb like.

Frankly I really like the place, size etc. Just the interior designer made it look worse instead of better against the already so plain interiors while other Ids drum up the good features or creative ideas to make the plain look wow.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveYoung View Post
    I analysed against these points too..most importantly stratum is actually priced higher.. Perhaps Due to nearer to mrt n the interior furnishing I guess.

But of course good point is that it's under appreciated.. Slow sales Keep the prices from going too high up? Heard prices go up after the vvip launch?

I think you totally missed my point.

The developer could have used nicer tiles, wardrobe laminate finishing instead of making the interior look so hdb like.

Frankly I really like the place, size etc. Just the interior designer made it look worse instead of better against the already so plain interiors while other Ids drum up the good features or creative ideas to make the plain look wow.
    Dear Yuki,

I wasn't criticising your point...just that the finishing at Vue8 while not being top notch....is on par with many other mass market condo new launches. Many forummers here are novice condo buyers and easily influenced

Dear Yuki,

I wasn't criticising your point...just that the finishing at Vue8 while not being top notch....is on par with many other mass market condo new launches. Many forummers here are novice condo buyers and easily influenced
    Oic.. Sure I get it. I really mean the look n feel that's all... There are many types of different designs the developer can get based on the grade n quality.. It bothers me why of all they chose those..

Anyway nowadays the so called good furnishings we see at showflats do not translate to same standards in the actual unit 3 years down the road.