Thread: Selections Dilemma

Default Selections Dilemma

Dear readers,

My wife and I are in the process of purchasing a condo apartment for own stay.

My selection are 1) The Glades at Tanan Merah 2) Rivertress Residences in Sengkang, Fernvale. Intend is to get a 3 bedroom unit. I know in term of location, The Glades is most accessible and connectivity is good. Layout is typical of any condo apartment.

What is troubling me is the size of the apartments giving the fact that Glades floor are average at 94sqm/1012sqf. While Rivertree residences is 104sqm/1119sqf. Layout is good and spacious. Rivertree Residences command a view of the Sengkang river. But traffic condition in and out of the estate is bad during peak hours.

Prices between the 2 properties is about the same.

Hence, I would like readers to comments on these 2 properties.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lala7571 View Post
    Dear readers,

My selection are 1) The Glades at Tanan Merah 2) Rivertress Residences in Sengkang, Fernvale. Intend is to get a 3 bedroom unit. I know in term of location, The Glades is most accessible and connectivity is good. Layout is typical of any condo apartment.

What is troubling me is the size of the apartments giving the fact that Glades floor are average at 94sqm/1012sqf. While Rivertree residences is 104sqm/1119sqf. Layout is good and spacious. Rivertree Residences command a view of the Sengkang river. But traffic condition in and out of the estate is bad during peak hours.

Thank you
    RR is near LRT while TG is near MRT.

Sound like you drive so your concern is on the traffic. If you drive, RR is good choice because once you hit KPE, traffic is smooth. You enjoy bigger space and your family members will appreciate it.

If you do not drive and if LRT is fine with you, then go for RR.

TG will be probably command higher rental and easier to rent out if you plan to rent it out later.

Me & wife looked at Glades last year 2bedder for invest/rent out.
    Loved the landscape. Convenient location. Easy to rent out.
    Did not commit as PSF then still too high. Abv $1.4k.

For own stay The Glades is a lovely project.
    Interior well specced too.

Cheers!

The Glades, definitely (imo)....
    But if you have other consideration for primary schools etc, then have to expand your search beyond these two condos...

Dear readers,

Thank you

if these are the ONLY 2 choices, and for own stay, then go for the Glades ...

If you plan to rent out next time, do note that there are many competitions on both sides of the MRT.

For that matter, i personally avoid D15, 16 when going for investment properties... own stay ..D16 is better than 15

Obviously The Glades, better location.

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    Obviously The Glades, better location.
    location, comfort, location, comfort, always a hard decision to make.

and when u have both location & comfort, it is usually a very old property..

that's wat i'm facing.. hehe
    Ong lai ah!

Quote Originally Posted by onglai View Post

How can both be similar price? One is better than the other in terms of convenience and region.

Besides those attributes, it must have upside potential even though it is for own stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by onglai View Post

Glades stack 42 is about 1.6mil. transacted price is 1.37 mil for a 7th storey unit. 92 sqm. (3 bedroom with a storeroom). Rivertrees residences stack 15 17th storey is about 1.26 mil (3 bedroom veranda) 104sqm.

Glades stack 42 is about 1.6mil. transacted price is 1.37 mil for a 7th storey unit. 92 sqm. (3 bedroom with a storeroom). Rivertrees residences stack 15 17th storey is about 1.26 mil (3 bedroom veranda) 104sqm.
    I c.... Glade made better investment as is near mrt..., if I buy, I still consider glade in terms of rental and asset sustainability😃