Thread: Any Singapore Condos without main gate?

Default Any Singapore Condos without main gate?

Hi Brothers and Sisters here

Has any one of you ever come across a condo anywhere in Singapore that has neither physical main gate (aka open concept type) nor smaller gate for human traffic, which mean it's open 24 hrs and only with two pairs of auto barriers (1 pair for car in and the other pair for car out) which response to transponder on car. Human traffic can just get into a condo from any part of the widely "opened" entrance with the security guy only can chase after ghost as the gate is too wide to take care by 1 or 2 guard on duty if there are too many people getting into the condo at the same time.

Well, it's just like an expensive HDB, it's even worst than a DBSS and an EC.

Have la... Low maintenance. Nothing wrong with that. Why pay so much for security just to press the button to lift up the barrier

To add on the first thread, I mean a fully fenced up development but main entrance have no main gate, also no small gate. There is a back entrance with gate, fully closed, mainly for rubbish truck to come in.

If sack the security, more Tom Dick and Harry will just walk in even freely. And also for driving visitors coming in, have to bring down transponder to open barrier for friends one by one. Can't imaging...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Many of the small estates are like that (as far as I know)................
    Avoid because maintenance fees for these small estates are very high once the property is >10 years old............

And Security guards fees will become a lot more expensive as Progressive Wage aka Multi-tier Min Wage is going to be introduced to the guards soon............

Overall there is going to be large increase in inflation for the next 5 years (and hence large increase in Maintenance fees (especially for small estates)) because of implementation of Progressive Wages to (1) Cleaners, (2) Gardeners/landscapers, (3) Security Guards (who are all needed regardless of the size of your estate!)

Quote Originally Posted by CondoInterested View Post
    To add on the first thread, I mean a fully fenced up development but main entrance have no main gate, also no small gate. There is a back entrance with gate, fully closed, mainly for rubbish truck to come in.

If sack the security, more Tom Dick and Harry will just walk in even freely. And also for driving visitors coming in, have to bring down transponder to open barrier for friends one by one. Can't imaging...

majority of condos Dont have gates... just the barriers you talked about ...

For some high-end condos I know, they have automatic gates that can completely seal the barrier entrance....... I prefer these condos to those with just barriers only (better security!)

Usually these gates will be closed at night and will be opened only after 6am in the morning (for better security). During this period, the gates will be used (in place of the barrier).

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    majority of condos Dont have gates... just the barriers you talked about ...

errr what is the purpose of this thread ? To bash condos with no fence / gate ?
    U know, according to UOL, condo without a fence is a *feature* , for "seamless integration"
    Check out One North Residences

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    For some high-end condos I know, they have automatic gates that can completely seal the barrier entrance....... I prefer these condos to those with just barriers only (better security!)

Usually these gates will be closed at night and will be opened only after 6am in the morning (for better security). During this period, the gates will be used (in place of the barrier).

Those small apt along River Valley ...

In the day , have security guard and the barrier ..

by 5pm, the guard leaves ... then they shut the Steel roller gate..

residents will then use their remote ...

good meh ?

no guard ... outsider can also climb the gate what ?

worst still ... lose the remote ... anybody else pick up also can go it ...

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    U know, according to UOL, condo without a fence is a *feature* , for "seamless integration"
    many years ago , when i was rebuilding my landed house... my architect asked me if i wanted to be the first in Singapore mainland ( apart from Sentosa) to do away with the gate ...

some how i didnt feel right ... hence still had the gate built ...

Well, I am referring to high-end condos that have gates that can completely seal off the car entrance/exit and there are still security guards on duty...........

Soon you will see more and more of estates like what you said without guards (everything self-service) because I was told that Security Guards salaries will be jacked up (with implementation of Progressive Wage for Guards) and hence Security Guards contract will be jacked up (by a lot!) as well....

Those living in small estates will either have to pay >100% more in maintenance fees or retrench their security guards!

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    Those small apt along River Valley ...

In the day , have security guard and the barrier ..

by 5pm, the guard leaves ... then they shut the Steel roller gate..

residents will then use their remote ...

good meh ?

no guard ... outsider can also climb the gate what ?

worst still ... lose the remote ... anybody else pick up also can go it ...

Well, I am referring to high-end condos that have gates that can completely seal off the car entrance/exit and there are still security guards on duty...........

Soon you will see more and more of estates like what you said without guards (everything self-service) because I was told that Security Guards salaries will be jacked up (with implementation of Progressive Wage for Guards) and hence Security Guards contract will be jacked up (by a lot!) as well....

Those living in small estates will either have to pay >100% more in maintenance fees or retrench their security guards!
    >100%??? LOL!!! WHERE IS YOUR PROOF AGAIN? TALK COCK SING SONG ANY HOW SPREAD FALSE CRAP YOU ARE >100%%% LAH!
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

We all know Artist impression (which sometime has misleading information and misrepresentation) is not contractual, so if the condo is now between TOP and CSC stage, what are the chances of getting the developer to install a gate?

Or only after CSC, then the folks have to fork out $$$ themselves to fix the really stupid open concept entrance condos? Well, getting the folks to fork out $$$ is another hurdle to cross.

Even with gate, of course climbing over the gate is still possible, but at least is not like just walk in like that, right?

So in the long it's better to have gate then to have security guard, right?

I have seen many condos with gate, with sercurity post, but no security inside.

That is because these small condos have no choice, as security guard services are going up and will go up even more when Progressive Minimum Wages are implemented for them...............

I was told that in the condo estates need not only guards, but also guard supervisors whose salary will be higher than the normal guards.........

As of now, my understanding is that most of the estates are paying about $3000-$4000 pm for each guard on 12-hours shift (for those SIRD rated B and A security guard companies).
    Our MAs are telling us to expect these costs to be jacked up after Progressive Minimum Wages are officially enforced for the guards.............
    And to remember to add higher wages for cleaners and gardeners (due to Progressive Minimum wages), so expect Maintenance fees MUST INCREASE to cater for these higher costs and asking to increase collection of Maintenance Fund and Sinking Fund..........

If you consider an estate with 2 security guards per shift and 2 shifts per day at $3500 pm for each guard, that means a cost of $14,000 pm!
    If your estate has say only 40 units, then each unit will have to bear $350 pm for just employing the security guards (and this is before Progressive Minimum Wages come into effect)!
    Is it any wonder why small estates now forgo employing security guards or retrench their security guards????

(Oh, by the way, I heard that it may become illegal to make the guards work 12-hours shift, more likely to be changed to 3 shifts per day, and still pay the same Progressive Minimum Wages)...

The problem with no guard is that you can't prevent people from tail-gating residents into the estate!
    And you can't expect residents to confront the tail-gaters right, particularly if they are tenants themselves in the estate! (they will probably think those people are new tenants!)

Quote Originally Posted by CondoInterested View Post
    We all know Artist impression (which sometime has misleading information and misrepresentation) is not contractual, so if the condo is now between TOP and CSC stage, what are the chances of getting the developer to install a gate?

Or only after CSC, then the folks have to fork out $$$ themselves to fix the really stupid open concept entrance condos? Well, getting the folks to fork out $$$ is another hurdle to cross.

Even with gate, of course climbing over the gate is still possible, but at least is not like just walk in like that, right?

So in the long it's better to have gate then to have security guard, right?

I have seen many condos with gate, with sercurity post, but no security inside.
    Last edited by teddybear; 04-04-16 at 00:23.

Before the increase already $3000 to $4000, that's about fresh graduate's starting pay.

Then why study so hard, no wonder G ask our children don't go U, but to be hawkers or taxi drivers and now maybe should add security guard, err... sorry, I think now hawkers and taxi drivers got U graduate liow, my apology...

Tailgate? With gate wide open, no need to tailgate, strangers slowly crawl in also can, security guard sleeping or watching Korean Drama...
    Last edited by CondoInterested; 04-04-16 at 01:37.

want to have security then must pay for it...i have no problem to pay higher maintenance if they hire more professionals guards who do their job...
    some of the security i have seen is cannot make it...

And If you live on the ground level of One North Residences, you have the convenience of your visitors knocking on your window and being let in without passing through the security guards?!

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post

Most small developments with less than 30 units usually have auto gate. Some developments with about 10 units or less may not even have an auto gate or the auto gate is no longer working and the owners decided to leave the gate open at all times. These developments usually have a warning signboard place outside the gate. The signboard usually reads "Private property, trespassers will be prosecuted by law".

No sound person will try to enter or park their car there knowing that they can be prosecuted or wheel cramped. Even housing agents know that they could be confronted by residents if they try to put advertisement material in their letter boxes.

Residents usually lock their unit gates at all times just like living in HDB block.

If HDB living is safe, it is even safer in these developments because residents could just call their neighbourhood police if there is any trespasser.

That is because these small condos have no choice, as security guard services are going up and will go up even more when Progressive Minimum Wages are implemented for them...............

I was told that in the condo estates need not only guards, but also guard supervisors whose salary will be higher than the normal guards.........

As of now, my understanding is that most of the estates are paying about $3000-$4000 pm for each guard on 12-hours shift (for those SIRD rated B and A security guard companies).
    Our MAs are telling us to expect these costs to be jacked up after Progressive Minimum Wages are officially enforced for the guards.............
    And to remember to add higher wages for cleaners and gardeners (due to Progressive Minimum wages), so expect Maintenance fees MUST INCREASE to cater for these higher costs and asking to increase collection of Maintenance Fund and Sinking Fund..........

If you consider an estate with 2 security guards per shift and 2 shifts per day at $3500 pm for each guard, that means a cost of $14,000 pm!
    If your estate has say only 40 units, then each unit will have to bear $350 pm for just employing the security guards (and this is before Progressive Minimum Wages come into effect)!
    Is it any wonder why small estates now forgo employing security guards or retrench their security guards????

(Oh, by the way, I heard that it may become illegal to make the guards work 12-hours shift, more likely to be changed to 3 shifts per day, and still pay the same Progressive Minimum Wages)...

The problem with no guard is that you can't prevent people from tail-gating residents into the estate!
    And you can't expect residents to confront the tail-gaters right, particularly if they are tenants themselves in the estate! (they will probably think those people are new tenants!)

Dont bull shit lah. $4K pm for security guard for 12hr a day someone told u ? or u made up all these bull shit. I SMELL A LOT OF BULL SHIT IN THIS.

LET ME DEBUNK YOUR BULLSHIT

Each A grade security guard taking back $1900 pm with OT. with the PW wage is not increased across the board. depends on the skill. supervisor or junior staff. with a base pay increase of 20%. even the over time with 20% increase. is $2300pm for each security.

A small condo how many security? 2 doing 12 hr shift! how much more cost is that going to increase! So don't bull shit us cost is increase a lot. becoz of the PW.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...seen-not-heard

"For the effort, I was paid $70 a day. My fellow guards at the agency serving this condo are paid between $1,800 and $1,900 each month. My employer, who has an "A" grade from the annual police grading exercise, pays slightly above the going rate of about $1,700 a month."

The reason for the automation is becoz lack of people to hire to work as security guards.!!! And Automation is the only way out for lack of man power!

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...ow-paid-sector

"There are 70,000 people qualified to work as guards, but only 29,000 locals and 4,000 Malaysians actually do so. There is a shortage of 10,000 guards.
    "
    Last edited by minority; 04-04-16 at 12:21.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

minority,

You living in hell is it?
    Why you don't know the market rate for security guard services from security guard providers' companies is about $3000-4000 pm per guard for SIRD-rated B and A grade companies?

Yes, I know very well that in fact the security guards are being paid only $1200-1700 pm by their companies, but yet their companies are charging $3000-4000 pm for providing each security guard to us!
    What can we do? We can't force the company to pay the guard more and tell their bosses to earn less right???

May be the government should tell those bosses not to be so greedy???

Or the government should allow individuals/MCSTs to employ security guards directly without going through these security guard companies because current law allow them to earn so much money while squeezing their guards with low pay???

Hei, by allowing MCSTs to directly employ the security guards, the MCST can pay $3000-4000 pm per guard! (not $1200-1700 pm that their companies are paying them now!). Like that will be even better than the "Progressive Wage" proposed for the security guard!

Anyway, my understanding is that my estate will be retrenching 2 security guards after "Progressive Wage" for security guards are implemented (since we employed too many liao and they are supposed to be more efficient after PW has been implemented, so we can make do with less guards).........

This follows after my estate retrenched 1 cleaner after Progressive Wage has been implemented for the cleaners.....

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Dont bull shit lah. $4K pm for security guard for 12hr a day someone told u ? or u made up all these bull shit. I SMELL A LOT OF BULL SHIT IN THIS.

LET ME DEBUNK YOUR BULLSHIT

Each A grade security guard taking back $1900 pm with OT. with the PW wage is not increased across the board. depends on the skill. supervisor or junior staff. with a base pay increase of 20%. even the over time with 20% increase. is $2300pm for each security.

A small condo how many security? 2 doing 12 hr shift! how much more cost is that going to increase! So don't bull shit us cost is increase a lot. becoz of the PW.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...seen-not-heard

"For the effort, I was paid $70 a day. My fellow guards at the agency serving this condo are paid between $1,800 and $1,900 each month. My employer, who has an "A" grade from the annual police grading exercise, pays slightly above the going rate of about $1,700 a month."

The reason for the automation is becoz lack of people to hire to work as security guards.!!! And Automation is the only way out for lack of man power!

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...ow-paid-sector

"There are 70,000 people qualified to work as guards, but only 29,000 locals and 4,000 Malaysians actually do so. There is a shortage of 10,000 guards.
    "
    Last edited by teddybear; 04-04-16 at 18:20.

minority,

You living in hell is it?
    Why you don't know the market rate for security guard services from security guard providers' companies is about $3000-4000 pm per guard for SIRD-rated B and A grade companies?

Yes, I know very well that in fact the security guards are being paid only $1200-1700 pm by their companies, but yet their companies are charging $3000-4000 pm for providing each security guard to us!
    What can we do? We can't force the company to pay the guard more and tell their bosses to earn less right???

May be the government should tell those bosses not to be so greedy???

Or the government should allow individuals/MCSTs to employ security guards directly without going through these security guard companies because current law allow them to earn so much money while squeezing their guards with low pay???

Hei, by allowing MCSTs to directly employ the security guards, the MCST can pay $3000-4000 pm per guard! (not $1200-1700 pm that their companies are paying them now!). Like that will be even better than the "Progressive Wage" proposed for the security guard!

Anyway, my understanding is that my estate will be retrenching 2 security guards after "Progressive Wage" for security guards are implemented (since we employed too many liao and they are supposed to be more efficient after PW has been implemented, so we can make do with less guards).........

This follows after my estate retrenched 1 cleaner after Progressive Wage has been implemented for the cleaners.....
    Talk cock lah. so now you are saying should allow residence to squeeze the security guard pay? and cut their benefits? and how much is that increase? can I ask?

who many guards? can I ask lets put some facts to your bullshit.

As small condo with one gate type how many guards? 4? 2 for day and 2 for night? Some only have 1 for day one for night. and small project how many units?? 100?

So even if the pay is 2K or up to u add what ever bullshit no. you have $4K. how much is it per house hold? 2 guards. 4 X 2 = 8k via 100 house hold is $80

If take my no. 2K its $40

and how much people paying these days? 300-500 per pm. that is not even 10% increase.

So what you KPKB incase in cost is all security and all becoz PW bullshit.

Let me Debunk your CRAP!

So Khir urself is cheaper? So 2 guards. all hire by own mgmt off. so no need Take leave or cannot fall sick is it? So in the end for backup have to hire 4. so can standby or rotate if some go on leave or fall sick or resign.

SO LPPL.. CHEaper meh? on top you also still have to pay health, insurance, training cost for all this guys. and Condo like to rotate their security every few yrs incase some get too friendly with the tenants and compromise the security.

So u mean hire on own is cheaper??? I ASK YOU SHOW PROOF ITS Cheaper don't talk cock.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH