Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Singapore Condos without main gate?

User Info Menu

Default Any Singapore Condos without main gate?

Hi Brothers and Sisters here

Has any one of you ever come across a condo anywhere in Singapore that has neither physical main gate (aka open concept type) nor smaller gate for human traffic, which mean it's open 24 hrs and only with two pairs of auto barriers (1 pair for car in and the other pair for car out) which response to transponder on car. Human traffic can just get into a condo from any part of the widely "opened" entrance with the security guy only can chase after ghost as the gate is too wide to take care by 1 or 2 guard on duty if there are too many people getting into the condo at the same time.

Well, it's just like an expensive HDB, it's even worst than a DBSS and an EC.

User Info Menu

Have la... Low maintenance. Nothing wrong with that. Why pay so much for security just to press the button to lift up the barrier

User Info Menu

To add on the first thread, I mean a fully fenced up development but main entrance have no main gate, also no small gate. There is a back entrance with gate, fully closed, mainly for rubbish truck to come in.

If sack the security, more Tom Dick and Harry will just walk in even freely. And also for driving visitors coming in, have to bring down transponder to open barrier for friends one by one. Can't imaging...

OCR properties going to crash!

User Info Menu

Many of the small estates are like that (as far as I know)................
    Avoid because maintenance fees for these small estates are very high once the property is >10 years old............

And Security guards fees will become a lot more expensive as Progressive Wage aka Multi-tier Min Wage is going to be introduced to the guards soon............

Overall there is going to be large increase in inflation for the next 5 years (and hence large increase in Maintenance fees (especially for small estates)) because of implementation of Progressive Wages to (1) Cleaners, (2) Gardeners/landscapers, (3) Security Guards (who are all needed regardless of the size of your estate!)

Quote Originally Posted by CondoInterested View Post
    To add on the first thread, I mean a fully fenced up development but main entrance have no main gate, also no small gate. There is a back entrance with gate, fully closed, mainly for rubbish truck to come in.

If sack the security, more Tom Dick and Harry will just walk in even freely. And also for driving visitors coming in, have to bring down transponder to open barrier for friends one by one. Can't imaging...

Senior

User Info Menu

majority of condos Dont have gates... just the barriers you talked about ...

User Info Menu

For some high-end condos I know, they have automatic gates that can completely seal the barrier entrance....... I prefer these condos to those with just barriers only (better security!)

Usually these gates will be closed at night and will be opened only after 6am in the morning (for better security). During this period, the gates will be used (in place of the barrier).

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    majority of condos Dont have gates... just the barriers you talked about ...

Junior

User Info Menu

errr what is the purpose of this thread ? To bash condos with no fence / gate ?
    U know, according to UOL, condo without a fence is a *feature* , for "seamless integration"
    Check out One North Residences

Senior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    For some high-end condos I know, they have automatic gates that can completely seal the barrier entrance....... I prefer these condos to those with just barriers only (better security!)

Usually these gates will be closed at night and will be opened only after 6am in the morning (for better security). During this period, the gates will be used (in place of the barrier).

Those small apt along River Valley ...

In the day , have security guard and the barrier ..

by 5pm, the guard leaves ... then they shut the Steel roller gate..

residents will then use their remote ...

good meh ?

no guard ... outsider can also climb the gate what ?

worst still ... lose the remote ... anybody else pick up also can go it ...

Senior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    errr what is the purpose of this thread ? To bash condos with no fence / gate ?
    U know, according to UOL, condo without a fence is a *feature* , for "seamless integration"
    Check out One North Residences
    many years ago , when i was rebuilding my landed house... my architect asked me if i wanted to be the first in Singapore mainland ( apart from Sentosa) to do away with the gate ...

some how i didnt feel right ... hence still had the gate built ...

User Info Menu

Well, I am referring to high-end condos that have gates that can completely seal off the car entrance/exit and there are still security guards on duty...........

Soon you will see more and more of estates like what you said without guards (everything self-service) because I was told that Security Guards salaries will be jacked up (with implementation of Progressive Wage for Guards) and hence Security Guards contract will be jacked up (by a lot!) as well....

Those living in small estates will either have to pay >100% more in maintenance fees or retrench their security guards!

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    Those small apt along River Valley ...

In the day , have security guard and the barrier ..

by 5pm, the guard leaves ... then they shut the Steel roller gate..

residents will then use their remote ...

good meh ?

no guard ... outsider can also climb the gate what ?

worst still ... lose the remote ... anybody else pick up also can go it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast