Thread: Donald Trump

Default Donald Trump

what if he becomes the new US president? any influence on FED rate?

Confirm below sea level.

Trump Floats U.S. Debt Renegotiation If Economy Sours

Donald Trump, on CNBC, says “I could see renegotiations where we borrow at long term at very low rates.”

“I have borrowed knowing you can pay back with discounts”
    “I was swashbuckling, and it went well for me.”
    Country now in different situation, presumptive Republican nominee for president said

“We have to be very, very careful, and I am the king of debt, I do love debt. I love debt. I love playing with it. Of course, now you are talking about, you know, you’re talking about something that’s very fragile”
    Says if economy crashes, “can make a deal”

On rates, says one point of higher interest rates would be devastating
    Says he’s a “low-interest” person; would replace Fed Chair Janet Yellen when her term ends

what's going happen now and soon?

4 heavenly kings to be renounced soon: Putin, Xi, Trump, Duterte

This is interesting development. Trump mentioned action plans during this election speeches actually do not favor Asia which Singapore is part of. The real effects of change will come about when he puts America First policies to action, whatever that may be.

Potential Downside:
    1. Taxing companies coming out of America to set up shop. Singapore is particularly susceptible to this since we want to attract American MNCs here with low tax rate etc. Rental will take more beating if less American companies are coming.
    2. TPP will most certainly get sniffed out. Open trade with Asia is Obama's agenda. Even Hillary is not pro to this, let alone Trump. Our PM has made a wasted trip to talk to Obama about this.
    3. Trade with Japan, Philippines will lessen. The latter being a fast growing Asian country, their relationship with USA is kind of rocky recently no thanks to the island disputes and the new Pinoy president being in the same 'fast drawing' mouth category as Trump. Japan will stand to gain with bigger trade with the US, sunk a little lower in chance thanks to TPP being in the drain.

Potential Upside
    1. Feds will think harder to increase rates in Dec looking at the weakening US dollars in the near term. Trump effect will have a full bearing on the currency and interest rates only in Jan 2017 onwards.
    2. Home loans in Singapore will be floating at the current rates for an extended period. Banks will come up with tricks to entice customers to switch around or re-finance their mortgages.
    3. More Americans will be moving out of the country. Singapore could be one of their destinations since our FTA signed with US is one with lowered penalty for home purchases just like the Swiss. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-trump-9223679

Whatever it is, Singapore is well placed to navigate around new challenges. We have an efficient mentality that is not divided like the US. Polices and politics act quickly. We want female, Malay president, we will get one. You get the point. I am staying put in Singapore...

2 cents
    PropVestor

Its a scary time....better hold down to SG property. Its like the movie "the purge"

You are quite right. Indeed, it will be quite a show for us.

Hold on to safe assets!

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    This is interesting development. Trump mentioned action plans during this election speeches actually do not favor Asia which Singapore is part of. The real effects of change will come about when he puts America First policies to action, whatever that may be.

Potential Downside:
    1. Taxing companies coming out of America to set up shop. Singapore is particularly susceptible to this since we want to attract American MNCs here with low tax rate etc. Rental will take more beating if less American companies are coming.
    2. TPP will most certainly get sniffed out. Open trade with Asia is Obama's agenda. Even Hillary is not pro to this, let alone Trump. Our PM has made a wasted trip to talk to Obama about this.
    3. Trade with Japan, Philippines will lessen. The latter being a fast growing Asian country, their relationship with USA is kind of rocky recently no thanks to the island disputes and the new Pinoy president being in the same 'fast drawing' mouth category as Trump. Japan will stand to gain with bigger trade with the US, sunk a little lower in chance thanks to TPP being in the drain.

Potential Upside
    1. Feds will think harder to increase rates in Dec looking at the weakening US dollars in the near term. Trump effect will have a full bearing on the currency and interest rates only in Jan 2017 onwards.
    2. Home loans in Singapore will be floating at the current rates for an extended period. Banks will come up with tricks to entice customers to switch around or re-finance their mortgages.
    3. More Americans will be moving out of the country. Singapore could be one of their destinations since our FTA signed with US is one with lowered penalty for home purchases just like the Swiss. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-trump-9223679

Whatever it is, Singapore is well placed to navigate around new challenges. We have an efficient mentality that is not divided like the US. Polices and politics act quickly. We want female, Malay president, we will get one. You get the point. I am staying put in Singapore...

2 cents
    PropVestor
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.