Thread: ROOT CANAL

Default ROOT CANAL

Anybody ever try doing root canal, how is it?

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    Usually two visits. First visit not so painful. Second one more painful but only during one phase of treatment. Relatively painless actually.

Damage will be from few hundreds onwards.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Took 3 days MC for this process..
    Can try Logos Dental & Kallang Bahru..
    Look for Dr Kenny..
    Very experience n nice chap..
    Reasonable pricing too..��

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Usually two visits. First visit not so painful. Second one more painful but only during one phase of treatment. Relatively painless actually.

Damage will be from few hundreds onwards.
    Sorry, what do you mean by painful but only during one phrase of treatment ? How long does it take for the whole tooth to be in place.

Thank your the video.

I had severe toothache once and was eventually diagnosed with fractured tooth likely from eating crabs and had root canal treatment by RMG endodontist...had to open mouth for very Long and eventually had a metal casing around my tooth...S1k damage...no more pain so I did not return for the follow up treatment... Wait till got prob then see how...

Sorry, what do you mean by painful but only during one phrase of treatment ? How long does it take for the whole tooth to be in place.
    Much depends on your severity, whether there is external damage and whether crowning is required.

Mine was simple root canal treatment cos the tooth felt very tender and very sensitive to knock, heat and cold. No need to remove tooth.

First treatment drill, remove the nerve endings (I think), put medicine and cover back. Second treatment open, put some permanent fillings and cover back, polish and ok. The part that is painful for an instant is when the permanent filings is pushed in. Otherwise, quite painless. Cost was under $500 in total I think.

So much depends on your condition.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

I think my previous filling was not done properly, it decayed, dentist said cannot filled anymore because it might touch the nerve, so he suggested whether to do root canal or extraction, so I asked for extraction because I can't imagine a screw drill inside your gum. Now there is a big hole on my right lower part (extract about 1 yr ago) and another on my left upper part (extract >10 yrs), these make me so difficult to chew my food, so thought of going for the root canal.

I think my previous filling was not done properly, it decayed, dentist said cannot filled anymore because it might touch the nerve, so he suggested whether to do root canal or extraction, so I asked for extraction because I can't imagine a screw drill inside your gum. Now there is a big hole on my right lower part (extract about 1 yr ago) and another on my left upper part (extract >10 yrs), these make me so difficult to chew my food, so thought of going for the root canal.
    Just check my x-ray before extraction yesterday, there was a tiny hole beside the previous filling, actually I didn't feel pain at all, only food always stuck there but dentist said it was a decay, puzzle me.

My friend got a root canal also after the extraction of teeth. She said for the 1st visit, dentist did something to her gum, need to wait for 1 month to heal, 2nd visit, fixed in the tooth, then ok. Anybody experience such a case before?

Oh.. If I can recall, anesthesia was first administered via injection to numb the tissues surrounding my tooth. Next thing I know, my tooth was drilled. And then, I think dead tissues were removed and filling material was put.. The whole process wasn't painful at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Phils View Post
    Oh.. If I can recall, anesthesia was first administered via injection to numb the tissues surrounding my tooth. Next thing I know, my tooth was drilled. And then, I think dead tissues were removed and filling material was put.. The whole process wasn't painful at all.
    Looks like doing root canal without extracting the tooth is a better choice. Wonder how the root canal will be done when the tooth has already been extracted, guess it must be very painful.

Looks like doing root canal without extracting the tooth is a better choice. Wonder how the root canal will be done when the tooth has already been extracted, guess it must be very painful.
    Nowadays anaesthesia is done very well and professionally.

Relax and trust the professional!

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.