Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Paya Lebar Quarter

Insights Advocator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    Teddybear's observation is right. I travel to and fro Paya Lebar Road / Marine Parade via Tanjng Katong Road very often even before the construction started. Traffic is heavy from MacPherson Road / Paya Lebar Rd junction right up to Paya Lebar/Geylang Road. Either sides of Sims Ave and Geylang Road are just as heavy including Tanjong Katong Road up to Dunman Road. I expect traffic to worsen after all the developments there are completed since there will be more residential vehicles and commercial activities happening.
    I grow up in D15. There is no road expansion for most of Tanjong Katong, Amber and even Meyer Road which cannot even accommodate 2 lanes and a SBS bus. But prices of property there is rising despite more and more apartments being built there. The only solution is underground and I mean trains and less cars. The question is who is giving up those for trains. I take DTL everyday by parking my car in DUO. We all got to play a role. There is no need for traffic report as there is an app for it now.

Insights Advocator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    And, there is hardly any room for road expansion
    Seriously? We are reducing car population. Not encourage it.

OCR properties going to crash!

User Info Menu

Ai yoh, sounds like you are asking drivers like us to drive in the MRT tunnel??

Your next posting then tell us that you are asking us to take MRT trains.
    Now, why buy private properties (especially in Amber and Meyer areas where public transport is inconvenient) if you can't afford a car?
    And if we drive a car we want it to be safe and comfortable and we get the better and much more expensive ones isn't it?
    And what for you own a good car and yet you can't drive anywhere in comfort and need to switch to trains to squeeze with the crowd?
    Mmm........ quite stupid isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    That is the exact reason why a development like this is built right next to a MRT exchange. Do see beyond the obvious and you will see more than dust, pollution and sometimes myopia.
    I grow up in D15. There is no road expansion for most of Tanjong Katong, Amber and even Meyer Road which cannot even accommodate 2 lanes and a SBS bus. But prices of property there is rising despite more and more apartments being built there. The only solution is underground and I mean trains and less cars. The question is who is giving up those for trains. I take DTL everyday by parking my car in DUO. We all got to play a role. There is no need for traffic report as there is an app for it now.

User Info Menu

Yes, we are reducing car population. We, just like the Ministers, will let the other people (like you) to switch to taking trains (LOL).......

You should go all the way and do away with your car instead of driving to DUO to park there just to switch to taking trains (food for thought for you - you should walk the talk)........

Seriously? We are reducing car population. Not encourage it.

Insights Advocator

User Info Menu

Not a minister like you armed with red highlights. Not all can afford a car to drive in tunnels with tunnel vision too.

If you get out more often. There is car sharing besides taking a train or bus. Why not all the way? Coz there is parking issue. Again, if you get out more often, parking lots have been reduced dramatically over the years.

It's not always about affordability, it's everyday practicality.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    With your this sentence I immediately know you don't live in around Orchard.

Traffic condition in Orchard area is ONLY bad on the short stretch of road between shopping malls from Ion to Plaza Singapore (and that is it! - and this is a stretch which we can bypass without even needing to use it to go to anywhere else in Singapore), the rest of the roads around Orchard are usually smooth flowing, with minimal heavy vehicles and lorries and container trucks. Not only that, there are so many alternate roads to get any other place in Singapore.

This is unlike Payar Lebar / Sims Ave area, where the traffic is very very heavy even during non-peak hours! And worst, they are the only main roads you must use to transerse PL and Sims Ave area!
    Orchard Road, indeed it should be bustling where it should, where the amenities are.

Come up the Cairnhill area, it is quiet where it should, where we are living.

And the residents are making all efforts to be ‘invisible’ to another, getting about living in privacy.

Similar to the Landed area behind Holland Road.

Ultimate Underdog

User Info Menu

Actually before 2012, anytime drive into Orchard road sure congested.

Now even peak hours drive into Orchard road it is not that crowded.

Correlate this to the property price trends there.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    With your this sentence I immediately know you don't live in around Orchard.

Traffic condition in Orchard area is ONLY bad on the short stretch of road between shopping malls from Ion to Plaza Singapore (and that is it! - and this is a stretch which we can bypass without even needing to use it to go to anywhere else in Singapore), the rest of the roads around Orchard are usually smooth flowing, with minimal heavy vehicles and lorries and container trucks. Not only that, there are so many alternate roads to get any other place in Singapore.

This is unlike Payar Lebar / Sims Ave area, where the traffic is very very heavy even during non-peak hours! And worst, they are the only main roads you must use to transerse PL and Sims Ave area!
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

User Info Menu

Are you joking?
    Drive into Orchard Road? You mean the road between the shopping malls from Ion to Plaza Singapura?
    As a resident somewhere around Orchard Road, I can tell you Orchard Road has been like that for the past >20 years. Only the road between the shopping malls from Ion to Plaza Singapura is usually very heavily congested, and I never take that stretch of road. Other than that, the other roads are easy to navigate. So really don't know what you are talking about? You making up what you say through your fantasy??

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Actually before 2012, anytime drive into Orchard road sure congested.

Now even peak hours drive into Orchard road it is not that crowded.

Correlate this to the property price trends there.

Senior

User Info Menu

Have stayed in high rise but preferred landed property in terms of peace and space given spore's ambient noise is rather high as a city. Anyway landed does give good return as compared to condo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuho View Post
    Orchard Road, indeed it should be bustling where it should, where the amenities are.

Come up the Cairnhill area, it is quiet where it should, where we are living.

And the residents are making all efforts to be ‘invisible’ to another, getting about living in privacy.

Similar to the Landed area behind Holland Road.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Have stayed in high rise but preferred landed property in terms of peace and space given spore's ambient noise is rather high as a city. Anyway landed does give good return as compared to condo.
    Agreed.

Landed living is still preferred.

Actually the latest land pricing trend (of enbloc, GLS) seems to create another opportunity for Landed. Will write on this when time permits.