Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: Paya Lebar Quarter

User Info Menu

Default Re: Paya Lebar Quarter

congrats to all investors of PPRs.. haven't been to PLQ yet recently.. how's the vibe? Good and atas or not?

Insights Advocator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana View Post
    congrats to all investors of PPRs.. haven't been to PLQ yet recently.. how's the vibe? Good and atas or not?
    Bro, compared to what is around in the immediate 100m vicinity, I would say its the best. Compared to all other sub-urban malls, it is as deadpan as it can get. If you are there for food, there are a few options only found in this mall. For its retail experience, I rather go parkway. Atas is the last thing on my mind. I would call this a premium development but never luxury.

However as a tenant, I would potentially view it differently since its directly connected to PPR via an overhead bridge and basement is linked to Circle Line. It is as connected as it can be for a city fringe property that is equal in psf compared to Stirling Residences. 3 supermarkets including Kinex, 2 cinemas, 2 MRT lines, 3 Grade A office blocks and 200 over shops.

For MND chief to grace its opening, government is pretty serious about this development. We are watching closely for the hotel and commercial site nearby to be fitted next.

"Mr Lawrence Wong, the Minister for National Development and Second Minister for Finance, said at the opening ceremony: "All in all it's a tremendous opportunity for us to reimagine and remake Paya Lebar for the future, even for the next century." Next century??

https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...ially-launched

This is but a first of many in this growth area. Watching this space.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    Bro, compared to what is around in the immediate 100m vicinity, I would say its the best. Compared to all other sub-urban malls, it is as deadpan as it can get. If you are there for food, there are a few options only found in this mall. For its retail experience, I rather go parkway. Atas is the last thing on my mind. I would call this a premium development but never luxury.

However as a tenant, I would potentially view it differently since its directly connected to PPR via an overhead bridge and basement is linked to Circle Line. It is as connected as it can be for a city fringe property that is equal in psf compared to Stirling Residences. 3 supermarkets including Kinex, 2 cinemas, 2 MRT lines, 3 Grade A office blocks and 200 over shops.

For MND chief to grace its opening, government is pretty serious about this development. We are watching closely for the hotel and commercial site nearby to be fitted next.

"Mr Lawrence Wong, the Minister for National Development and Second Minister for Finance, said at the opening ceremony: "All in all it's a tremendous opportunity for us to reimagine and remake Paya Lebar for the future, even for the next century." Next century??

https://www.straitstimes.com/busines...ially-launched

This is but a first of many in this growth area. Watching this space.

Good to hear! Been meaning to go for a while now, can't seem to find the time.
    That whole area around PLQ needs serious rejuvenation if you ask me.. PLQ is definitely a major step towards that. Looking forward to some more big names moving into those Grade A offices, too.
    Any idea how much of the 900,000 sft office space has been tenanted out?

Insights Advocator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana View Post
    Good to hear! Been meaning to go for a while now, can't seem to find the time.
    That whole area around PLQ needs serious rejuvenation if you ask me.. PLQ is definitely a major step towards that. Looking forward to some more big names moving into those Grade A offices, too.
    Any idea how much of the 900,000 sft office space has been tenanted out?
    Rich people are normally busy.

I was told for office and shops, its 90% tenanted or in some stage of signing them on. The take up I must say is pretty healthy.

For Grade A city fringe, there is little or no competition right now. They can call out the price then increase it later. Bayer just signed on after Great Eastern and SMRT as anchors.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    Rich people are normally busy.

I was told for office and shops, its 90% tenanted or in some stage of signing them on. The take up I must say is pretty healthy.

For Grade A city fringe, there is little or no competition right now. They can call out the price then increase it later. Bayer just signed on after Great Eastern and SMRT as anchors.
    Unfortunately I'm not rich, I wish I were
    Went through the internet yesterday after your posts, yup, seems like office supply still tight in CBD and this is good news for PLQ.
    Need those larger companies / MNCs to HQ there in order to attract good tenants (and spillover to surrounding areas too!) so awaiting further announcements for the offices.
    Cheers, buddy!

Insights Advocator

User Info Menu

The funny thing is, I reckon the tenants for mixed/integrated development are not working nearby. My Duo tenant is one such example. The key is how well connected it is for them to take train to and fro work and how far away it is. City fringe integrated development being the first with Grade A office is anyone's guess how much the residence rental can command. Time will tell in 2020.

As like all Grade A offices rental, it is at the mercy of the ebbs and flow of supply demand. As the economy slows to 0.1% or near zero GDP growth, asking for higher commercial rental will be tough as the data reflect that too. The graph shows flatline for 2020-2022 though I see this opportunity for city fringe Grade A which could be tiered slightly lower since its not prime location like Shenton way/Marina Bay.

https://sbr.com.sg/commercial-proper...pply-moderates

Insights Advocator

User Info Menu

CBD vs City Fringe Grade A Office rental gap.

https://sbr.com.sg/commercial-proper...ices-widens-22

This has some inkling to recent Office REITs M&A/price movement too.

Too bad Landlease did not include PLQ into its recent IPO but its still very early days of Landlease being any kind of major player here.