Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Paya Lebar Quarter

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    Teddybear's observation is right. I travel to and fro Paya Lebar Road / Marine Parade via Tanjng Katong Road very often even before the construction started. Traffic is heavy from MacPherson Road / Paya Lebar Rd junction right up to Paya Lebar/Geylang Road. Either sides of Sims Ave and Geylang Road are just as heavy including Tanjong Katong Road up to Dunman Road. I expect traffic to worsen after all the developments there are completed since there will be more residential vehicles and commercial activities happening.
    I grow up in D15. There is no road expansion for most of Tanjong Katong, Amber and even Meyer Road which cannot even accommodate 2 lanes and a SBS bus. But prices of property there is rising despite more and more apartments being built there. The only solution is underground and I mean trains and less cars. The question is who is giving up those for trains. I take DTL everyday by parking my car in DUO. We all got to play a role. There is no need for traffic report as there is an app for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    And, there is hardly any room for road expansion
    Seriously? We are reducing car population. Not encourage it.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Ai yoh, sounds like you are asking drivers like us to drive in the MRT tunnel??

Your next posting then tell us that you are asking us to take MRT trains.
    Now, why buy private properties (especially in Amber and Meyer areas where public transport is inconvenient) if you can't afford a car?
    And if we drive a car we want it to be safe and comfortable and we get the better and much more expensive ones isn't it?
    And what for you own a good car and yet you can't drive anywhere in comfort and need to switch to trains to squeeze with the crowd?
    Mmm........ quite stupid isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    That is the exact reason why a development like this is built right next to a MRT exchange. Do see beyond the obvious and you will see more than dust, pollution and sometimes myopia.
    I grow up in D15. There is no road expansion for most of Tanjong Katong, Amber and even Meyer Road which cannot even accommodate 2 lanes and a SBS bus. But prices of property there is rising despite more and more apartments being built there. The only solution is underground and I mean trains and less cars. The question is who is giving up those for trains. I take DTL everyday by parking my car in DUO. We all got to play a role. There is no need for traffic report as there is an app for it now.

Yes, we are reducing car population. We, just like the Ministers, will let the other people (like you) to switch to taking trains (LOL).......

You should go all the way and do away with your car instead of driving to DUO to park there just to switch to taking trains (food for thought for you - you should walk the talk)........

Seriously? We are reducing car population. Not encourage it.

Not a minister like you armed with red highlights. Not all can afford a car to drive in tunnels with tunnel vision too.

If you get out more often. There is car sharing besides taking a train or bus. Why not all the way? Coz there is parking issue. Again, if you get out more often, parking lots have been reduced dramatically over the years.

It's not always about affordability, it's everyday practicality.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    With your this sentence I immediately know you don't live in around Orchard.

Traffic condition in Orchard area is ONLY bad on the short stretch of road between shopping malls from Ion to Plaza Singapore (and that is it! - and this is a stretch which we can bypass without even needing to use it to go to anywhere else in Singapore), the rest of the roads around Orchard are usually smooth flowing, with minimal heavy vehicles and lorries and container trucks. Not only that, there are so many alternate roads to get any other place in Singapore.

This is unlike Payar Lebar / Sims Ave area, where the traffic is very very heavy even during non-peak hours! And worst, they are the only main roads you must use to transerse PL and Sims Ave area!
    Orchard Road, indeed it should be bustling where it should, where the amenities are.

Come up the Cairnhill area, it is quiet where it should, where we are living.

And the residents are making all efforts to be ‘invisible’ to another, getting about living in privacy.

Similar to the Landed area behind Holland Road.

Actually before 2012, anytime drive into Orchard road sure congested.

Now even peak hours drive into Orchard road it is not that crowded.

Correlate this to the property price trends there.

With your this sentence I immediately know you don't live in around Orchard.

Traffic condition in Orchard area is ONLY bad on the short stretch of road between shopping malls from Ion to Plaza Singapore (and that is it! - and this is a stretch which we can bypass without even needing to use it to go to anywhere else in Singapore), the rest of the roads around Orchard are usually smooth flowing, with minimal heavy vehicles and lorries and container trucks. Not only that, there are so many alternate roads to get any other place in Singapore.

This is unlike Payar Lebar / Sims Ave area, where the traffic is very very heavy even during non-peak hours! And worst, they are the only main roads you must use to transerse PL and Sims Ave area!
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Are you joking?
    Drive into Orchard Road? You mean the road between the shopping malls from Ion to Plaza Singapura?
    As a resident somewhere around Orchard Road, I can tell you Orchard Road has been like that for the past >20 years. Only the road between the shopping malls from Ion to Plaza Singapura is usually very heavily congested, and I never take that stretch of road. Other than that, the other roads are easy to navigate. So really don't know what you are talking about? You making up what you say through your fantasy??

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Actually before 2012, anytime drive into Orchard road sure congested.

Now even peak hours drive into Orchard road it is not that crowded.

Correlate this to the property price trends there.

Have stayed in high rise but preferred landed property in terms of peace and space given spore's ambient noise is rather high as a city. Anyway landed does give good return as compared to condo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuho View Post
    Orchard Road, indeed it should be bustling where it should, where the amenities are.

Come up the Cairnhill area, it is quiet where it should, where we are living.

And the residents are making all efforts to be ‘invisible’ to another, getting about living in privacy.

Similar to the Landed area behind Holland Road.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Have stayed in high rise but preferred landed property in terms of peace and space given spore's ambient noise is rather high as a city. Anyway landed does give good return as compared to condo.
    Agreed.

Landed living is still preferred.

Actually the latest land pricing trend (of enbloc, GLS) seems to create another opportunity for Landed. Will write on this when time permits.

Nowadays even that stretch is quite manageable during peak hours just for comparison purposes.

How you define jam is different from how folks from OCR define jam. That's all I can say.

Are you joking?
    Drive into Orchard Road? You mean the road between the shopping malls from Ion to Plaza Singapura?
    As a resident somewhere around Orchard Road, I can tell you Orchard Road has been like that for the past >20 years. Only the road between the shopping malls from Ion to Plaza Singapura is usually very heavily congested, and I never take that stretch of road. Other than that, the other roads are easy to navigate. So really don't know what you are talking about? You making up what you say through your fantasy??
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Nowadays even that stretch is quite manageable during peak hours just for comparison purposes.

How you define jam is different from how folks from OCR define jam. That's all I can say.
    Its pointless to debate Orchard Road congestion. STB is cracking their head on how to make Orchard Road main street into a pedestrian walk. Feasibility study is ongoing. Wrong, stop smoking is the first before the walking street is littered with cigarette butts since more pedestrians in future. They always think ahead. It is LTA's job to determine how many U-turns need to be in place for all roads leading into main Orchard Road. We shall see how those small roads get congested as there is no more road width to expand. Time will tell.

Default TRE Residences Aljunied

TRE Residences is a new condominium exceptionally located at Geylang East Avenue 1, right next to Aljunied MRT station. This is by far the nearest proximity to the Aljunied MRT station where a condominium is located in the precinct.
    Renowned schools – TRE residences condo @ Aljunied MRT is near to many good schools. Such as Geylang Methodist School(Primary), Kong Hwa School, Macpherson Primary School, Canossa Convent Primary School, Geylang Methodist School(Secondary), Broadrick Secondary School, Macpherson Secondary School, Chung Cheng High School(Main), Tanjong Katong Girls’ School, Tanjong Katong Secondary School, CHIJ Katong Convent, Eton House International School(Mountbatten 223), Eton House International School(Broadrick), Eton House International School(Mountbatten 717), Eton House International School(Mountbatten 718), Dunman High School. Parents of TRE Residences will be spoilt for choice
    Right Entry Price – The TRE Residences price of a 3 bedroom is one of the lowest you can find in the market of new launch condo in Singapore. From only $1,121,000 or $1468 per square foot, it is much lower than nearby condos which similar proximity to an MRT station. For example, the recent launch of Park Place Residences located right beside Paya Lebar MRT station, which saw impressive sales where all of their released units were snapped up on launch day. The prices were sold up to $2,184 psf. This phenomenon is seen due to the lack of supply along the East-West Line of the MRT. Currently, TRE Residences review is pricing their units at an extremely affordable entry where 4 bedrooms are only starting from $1,249,000, it is definitely a steal as compared to any other similar developments nearby.
    Functional Layout – As space are becoming more luxurious in our ever-booming property market, functional layout is what most developer aims to achieve now. As seen from TRE Residences floor plan, it can be seen that MCC Land is trying to minimise the space wastage by excluding the once in-trend bay windows and planter boxes. As compared to their counterparts, the new Aljunied condo does not compromise on the room sizes. In fact, the 3 bedroom units has a minimum room size of approximately 8.2 square meters to a maximum of 9 square meters where a queen sized bed can be fitted in with ease!
    As the TRE Residences showflat location is not on site, kindly arrange an appointment with us

Quote Originally Posted by sgproplaucnh View Post
    TRE Residences is a new condominium exceptionally located at Geylang East Avenue 1, right next to Aljunied MRT station. This is by far the nearest proximity to the Aljunied MRT station where a condominium is located in the precinct.
    Renowned schools – TRE residences condo @ Aljunied MRT is near to many good schools. Such as Geylang Methodist School(Primary), Kong Hwa School, Macpherson Primary School, Canossa Convent Primary School, Geylang Methodist School(Secondary), Broadrick Secondary School, Macpherson Secondary School, Chung Cheng High School(Main), Tanjong Katong Girls’ School, Tanjong Katong Secondary School, CHIJ Katong Convent, Eton House International School(Mountbatten 223), Eton House International School(Broadrick), Eton House International School(Mountbatten 717), Eton House International School(Mountbatten 718), Dunman High School. Parents of TRE Residences will be spoilt for choice
    Right Entry Price – The TRE Residences price of a 3 bedroom is one of the lowest you can find in the market of new launch condo in Singapore. From only $1,121,000 or $1468 per square foot, it is much lower than nearby condos which similar proximity to an MRT station. For example, the recent launch of Park Place Residences located right beside Paya Lebar MRT station, which saw impressive sales where all of their released units were snapped up on launch day. The prices were sold up to $2,184 psf. This phenomenon is seen due to the lack of supply along the East-West Line of the MRT. Currently, TRE Residences review is pricing their units at an extremely affordable entry where 4 bedrooms are only starting from $1,249,000, it is definitely a steal as compared to any other similar developments nearby.
    Functional Layout – As space are becoming more luxurious in our ever-booming property market, functional layout is what most developer aims to achieve now. As seen from TRE Residences floor plan, it can be seen that MCC Land is trying to minimise the space wastage by excluding the once in-trend bay windows and planter boxes. As compared to their counterparts, the new Aljunied condo does not compromise on the room sizes. In fact, the 3 bedroom units has a minimum room size of approximately 8.2 square meters to a maximum of 9 square meters where a queen sized bed can be fitted in with ease!
    As the TRE Residences showflat location is not on site, kindly arrange an appointment with us
    This post has nothing to do with PLQ/PPR Leh.

It should be in the Market Place or the TRE Residences thread as below instead...

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...sidences/page6

Actually there are some linkage to it. PLQ pricing has lifted entire D14 prices like future Eunos Ville pricing (en bloc at $122mil above asking) and in some way Sim Urban Oasis and TRE sell throughs.

330 more hopefuls with $2.2mil+ in the pocket looking around. They can easily afford the most expensive unit in PPR (Phase I prices).

My bet is LandLease will wait till 2018 and then dust off their showroom for re-launch with their Mall and Offices semi-completed in the background.

You can own things that people do not have by seeing things that they do not yet see.

2 cents,
    PropVestor

A Katong Regency 2 bedroom unit was recently sold @ 1983 psf ( 1.9M for 958sqft) . It wasn't even one of the higher floors. It looks like the price has been lifted by the Park Place Res launch since that is LH and went at an average of 1800 psf while KR is FH.

Actually there are some linkage to it. PLQ pricing has lifted entire D14 prices like future Eunos Ville pricing (en bloc at $122mil above asking) and in some way Sim Urban Oasis and TRE sell throughs.

330 more hopefuls with $2.2mil+ in the pocket looking around. They can easily afford the most expensive unit in PPR (Phase I prices).

My bet is LandLease will wait till 2018 and then dust off their showroom for re-launch with their Mall and Offices semi-completed in the background.

You can own things that people do not have by seeing things that they do not yet see.

2 cents,
    PropVestor
    Indeed, PPR made SUO and TRE looked very affordable (by being $400-500 lower in psf).

Both these projects have been selling quite well since, despite substantial price increase (some 10-15% I heard) in between.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business...-lebar-quarter

More 50% leased out for office component. Retail component at 40%. Both are one year out to opening. Now we shall see Phase II PPR response. I reckon it will be after CNY.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business...-lebar-quarter

More 50% leased out for office component. Retail component at 40%. Both are one year out to opening. Now we shall see Phase II PPR response. I reckon it will be after CNY.
    I wonder who are those finance and technology MNCs mentioned in the article...

Not sure but word will get out pretty soon.

If giants like Daimler (Mercedes Benz) can shift all the way from Centennial Tower to far flung Westgate a couple of year ago, its anybody's guess who might do the same for a city fringe location. Grade A no less.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/real...gate-in-jurong

End of March/Early April might be Phase II launch for PPR. Agents are collecting names and knocking on doors now. PLQ has about 3 semi completed buildings to show for now...

24th March to 4th April 2018

Any indicative pricing heard on the grapevine yet, propvestor?

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana View Post
    Any indicative pricing heard on the grapevine yet, propvestor?
    Tony Lombardo, CEO of Landlease Asia was interviewed on 93.8 this morning (12th March). I heard him said and I quote "prices are moving 5-10% northwards for new releases this year" but he did not specifically said that it applies to PPR. We know what to expect if they sell out 50% in one weekend, one year ago.

My 2 cents guess is $2,100 psf onwards for higher floors one bedder coz most of the low floor ones are all gone last year. There is no studio for this development.
    Last edited by PropVestor; 12-03-18 at 11:18.

https://www.payalebarquarter.com/glo...0180115_PR.pdf

For investors who are keen to find out how the development is progressively being opened to businesses and public (retail).

The most important line to me for this PR is this:

With a projected annual footfall of close to 45 million, the new four-hectare PLQ office, residential, leisure and retail development will be one of the largest business and lifestyle precincts in Singapore.

Not many topping out ceremony is important enough for Minister of MND to attend and I hope he is right too.

Tony Lombardo, CEO of Landlease Asia was interviewed on 93.8 this morning (12th March). I heard him said and I quote "prices are moving 5-10% northwards for new releases this year" but he did not specifically said that it applies to PPR. We know what to expect if they sell out 50% in one weekend, one year ago.

My 2 cents guess is $2,100 psf onwards for higher floors one bedder coz most of the low floor ones are all gone last year. There is no studio for this development.
    thanks!

very nice pricing for early investors.

Was there yesterday to find out more about the development exactly one year after we signed the OTP. Was told that PPR residents can take another lift directly down to Circle line. This was not really told to us one year ago.

Phase II buyers cannot choose their internal fittings anymore. They will just have to make do with whatever is set by the developer.

For those who are buying on the 7th April, all the best!

Was there yesterday to find out more about the development exactly one year after we signed the OTP. Was told that PPR residents can take another lift directly down to Circle line. This was not really told to us one year ago.

Phase II buyers cannot choose their internal fittings anymore. They will just have to make do with whatever is set by the developer.

For those who are buying on the 7th April, all the best!
    Did they reveal the MNCs that took up the office spaces? I know SMRT and CBRE are one of those tenants.

No, I did not ask that specifically. I doubt the agents will know other than those already mentioned or published in the media.

What I was told is that offices are more than 50% leased and mall is about the same. They will TOP in phases starting this year.

Starting tomorrow 5th April, PPR Phase II sales will start. Multiple units and past owners get first dip.
    Weekend for those single units.

I got a nagging feeling that Landlease is reluctant to sell all of it over the next few days. Not that I am betting it will be 100% sold.