Thread: Exciting New Launch Near Serangoon MRT

Default Exciting New Launch Near Serangoon MRT

That exciting new launch condo is Forest Woods Residences from CDL.

Located at the junction of Upper Serangoon Road and Upper Paya Lebar Road, it is just a 5-minute walk to Serangoon MRT and bus interchange as well as NEX mega mall.

This residential development consists of 519 units in 12-storey towers and comes with full condo facilities.

Popular schools nearby include Paya Lebar Methodist Girls School (within 1km), Maris Stella High, Nanyang Junior College, St Gabriel's Secondary and Stamford American International School.

Call 8113 8043 for priority viewing and discounts.

For more info, visit http://singaporepropertypick.com/new.../forest-woods/

I know it's not exactly apple to apple, but how does Forest Woods compare to those in 2nd CBD? Lake Grande is the newest launch. Walking distance to MRT, international school, amenities, etc. There's speculation that the empty land beside Lakeside MRT will be mixed developments with shops & F&B.

You're right. It's not apple to apple. Every location has its plus and minuses. Some people prefer a location nearer to the east and nearer to town, which is what Forest Woods offers. It is also a 5-minute walk to an existing mega mall and an MRT and bus interchange, so amenities are already there.

Cannot compare lah. Both are great to me but there will always be those that say only CCR is worth it.

A different flower for every admirer.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Cannot compare lah. Both are great to me but there will always be those that say only CCR is worth it.

A different flower for every admirer.
    Agree, both have its own merits. Capital appreciation wise, just wondering which location/area is a better choice in the long term.

Of course Jurong has been widely publicized, so it’s a given that properties there should appreciate in the long term.

Help me please…. What’s the compelling factor for Forest Woods or area around Serangoon MRT?

Hey Kelonguni, you seem like a guru in SG property scene. What's your take on the empty land beside Lakeside MRT?

No lah me Ikan bilis at best a property kudu.

Can always check the Masterplan for the best guess.

Forest Woods the strength lies in very developed food and living options which the west sorely lacks. Lakeside is for the future employment opportunities and for busy working life bringing up kids with great schools nearby.

Purely for rental and appreciation Lakeside has a better chance at the moment. In future when there is a concrete third push for regional centre at Paya Lebar the difference might even out.

Quote Originally Posted by frumnat View Post
    Hey Kelonguni, you seem like a guru in SG property scene. What's your take on the empty land beside Lakeside MRT?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

To me, the attractions of Forest Woods are:

1) The fact that 11 developers bid for this site. I believe the developers saw some worth in the site to compete aggressively for it.

2) There are a number of developments near that area

Serangoon sub-regional centre with space for commercial developments

Redevelopment of Defu indiustrial estate

Lorong Halus industrial park

Seletar regional centre and aerospace park

iPark

Paya Lebar Central

The rise of Bidadari estate

All these existing and upcoming developments will generate a lot of buzz as well as employment opportunities for Forest Woods.

Just my 2 cents' worth.

Quote Originally Posted by soonhlim View Post

1) The fact that 11 developers bid for this site. I believe the developers saw some worth in the site to compete aggressively for it.

iPark

Paya Lebar Central

All these existing and upcoming developments will generate a lot of buzz as well as employment opportunities for Forest Woods.

Just my 2 cents' worth.
    reality now is most buyers bought for stay and upside is limited... The good thing about forest is you can still sell after u sian Liao, as is v suitable for home stay, ..,.if the price is not comfortable then don't buy.... Lakegrande is at its peak too, I walk away too, don't see any price upside

The "upside" nowadays is based on home utility or rental value. Speculative gains are very unlikely or limited and not relevant to most. I think is a good direction.

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    reality now is most buyers bought for stay and upside is limited... The good thing about forest is you can still sell after u sian Liao, as is v suitable for home stay, ..,.if the price is not comfortable then don't buy.... Lakegrande is at its peak too, I walk away too, don't see any price upside

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

The "upside" nowadays is based on home utility or rental value. Speculative gains are very unlikely or limited and not relevant to most. I think is a good direction.
    Agree with Kelonguni. Gone are the days whereby any new launch you buy will make you buckets! Upside these days cannot be compared with the heydays. So I think location, location, location.... and still location is key!

Lake Grande or Forest Woods, to each his own. The former sounds more atas though. Lol

No lah me Ikan bilis at best a property kudu.

Can always check the Masterplan for the best guess.

Forest Woods the strength lies in very developed food and living options which the west sorely lacks. Lakeside is for the future employment opportunities and for busy working life bringing up kids with great schools nearby.

Purely for rental and appreciation Lakeside has a better chance at the moment. In future when there is a concrete third push for regional centre at Paya Lebar the difference might even out.
    The land beside Lakeside MRT is yellow (reserve site). Meaning it can be anything and everything? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by soonhlim View Post

iPark

Paya Lebar Central

Just my 2 cents' worth.
    Thanks soonhlim. I don't deny Serangoon MRT area is a nice place. Much as I like the area, the area feels quite 'cluttered' already. No offence as I know you're marketing this project. It's just my personal feel.

Jurong is playing catch up. It’s anybody’s guess on how long it will take and how much it can catch up I guess. Level playing field… The ball is round! I cannot decide.

No problem. Let me know if you're keen in future.

Quote Originally Posted by frumnat View Post
    Thanks soonhlim. I don't deny Serangoon MRT area is a nice place. Much as I like the area, the area feels quite 'cluttered' already. No offence as I know you're marketing this project. It's just my personal feel.

Jurong is playing catch up. It’s anybody’s guess on how long it will take and how much it can catch up I guess. Level playing field… The ball is round! I cannot decide.