Thread: No oversupply of homes in Iskandar: Johor Crown Prince

reporter

User Info Menu

Default No oversupply of homes in Iskandar: Johor Crown Prince

[url]http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/no-oversupply-of-homes-in-iskandar-johor-crown-prince[/url]

[B][SIZE=5]No oversupply of homes in Iskandar: Johor Crown Prince[/SIZE][/B]

Dec 8, 2016

ISKANDAR PUTERI • Johor's Crown Prince said the view that there will be an oversupply of homes in the Iskandar Malaysia region in southern Johor is incorrect.

Attending a project launch in Iskandar Puteri, formerly called Nusajaya, on Tuesday, Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim said southern Johor's population will nearly double in 2025 from 1.7 million now, with 660,000 housing units needed.

"I have been following the development of Iskandar Malaysia and we are now halfway into the 20-year plan since November 2006," he said. "If you do your research, there are only 410,000 houses and units now, so there is no such thing as an oversupply," he was quoted by New Straits Times newspaper as saying.

He was referring to concerns over oversupply in the southern Johor development region called Iskandar Malaysia, as property developers have been offering many housing projects to entice buyers from Singapore and other countries.

A recent report by Bloomberg said the Forest City project by China's Country Garden - to be built on four artificial islands facing Singapore - will house 700,000 people when ready.

Tunku Ismail was launching the Fastrackcity motorsport circuit project, in an event attended by Prime Minister Najib Razak.

Tunku Ismail, who is chairman of Fastrackcity, said security, connectivity and work creation are the three areas to focus on to achieve the main goals in Iskandar Malaysia - an area about three times the size of Singapore.

"We need to not only beef up security, but also the perception of a safe city," the NST report said. "Connectivity between Singapore and Malaysia, whether it is by air, sea or rail. We also need to enhance skills in healthcare and training skills."

User Info Menu

Interesting, another 1.7 millions people to be added in next 9 years. Considering the pricing of iskandar new housing, seems he expecting most new comers as middle income or rich arh.

Banned

User Info Menu

Less than 1% of China population. One year they produce the population of Singapore degree graduate.

When one's stay in the well for too long the sky become so small.

User Info Menu

Wunder whether they buy to stay or buy to park??

User Info Menu

Forrect city developer seem to target the middle income from china who want to save their money out of dropping yuan.

So i guess mostly investor buying.

Wait next year china will start limiting the outflow will see how.

OCR properties going to crash!

User Info Menu

Heard from friends, they went AEON for shopping, and there are so many Native Chinese there! (they speak with native Chinese accents!)
    How many Chinese Malaysia has allowed to let in?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomutomi View Post
    Forrect city developer seem to target the middle income from china who want to save their money out of dropping yuan.

OCR properties going to crash!

User Info Menu

Malaysia politicians are denying the obvious, that is, Johor is now full of native Chinese (from China)!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If so few foreigners in Johor, why go anywhere also will meet native Chinese (it is so easy to tell native Chinese from Malaysia and Singapore's Chinese!)

[URL="http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2016/12/08/johor-mb-dr-mahathir-allegations--illogical/"]Read here:

[I][COLOR="#008000"]NationHome > News > Nation
    Thursday, 8 December 2016 | MYT 11:28 AM
    [B][U]Johor MB slams Dr Mahathir's 'illogical allegations'[/U][/B]
    BY MOHD FARHAAN SHAH

JOHOR BARU: Johor Mentri Besar Datuk Mohamed Khaled Nordin has blasted former premier Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad's illogical allegations that foreigners are snapping up properties in the state.

He said between 2003 and Nov 30 this year, the number of applications by foreigners approved by the State Land and Mines Department were only for 29,218 units, which comprises landed property and strata ownership.

“The total amount of foreign ownership is only at 2.01% from the number of properties in Johor, which stands at 1.45 million units," he said in a statement here Thursday.

Dr Mahathir claimed at a Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia talk last month that 700,000 foreigners were expected to come to the country due to the various developments in Iskandar Malaysia.

Mohamed Khaled said Dr Mahathir’s allegations were off the mark.

He said in Dr Mahathir’s recent blog post, the Parti Pribumi chairman even predicted that Johor Baru would be inhabited by 1.5 million foreigners.

[/COLOR][/I][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Heard from friends, they went AEON for shopping, and there are so many Native Chinese there! (they speak with native Chinese accents!)
    How many Chinese Malaysia has allowed to let in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomutomi View Post

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Malaysia politicians are denying the obvious, that is, Johor is now full of native Chinese (from China)!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If so few foreigners in Johor, why go anywhere also will meet native Chinese (it is so easy to tell native Chinese from Malaysia and Singapore's Chinese!)

[URL="http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2016/12/08/johor-mb-dr-mahathir-allegations--illogical/"]Read here:

[I][COLOR="#008000"]NationHome > News > Nation
    Thursday, 8 December 2016 | MYT 11:28 AM
    [B][U]Johor MB slams Dr Mahathir's 'illogical allegations'[/U][/B]
    BY MOHD FARHAAN SHAH

JOHOR BARU: Johor Mentri Besar Datuk Mohamed Khaled Nordin has blasted former premier Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad's illogical allegations that foreigners are snapping up properties in the state.

He said between 2003 and Nov 30 this year, the number of applications by foreigners approved by the State Land and Mines Department were only for 29,218 units, which comprises landed property and strata ownership.

“The total amount of foreign ownership is only at 2.01% from the number of properties in Johor, which stands at 1.45 million units," he said in a statement here Thursday.

Dr Mahathir claimed at a Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia talk last month that 700,000 foreigners were expected to come to the country due to the various developments in Iskandar Malaysia.

Mohamed Khaled said Dr Mahathir’s allegations were off the mark.

He said in Dr Mahathir’s recent blog post, the Parti Pribumi chairman even predicted that Johor Baru would be inhabited by 1.5 million foreigners.

[/COLOR][/I][/URL]
    In Taiwan now, just saw TV adverts promoting Forest City....Guess they are also targeting Taiwanese Chinese to buy for investment or retirement... the number of Taiwanese taking up MM2H is about the same as Singaporeans too in another chart I saw in another forum.

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/country-garden-closes-all-china-sales-centres[/url]