Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Life is a struggle.You struggle ... again & again. And one day, you triumph

Default Re: Life is a struggle.You struggle ... again & again. And one day, you triumph

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post
    Prime minister - We have the RIGHT POLICIES in place. Take some from the Richs & help the poor.Already increased ABSD - To prevent speculation & also collect more tax (stamp fee) from the Richs & foreigner investors.TDSR - To prevent those marginal ppty investor (short term investors) wanting to increase the mortgage debt without knowing the risk that he may face job losses.Compulsory Medishield life (started in 2015) - Private A/B1 class subsidies the poor who opt for Govt b2/C ward.Compulsory Careshield will start in 2020 (from old Eldershield- optional which I opt out) - Start at age 30 instead of age 40.Water - 2nd phase of 30% of water price increase kick in on 1st July 2018.2nd phase of Right policies not yet in place===========================GST from 7% to 10% after 2025 ?Open Electricity market plan - can get 20% cheaper if chose them (electricity retailer) instead of PUB. Not sure how it will impact us in the future.CPF life payout eventually have to start at age 67 ( after 2025 ? 2030) ? as they lives longer. My neighbour old uncle age 100 this year. Grandma age 95. Still very healthy.More to come.
    Forget to add.

1. When you are rich, they give you EC so that after 5 years MOP you can sell and profit a 3 room HDB fully paid.
    2. If you are richer, you buy Private Condo, they increase the land price 100% in 7 years.
    3. If you are richer than the rich, you buy landed after 30 years you get millions in your bank account, you can travel the World and give some to your children.

HDB is the best because you only lease whereas the Private you got an interest in land.

When they pour Billion on the Land you get a share, HDB you get SER if not VER if not ZERO.

The choice is your, please don't blame anyone else for choosing the wrong choice.

The agent only want you to buy and sell but when you profit you forget the agent.

Why most don't like agent because of 80% rent airspace, not much profit some worst negative sale.

Not Rich eat the two cherries first, Rich go EC, Richer buy Private spare cash invest wish everyone Huat Ah.
    Last edited by Arcachon; 23-01-19 at 07:58.

Default Re: Life is a struggle.You struggle ... again & again. And one day, you triumph

You are Who you Learn from, Your Mind is the same as those you associate most.

Don't say I never tell you my secret.

MASTER THE 5 GOLDEN RULES
    to Property Investing that will Make your Profit
    SAFE AND PREDICTABLE

Like and Share if you know someone might benefit from the Secret.

Limited Seats. Register HERE!

https://www.propnex.com/templates/GoldenRules/R057844H

Date: JANUARY 26 SATURDAY
    Time: 2:30pm
    Venue: 8 St Thomas Walk Singapore 238113

Valentines day - Modern love
    ==================
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNqDdZ24q2k

Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history (life) , but not a part of your destiny.”
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No wrong or right when leaving, not much to explain if one must go

In modern society, it’s silly to talk about forever, as that moment goes by the spark has gone

it’s impossible to give a whole life

When relationship ends i should let go, how come i over thinking it?

If i get enough of you, I won’t waste time anymore.

if separate with you,I will probably get a chance to love another one

impossible to give a whole life and wasted it

You and me are like passersby in love, know very well if continue to love we would suffer more

Wish you could let me go easily, leave me some happy memories and let me go

is because we knew each other well and then understand

leaving with a smile and tomorrow will be only me, i will remember us back to the beginning

if your heart feels lonely come to see me again

if your chest feels empty come to see me again

no need to be painful when you think of me

My eldest son (9) came back from school & anxiously ask me what is the meaning of life.
    I was quite surprise as he & his classmate were talking about it. My simple response is that
    Life is a long journey of many sadness (downs) & happiness (ups).

The journey of life
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes I was alone looking back at the old times

It was me in the past, full of sadness,anger and frustration

False blames and accusations (it destroy relationship)

It caused great feeling of unfairness to build up (unhappiness)

Always cared a lot about rumours and responses (self esteem )

Learned the lesson (Pain changes people. Forget about hurt you. Never forget what taught you)

Led by books and literatures (Good book changes your life)

After so many years now can see through it all, no longer locking up myself. My chains (negative thought) are gone .

I feel that I know the way (Good days give you happiness; bad days give you experiences; both are essential to life)

I won’t be as stupid as before ( A negative thought will never give you a positive life)

Wipe away the tears (a new beginning of new life) , walk forward relaxed and smiling.

In fate it was already decided that you be rich or poor,

If life destines something for you, you will have it in the end.

If life destines you never to have it, there is no point forcing it.

What is false will never be true; truth is always true;

Always believed that silence is gold.

There is justice is what is right and wrong.

The person who does good deserves the greatest joy.

Careful in speaking so not to offend others.

When cold storms come up, don’t take it too seriously.

So long as your conscience is clear.

Confidence fills the heart.

No need to care about sarcasm (derision, mockery, ridicule) and questioning;

Let people laugh and condemn as they like (have a peaceful mindset)

Live on as a cool (positive motivated) and carefree person (Happy person)

Young people, live on as a cool (positive motivated) and carefree person (happy person).

Continue to walk on, live on as a cool (positive motivated) and carefree person (happy person)

Life's always ups and downs.

We will not get life that will be happy every minutes every seconds.

There will be time where life gets harder and difficult.

There will be time where life gets easier.

We need to let it go and don't clinch on the past.

We need not to overthink whatever we do in our life.

We need to understand many things are beyond our control, let it go.....

To lighten up our life and we will see ease and light and happy.

My eldest son (9) came back from school & anxiously ask me what is the meaning of life.
    I was quite surprise as he & his classmate were talking about it. My simple response is that

The journey of life
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Learned the lesson (Pain changes people. Forget about hurt you. Never forget what taught you)

After so many years now can see through it all, no longer locking up myself. My chains (negative thought) are gone .

I feel that I know the way (Good days give you happiness; bad days give you experiences; both are essential to life)

I won’t be as stupid as before ( A negative thought will never give you a positive life)

Wipe away the tears (a new beginning of new life) , walk forward relaxed and smiling.

Young people, live on as a cool (positive motivated) and carefree person (happy person).

Continue to walk on, live on as a cool (positive motivated) and carefree person (happy person)
    As I (or we) grow older & wiser and experience the Ups & Downs, I (we) begin to understand. Time does not heal everything. But acceptance will heal everything. So Happiness can exist only in acceptance.

The journey of life

Accept Life As It Is - Life is "fated" anyway
    ==========================
    姻缘 a marriage predestined by fate

My friend told me he was a rebellious young man who keep long hair , smoke & drink. He once drove without license & met a accident. He survived without serious injury. His "fate story" started when this beautiful young & attractive lady joined the company. Both them are colleagues. Because of her beauty, many mgrs & engrs were competing against each other to court her. My friend's boss encouraged him to do so. His reply is "Siow"(crazy). No look , no degree cert , Non executive post & driving a >10 yrs 2nd hand car. Totally no hope he said.

One day after office hrs, he happened to drove out from the carpark. She flagged her hand to signal him to stop to fetch her back. It was a shock to him as there were already 2 cars waiting for her. Days later, she approached him & asked him why he did not date her out. She said she has been waiting for him for so many days to date her out. He got a 2nd shock . He almost fell of the chair. His heart began to pump very fast & somehow his legs become weak. He is happy to fix his 1st date with her.

He was very nervous before the actual date. So he drank a can of Guinness stout (black beer) to calm himself & took a nap. When he woke up, it was already more than a hour late. He rushed to the place thinking that she likely to have left the place. He got his 3rd shock. He was very surprise she is still happily waiting for him. From this incident, he knew that this is the girl he must treasure. He brought her to see his mother. The mother asked him not to waste time on her . Character is : Who we are and what we Do When nobody is watching. So only mother knows his character best. Today, they are happily married with grown up kids after 20 yrs. His mother till today cannot figure out why his son is able to marry this kindhearted, beautiful & positive thinking lady. The answer is 姻缘 a marriage predestined by fate.

Many hearsay that Kuan Yin temple at Bugis predication is accurate. It involves shaking a box full of bamboo sticks. One number would jump out of the box .So the number I got indicated that I will marry late. It doesn't bother me as I don't really believe. I have a few blind date ( 30s) .My friend's wife was a air stewardess supervisor. She introduced three of his "air stewardess" girl (SG & Msian) to me. I went out with 2 of them but with no heart beat feeling. The 1st girl invited me together with my friend to her hometown at JB . Her mother was very happy with me. But I did not follow through after a 3rd date. The 2nd air stewardess date is more of my liking but again no heart beating feeling. I fetch her from Airport to her home twice. I bought her rose through my friend's wife suggestion (ZERO initiative) . She called me for a date & inform me that her friend will be joining us. I was surprised that there is another young & handsome guy she also dated out. I realise that she is asking her friend (same age as me) to help her to select which guy is better. Young & handsome (2-3 years younger than the girl) or matured & experience (me - older than the girl). I have a some argument with her decision making friend on certain topic we talk. The girl has to "tolong tolong" to stop us from arguing. I lost to a young & handsome guy.I did not feel hurt or angry at all by her selection arrangement initiate by her friend. I am happy for her that she may have found a guy that love her as her 1st boyfriend (gambler) is really very bad.

Despite many blind date, No good result of a serious date. I joked with my friends I will be a "monk forever". In late 2005, I happened to meet a fortunate teller Thai monk that come to SG for his yearly visit. He showed me his photo of many SG famous people that he read their fortunate. So I just like him read. His said that my marriage is coming very fast and it is oversea Chinese & 2 sons (crazy). I am begin to doubt his accuracy when he says it is OVERSEA & 2 sons. I got no girlfriend at all & how to marry fast. Furthermore, it is OVERSEA (I do travel oversea) . I do not take his reading of my fortunate seriously as I don't really believe.

Weeks later, I really met the girl I have this pumping heart feeling. For the 1st time (I am timid guy going after the girl I like) I really go after a girl. I went to her hometown to see her grandmother. Her grandmother like my "buddha" ear. She told her I will be good man. Less than 3 months, we got married. I begin to believe life is fated anyway. When comes to marriage life .I can accept much lower % of unfairness with my wife to have a peace of mind & better relationship. 人生何其短,何必苦苦争. I happily allow her to go oversea for holiday by herself to de-stress but at her own expense (90%).

Live & let live. Don't get upset so easily and let down by what you cant control. We are just a normal human being. We aint GOD. No such thing as perfect. In fate it was already decided that you be rich or poor,If life destines something for you, you will have it in the end. If life destines you never to have it, there is no point forcing it.

I am very positively motivated. I want to share & spread the POSITIVE MOTIVATED Massage for all my friends
    I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW THE RAIN IS GONE.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSuB4t3q_dA

Accept Life As It Is - Life is "fated" anyway
    ==========================
    姻缘 a marriage predestined by fate

My friend told me he was a rebellious young man who keep long hair , smoke & drink. He once drove without license & met a accident. He survived without serious injury. His "fate story" started when this beautiful young & attractive lady joined the company. Both them are colleagues. Because of her beauty, many mgrs & engrs were competing against each other to court her. My friend's boss encouraged him to do so. His reply is "Siow"(crazy). No look , no degree cert , Non executive post & driving a >10 yrs 2nd hand car. Totally no hope he said.

One day after office hrs, he happened to drove out from the carpark. She flagged her hand to signal him to stop to fetch her back. It was a shock to him as there were already 2 cars waiting for her. Days later, she approached him & asked him why he did not date her out. She said she has been waiting for him for so many days to date her out. He got a 2nd shock . He almost fell of the chair. His heart began to pump very fast & somehow his legs become weak. He is happy to fix his 1st date with her.

He was very nervous before the actual date. So he drank a can of Guinness stout (black beer) to calm himself & took a nap. When he woke up, it was already more than a hour late. He rushed to the place thinking that she likely to have left the place. He got his 3rd shock. He was very surprise she is still happily waiting for him. From this incident, he knew that this is the girl he must treasure. He brought her to see his mother. The mother asked him not to waste time on her . Character is : Who we are and what we Do When nobody is watching. So only mother knows his character best. Today, they are happily married with grown up kids after 20 yrs. His mother till today cannot figure out why his son is able to marry this kindhearted, beautiful & positive thinking lady. The answer is 姻缘 a marriage predestined by fate.

Many hearsay that Kuan Yin temple at Bugis predication is accurate. It involves shaking a box full of bamboo sticks. One number would jump out of the box .So the number I got indicated that I will marry late. It doesn't bother me as I don't really believe. I have a few blind date ( 30s) .My friend's wife was a air stewardess supervisor. She introduced three of his "air stewardess" girl (SG & Msian) to me. I went out with 2 of them but with no heart beat feeling. The 1st girl invited me together with my friend to her hometown at JB . Her mother was very happy with me. But I did not follow through after a 3rd date. The 2nd air stewardess date is more of my liking but again no heart beating feeling. I fetch her from Airport to her home twice. I bought her rose through my friend's wife suggestion (ZERO initiative) . She called me for a date & inform me that her friend will be joining us. I was surprised that there is another young & handsome guy she also dated out. I realise that she is asking her friend (same age as me) to help her to select which guy is better. Young & handsome (2-3 years younger than the girl) or matured & experience (me - older than the girl). I have a some argument with her decision making friend on certain topic we talk. The girl has to "tolong tolong" to stop us from arguing. I lost to a young & handsome guy.I did not feel hurt or angry at all by her selection arrangement initiate by her friend. I am happy for her that she may have found a guy that love her as her 1st boyfriend (gambler) is really very bad.

Despite many blind date, No good result of a serious date. I joked with my friends I will be a "monk forever". In late 2005, I happened to meet a fortunate teller Thai monk that come to SG for his yearly visit. He showed me his photo of many SG famous people that he read their fortunate. So I just like him read. His said that my marriage is coming very fast and it is oversea Chinese & 2 sons (crazy). I am begin to doubt his accuracy when he says it is OVERSEA & 2 sons. I got no girlfriend at all & how to marry fast. Furthermore, it is OVERSEA (I do travel oversea) . I do not take his reading of my fortunate seriously as I don't really believe.

Weeks later, I really met the girl I have this pumping heart feeling. For the 1st time (I am timid guy going after the girl I like) I really go after a girl. I went to her hometown to see her grandmother. Her grandmother like my "buddha" ear. She told her I will be good man. Less than 3 months, we got married. I begin to believe life is fated anyway. When comes to marriage life .I can accept much lower % of unfairness with my wife to have a peace of mind & better relationship. 人生何其短,何必苦苦争. I happily allow her to go oversea for holiday by herself to de-stress but at her own expense (90%).

Live & let live. Don't get upset so easily and let down by what you cant control. We are just a normal human being. We aint GOD. No such thing as perfect. In fate it was already decided that you be rich or poor,If life destines something for you, you will have it in the end. If life destines you never to have it, there is no point forcing it.

I am very positively motivated. I want to share & spread the POSITIVE MOTIVATED Massage for all my friends
    I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW THE RAIN IS GONE.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSuB4t3q_dA
    Bro,
    I like your sharing.

2019 is all about CHANGE - I am going to change my life today
    ====================================================

Trump and the American have changed. I am changing with it. If it doesn't challenge me.it won't change me.

Huawei 5G & AI technologies will CHANGE our life dramatically. So I must CHANGE. Shift my Mindset and Embrace CHANGE. An educated man is a man never stop learning and want to learn (LKY quote).

CHANGE our attitude toward our CPF. Pain now. Enjoy later..Dont gamble on the future retirement. Act now without delay.
    I hated every minutes of my money being locked in my CPF , but I said to myself. Take the leap of faith & persevered. Continue contributing to CPF. I will live a more comfortable retirement for my rest of my life.

It is difficult to avoid office politics in your work place. We may not be able to CHANGE them (They AIN'T GOD) but we'll be able to live in peace with those around us. Learning to ignore things is one of the greatest path to inner peace.

CHANGE your perception of a good relationship .Every relationship goes through a struggle.
    All of us have different opinions and thinking . Live and let live is the secret of happier relationship.
    Be more understanding and forgiving - I am not perfect (AIN’T GOD,I am only human.So if I make mistakes, read the first sentence again.
    Mistakes are proof that he is TRYING.

Judge nothing, you will be happy. Forgive everything, you will be happier. Love everything, you will be happiest.

Health is not valued till chronic disease comes. Greatest wealth is HEALTH. EAT healthily. Exercise regularly , live life positively & shift your mindset positively.

ALL THE BEST FOR 2019.

Adapt change or Die poor - It is very simple
    ===========================
    Many things have CHANGED after the once in a century US financial crisis in 2008. Stagnant pay , no certain job security , high cost of living (milk power), surging housing price (4 rm HDB BTO flat at Kallang - price is $500k ) etc .

Trump and the American have changed. Trump wants FAIR TRADE , NOT FREE trade agreement with the world. All Free trade agreement with USA by former US President will be renegotiated base on FAIR trade.

Huawei 5G & AI technologies will CHANGE our life dramatically. My son is learning extra Piano lesson through 4G technology online (Teacher in China 3800km away) for a cost of only $10 (50 mins) as compare to SG $45 for 45 mins lesson. So I must CHANGE. Shift my Mindset and embrace CHANGE.
    An educated man is a man never stop learning and want to learn (LKY quote)

Singapore is not like Canada or Australia or Switzerland where there is abundant rich resources , good welfare system & beautiful Apls (to de-stress) . Our Singapore govt does not let it's people slack or rest especially those working people.You will work & work till beyond age 65. They have just increase the retirement age from 65 to 67.

Go for your retirement need as No1 priority. CHANGE our attitude toward your CPF (CPF SA 4% - 5%) as you are going to live beyond age 85 (parents age 89. Neighbour Ah gong age 100 still healthy) . Pain now. Enjoy later. Do not gamble on the future retirement. Act now without delay.I hated every minutes of my money being locked in my CPF , but I said to myself. Take the leap of faith & persevered. Continue contributing to CPF. I will live a more comfortable retirement for my rest of my life.

A Small Success Requires a Friend but a Big Success Requires an Enemy . Pressure from Trump on China trade policies with make China even stronger & more attractive place to invest . China has to thank U.S. for constantly find trouble to "wake" China up, energizes them, keeps them diligent, makes sure that they do not slack off even though they are rich , and pushes them to continue their efforts to modernise. There is a saying .If it doesn't challenge you, it will not change you.

No matter what happens: I WILL RISE !
    No matter the conditions: I RISE!
    No matter the circumstances: I RISE!
    They doubt me: I RISE!
    They reject me : I RISE!
    The ridicule me: I RISE!

Lastly, No health no life. Your health and well being should be your number one priority, nothing else is more important.
    Exercise & drink regularly. Improve your mental health. Happiness can exist only in Acceptance which lead to less stressful life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    n May 2018, Ams is to expand manufacturing in SG to meet growing demand for leading edge sensor solution. Now Mar19, it has to retrench 600 staff (mostly Foreigner) due to Trump on going trade war with China. Look like Trump will get elected for another term from 2020 to 2024.

Chili’s closes all restaurant outlets again in Singapore after a decade

Memories are the best things in life.

A good life is a collection of happy memories.

Let make some happy memories together.

Ronnie milsap lost in the fifties tonight
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHD4kGY7tbs

Ronnie Milsap Hello Darling
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgMjnpZcwSM

hello darling tracy huang
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHDNMeheBSg

五月一日 FIRST OF MAY - Honoring Our Mothers, Who Sacrifice Everything for Us
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS7l...&feature=share

When I was small .....You have given me a happy childhood memories. I finally see you, mom—all the love, sacrifice and selflessness you have made.

Thank you, mom, for always being there for me.

Life is not the same without you, mom. I love you.

Thank her for always being a thoughtful and caring mother

Thank you, mom, for taking care of me when I’m sick.

Thank you, mom, for taking care of my kids while I am at work.

I am grateful for everything. You have brought me on this earth, raised me and did everything for me. Thank you mom for giving me life. I love you

Today I am a happy and healthy person. And I give all the credit to you, mom. Thank you very much for your sacrifices and caring mom. I love you.

Mum was so beautiful in her youth. SHE GAVE UP HER BEAUTY AND YOUTH FOR HER 3 KIDS. Thank you very much for your sacrifices.

My mum worked day and night just to make sure my brother and sisters have a good education. After reaching home from work, she had to do all the household chores.

Our mothers sacrifice their whole world for us. I love you mom.

My lovely mother, thank you for carrying in your womb. Thank you for bringing me to this planet despite suffering huge pain. And thank you for your love, care and help.

As I’ve grown older, I’ve become aware of just how much you sacrificed for me over the years. I love you mom and thank you for all you did .

Always Amazing Mothers
    -------------------------------
    Singapore mum runs into burning flat to save 4-year-old daughter
    "My children are so young, I would rather perish than let them die.

There is nothing frightful more than losing my beloved children.

Life was tough, but for my son future, there was no other choice. My child has decided my life for me.

My kids are a very clear reminder that I should never "crash". Their smiles keep me going every day. I know I need to be strong as they need me.

Mothering has been my profession, my hobby, my life.

Mum left her full-time job to care for her special needs child & still finds time to give back.

When my children hurt, I am hurt a million times more.

9 months pregnancy .As my belly grew I also felt less attractive. I moved around awkwardly, felt fatigued half the time, had swollen ankles and felt extremely bloated, and experienced a bad case of acne. looked horrible most days, like a blimp. Back and rib pain. I experience nausea and vomiting. Becoming a Mother is Full of Sacrifice—and Worth Every Second.

In Life What Does One Wish For ?
    =====================
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqi3HOdkFa8

Sometimes I was alone looking back at the old times. It was me in the past, full of sadness, anger and frustration Sick of living life. It seems like nothing makes me happy. Work and office politics stress, , family
    relationship (financial) stress. I wake up every morning & going to bed every night .Always feeling like shit. I wait,I hope, and I pray at times for things to change. But Nothing change as I cannot accept things that I am
    unable change. Simply I cant let go. Nothing brings me happiness or satisfaction. I just want to give up life.

It is after so many years of struggling to find happiness. I realise that I can see through it all. The step toward change is acceptance. Only with acceptance can there be real change. Enough was enough. I no longer locking up myself. I want to remove my chains of negative thought. I feel that I know the meaning of life. Good days give you happiness ; bad days give you experiences; both are essential to life. This is the law of human (DNA) nature, no one can change. I want to be open-minded and be happy. I won’t be as stupid as before . A negative thought will never give you a positive life. I am ready to Open a door to a blessing and closed the door of misery . I want to wipe away the tears to a new beginning of my new life.

不求,财富无数, 但求,够花够用;
    Not asking, there are countless wealth, But ask, enough to spend enough;

不求,房子多大, 但求,一家温暖
    Not asking, how big is the house, But beg, a warmth home;

不求朋友无数,但求真情一份
    Don't ask for countless friends, but ask for a true feeling

不求,生活奢侈, 但求,美满幸福
    Not asking, life is extravagant. But seeking, to be happy

不求,车子豪华, 但求,一生平安
    Not asking, the car is luxurious. But seek peace of life;

不求人人敬仰,只求内心安详
    Not asking everyone to respect. But, just seek for peace of mind

不求大富大贵,只求活得不累。
    Not asking, to be very rich. But just want to live without being tired

不求,人生辉煌, 但求,一生无悔
    Not asking, life is brilliant, But seek, no regrets in life;

Lastly, 随缘 (Let it be) ,是一种胸怀 ,是一种成熟 ,是对自我内心 的一种自信和把握。
    Let it be - A mature inner mind and a kind of self-confidence and grasp to acceptance that things sometimes cannot be change.

Hi Vic
    Thanks for the sharing....especially the journey in getting to marriage
    BTW... who is the monk correctly read your marriage ?

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    Hi Vic
    Thanks for the sharing....especially the journey in getting to marriage
    BTW... who is the monk correctly read your marriage ?

It is the Thai Monk who visit once a year to SG. He showed me his photo together with a few SBC actresses/actors (now MediaCorp) that he read their fortunate. That was in 2005.

About 29 yrs ago, my senior friend also let another Thai monk (Temple at Pulua Ubin ) read his marriage fate. He was very disappointed when told that he will never get marry. Till now, he is still not married (age 54).

rdgs,
    Vic

It is the Thai Monk who visit once a year to SG. He showed me his photo together with a few SBC actresses/actors (now MediaCorp) that he read their fortunate. That was in 2005.

About 29 yrs ago, my senior friend also let another Thai monk (Temple at Pulua Ubin ) read his marriage fate. He was very disappointed when told that he will never get marry. Till now, he is still not married (age 54).

rdgs,
    Vic
    haha... any contact ?
    I shall visit them

This one ?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ubin-Thai-Buddhist-Temple/193408764015912

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    haha... any contact ?
    I shall visit them

This one ?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ubin-Thai-Buddhist-Temple/193408764015912
    So many yrs ago. We used to cycle & have lunch there. So much fun. I believe it has changed after 29 yrs. A lot of area is now restricted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RfTiJwrJTU. Any dream will do - guitar cover by Dave Monk.

Music is powerful. As people listen to it, they can be affected. They respond

When good beautiful music hits you, you feel no pain. You feel relax & happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RfTiJwrJTU. Any dream will do - guitar cover by Dave Monk.

Music is powerful. As people listen to it, they can be affected. They respond

When good beautiful music hits you, you feel no pain. You feel relax & happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDAGaG_PCq0

Listening to beautiful music is happiness. Happiness is contagious. I am a promoter of happiness.

In Life What Does One Wish For ?
    =====================
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqi3HOdkFa8

Sometimes I was alone looking back at the old times. It was me in the past, full of sadness, anger and frustration Sick of living life. It seems like nothing makes me happy. Work and office politics stress, , family
    relationship (financial) stress. I wake up every morning & going to bed every night .Always feeling like shit. I wait,I hope, and I pray at times for things to change. But Nothing change as I cannot accept things that I am
    unable change. Simply I cant let go. Nothing brings me happiness or satisfaction. I just want to give up life.

It is after so many years of struggling to find happiness. I realise that I can see through it all. The step toward change is acceptance. Only with acceptance can there be real change. Enough was enough. I no longer locking up myself. I want to remove my chains of negative thought. I feel that I know the meaning of life. Good days give you happiness ; bad days give you experiences; both are essential to life. This is the law of human (DNA) nature, no one can change. I want to be open-minded and be happy. I won’t be as stupid as before . A negative thought will never give you a positive life. I am ready to Open a door to a blessing and closed the door of misery . I want to wipe away the tears to a new beginning of my new life.

不求,财富无数, 但求,够花够用;
    Not asking, there are countless wealth, But ask, enough to spend enough;

不求,房子多大, 但求,一家温暖
    Not asking, how big is the house, But beg, a warmth home;

不求朋友无数,但求真情一份
    Don't ask for countless friends, but ask for a true feeling

不求,生活奢侈, 但求,美满幸福
    Not asking, life is extravagant. But seeking, to be happy

不求,车子豪华, 但求,一生平安
    Not asking, the car is luxurious. But seek peace of life;

不求人人敬仰,只求内心安详
    Not asking everyone to respect. But, just seek for peace of mind

不求大富大贵,只求活得不累。
    Not asking, to be very rich. But just want to live without being tired

不求,人生辉煌, 但求,一生无悔
    Not asking, life is brilliant, But seek, no regrets in life;

Lastly, 随缘 (Let it be) ,是一种胸怀 ,是一种成熟 ,是对自我内心 的一种自信和把握。
    Let it be - A mature inner mind and a kind of self-confidence and grasp to acceptance that things sometimes cannot be change.

Wealth is not the highest level of success. Happiness is the highest level of success.

Happiness is an internal feeling. It helps us to stay fit mentally and physically. It also helps in lowering stress and keeping away from any stress related health issues.

So what is the cause of unhappiness in life ?

Money always plays a great role in your happiness levels. It is a great contributor to living a more relaxed life. We know money can’t buy happiness.Lack of it can definitely make your life unhappy most of the time. If you’re poor & always bother by the next bill payment, you don’t have time to be happy.

If you are under lower income group, you need adjust the state of mind to live contently. Be happy with whatever you have. Most importantly you need to do a better job protecting your health. Avoid heavy smoking & drinking. Exercise regularly to stay healthy. 没 钱 就 过 没 钱 日 子, 把心情过好把 健 康 护好.

Middle household income( $9k/mth ) Singaporean face a high risk of being poor when they retire.The rising cost of living , housing and health care cost .You don't have to be a high income earner to achieve F.I.R.E (Financial Independent Retirement Early). You must start at young age.

Bye bye tension. Hello Penison.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4QejtNpt50

Because life is simple, you will be happy, because life is happy, the days will be as calm as water.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojVYZFePq2o

忧患意识 (worry awareness). If you are earning 15k to 20k/mth. Think of poverty. Always be frugal, even in times of prosperity. To assume that one’s job security , prosperity and fortunes will last is a foolish way to live. It is during the good times that we should prepare ourselves for leaner times.

The reason why some high income earner are unhappy is not because they hv too little, but because they want ever more.
    Overstretching (borrow) yourself in order to afford fancy condo or flashy car can lead to a scary level of debt. It is scary because you can’t afford to lose your job.

DPM Heng - We have to run even faster to stay relevant
    ===========================================
    US China prolong technologies trade war, AI, 5G, climate change, prolong low interest rate, aging population & terrorism are some of the challenge face by SG. So more working Singaporeans are going to face increasing stress level

Singaporean spend billion $ on stress-related illnesses annually. Many believe that they have no choice but to work hard to keep pace with the accepted standard of living. So it is tough to lead a happier life due to ongoing work stress & the prospect of working beyond retirement age 65.

It maybe a new reality is that more people expect to work until they die if they did not plan for their retirement at young age where they are most energetic & productive.

Unhealthy working environment lead to unhappiness
    ========================================
    Many people hate office politics (toxic environment ).It make their life unhappy at work. The issues of long working hours & unrealistic workloads exacerbate their miserable life at work.Feeling less motivated to get up in the morning to work.

Life is hard.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuqR7iL8b3E

Health problems are also related to stress. Stress will worsen or increase the risk of conditions like obesity, heart disease, diabetes, depression problems etc

Regular exercise (strenuous ) has been proven (100%) to reduce stress , ward off anxiety and feelings of depression & improve sleep. It pumps up your endorphins, a happy chemical which trigger a positive feeling in the body.

Health & insurance for protection
    =========================
    Healthiness is happiness life

When you are young and healthy you probably won’t even consider your health as important .You never imagine that one day you could get diabetes or cholesterol problems as you neglect your health . You don't bother to buy insurance.

Old age & Caregiver
    ================
    Singapore's ageing population is a ticking 'time bomb. It sees more cases of Parkinson's disease. 82,000 people in SG (2019) have dementia . 3 in 4 feel ashamed and rejected because of the illness.

Most young people are not emotionally or financially prepare to take care of old age parents who has Parkinson or Dementia. Prolonged stress without help can cause burnout.

So you need to enhance sense of urgency and mission (增强忧患意识和使命感) to plan to save for your old age as young as possible to reduce your children burden of financially supporting you when you grow old.

How to deal with caregiver burnout
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svI7MxLbyps

Facing Dementia: Caregivers and Loved Ones
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A86wOM6LvoY

Parkinson's Disease
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkOm-i40Jzk
    Caregiving is stressful and can cause depression.

Married stress
    ===========
    Conflict is inevitable especially when they have children. Human emotions are very complicate.It is so common for our emotions to get us into trouble when communicating with our spouse. It can lead to infidelities, broken homes etc when communication way falls short.

Money is one of the source of conflict and tension for many couples. Disagreements over household bills ,education (enrichment) expenses , housing/car/credit card loans , high risk (man) Vs low risk (woman) investment , different money values over WANT vs NEED etc. Different parenting styles especially involve parent-in law is also one of conflict.

Conflict & tension can be solved. All the answer we need are inside us. We just need to calm down in a quiet cooling place or taking a long bus journey with apple IPOD music or...

Accept people for who they are, not for what you want them to be. don’t try to change who they are. Word of wisdom. Let it be - A mature inner mind and a kind of self-confidence & grasp to acceptance that things sometimes cannot be change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc7qGegBbUQ.

Crying can actually make you feel better. Knowing this, you may be more inclined to find the sad song or the song that triggers memories so that you can quite literally cry it out.

Songs that induce weeping do you good & crying to sad music is mood enhancing. Chemicals that build up during emotional stress may be removed in our tears when we cry .It activates the body in a healthy way. It releases stress & therefore is a great practice when it comes to staying mentally healthy.

F-E-A-R has two meanings: 'Forget Everything and Run,' or, 'Face Everything and Rise. Fear is something we all have faced, and will face again.

Music is known to have positive medicinal effects. It can help you adjust that attitude. It is a mood booster. When a great song energizes your motivation, you can go farther with less effort. Listen it many times. 10 times ,100 times or 1000 times. days , months or years. It is a matter of time your F.E.A.R mood changes from you is Face Everything And Rise.

Amazing Grace
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUKrpYNwYxU

南無阿彌陀佛-李娜
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw9zdyxRPWs

Om Mani Padme Hum Original Extended Version x9
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-ZO7bsA2pA

Enya - May it be ( lyrics ) ♫
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8u4VLk0iTI

El Condor Pasa (Guitar instrumental)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL3Fnm1fc4

More Than Love--Sky's violin 假如爱有天意
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGVfiITL7Po

赵雷 Zhao Lei - 成都 Chengdu | 夜色钢琴曲 Night Piano Cover
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nt9MuYIXBY

Jimmy Cliff - I Can See Clearly Now With Lyrics
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSuB4t3q_dA.

The best way to multiply your happiness is to share it with others. Be positive. 2020 new year resolution. Be more happy & healthy.

Happiness is an internal feeling. It helps us to stay fit mentally and physically. It also helps in lowering stress and keeping away from any stress related health issues.

So what is the cause of unhappiness in life ?

Money always plays a great role in your happiness levels. It is a great contributor to living a more relaxed life. We know money can’t buy happiness.Lack of it can definitely make your life unhappy most of the time. If you’re poor & always bother by the next bill payment, you don’t have time to be happy.

If you are under lower income group, you need adjust the state of mind to live contently. Be happy with whatever you have. Most importantly you need to do a better job protecting your health. Avoid heavy smoking & drinking. Exercise regularly to stay healthy. 没 钱 就 过 没 钱 日 子, 把心情过好把 健 康 护好.

Middle household income( $9k/mth ) Singaporean face a high risk of being poor when they retire.The rising cost of living , housing and health care cost .You don't have to be a high income earner to achieve F.I.R.E (Financial Independent Retirement Early). You must start at young age.

Bye bye tension. Hello Penison.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4QejtNpt50

Because life is simple, you will be happy, because life is happy, the days will be as calm as water.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojVYZFePq2o

忧患意识 (worry awareness). If you are earning 15k to 20k/mth. Think of poverty. Always be frugal, even in times of prosperity. To assume that one’s job security , prosperity and fortunes will last is a foolish way to live. It is during the good times that we should prepare ourselves for leaner times.

The reason why some high income earner are unhappy is not because they hv too little, but because they want ever more.
    Overstretching (borrow) yourself in order to afford fancy condo or flashy car can lead to a scary level of debt. It is scary because you can’t afford to lose your job.

DPM Heng - We have to run even faster to stay relevant
    US China prolong technologies trade war, AI, 5G, climate change, prolong low interest rate, aging population & terrorism are some of the challenge face by SG. So more working Singaporeans are going to face increasing stress level

Singaporean spend billion $ on stress-related illnesses annually. Many believe that they have no choice but to work hard to keep pace with the accepted standard of living. So it is tough to lead a happier life due to ongoing work stress & the prospect of working beyond retirement age 65.

It maybe a new reality is that more people expect to work until they die if they did not plan for their retirement at young age where they are most energetic & productive.

Unhealthy working environment lead to unhappiness
    ========================================
    Many people hate office politics (toxic environment ).It make their life unhappy at work. The issues of long working hours & unrealistic workloads exacerbate their miserable life at work.Feeling less motivated to get up in the morning to work.

Life is hard.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuqR7iL8b3E

Health problems are also related to stress. Stress will worsen or increase the risk of conditions like obesity, heart disease, diabetes, depression problems etc

Regular exercise (strenuous ) has been proven (100%) to reduce stress , ward off anxiety and feelings of depression & improve sleep. It pumps up your endorphins, a happy chemical which trigger a positive feeling in the body.

Health & insurance for protection
    Healthiness is happiness life

When you are young and healthy you probably won’t even consider your health as important .You never imagine that one day you could get diabetes or cholesterol problems as you neglect your health . You don't bother to buy insurance.

Old age & Caregiver
    ================
    Singapore's ageing population is a ticking 'time bomb. It sees more cases of Parkinson's disease. 82,000 people in SG (2019) have dementia . 3 in 4 feel ashamed and rejected because of the illness.

Most young people are not emotionally or financially prepare to take care of old age parents who has Parkinson or Dementia. Prolonged stress without help can cause burnout.

So you need to enhance sense of urgency and mission (增强忧患意识和使命感) to plan to save for your old age as young as possible to reduce your children burden of financially supporting you when you grow old.

How to deal with caregiver burnout
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svI7MxLbyps

Facing Dementia: Caregivers and Loved Ones
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A86wOM6LvoY

Parkinson's Disease
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkOm-i40Jzk
    Caregiving is stressful and can cause depression.

Married stress
    ===========
    Conflict is inevitable especially when they have children. Human emotions are very complicate.It is so common for our emotions to get us into trouble when communicating with our spouse. It can lead to infidelities, broken homes etc when communication way falls short.

Money is one of the source of conflict and tension for many couples. Disagreements over household bills ,education (enrichment) expenses , housing/car/credit card loans , high risk (man) Vs low risk (woman) investment , different money values over WANT vs NEED etc. Different parenting styles especially involve parent-in law is also one of conflict.

Conflict & tension can be solved. All the answer we need are inside us. We just need to calm down in a quiet cooling place or taking a long bus journey with apple IPOD music or...

Accept people for who they are, not for what you want them to be. don’t try to change who they are. Word of wisdom. Let it be - A mature inner mind and a kind of self-confidence & grasp to acceptance that things sometimes cannot be change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc7qGegBbUQ.

Crying can actually make you feel better. Knowing this, you may be more inclined to find the sad song or the song that triggers memories so that you can quite literally cry it out.

Songs that induce weeping do you good & crying to sad music is mood enhancing. Chemicals that build up during emotional stress may be removed in our tears when we cry .It activates the body in a healthy way. It releases stress & therefore is a great practice when it comes to staying mentally healthy.

F-E-A-R has two meanings: 'Forget Everything and Run,' or, 'Face Everything and Rise. Fear is something we all have faced, and will face again.

Music is known to have positive medicinal effects. It can help you adjust that attitude. It is a mood booster. When a great song energizes your motivation, you can go farther with less effort. Listen it many times. 10 times ,100 times or 1000 times. days , months or years. It is a matter of time your F.E.A.R mood changes from you is Face Everything And Rise.

Amazing Grace
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUKrpYNwYxU

南無阿彌陀佛-李娜
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw9zdyxRPWs

Om Mani Padme Hum Original Extended Version x9
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-ZO7bsA2pA

Enya - May it be ( lyrics ) ♫
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8u4VLk0iTI

El Condor Pasa (Guitar instrumental)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL3Fnm1fc4

More Than Love--Sky's violin 假如爱有天意
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGVfiITL7Po

赵雷 Zhao Lei - 成都 Chengdu | 夜色钢琴曲 Night Piano Cover
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nt9MuYIXBY

Jimmy Cliff - I Can See Clearly Now With Lyrics
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSuB4t3q_dA.

The best way to multiply your happiness is to share it with others. Be positive. 2020 new year resolution. Be more happy & healthy.

Famous actress Fung Bo Bo Talks About Depression. Depression is just another illness, just like high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArKP...db7n3VyR3oUxRs

Engulfed by Depression - A Story on Depression
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf2x...RTRWCo9G8md-WQ.
    One of the way is to listen to prayer music as many time as possible song to calm you down. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3ByGy875V8.

The old man and his defective cell phone
    One day , an elderly man took his cellphone to the repair shop. He total the technician, a little frustrated & said, " I have only had this phone for a few months & already it does not receive calls. Pls fix it or I would like a new one that works"

After review , the technician came back with a good news. Your phone is working fine, sir. I tested it several times. It sends & receive calls perfectly. You have nothing to worry about it. Is there anything I can help you with ?" asked the technician.

Shocked , sad & confused, the elderly man began to cry. With tears in his eyes, he quietly replied," Are you sure, then why are not my children calling me?"

The technician was speechless. The elderly man looked up, regained his composure , and asked, "Do you call your parents?" Again the technician was speechless.

After listening to the elderly gentleman, he began to feel guilty now. With long working hours and busy raising a family, he did not call his parents as often as he really should.

The technician had tears in his eyes when he thought about his old parents. Well, then, you can help me with one thing. Call your parents! Pls don't get so busy that you let them think you have forgotten them," said the elderly man. And with that, he turned & walked hopelessly out of the store.

Moral : Be sure you spend time your parents while you can. Because one day, when you look up from your busy life , they wouldn't be there anymore!

Life is short when you lost someone.

Buy base on Buggy Jumping strategy - A huge phobia of heights
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bungee jumping is the scariest thing when you first step off the ledge but once you force yourself jump afterwards it feels amazing and really want to try again.

We should not be a frog in the well ( see the little patch of sky above inside the well).A person with a limited outlook when it comes to global events. So many things have changed after the once in a century US financial crisis in 2008. Stagnant pay , no certainty of job security , high cost of living (milk power), surging housing price , US/China trade war etc etc.

It is very tough when it comes to making a living. Retirement a scary prospect for lower/middle income group($1500-$5000). Without change in saving and investing behaviour, you expect to work as slaves for money for the rest of your life. Hopefully, you health permit you to work beyond age 70. Life is always a struggle. So do not get yourself into a painful struggle which you can avoid at young age. 金钱不是万能的 没有金钱是万万不能的. Money is not everything no money is totally NO NO NO in SG. Start investing as young as possible.

It is extremely importantly when you invest, you need to choose a journey of investing against the herd instinct group of majority people (90%). I have made many mistakes & survived. I survived 1997/98 Asia financial in 1998 & the 2008/2009 US financial crisis. My 20yrs + investing experience accumulated tell me that patience is really key in crisis investing. Investing in crisis time is the most rewarding and it will shortened your journey to Financial Freedom. But it is one of the most difficult investing decision. Only the "very NEW investor (pnly <10%) , very experience investors who have gone through a few of these crisis , investors which has alot of CASH avail will only dare to invest.

Do not blindly follow your remisers, your bankers , your friends/relative , analysis report recommendation etc. If your base on your stock mkt or individual stock FEAR analysis. Your decision will be more right than wrong. At least you are buying price way below calm (no fear) price. Example. Bankers/other recommend starhub at $3.50(calm price ) (high was 4.50 - very optimistic price ) base on dividend yield (5%). You will likely to lose a lot as the price is now $1.68. It is the same for M1 or Keppel corp, SembCorp etc.

Fool me ONCE , shame on YOU. (kena scammed playing penny stock)
    Fool me TWICE, shame on ME. (Take revenge to recoup earlier penny stock loses)
    Fool me 3rd TIME,How STUPID I am. (Base on hope investing - Old habit dies hard)
    Fool me the 4th TIME, I need to be CONDEMNED.( Still cant get rid of herd instinct investing)
    Fool me the 5th , 6th TIME, Totally hopeless gamblers (borrow from parent , friends, relative , loan shark).
    The final tragedy for a hopeless GAMBLER will bring financial disaster to his/her families.

Below are a few small & big crisis that stock price is more attractive (fear price - NOT EXTREMELY fear like the 2008/2009)
    2010 - Middle east crisis
    2011 - Greece or Europe debt crisis
    2012 - US deficit crisis (now all ok - just print more)
    2015 - China crisis
    2016 - Russia & Oil & gas crisis
    2019/2020 - Continuous Trade war or Balloon US debt lead to Global crisis soon
    ?

Invest like Warren buffet (richest man in the world).
    1) Buy during "tough" times. Tought times never last. Extreme CHEAP or VALUE stock happen during blood in the street (CARSH).
    Buy during blood in the street . The downside risk is tremendously reduced. Upside gain is tremendous.

2) Buy good blue chip stock (SG & 3 big China banks) & keep a long-term to collect dividend. Just like you are buying a "property " renting out to collect rental

3)UNIT TRUST - Buy during FEAR times
    A unit trust pools money together & is managed by a professional mgr. It attempt to create portfolios that outperform the mkt over a long period of time (15 to 25 yrs).

Schroder growth fund - Return 8%+ since incept (1991)
    UOB Global health fund -Return 8%+ since incept (2001)
    1st statement dividend fund - Return 8%+ since incept
    AIA regional equity fund - Return 8%+ since incept
    Prudential SG managed - Return 6%+ since incept (1991
    Aberdeen pacific equity fund - Return 9%+ since incept

Bond fund (R2-3) Low risk return 2-3%
    -------------------------------------------
    Invests primarily in fixed-income assets, such as treasury bonds, corporate bonds or municipal bond. During the optimistic time, you can switch to Bond fund & wait for the next crisis to come & switch buy to high risk unit trust.
    More for experience investors.

Balanced Fund (R5) - Moderate risk . Return 3%-4%
    Invests in both stocks (50%) and bonds (50%).
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Income fund (R6) - Slightly high risk return 4% to 5%
    Invest into stocks that have consistently high dividends like banks , reits , telco etc.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Growth Fund (8) High risk return >10%.Can also be -10%
    invests in stocks that have the potential to grow substantially
    like Alibaba, Amazon etcAs long as your have the long term investment horizon. Itshould able to outperform in long run (15 -20yrs).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sector fund (7-8) - High risk
    Invests in stocks in a particular industry sector, like financial services , mining or world energy , health care etc.
    Don't put everything into one basket (sector risk)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Single country fund - High risk. No diversification.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Example if there is a Korea war. The Korea fund will be greatly hit the most.
    Vietnam fund was launched at $1.00 in 2007. Still below $1 after 10 yrs.

Young investors can afford to buy (fear) growth fund as long as they have the long term investment horizon. This is to ride through the roller coaster volatility . Holding period at least 15 yrs.But if you are in the 50s. The best optional is to buy income stock. Give quarterly dividend. Timing entry is important.

If you are in the 60s. Better put your money into your own CPF earning 2.5% to 6%.I have "deposited" into my Father's (age 88) CPF RA acct earning 6% (1st 30k is 6%. Next 30k is 5%).

Very important to take note
    ------------------------------------
    Greed investing kills just like speeding on the road which will eventually kill you .Never touch speculative stock especially small cap. Don’t trade as it will be a waste of time due to your own human emotional weakness.

Just be very patience. Wait for the next crisis to come to buy EXTREME fear price. Investing is very simple to grow your retirement. It is you who make it very complex , difficult or no guarantee win. It all about own GREED & herd investing.

CPF is part of your alternative retirement. So start self contribute cash to max out $37k/year (employee + employer+ own cash) if you have the ability. Any excess of 37k/yr, CPF will return the excess with ZERO invest. Start from $100 per mth through ASX machine.
    Dow plunges 10% (12Mar20) amid coronavirus fears for its worst day since the 1987 market crash. It is now in a extreme fear market. Dow Jones Index from 29k to now 21k , 28% crash within ONE month. Lehman crisis ,2008/09 is all about Banking crisis due to subprime. It affected the bank & property. Today, the crisis is about COVID19 virus which effect retail biz, airline , cruise ,shipping & oil. If this Covid19 crisis will to lead to banking failure in Euro or US. There will be really BLOOD in the street (Hope it will not come).

君子报仇,十年未晚. When a nobleman takes revenge, ten years is not too late; one should bide one's time and wait for the right opportunity to seek vengeance.
    I use this proverb to remind young working adults to be patience when come to investing especially when the market also already in the bubble stages (since 2016). Wait wait wait wait. While they wait, they should park their money into investment grade fixed income unit trust (2-3% dividend/yr - switch to equity during crisis time) & also contribute monthly cash (200/mth) into their CPF SA.

Can invest using spare some cash & must able to ride through it (5 to 10 yrs).
    Maybe Qualcome (5G) , Exxon mobile (37). Too many cheap stock but can be even cheaper. No crystal ball to predict what is the direction of the market.

Great Wealth transfer starts again.

Guess what will happen next.

Money already prepares to be pump into the system again.

Fed to pump in more than $1 trillion in dramatic ramping up of market intervention amid coronavirus meltdown

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/12/fed-...purchases.html

NY Fed vows to pump in $1.5 trillion to fight coronavirus-linked 'highly unusual disruptions' on Wall Street

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/12/i...rus/index.html

New York (CNN Business)The New York Federal Reserve is taking out the big guns to calm panicky financial markets.

The NY Fed announced plans Thursday to inject vast amounts of money into the financial system, totaling at least $1.5 trillion. And the Fed promised to start purchasing a range of Treasuries -- a step that effectively marks a return to the 2008 crisis-era bond buying program known as quantitative easing, or QE.

The last time they do it, money just can buy less not things become more expensive.

$1,000,000,000,000.

What happens when Trillion is pumped into the system, everything you buy become cheaper? Roti prata becomes $0.80 cents
    Last edited by Arcachon; 13-03-20 at 13:46.

Guess where is the best time to buy a property?

Dow plunges 10% (12Mar20) amid coronavirus fears for its worst day since the 1987 market crash. It is now in a extreme fear market. Dow Jones Index from 29k to now 21k , 28% crash within ONE month. Lehman crisis ,2008/09 is all about Banking crisis due to subprime. It affected the bank & property. Today, the crisis is about COVID19 virus which effect retail biz, airline , cruise ,shipping & oil. If this Covid19 crisis will to lead to banking failure in Euro or US. There will be really BLOOD in the street (Hope it will not come).

君子报仇,十年未晚. When a nobleman takes revenge, ten years is not too late; one should bide one's time and wait for the right opportunity to seek vengeance.
    I use this proverb to remind young working adults to be patience when come to investing especially when the market also already in the bubble stages (since 2016). Wait wait wait wait. While they wait, they should park their money into investment grade fixed income unit trust (2-3% dividend/yr - switch to equity during crisis time) & also contribute monthly cash (200/mth) into their CPF SA.

Can invest using spare some cash & must able to ride through it (5 to 10 yrs).
    Maybe Qualcome (5G) , Exxon mobile (37). Too many cheap stock but can be even cheaper. No crystal ball to predict what is the direction of the market.

Good news.
    US ban short selling (Spore news radio 93.80 @3pm while driving ) & at the same time US Fed injects $1.5tn to markets. Kill the evil short sellers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM3r...Bpv6i1a41bsgB8

The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) will be very stressful for people. There are fear of job loss which will lead to unable to service the housing loan.
    Conflict will be inevitable especially when there is financial stress coming among the marriage couple. Money is one of the source of conflict and tension for many couples.

Our emotions (anger) can get us into trouble when communicating with our spouse angrily. When we are angry, our tongue can be like a sharp knife. Kills without drawing blood. If you are very patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow. So it is important to move away when the communication breakdown. We just need to calm down in a quiet cooling place. You soon realise that most of the answer we need are inside us. The mind is like water. When it is turbulent (angry) , it is difficult to see. When it is calm, everything becomes clear.

Forgiveness is a healing process. An important action that can lead to a place of greater healing and peace. Forgiving, and letting go of anger and resentment, has shown to benefit a person's physical health. The first to apologies is the braves. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest.

In life, several things happen to us with us & around us. Our Life is always full of obstacles, don't expect smooth sailing all the time. What matters the most is how you chose to react to them. Should you have a bad day at work. Think of the man who has been out of work for many months. Struggling to feed his family. Most importantly, by knowing contentment, you will soon realize the happiness around you. .Not asking, how big is the house, But beg, a warmth home . Not asking, there are countless wealth, But ask, enough to spend enough. Not asking, the car is luxurious. But seek peace of life;

Our life is all about learning, adapting & converting experiences into positive learning. Good days give you happiness. Bad days give you experiences; both are essential to life. We must learn to accept your spouse or others for who they are, not for what you want them to be. don’t try to change who they are. 抓得越紧,丢得越多. The tighter you grab, the more you lose.Word of wisdom. Let it be - A mature inner mind and a kind of self-confidence & grasp to acceptance that things sometimes cannot be change. A person's maturity starts from learning to control emotions. The true mark of maturity is when somebody (husband or colleague etc) hurt you and you will try to understand their situation instead of trying to hurt them back.

Things have CHANGED after the once in a century US financial crisis in 2008/09. Negative interest rate , stagnant pay , uncertainty job security , high cost of living (food & healthcare high inflation) & surging housing price.
    US president Trump has sped up the changes & even more drastic. No more Free trade. He wants fair trade. How can Vietnam/Malaysia open up their financial sector if they are way behind in term of technologies, mgmt , size etc. Just like Mike Tyson fighting with Donnie Yen Ji-dan, 甄子丹. Of course in the fiction kung Fu movies, he won.

The govt had pumped trillions of $$ into the economy to stabilize the banking sys since 2009. So never before in history has there been as much $$ as there is today and rarely has $$ been so cheap (-ve) & yet the central banks continue to pump $$ into the world We are being flooded by trillions trillions of $$. The salary working classes are suffering due to high inflation.

Due to the covid 19 crisis (Jan 2020) , the world has pumped a astronomical amount of money to prevent a Credit crisis (banking crisis). Within a short period of 6 weeks, the US has cut the interest rate from 2% to now almost zero , 0.25%. Trump wants FED to drop to negative. Same as European, Japan, Canada , Aust, Britain , NZ govt , they are cutting rate to almost ZERO or further -ve . Our SG govt 10 years bond was 2.5% in Jan19. Jan20 was 1.64%. May go down to below 1%. If it come true. Our CPF OA ,2.5% is damn attractive. Our CPF SA, 4% is unbelievable damn attractive. Our CPF life (annuity) 4-6%, damn damn unbelievable that it maybe think it is a SCAM by our SG govt.

DPM Heng - We have to run even faster to stay relevant.
    PAP is the kind of govt that does not let it's people rest especially those healthy working people. U will Work & work till beyond age 65 if you dont plan your retirement early using CPF as a retirement tool. Go for your retirement need as No1 priority. The lady in the early 60s (Speak good English) . She said that if she don't work (most of the time standing) , PUB may cut of her water supply. I recommend her to work as a Librarian which is aircon place & probably less standing.

人无远虑, 必有近忧. If one has no long-term considerations, he can hardly avoid troubles every now and then.; He who has no anxious thoughts for the future will find trouble right at hand.; If a man is not farsighted, he is bound to encounter difficulties in the near future.; Those who do not plan for the future will find trouble at their doorstep

人无千日好,花无百日红. All good things come to an end.There is no person that has 1000 good days in a row, and no flower that stays red for 100 days.
    Always be frugal, even in times of prosperity. To assume that one’s job security , prosperity and fortunes will last is a foolish way to live. It is during the good times that we should prepare ourselves for leaner times.

Huawei 5G & AI technologies will CHANGE our life dramatically.
    My auntie loves working in Macdonald even at age 75. She decided resigned when she got to learn how to enter figure into new computer system.
    A senior nurse (late 50s) was asked to learn & operate the latest equipment technologies. She decides to resign (rest) as it is too stress to learn & cope with the new technologies.
    After learning for 1 year + to operate the new & newer machines. She finally asked for a pay cut & move to another dept which doesn't require to learn those complex machines again.

Climate changes
    =============
    More than 100,000 flee floods in Japan after 'once-in-100 years' rain. The next moment ,Australia suffers devastating fires after hottest, driest year on record probably once in a century. Our SG govt needs to spend $100 billion to protect Singapore against rising sea level.

Competition
    =========
    Mahathir - The very hard working Vietnam will soon pull ahead of Malaysia . Its economy will be bigger than Singapore's in 10 years time if Vietnam current growth conditions continue. My friend employed a few Vietnamese data entry station in Vietnam which the computer system are linked from SG office. Salary only US$350-400 as compare to S'porean 2200-2800.

By 2028, all SG secondary school students will have their own digital device, such as an iPad, as part of a national digital literacy programme as the Ministry of Education (MOE) seeks to strengthen digital literacy among students under its new National Digital Literacy Programme.

I have been telling my friends the important of CPF many times. They said I should work for CPF board. My relative thinks that I am too long winded. Keep Whatapp them mostly about CPF. I have been investing since 1991. I know that if the investors cannot manage his emotional investing behaviour (greed, hope, herd instinct, Peeping tom, fear, inability to cut loss etc) They will never win in long run. Most of my friends/colleague/relative (90%) are not making money even after 30 yrs of investing. If they will to put all these invested money in the CPF instead of investing or trading. They will be better off now.

Remember that it is the "DRUG DEALER" ( Biggest hidden & unknow speculators , BANK, hedge fund , financial media etc ) who control the market. They give u drug to keep you high. Push the stock higher & higher since 2009. When everybody is so high (the longest bull run in recorded history) . They withdraw the "drug" out of sudden & keep you off guard. By the time you want to react, it is too late. Many Guru says that it is the right time to buy now. I think so if you have spare cash but prepare to hold 5-10 yrs. Buy unit trust is better as you are not concentrated in single or dual stock risk.