Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Serious need opinion] - The Parc or The Trilinq

Thumbs up [Serious need opinion] - The Parc or The Trilinq

Hi all,

I would like to hear your honest opinion about these two condos. I know I am not comparing apple to apple. but as the case stands, these two are the closest in terms of their location to Clementi central, pricing and relative age. From a normal view point, which condo would you expect to appreciate the fastest among all common factors that are developing in the west and why?

Many thanks in advance! (sorry in advance if I should post the thread like this in this forum)

if the prices are comparable, wouldn't freehold (parc) be safer?

The Parc (freehold) is a defensive asset I think and hence should hold value better. But if I am talking about appreciation? Which one will be more ideal? Is there a chance that both appreciates together at the roughly same rate? As I see the two as almost quite similar in qualities except for trilinq being slightly nearer to clementi central but not freehold.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander1984 View Post
    The Parc (freehold) is a defensive asset I think and hence should hold value better. But if I am talking about appreciation? Which one will be more ideal? Is there a chance that both appreciates together at the roughly same rate? As I see the two as almost quite similar in qualities except for trilinq being slightly nearer to clementi central but not freehold.
    My colleague owns a unit at The Parc, he complains about the poor quality fitting and flooring.
    The most successful investors are defined by their actions in a bear market, not a bull market.

did he mentioned about the location? is it good? and morning the gantry does it get stuck with lots of cars leaving?

on the other hand, for trilinq, the layout is also not ideal as the rooms are quite small.

on a balance of the strengths and weakness (e.g. trilinq is newer, near to mrt, good school, smaller rooms, the parc is freehold, near to good school and has bigger rooms, older and etc) which in your opinion will have more room to appreciate within a 10 year run?

If newness is not an issue, the Parc is better.

If newness is, then Trilinq is better with developer warranty for a period. I also hearsay got quite a bit of defects to rectify for Trilinq owners. Facilities etc are more suited for use.

For a buffer of safety, FH is safer.

Maybe try to sense the management condition of the condo to decide. Check the bus stops access and buses available as well, there are many bus routes criss crossing in this vicinity.

on a balance of the strengths and weakness (e.g. trilinq is newer, near to mrt, good school, smaller rooms, the parc is freehold, near to good school and has bigger rooms, older and etc) which in your opinion will have more room to appreciate within a 10 year run?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    If newness is not an issue, the Parc is better.

If newness is, then Trilinq is better with developer warranty for a period. I also hearsay got quite a bit of defects to rectify for Trilinq owners. Facilities etc are more suited for use.

For a buffer of safety, FH is safer.

Maybe try to sense the management condition of the condo to decide. Check the bus stops access and buses available as well, there are many bus routes criss crossing in this vicinity.
    That is a very good point, meaning the parc had its issues rectified )at least I think. but if I am not going to hold for more than 10 years. and given the current state of both condos. one new and one older and the differences (e.g. furnishing, I heard the parc has marbled toilets but tonnes of wasted space, design issues, fittings) vs the trilinq which we know uses average materials and internal furnishings are not as good and it selling mainly on its closer proximity to clementi central) on a balance of these factors. Which should appreciate in the short run?

did he mentioned about the location? is it good? and morning the gantry does it get stuck with lots of cars leaving?
    Nope he didnt.
    You can take a look at Fulcrum@D15.
    It's by the same developer.
    I've seen it.
    The most successful investors are defined by their actions in a bear market, not a bull market.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Nope he didnt.
    You can take a look at Fulcrum@D15.
    It's by the same developer.
    I've seen it.
    What about appreciation for the Parc or the trilinq, on a balance of possibilities, which should appreciate more in a 10 year period?

What about appreciation for the Parc or the trilinq, on a balance of possibilities, which should appreciate more in a 10 year period?
    If purely about appreciation, both will depreciate with time.

Look at your investment timeline, 5 years not much, 10 years maybe, more than 10 years go for FH.

somehow I have the impression that the Parc while it is comparable to trilinq, dosent appreciate as much due to the proximity to clementi central (even thou its FH, has slightly better internal furnishing). the trilinq being newer may appreciate more due to its age and proximity to clementi central despite being leasehold and not as good internal design? Am I too quick to jump the gun?

somehow I have the impression that the Parc while it is comparable to trilinq, dosent appreciate as much due to the proximity to clementi central (even thou its FH, has slightly better internal furnishing). the trilinq being newer may appreciate more due to its age and proximity to clementi central despite being leasehold and not as good internal design? Am I too quick to jump the gun?
    Do you know what the next buyer of your unit like.

I have a common corridor HDB for sale in 1995, the agent bought lot of buyer most did not give an offer.

I sold my unit at 285,000 on a HDB valuation of 195,000.

For investment or own stay?

That is a very good point, meaning the parc had its issues rectified )at least I think. but if I am not going to hold for more than 10 years. and given the current state of both condos. one new and one older and the differences (e.g. furnishing, I heard the parc has marbled toilets but tonnes of wasted space, design issues, fittings) vs the trilinq which we know uses average materials and internal furnishings are not as good and it selling mainly on its closer proximity to clementi central) on a balance of these factors. Which should appreciate in the short run?
    How sure are u both will appreciate? Market is on a gentle slide down. You might lose money.

We need to know why u r thinking of buying around here.

Hi all,

I would like to hear your honest opinion about these two condos. I know I am not comparing apple to apple. but as the case stands, these two are the closest in terms of their location to Clementi central, pricing and relative age. From a normal view point, which condo would you expect to appreciate the fastest among all common factors that are developing in the west and why?

Many thanks in advance! (sorry in advance if I should post the thread like this in this forum)

Ok .

Just for you, and because I got nothing to do at the moment,

Btw the two, I would definitely choose the PARC.

Location is better.

And freehold some more.

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana View Post
    How sure are u both will appreciate? Market is on a gentle slide down. You might lose money.

We need to know why u r thinking of buying around here.
    Exactly!

Why is he even considering buying now if his objective is for capital appreciation and sell within the next 10 years? The chances of him loosing money is rather high unless he is a foreigner looking to hedge his currency.

If he is buying now for a place to stay, than the need is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    Exactly!

Why is he even considering buying now if his objective is for capital appreciation and sell within the next 10 years? The chances of him loosing money is rather high unless he is a foreigner looking to hedge his currency.

I am buying to stay but of course hope that it will/may appreciate. So given these factors, a short term stay, trilinq has more chances for appreciation? And on the parc, why is the location better? As in exclusive?

Exactly!

But the market may also go up , you see. No one knows!

I am buying to stay but of course hope that it will/may appreciate. So given these factors, a short term stay, trilinq has more chances for appreciation? And on the parc, why is the location better? As in exclusive?
    If you're buying to stay buy the one that you like.

But PARC is safer long term because its freehold. Also trilinq I don't like that location lei. Its like Faber garden wannabe , right at the edge. And next to the busy ave 6. And you alrd mention PARC got better quality / furnishing . so I think the lure of appreciation is messing around with your decision.

If market up both will up. And vice versa.

But if for me for own . Stay , for sure I get PARC.

But the market may also go up , you see. No one knows!
    That is why when you buy a property, make sure there is 'value' in your investment. The value can be cash flow if the property is for investment. If the property is for own stay, then you have to decide to take the risk to buy high and care not what the future price will be. If you are hoping for capital appreciation within 10 years, then you must be prepared that you are going to loose money too. In another word, you are taking a gamble.

A couple (age 35 to Age 40) with 2 kids (age 3-10) earning combine Salary of $12k-$15k is better off living in HDB rather than upgarde to condo.
    1st priority has to be plan your future retirement as early as possible through CPF. High interest (2.5% to 5%) & guarantee.

There is no much certainty in term of job sercurity now. Always remember that the company you work for promise you job today but never promised you
    job tomorrow. Be prepared for rainy days. No matter how well you’re doing, you’ve got to be prepared. Don't plan to fail & go into a high debt

Assuming you are buying a condo costing $1.2m. Loan $900k. Part of your purchase is using CPF-OA whcih wipe out your future retirement.

1) Combine couple Salary assuming $12k- $15k/mth

Per month
    =======
    Mortage loan of 900k (1.5%) = $4300
    ppty tax = $80 ($2.5k/yr)
    Maint Fee = $300
    Mortagage insurance = ??? (Some dont buy at all)
    Electricity bill = $250
    Family car loan ($70k) = $1000
    Car petrol = $250
    Car insurance = $80
    Car road tax = $80
    Couple HP bill = $120
    Starhub SVC = $60
    Kids enrichment = $500
    Kids school fee = $800 (age 3-10)
    Family expense Food etc = $800
    Maid =$700
    Piety Filial - Parent =$1000 (I hv a high Salary earner friend paying $6k/mth mother. Wife not so happy)
    Misc like holiday etc = ???
    Misc like sick = ???
    -----------------------------------------------
    Total $9070

Couple insurance est = $1400
    2 Kids insurance = $600
    =====================
    Total family insurance = $2000/mth
    ======================

Your expense family est per month is around $11,070. Couple Salary is 12k-$15k. You are in a border line case. Risk is high as you cannot guarantee your job is secured. Stay where you are. It is a totally different condition in SG. If you dont have the right skill. A master or a honor degree is also useless.

If you're buying to stay buy the one that you like.

But PARC is safer long term because its freehold. Also trilinq I don't like that location lei. Its like Faber garden wannabe , right at the edge. And next to the busy ave 6. And you alrd mention PARC got better quality / furnishing . so I think the lure of appreciation is messing around with your decision.

If market up both will up. And vice versa.

But if for me for own . Stay , for sure I get PARC.
    But long term only applies if it is for a long period of stay? Are we looking at above 10 years? Because my time horizon is less than 10. So if I am looking to stay for less than 10, which will have a better chance to appreciate?

But long term only applies if it is for a long period of stay? Are we looking at above 10 years? Because my time horizon is less than 10. So if I am looking to stay for less than 10, which will have a better chance to appreciate?
    CCR

I think your analysis is good. I am currently in the 30-33 range. Hence my decision to up my debt to equity at this point due to age/employability and lesser liabilities. Hence with that said, I am still considering these 2 condos as I believe it is possible to enjoy the best of both worlds (stay and appreciate). So given then 2 choices, any clear choice and why?

Exactly!

I am choosing clementi area as it is really an awesome place to stay, clementi central has everything and most importantly good schools. Further, with the shown demand of clementi central flats. I am currently living in clementi ave 1 and I never knew such convenience is possible. The only regret is my current location is abt far from central and out of 1km from nan hua primary. Hence I started looking around.

I think your analysis is good. I am currently in the 30-33 range. Hence my decision to up my debt to equity at this point due to age/employability and lesser liabilities. Hence with that said, I am still considering these 2 condos as I believe it is possible to enjoy the best of both worlds (stay and appreciate). So given then 2 choices, any clear choice and why?
    Look like there are more info you need to provide, such as marry, children, other loan, other property.

If you are single, now already 33 wait 2 more years get your HDB first.

Great advice for 95% of us all.

Quote Originally Posted by cbsh38584 View Post
    A couple (age 35 to Age 40) with 2 kids (age 3-10) earning combine Salary of $12k-$15k is better off living in HDB rather than upgarde to condo.
    1st priority has to be plan your future retirement as early as possible through CPF. High interest (2.5% to 5%) & guarantee.

There is no much certainty in term of job sercurity now. Always remember that the company you work for promise you job today but never promised you
    job tomorrow. Be prepared for rainy days. No matter how well you’re doing, you’ve got to be prepared. Don't plan to fail & go into a high debt

Assuming you are buying a condo costing $1.2m. Loan $900k. Part of your purchase is using CPF-OA whcih wipe out your future retirement.

1) Combine couple Salary assuming $12k- $15k/mth

Per month
    =======
    Mortage loan of 900k (1.5%) = $4300
    ppty tax = $80 ($2.5k/yr)
    Maint Fee = $300
    Mortagage insurance = ??? (Some dont buy at all)
    Electricity bill = $250
    Family car loan ($70k) = $1000
    Car petrol = $250
    Car insurance = $80
    Car road tax = $80
    Couple HP bill = $120
    Starhub SVC = $60
    Kids enrichment = $500
    Kids school fee = $800 (age 3-10)
    Family expense Food etc = $800
    Maid =$700
    Piety Filial - Parent =$1000 (I hv a high Salary earner friend paying $6k/mth mother. Wife not so happy)
    Misc like holiday etc = ???
    Misc like sick = ???
    Total $9070

Couple insurance est = $1400
    2 Kids insurance = $600
    =====================
    Total family insurance = $2000/mth
    ======================

Your expense family est per month is around $11,070. Couple Salary is 12k-$15k. You are in a border line case. Risk is high as you cannot guarantee your job is secured. Stay where you are. It is a totally different condition in SG. If you dont have the right skill. A master or a honor degree is also useless.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

I am choosing clementi area as it is really an awesome place to stay, clementi central has everything and most importantly good schools. Further, with the shown demand of clementi central flats. I am currently living in clementi ave 1 and I never knew such convenience is possible. The only regret is my current location is abt far from central and out of 1km from nan hua primary. Hence I started looking around.
    The chances of capital appreciation lies in CCR if you can find some value buy but not in Clementi if you have to buy now. If Clementi is the only place you want and you must buy now, be prepared that prices will not be any higher than you are paying now 10 years from now.