Thread: House Valuation

Default House Valuation

Which website gives the closest to bank valuation?

I'm in the midst of selling my house and SRX gives a certain figure and according to agent, the bank gives a figure that is about 6% lesser than SRX.

Of course when we go house viewing, the asking price is 10% more than the SRX valuation.

I'm a newbie, so wanna find out if bank can usually match if 10% higher. Coz agent told me that buyer will have to fork out the difference but I thought banks usually can match it.

TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by TravieJackie View Post
    Which website gives the closest to bank valuation?

I'm in the midst of selling my house and SRX gives a certain figure and according to agent, the bank gives a figure that is about 6% lesser than SRX.

Of course when we go house viewing, the asking price is 10% more than the SRX valuation.

I'm a newbie, so wanna find out if bank can usually match if 10% higher. Coz agent told me that buyer will have to fork out the difference but I thought banks usually can match it.

TIA!
    I believe The x value changes from month to month. The edgeproperty.com also gives fair value estimates. Bank valuations tend to differ from these platforms.
    I would say normally bank will match. I notice DBS tend to be more conservative. Banks are pretty forthright and quick in responding to queries on bank valuation, so just ask around. If a number is bandied about where the banks cannot match, you can be sure that someone's expectations are not in line with the market.
    hope this helps, good luck.