Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Park Colonial Condo

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sginvestor View Post
    that's very true...

they are of weak minds and should never have signed the OTP.

But all is not lost - give up 10k, but you can potentially save 100k or even 200k if you buy at other launches with more reasonable pricing.

Park Colonial - is too expensive, buyers who are buying are buying at the market's peak
    Except for Queenstown/freehold sites, no other 99-year suburbs have land cost as expensive as park colonial (besides woodleigh residences but that's another story)
    Don't know can share my story about too expensive.

Even now I still in the disbelieve state about land price.

Just finish my dinner, chicken rice price increase again.

No worry, CPI and Inflation under control at less than 4% if you believe.

We need more of this people to fight against inflation.

[url]http://kelvinthong.aboutmyservices.com/consultation[/url]

MY FIRST HOME , I MADE $400K

MY SECOND HOME, I MADE $300K

With the $700k profit that I got from my two houses which I mentioned earlier, I managed to own a $3 million property for investment...

And I did not even touch my own money!

As of 2018, I have made another $900k profit from my investment properties in just 7 months.

I MADE A TOTAL OF $1.6 MILLION FROM PROPERTIES TO DATE!
    Last edited by Arcachon; 20th July 2018 at 08:06 PM.

Junior

User Info Menu

that's very true...

they are of weak minds and should never have signed the OTP.

But all is not lost - give up 10k, but you can potentially save 100k or even 200k if you buy at other launches with more reasonable pricing.

Park Colonial - is too expensive, buyers who are buying are buying at the market's peak
    Except for Queenstown/freehold sites, no other 99-year suburbs have land cost as expensive as park colonial (besides woodleigh residences but that's another story)
    100k-200k onwards potentially possible, only in sentosa cove and super luxury condo. At this bottom market to drop 100-200k in 1 bedder, meaning new launches from 750k to 550k, and resale condo 550k to 350k. Probably 3i hdb flat more than 70yrs lease follow suits and worth 200-250k. It’s all about chain effect, if everyone can buy a condo at a current hdb flat price. End up where’s the demand for hdb..?

User Info Menu

not really

Park colonial -635sq ft 1.1m
    Tre ver - 646 sq ft, 890k

Isnít that 200k difference?

User Info Menu

How many plates of chicken rice can 1 person eat in his/her lifetime?
    Say chicken rice cost double every 10yrs, in 30 yrs, chicken rice would be worth what $24?
    With 10k saved using SGS at 2% interest, thatís $18k. So in 30 yrs time, with your limited life span, you can eat 750 plates of chicken rice over the next 20 yrs. is that enough?

Ultimate Underdog

User Info Menu

You can choose not to eat chicken or rice. If there are other staple food that are priced low, food inflation would be moderate.

As for housing, there is only HDB, or HDB plus private, or private only (all the different types). HDB plus private has just been made incredibly expensive by ABSD.

Existing private land costs and construction costs already have broken records. For the developers that already have their sites, they have to sell closer to costs, contain costs, but will not sell below cost. The tax costs now further increases the cost of future supply.

Donít believe, just continue to wait. But asking people to forfeit their deposit, one is most likely to be pelted with rotten eggs later. Then what, change nickname again?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    You can choose not to eat chicken or rice. If there are other staple food that are priced low, food inflation would be moderate.

As for housing, there is only HDB, or HDB plus private, or private only (all the different types). HDB plus private has just been made incredibly expensive by ABSD.

Existing private land costs and construction costs already have broken records. For the developers that already have their sites, they have to sell closer to costs, contain costs, but will not sell below cost. The tax costs now further increases the cost of future supply.

Donít believe, just continue to wait. But asking people to forfeit their deposit, one is most likely to be pelted with rotten eggs later. Then what, change nickname again?
    not really - you haven't answered the qn about the $200k difference

Junior

User Info Menu

not really

Park colonial -635sq ft 1.1m
    Tre ver - 646 sq ft, 890k

Isnít that 200k difference?
    One is beside mrt, the other one is 10mins from mrt. Apple to apple comparison huh..?

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71 View Post
    One is beside mrt, the other one is 10mins from mrt. Apple to apple comparison huh..?
    Right on, apple to apple, there is no one size fit all.

Junior

User Info Menu

One is beside mrt, and one is 10min walk mrt. That’s your 200k difference.

Ultimate Underdog

User Info Menu

Not sure if you are referring to inter development 200K or intra development 200K.

Offerings can differ due to different site localities or different Builders employed or different plans in place. Cheapest might not be good.

As for intra development price adjustments, based on past analysis of selected condos when TDSR was adopted, small units did not register any fall as they were sold out before the indices fell. Moderate sizes (1000 sf) fell 100K at max and luxury or giant sized units may fall 200K.

Whatís most important is that people who wait will happily wait through that very short period (maybe some other new criterion not fulfilled), and prices recovered very fast back to the pre TDSR period.

What is unknown is if ABSD plus financing changes would bring about a significant fall in prices. Both these had very marginal (less that 3-5%) impact on prices when they were implemented in the past. For some countries, they did not even cause prices to slow.

My thoughts are that they will instead cause a shift in buying strategy to avoid ABSD.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.