Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Park Colonial Condo

Senior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sginvestor View Post
    Those in the know won’t comment in this forum... so why is Cdl pricing the whistler grand launch cheap? Why don’t they pass on the higher land cost to buyers?
    i think cdl said 1380psf average. it is unable to price higher precisely as u said becoz of cooling measures. does that count as swinging in buyer's favour, sure it is. however, it is bound to attract buyers at this level and given that this is the last plot in the area, they are unlikely to cut price further for u to buy.
    what the cooling measures have done is transferred the "extra" developer profits to buyers and that is already on-going. many buyers already know that and have started to return to the market.

User Info Menu

sounds balanced.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, I am really tied up recently.

My 2 cents is to wait for Woodleigh Residences for the simple reason of being a mixed development. There is a park on this side of the road too which means unobstructed graden view for certain stacks. There is a premium price to pay but SPH-Kajima know what they are asking for.

The solution to so many 'me-too' condos 1 to 2 MRT station away is to go for a rarer, non-thematic product that stacks convenience against thematic designs like Colonial which IMHO reminds ME of being a past colonised state (I make no apologies of being a proud Singaporean) which I rather be kept in history books for my kids and leave it as that.

My argument is convenience will never go out of fashion no matter how you look at it. Convenience will ALWAYS command a premium and that is lasting value. The latter is supremely important for all investors post-CM period.

2 cents,
    PropVestor
    Depends on what an individual values...

If you value exclusivity, privacy especially since it's a "private" condo development, Park Colonial is a good choice.
    If you value convenience, want a mall under your apartment, Woodleigh Residences would be good.

The mall is not that far from Park Colonial too..

I wonder, is there a cut-off or price at which a buyer is not prepared to pay for the extra "convenience"

Junior

User Info Menu

Singapore attracts the rich and the famous..

Veteran Hong Kong TVB star Benz Hui has moved into private property in Yishun
    https://mothership.sg/2018/10/benz-hui-yishun/

https://sg.yahoo.com/news/veteran-hk...033727258.html

Junior

User Info Menu

The mall at woodleigh residence is quite good size (>200,000sqft as a guide). Poiz residence mall is a joke too small to call it a mall.

Insights Advocator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sginvestor View Post
    Depends on what an individual values...

If you value exclusivity, privacy especially since it's a "private" condo development, Park Colonial is a good choice.
    If you value convenience, want a mall under your apartment, Woodleigh Residences would be good.

The mall is not that far from Park Colonial too..

I wonder, is there a cut-off or price at which a buyer is not prepared to pay for the extra "convenience"
    On the note with regards to being 'exclusive and private', Park Colonial has 200+ more units than the proposed number of units at Woodleigh. I am just looking at pure specs.

I have no vested interest in any of the two developments.

With regards to premium tied to convenience, here is an article that might interest you.
    https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-new...pments-command

Valued Contributor

User Info Menu

Yah man. And if they rent out as individual units, maybe it might end up with many massage shops and money lenders. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    The mall at woodleigh residence is quite good size (>200,000sqft as a guide). Poiz residence mall is a joke too small to call it a mall.

User Info Menu

sounds reasonable in terms of number of units...

Senior

User Info Menu

park colonial's 5 bedrooms are also limited edition as there are no competing units at woodleigh residences. any idea what is the balance mix of units for the remaining 288 units at this project?

Senior

User Info Menu

Woodleigh Residences guide price:
    ����2BR - From $1.088m 570 sq ft 1909psf
    ����2BR Deluxe - From $1.261m 646 sq ft 1952psf
    ����2BR Flexi - From $1.407m 721 sq ft 1951psf
    ������3BR - From $1.664m 850 sq ft 1958psf
    ������3BR Deluxe - From $2.077m 1076 sq ft 1930psf
    ��������4BR - From $2.55m 1270 sq ft 2008psf
    ��������4BR Deluxe - From $3.213m 1475 sq ft 2178psf

doesn't this make park colonial a justifiable bargain?